[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Character Rate Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 9
Post and rate eachothers characters and if you would travel with them.

My character is a half elf ranger that grew up wilds near his family's farm. A strapping young lad with a penchant for tracking. He wields a bow, a short sword, and a wooden Heather shield that he's tallied every time it's saved his life. While he prefers to stay neutral he has a particular disdain for fullblooded elves.
>>
>>46749887

Out of curiosity why the disdain for full blooded elves? have they done him wrong in some way?Which parent was the elf? How did he happen? Depending on the answer it may change my opinion on the character.
>>
>>46751742
His Mother is a fullblooded elf, she walked out on her family as his father reached the end of his rope. He parting words were "humans are frail creatures, I was a fool the thing this one was different." My character too this as "elves are elitist assholes who think humans are weak. "
>>
>>46752182
Her*
>>
So long as he didn't have any disdain for the Drow we might be okay. My character has a disdain for high elves all together so they could bond over elf hatred. A sorcerer and a ranger would make a good duo though, so long as he doesn't have an issue with Dragons.
>>
>>46752259
Tell me more about your character
>>
>>46749887
>My character is a half elf ranger
Is this bait? Bait so weak I can't discern whether or not it's bait?
>>
>>46752182

Original questiom guy here. Well that's a reasonable reason. 8/10 would adventure with. Give me a moment to get mine up for evaluation.
>>
File: 1456279420727.jpg (70 KB, 944x603) Image search: [Google]
1456279420727.jpg
70 KB, 944x603
>>46752288
How is that bait?
>>
>>46752314

Dude who thinks it's bait probably hates all things elf, and is assuming you put the character out to bait guys with hate boners for elves and half breeds.that or he thinks halfers are Mary sues.
>>
>>46752286
He's a Drow sorcerer who's worshipped a single dragon that lived perched on the volcano atop his village (because the high elves forced them underground). After going to pray to him one day he found the dragon had vanished, so he's on a quest to find him
>>
>>46752314
Ok, my bad.
I don't want to come across as a total dick but that seems like an insanely bland, boring character.
>>46752342
No hate for all things elf, but half-elf ranger is the most cliché character I could imagine aside from a chaotic evil thiefling assassin.
Honest opinion.

But I guess to make things fair I should put my own character out here and away your equal judgement:
>A hobbit fighter who grew up in a travelling circus with his dad. He now has a solo-act as 'Björd the Bear-beater' where he gets in a ring with a bear and fights it with his brightly coloured gauntlets. Wherever he goes he tries to look after the freaks, weirdo's and loners because that's what his dad did.
>>
My character is a half orc barbarian. He is the son of the chief of a clan of highlanders, and a mountain orc thrall taken in a raid. He himself was a thrall until he was freed for saving his half brothers life on a boar hunt that went wrong. After some tome among rhe tribe leaening to fight and preparing he has left the clan and descended from the mountains to the low lands, seeking wealth so he can buy his mothers freedom. I am afraid I can't supply a picture since I'm on my phone, but picture a large half orc in furs and tartan with a pair of single sided war axes covered in woad war paint.
>>
File: Stats.png (595 KB, 816x1056) Image search: [Google]
Stats.png
595 KB, 816x1056
>>46749887
In addition to pic, out DM runs with the rule that everyone has the Ritual Caster feat for free, and so as a result Iliira has a Fey fruit bat familiar named Echo.

Echo has an INT score of 3 and is, therefore, kind of an idiot.

>"Mistress, I can't see."
>"Just use your echolocation."
>"I am on your shoulder."
>"...echolocation, not Echo's location."

Iliira's goal in life is to become the greatest thief who ever lived not so much for the fame - though that's what SHE thinks she wants - but rather because she hopes that if she becomes well-known as a thief and adventurer then people will think of her as being that first and a drow second, rather than simply seeing her as a drow and running away or making assumptions about her.

Also she recently essentially solo'd an adult white dragon, so she's definitely capable of holding her own.
>>
>>46752500

I can honestly say I've never seen a character like that, and that's not a bad thing. Alright, I can see where your coming from with the bait thing. Sorry for making assumptions, hope I didn't offend too much.
>>
>>46752500
He's an elf bowmanship is in his blood. Anyway holy shit Björd the bear beater, that's rad has hell for him to be a hobbit, you don't hear about them being fighters too often. 7/10 would party up.
>>
>>46752520

I'll give the bear beater an 8, I would give it a 9, but it's just a little too out there for me, hope you don't mind.
>>
>>46752520
Orcs best race, 8/10 cover my six.
>>
>>46752560
>>46752567
>>46752625
Thanks, no offence taken and no harsh judgement intended.
>>
>>46752662

Gladly. Not too cliché?
>>
>>46752557
Chaotic good and a thief, isn't that a little backward? Either way 7/10, echo sounds like an enjoyable cutie
>>
>>46752701
Being the chief's son is always a bit cliché but I like his convection to help his family
>>
>>46752717
>isn't that a little backward

I don't think so, personally, though I try to remember that alignment is the result of all your actions, not any one individual action. Iliira would never mug a guy in the street, she prefers to quietly pick pockets. Even more than that, though, she used to specialize in burglaries of rich estates or banks - people or places who could easily afford the loss.

Now that she's more of a dungeon-delver than a street thief, Iliira's usually the first to suggest helping people for the sake of helping them, without thought for reward. She gives heavily to charities and the downtrodden. When recently confronted with an "orc baby" situation (it was actually black dragon eggs), she all but chewed out the leaders of several very powerful nations and cities (including Waterdeep and what she considered her hometown of Baldur's Gate) for even *considering* destroying, selling, ransoming, or experimenting on black dragon eggs, stating that they're not bargaining tools, they're *babies*. Though she may have taken some personal offense at the idea that the dragons were destined to grow up evil when, y'know, she's a drow and standing right in the room and is certifiably not evil.
>>
File: all_of_this.jpg (33 KB, 498x449) Image search: [Google]
all_of_this.jpg
33 KB, 498x449
>>46752848
I like her even more now. I've always thought of alignments as what my character is at their core.
>>
>>46752792

True, it is a bit cliche, but I figured random clansmen were less likely to have thralls you know? Assuming they captured one in a raid they would probably sell them since thats a nice nest egg, and if they keep them they have to
pay to feed and clothe them and whatnot. He is quite devoted to his mother, since growing up she was pretty much the only person who treated him decently. Everyone else either ignored him or abused him. After he saved his life the half brother took a shine to him, and taught him how to fight and whatnot, but while aside from his mother thats pretty much the closest relationship he has, he is still hesitant to trust him. He remembers that not long ago he was the slave, and the brother his master.
>>
So so far we have a half elf ranger, a hobbit fighter, a drow thief, and a half orc barbarian. Thats a pretty decent party. We just need a little magical might and we are quest worthy.
>>
File: 00 - barr(largest).png (353 KB, 391x539) Image search: [Google]
00 - barr(largest).png
353 KB, 391x539
>>46749887
He was an Imperial ace pilot who was unknowingly used as bait by the ISB to catch pirates when the pilot tried to get his brother out of the clan. His brother died in the ISB raid, and he now flies for the pirates so that he can eventually kill the space!Pinkerton man who shot his brother.

Now he's serving as a liason between his clan and the New Republic, making his skills in aerospace and on the ground well-known to people all over the sector--all in hopes of drawing the ISB in. He's pretty hopeful considering that, completely coincidentally, a couple other party members are after the same ISB cell.

He's ordinarily quite nice and friendly, but he's pretty capable of switching to "on the job," mode during an operation. It can be pretty jarring to see him on the job and then off it, as he has come to terms with himself and doesn't let his conscious bother him too much. Time at war hasn't necessarily made him jaded, but it's numbed him to some of the things he's had to do as a pirate lieutenant. His personal code (a bit flexible, as any good pirate knows) revolves around the idea that he doesn't harm children, he doesn't harm people who don't get in the way, and he refuses to sell people into slavery. If you can dash in, take the goods, smash one or two things to make it clear you mean business, and then get the fuck out without needlessly hurting anyone, all the better.

He has a very nasty streak that comes out when the ISB is involved. As someone who used to be an Imperial airman, he's got no grudge against the regular stormtroopers and naval personnel, but those spooks and Pinkerton boys get him really angry.

He's got an ace custom starfighter that he dotes over, tries to occasionally get fade-to-black funtimes with good lookin' ladies during appropriate events in roleplay-heavy sessions (without being a nuisance to the table), and has a platonic soft spot for our party's NPC padawan (who is basically an asari-lookalike race in her early twenties).
>>
>>46753860

If i was in a star-wars Rpg i would adventure with this man. 7/10 for not being just another Jedi.
>>
>>46752557
>drow that's chaotic good
>and is not Drizzt Do'Urden

Dropped.
>>
File: reyn.jpg (36 KB, 393x512) Image search: [Google]
reyn.jpg
36 KB, 393x512
I'm playing as a 10 foot tall skeleton with four arms made of other arms that can split from each other from the elbow down. He's a rather jolly fellow who barely takes anything seriously, even opting to do a weird capoeira fighting style to shake things up a little, as he barely has a challenge in fighting anymore. He has no guts for anyone to stab. He's also a fist wizard and wants to challenge the god of war and combat to a round of fisticuffs to test his mettle. He has a tendency to scare the fuck out of common people, but hey, shit happens.
>>
>>46754277
So like a weird but awesome skellington Greivous?
>>
She's a human fighter of foreign noble blood. She fell in love with the heir to a rival house and carried on a secret engagement. Her brother discovered it and threatened to turn them in, so she was forced to duel and kill him. She took up an adventurer's mantle and fled the country to prevent suspicion from falling on her lover. She now wanders aimlessly from town to town rooting out and destroying evil and injustice, knowing full well that returning home would mean putting his life and her own into jeopardy.

Don't have a picture on hand: attire is halfway between Boromir and Aragorn, forest green with golden vine motifs. Her helmet is bullet-shaped, eye-slit framed with swept back antlers wrought in bronze. She keeps a flail and her trusty sword at her belt, and tends to leave her longbow tied to her horse. Her shield is an unadorned steel heater shield, a memento from a fallen countryman.

>>46749887
>>46752500
>>46752520
>>46753860
Would adventure with.

>>46752557
My character does not approve of stealing, but so long as you focus your skills on aiding the party and hindering bad people, she can turn a blind eye.
>>
>>46754347
Basically, yes.
>>
I'm playing ryuutama right now (japanese table top) and let's see what his character sheet says.

He is a son of a minor noble family who chose to go adventuring because there are no major wars to fight in. He is 5'10" with short brown hair and good looking. Through his noble schooling he is gracious in manner but can be rough when talking with people that are lower class than him. He wields a spear and only a spear because his family has a history of being excellent spear men.
His family master at arms taught him to be ruthless and fast in combat. He was also taught that a man defeated in battle will do anything to live, so when/if he defeats a person in battle he asks for their service in exchange for their life. He believes in redemption and that is why most of his friends are ex-bandits ex con types cause he believes that one mistake a man does not make. He also has a pet pig named spaghetti (little sister chose the pet and name)
>>
>>46754402
>>46754478
>>46754478
would adventure with for hijinx and loot
>>
>>46749887
Not my current character (I'm the DM) but
>Somber warforged modeled after a human, uses body-concealing clothes to pass as such
>He seems to be mentally modeled after an actual human, but with most of that person's memories erased
>The only major qualities from his 'template' he retains are a penchant for swordsmanship and a suspicious outlook on others
>Actually doesn't know who built him, and believes whoever did may have had nefarious reasons for doing so
>He travels hoping he can re-open hidden memories and determine both who he was built by and who he was modeled as
>>
>>46754478
Ohh these are the hijinks that Thad (my chracter) and Nikki (little sisters character) have gone through. Here is the journal

Day One: Met up with nikki the huntress at the town gates for our journey to the capital. An hour into the journey we both sprain our ankles because we tripped on the cobble stone highway. During our mid day lunch an old man rode up into our camp and had lunch with us, had a really cute fat dog with him

Cont. Next post
>>
>>46754076
You...prefer Drizzt clones?
>>
>>46754787

The old man suddenly had a heart attack during our little siesta, I tried to help the old man but Nikki didn't help because in her own words said "He 's really old, old people have heart attacks" then proceeded to ask the old man "if you die right now can I keep your dog?" I remembered in my schooling that a sharp strike to the chest stops heart attacks (it really doesn't got super lucky with the roll but failed the lore roll) The old man got up and yelled "thank you but you people are crazy I'm going home now" After the siesta we went our way and set camp for the night. During the night Nikki took out an ornate tobacco pipe and started smoking it. I asked Nikki where she got it and she said word for word "I took it from the old man's pack cause I thought he was going to die, can we go back and find him I want his doggie"

End
I got some more notes and journals you guys want to see more?
>>
>>46754277
I'm always a slut for skeletons 8/10
>>46754609
War forged with a blank slate? Intresting. 7/10
>>
>>46754277

What system are you playing?
>>
File: Areo_Hotah_by_henning.jpg (171 KB, 700x661) Image search: [Google]
Areo_Hotah_by_henning.jpg
171 KB, 700x661
>Hochland taxman
>wife got taken by Skaven (Not by kidnap or murder or anything, but because they were far more charming than him so she left willingly).
>Lets out his rage with a crossbow and alcohol.
>swears a lot
>Looks like pic related, but with less hair and teeth.

WHFRP has a great random element to it.
>>
>>46752557
Would adventure with. If only for the fruitbat.
>>
Here's a character from a campaign I read.

Changeling wizard, parents died thanks to a lahar so he ended up raised by a dragon. The tyke showed magical aptitude so it was sent to study magic.

Right now is a lecherous illusionist that roams the world with a fuckhueg staff-key, has a fabulous Bowie hairdo and pimpin' coat of silver and black.
As long as it has a skirt, this fucker will try to bag it with sky-high charisma.
His best friend is a warforged monk with autism.

Also, while he grew up being taught magic by traditionalist scholars (Read all the books, then we do practice) he's more fond of the human way (Here kids, grab these matches and gas. Those that survive the combustion know how to cast fireball)
>>
File: asurarokutoryu.jpg (309 KB, 733x1100) Image search: [Google]
asurarokutoryu.jpg
309 KB, 733x1100
Asura Rokutoryu is the son of a fisherman's wife.
THE Fisherman's wife.
He was believed by all, including his mother and himself, to be the half-octopus. In reality, he was the son of a rare Were-octopus, a creature unheard of in his native land. The land he was from wasn't exactly a "free love" kind of place, and when rumor spread of his mother's alleged bestiality she was put to death after he was found and considered to be "proof". They tried to kill him as well, but since no one thought to try silver he easily escaped his attackers even as a child. He ran away, but being unaware he could change out of his hybrid form, he was shunned as a monster everywhere he went.
Years later he literally washed up on the shore of a feudal lord's castle in a distant kingdom in the orient. The Lord took him in and made him a samurai, gifting him with a set of six katana. He was the first person Asura met to treat his form and abilities as an asset rather than a curse. Because of this Asura Gratefully pleaded his loyalty to him, as has dedicated himself completely to his service.
>>
5e Human with amnesia. [Level 9 character]

Drifter doesn't know who he is, where he came from or what his purpose in this world is, so he searches. The, human always does what he thinks is the most logical route, even if this may upset others. Always one to stand in the back quietly, observing and finding information through the words of others, Drifter found when it came to combat, he preferred such methods. He was far beyond overjoyed when he found his weapon, an Oathbow, finding out that it was a perfect weapon for his style of fighting. Drifter now searches for other lost artifacts and texts, looking for a way to find out, just who he is.
>>
Demigod young man who is an amazing ranger but subpar at most everything else, can barely speak common and can't read, and is somewhat afraid of other people. Doesn't help that he has some unfortunate tendencies/instincts from his divine parent side that really hinder his ability to function in normal society.

Compared with the rest of the party, some of whom are also demigods or even actual gods, he's on the lower end of the spectrum.
>>
>>46755458
it's a homebrew system the GM made. It can get a little wonky because he also allows narrative bonuses and other things, but everyone's having a good time in it.
>>
Human cleric that was too much of a dick for his diety to give him spells, so now he just does the equvalent of hijacking the holy spell WiFi to get his spells from extra energy the gods aren't using anyway.
>>
>>46749887
>Pathfinder character

A Strix Oracle, tossed out by her people for her inborn connection to Nirvana's Agathions, her near-blindness, and her lack of hatred for humans. Though her sight is clouded, her heart is attuned to the mystery of Nature. She is fond of honey, jams, and hotcakes, though not one to turn down beef or venison by any means. Bathtime is also time for wing-preening, and due to the distance between towns, this is once every three days at unless she can find a decent river or lake. She would love to wear her hair in rather large drills, but that would get in the way while flying - forcing her to adopt a somewhat outsized bun instead.

>>46759712
7.8/10, would help recover his memories.

>>46759790
6/10, would adventure with but keep an eye on at all times.

>>46754277
2spooky/10, would slowly and awkwardly come to see as a friend.
>>
>>46759749
So he's like Hercules but with a bow. 5/10, He'd probably be more trouble than he's worth.
>>
>>46760867
His divine parent is much more trouble to be fair, but still less than some of the party.

>>46759529
Like the character concept. Would love the chance to play alongside.
>>
>>46755463
>cucked by rats
>KEKED BY FUCKING RATS
I'd be pissed too
>>
>>46758489
Sounds like an asshole. I like him. 8/10.
>>
>>46754402
T-that's my fetish 9/10
>>
The character I'm currently working on:
>Human Ranger/Fighter by the name of Mallock, The Delver.
> He's a seasoned dungeon-delver, who is experienced in hunting monsters and recovering treasure.
>In fact, he has forsaken many of the common practices of woodland rangers in favor of studying various beasts, and their weaknesses.
>Though, as a mercenary, he is willing to go wherever the chance for work will take him, he is certainly not without dedication. It would be rare that he would betray anyone.
>>
>>46749887
Solid 8/10.

Jack The Bastard is a rough man of faith, the kind of guy who will scold a beggar and offer his last loaf of bread to him at the same time.
He was raised by the clergy of a sun-cult, abandoned on their doorstep by the mother when his ethnicity made her infidelity plain.
Carries an old unadorned wooden targe and a simple hand-and-a-half sword. Armor with a chain shirt and leather pads on his legs, covered by a tabard advertising his status in the church.
A more charitable man is difficult to find, but his sharp tongue and willingness to proclaim his low opinion of those who will not help themselves ensure that most who receive his aid are very surprised.
All this goes out the window when we're talking about the monstrous races. When presented with baby orcs or adolescent bugbears he gives little more thought to it than the ratcatcher does when he finds a nest of young rodents.

tl;dr: Asshole with a heart of gold, crusader for the sun god, no mercy for monsters.
>>
File: IMG_4901.png (947 KB, 907x995) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4901.png
947 KB, 907x995
Yohn Zapolya

Soldier and Monster Hunter. The son of a shoe cobbler and a seamstress, Yohn would've picked some sort of trade if not for his disposition towards aggression and his low supply of patience. So growing up he was something of a jerk, still a jerk to this day. His parents gave him a good upbringing, though, so he's actually a pretty upstanding guy, if a bit awful at conversation and social cues. (I had to roll for stats, I put the 4 I rolled on his charisma). But seeing how he didn't have the patience a tradesman should have, he went to the next career that seemed like the next logical conclusion: Military.

So Yohn signed on to the local army where his knack for aggression was put to good use. Alas, his lack of proper social skill did not promise a sterling career as it got him shunted to the "Monster Hunter" division, where he would be the only one there. However he uses to his advantage. Being the only soldier of a division that's supposed to be the dumping ground of dregs to be murdered by vampires and werewolfs gives him the leeway to wander about without being accused of going AWOL.

So he goes about the country side embedding his greatsword in the flesh of the tainted and vile, all in the name of keeping his fellow average joes safe and sound.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.