[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Dungeon crawling fantasy game >Instead of playing the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: hireling-major.jpg (219 KB, 949x1189) Image search: [Google]
hireling-major.jpg
219 KB, 949x1189
>Dungeon crawling fantasy game
>Instead of playing the brave and noble heroes, each player is a group of wimpy hirelings
>Goal is to delve the dungeon, get loot, survive long enough to get out, and get enough XP to become an actual PC.

Would you play it?
>>
>>46761176
That's nearly every low level dungeon crawler, so yeah, obviously.
>>
With a half-decent system, it sounds fun for the occasional one-shot.
>>
>>46761176
>Would you play it?
Only after many campaigns of playing as PCs who take similar NPC hirelings into the dungeon.

For this kind of subversion, you need extensive experience from which you can build a proper appreciation of the horrors these poor guys would deal with.
>>
>>46761383
I was just thinking a casual beer and pretzels sort of thing would do.
>>
So would the players have a hand in choosing their employer? Are each player serving a specific PC, or should they all be hired by the party collectively?
>>
>>46761176
>each player is a group of wimpy hirelings
No I'm taking pills to stop thinking I am multiple people. This would defeat the purpose.
>>
>>46761176
So basically a funnel game?
>>
>>46761669
Maybe. Different employers give different benefits, but the better the stuff, the bigger the cut of the loot they take?
>>
>>46761176
You realize that's the entirety of OSR "GENRE", right?

Jesus! what the fuck is wrong with /tg/ Lately?
>>
>>46761366
I think the implication is that there are NPCs in the group who already have classes and levels?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.