[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did your 5e player's handbook have a funky fragrance?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 14
File: 1460110953440.jpg (67 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
1460110953440.jpg
67 KB, 720x405
Did your 5e player's handbook have a funky fragrance?
>>
No?

Take a shower, OP.
>>
File: op cannot stop sucking dicks.png (441 KB, 760x775) Image search: [Google]
op cannot stop sucking dicks.png
441 KB, 760x775
Stop trying to force your shitty meme.
>>
>>46737458
everyday until you like it.
>>
No, but it had a weird smell
>>
Spoony stop
>>
>>46737264
Reminder that Spoony intentionally TPKed a group of green players at an intro event in which he was DMing because the preset module wasn't simulationist enough for his autism.

Reminder that Spoony supported 4e and savaged 5e, both times without having done more than briefly flick through the books.

Reminder that Spoony railroaded the fuck out of his players in his shitty skype game with some TGWTG cruds.

Reminder that Spoony believes in punishing players who don't play the way he thinks they should, and that every PC should be Lawful Good.
>>
He is gonna get you
>>
Speaking of, did Spoony ever take a second look at the 5e rules and realize how little he knew what he was talking about? Did he come around to the new hotness?
>>
>>46743628
>Reminder that Spoony believes in punishing players who don't play the way he thinks they should, and that every PC should be Lawful Good.

Last I saw, he just dislikes Chaotic Neutral and Evil characters in a standard DnD party, he's fine with them in an evil campaign.
Don't blame him, I hate having to deal with that one faggot who wants to betray the party and cause unnecessary bullshit drama by actively working against the rest of the party.
>>
>>46745518
No. Spoony is one of those guys who, once he's made up his mind about something, will never ever deviate from that initial impression because he's so insecure that he'd never do anything that might be perceived as "wrong." Like changing his mind about something.
>>
This guy is still around?
>>
>>46745581
Thanks doc.
>>
>>46745557

He just does endless Wrestling reviews and boring Let's plays. He's no longer relevant beyond the memory of his fans.
>>
>that part where he started screaming and freaking the fuck out over death saves

was he joking because he looked legitimately upset. like it was too real, like Lahey being drunk in TPB
>>
>>46745595
That's a shame. I used to like some of the stuff he did.
>>
>>46743628
>Reminder that Spoony intentionally TPKed a group of green players at an intro event in which he was DMing because the preset module wasn't simulationist enough for his autism.

Two characters (out of six) were killed after being incapacitated. The fight also claimed the lives of all of their attackers. The party won the battle, Spoony just changed the enemy spell loadouts to make them not be total pushover pussies.
>>
>>46746400
This is one I'm kind of split over, because on one hand he seems like one to try to fuck someone up just because. On the other hand, I do agree only having magic missile is fucking retarded. They would have had better luck shuffling around like Zoidberg.
>>
>>46743628
>TPK
>2/5 fatalities
>>
>>46745556
I actually tweeted at him about this the other day. His response was something to the effect of "If you paid attention to the review, then you would know that I said it was good". I don't really remember him saying that, but I'm not going to watch that rambling two hour bullshit again to find out.

>>46743628
>Reminder that Spoony intentionally TPKed a group of green players at an intro event in which he was DMing because the preset module wasn't simulationist enough for his autism.

It wasn't a TPK, and they weren't green players, but is it wrong I kind of admire this story?
>>
>>46746517
>"If you paid attention to the review, then you would know that I said it was good"
Bullshit, he spent the entire two hours or whatever just destroying it, at least 10-15 minutes of that was spent solely on his perceived scent of the book.
>>
File: 1134 - hTRyV42.jpg (82 KB, 580x563) Image search: [Google]
1134 - hTRyV42.jpg
82 KB, 580x563
>>46746818
>Did you watch that video? The one where I said 5e was good? Or were you busy smearing Ass Cream on your butthole?

Those were his words. Granted I was trolling him, but it's amazing that he wasn't able to communicate that fact.

What I remember from that review was:
>book smells weird, might give him an infection (it didn't)
>Halflings and gnomes are atrociously illustrated (fair enough)
>Paladins aren't explained well (disagree here) and AD&D did a better job of being clear to new comers (objectively false)
>Advantage/disadvantage is broken (not true in any way)
>Death saving throws are for pussies
>cantrips and casters are broken in general
>5e is overbalanced garbage for pussies (odd, coming from the guy who praised 4e)
The whole review was just really weird. I definitely think he came into it expecting to hate it, but the level of resentment that he had for it was bizarre, given that it was a return in many ways to pretty much all the things that he praises about old school D&D in his videos.

Spoony still got me interested in RPGs, and I still love his videos, but it's just disappointing when someone you used to admire so much falls so far.
>>
>>46746965
As a new DM I do have to say some of his videos have been helpful just for ideas and whatnot but even from what I've seen this guy would be the most insufferable autist in real life. He's certainly given me more to look for in trying to ward against That Guy.
>>
>>46737264
Spoony you started this same thread a couple of days ago.
Please go.
>>
>>46746965
>that response
Holy hell, what a charming fellow he turned into. I didn't like the guy when I met him at a con, but his FF critiques were a riot. Same with Yathzee, really. Entertaining videos, but a tremendous asshole otherwise.
Has Spoony actually done anything of note in, say, 2015? Whenever I went to his page it was just a whole bunch of wrestling videos...
>>
>>46743628
The amusing thing is that all he really did was replace Magic Missile on one wizard's spell list with Sleep. The party just managed to botch their saves.

>>46747383
>Has Spoony actually done anything of note in, say, 2015? Whenever I went to his page it was just a whole bunch of wrestling videos...
Not really. The last thing he really did of any note were the Ultima retrospectives, and that's been a while.
>>
>>46747383
Yahtzee is in a whole 'nother league from Spoony. Yahtzee not only sticks to a strict schedule, but he's able to consistently be funny (an ability Spoony is sorely lacking).

Spoony has done NOTHING. The only thing he does anymore are Vlogs. The most recent video that he's released that would have required editing was released on February 6th.

Prior to that, the last proper video he released was from February 17 2015. That's some Sarkeesian level bullshit right there. I don't know really who's donating to his Patreon at this point, but they clearly should not be allowed to control their own money.
>>
>>46746965
>but it's just disappointing when someone you used to admire so much falls so far
This. I used to like his Ultulima retrospectives, his weird game reviews and his first rounds of Counter Monkeys, but he hasn't released anything of note the last year or two. The last batch of Counter Monkeys and RPG-related stuff was just him ranting about his pet peeves, most of which are either unrelateable or just plain wrong. His Wrestling videos never interested me, and looking at his views, neither did anyone else.
>>
File: 1423265042237.webm (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1423265042237.webm
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>
>>46747500
>him ranting about his pet peeves
I can think of a great example of this right off the bat, his video about dice. When he gets to the dice that are hard to read he has a 10/10 sperg attack.
>>
>>46747515
Tbf death is too good for people that use those kinds of dice
>>
>>46747489

Mind you, Yahtzee is the biggest douche I've ever met IRL. But then, I live in Brisbane and was going to uni at the right time to know people he hung out with and been to that terrible Mana Bar of his while it was still open.

But then, I've not met Spoony IRL so I can't say if he's that much of an ass in person.
>>
File: 58558585478.png (85 KB, 379x298) Image search: [Google]
58558585478.png
85 KB, 379x298
>>46747500
This.

So, what would it take to galvanize the old Spoony back into existence, anons? How do we resurrect the old-school Spoony One?
>>
File: 1406430128078.webm (331 KB, 704x376) Image search: [Google]
1406430128078.webm
331 KB, 704x376
>>46747509
hmmmmm?
>>
>>46747520
I understand not liking those kind of dice, I don't like them either. I wouldn't allow them at my table, but the way that he goes on about that is what makes him a sperglord. And maybe you too.
>>
>>46747540
Turn him into a /tg/ spam meme.
>>
>>46747540
We shouldn't mess with the dead. It's not our place to play god. Let him rot.
>>
>>46747540
He has to lose his income, realise that his scripted reviews was what made him popular and go back to that kind of old style. Use some inherently weird game as basis and half the comedy works itself.

But that would take him admitting his mistakes and learning some humility, so my cynicism says it's never happening.

>>46747555
He was a spam meme even when he could be argued to be informative or even good. Not everybody agreed, naturally, but when some of his content was still possible to enjoy.
>>
File: SHITPOST.png (2 MB, 1468x844) Image search: [Google]
SHITPOST.png
2 MB, 1468x844
>>46747555
>555
You heard the trips. Begin memeing.
>>
>>46747548
The problem is that he has legit points a lot of the times, but acts like an ass about it. Yes, those dice are difficult to read. Yes, there's lots of weird dice, but if you really want to inform people about RPGs, stay informative and write a goddamn script.
>>
>>46747636
You're absolutely right. He does make good points on occasion, but he does it in such a condescending and douche bag way that to even considering having your own opinion is heresy.
>>
>>46747564
I disagree.

If it's not our place, then whose is it?

Sure as fuck ain't the gods, they fucked off ages ago. They are done with our fucking shit-eating rock full of monkey-men.

So I ask, galvanizing Spoony, what do, anons?
>>
>>46746965
>Advantage/disadvantage is broken (not true in any way)
He didn't say that.
>>
>>46747696
Yes he did. Why, what do you think he said?
>>
File: thatfuckingcat2.jpg (27 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
thatfuckingcat2.jpg
27 KB, 640x640
Guys there's three Counter Monkey videos on his front page. He has done a few things that aren't wrestling (though t b h I find those boring as well)

He might throw autistic sperg fits about some things, but about other matters he seems to have a very well informed opinion, and he also seems to be creative about characters and DMing. As some of you may know, Spoony referred to himself as a "control freak" and an "(insert adjective) asshole" multiple times in his videos, so I think he is very well aware of what he's doing.

I liked his videos along the lines of "swimming in diarrhea is bad" or the "bardic knock spell" one. It makes you think about getting a bit more into character and about actually roleplaying for a change.
>>
>>46747636
>difficult to read
You and Spoony are both going blind, I could read 'em just fine even with the shitty camera

His Counter Monkeys were the turning point that made me hate him. His Vampire LARP story made me unreasonably angry because he didn't even bother to research what changed and he willingly went to a fucking Vampire LARP. At that point you deserve all you get.
>>
>>46747854
I heard about this and that he was That Guy at the LARP, according to /tg/. What happened?
>>
>>46747862
He got mad because he didn't know jack shit about how Requiem had changed things and how there were evil Catholic vampires at the top of the food chain thanks to typical LARP nepotism, so he in-game made bathtub explosive and blew them to hell
>>
>>46747854
To be honest, that's one of my favorite stories of his.

>>46747862
Basically he joined a VtM LARP. The people running the game dicked him over in character pretty hard, so he decided to get revenge on them by wrecking the game with explosives.

If you care at all: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3AEBnH1kAM
I found it pretty entertaining, but I don't really know shit about Vampire.
>>
>>46747715
He said it goes faster, but on the same time people will probably start arguing to get the advantage.
>>
>>46747881
It was Requiem, and his ignorance over how much shit had changed and his wibbling about muh paths really, really fucked me off. nWoD was my first RPG and I know far too much about the setting than is healthy, I prefer it over classic VtM
>>
>>46747911
It was the same character.
>>
File: tumblr_n16fwlBxa61rd50xgo1_400.jpg (27 KB, 332x471) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n16fwlBxa61rd50xgo1_400.jpg
27 KB, 332x471
>WoD

I just want to say, everytime a That Guy story features this game there's always a fishmalk shitting up things in some way. I was wondering what the fuck a fishmalk was and the first few sentences in the wiki describes them as something akin to 'chaotic neutral'

>mfw

Why, why, why would you want to make that parallel? Even if it gets the idea across that's just asking for trouble.
>>
>>46747967
The amusing thing was he wasn't even playing one!
>>
>>46747383
>Comparing Yahtzee to Spoony.
Yahtzee = Tries to be clever.
Spoony = Angry fanboy who shouted at developers and made retarded sexist comments to his fellow Vlogers
>>
>>46747862
>>46747871
>>46747899
Having rewatched the video, I'm even more of the opinion that he was justified.
>makes a character specifically to be helpful
>other players torture and convert his character for no fucking reason except "it's what muh chaructur wud doo!"
>Gamemaster clears this shit, and then pins the blame on Spoony

I'd be pissed off too.
>>
>>46748092
Oh boy. I'm gonna heat up the thread. His comments were worthy of rebuke, but they were dug up much later to needlessly start shit retroactively.
>>
>>46748136
Dude, I've never been to one and even I know Vampire LARPs are full of this kind of shit.
Like I said: he deserved all he got for going to that kind of edgy circlejerk
>>
>>46745557

He updates, like, once every 3 months. I have no idea what he does all day.

And then it's about wrestling most of the time. I'm so done with it.
>>
>>46747538

> terrible Mana Bar of his while it was still open

Did that place go under then? I had forgotten about it.
>>
>>46748092
Both have made some very funny vids on the internet and both are insufferable assholes IRL. It's not a groundless comparison.
>>
File: 1345579764577.jpg (624 KB, 1024x710) Image search: [Google]
1345579764577.jpg
624 KB, 1024x710
>>46747413
I thought his FF13 review was alright. But even then its already been almost 3 fucking years since it ended.
God knows whenever this cunt is ever going to get around to 13-2. At this point Square-Enix releases games faster than he makes videos.
>>
>>46749003
XIII-2 is actually a good game though.
>>
>>46750094
I really wouldn't know. I didn't play either games.

Maybe half of it is just going to be dedicated to sperging out about the characters again way past the point where it stops being funny. Which shouldn't be that hard seeing as that game appears to feature a cute and eccentric heroine and her generic anime protagonist edgelord sidekick.
>>
>>46748573
Yeah, mana bar went down pretty hard. I liked the idea I suppose, but I'm not Australian so I've never been. Don't know what was awful about it.
>>
Spoony's life is the tragic tale of the Funniest Man on the Internet being broken upon the wheel of progressive liberalism.

The man's community, the people that he drew strength and inspiration from, turned on him without a moment's notice while he was at a low point and already feeling vulnerable.
>>
>>46753777
The level of disdain he shows for his own fans is nothing short of remarkable.
>>
>>46743628
Even if this entire post is bullshit, here's a reminder that Spoony last proper review was in February 2016, and the last one before that came out Feb 2015.

His content these days is 100% unedited wrestling reviews, off the cuff TTRPG stories, and especially terrible Let's Plays.
>>
>>46748546
His Patreon pays by the video, so when he uploads an unedited Counter Monkey or mostly silent Let's Play he gets the same amount of money as he would by scripting and filming one of his old style videos. Makes sense why he wouldn't bother if whatever left of his fan base is willing to give him welfare.

Or maybe I'm full of shit and he got a real job when the Channel Awesome thing went tits up.
>>
>>46754469
He hasn't had a real job since at least 2006.
His Patreon is per month. Not per video. He gets money for doing jack shit.
>>
>>46754523
Someday the cash will stop coming in
>>
>>46754469
>when the Channel Awesome thing went tits up.
Tbh, Spoony actually got super lucky on that one.

When he was kicked off it was a bit disappointing, but that was nothing compared to the implosion of the rest of that website. He dodged a bullet there.
>>
>>46747541
What's Linkara up to now?
>>
>>46756314
He's really busy being a BLACK COCK SLUT.
>>
>>46754646
>but that was nothing compared to the implosion of the rest of that website.

What? What happened after he left? More drama between people on TGWTG?
>>
>>46756451
The Nostalgia Critic more or less lost his mind and went crazy with the money, they've adopted a ton of no-name, talentless hacks to contribute 'content' that's all pointless and boring, and nobody bothers being funny anymore.
>>
File: 1450222194383.png (158 KB, 622x616) Image search: [Google]
1450222194383.png
158 KB, 622x616
>>46737497
>>
>>46757041
>>>/vp/:^)
>>
>>46756923
>nobody bothers being funny anymore.
This was the biggest thing for me. Everyone started taking themselves super seriously, and actually trying to critique the films.

Problem is, if you're one of those assholes you're probably not smart enough to contribute anything meaningful.

Everyone on TGWTG forgot that they were comedians first, forgot where their roots were.

>>46747540
This is the true answer to how we fix him. We need to remind him of the joy of making other people laugh.
>>
I've been saying for years that Brad Jones, Joe Vargas, and Noah Antwiler need to get together and form their own channel.
>>
>>46745608
He's always legit upset.
>>
>>46757041
Hey! That's not my navel!

Wait, I didn't tell you to stop.
>>
>>46745608
Guy is an autismal with severe compounding mental issues. Dead serious in all likelihood.
>>
>>46757588
Pls no.
Brad already has his own clique of friends and is doing just fine. Joe is criminally unfunny and has some of the shittiest opinions in the world. Noah himself is such and egomaniacal insufferable prick at this point that he'd bury down and sperg to death whoever shows up on camera with him no matter what the subject is.
>>
>>46757810
Aw, disappointing. I always enjoyed their collaborations.
>>
>>46757810
>sperg to death whoever shows up on camera with him no matter what the subject is.

But I want to see that.
>>
>>46757961
You can. Just look up any of the old vlog movie reviews he did with his brother miles.
https://youtu.be/vu8WhTd_xnk
>>
>>46757553
>This is the true answer to how we fix him. We need to remind him of the joy of making other people laugh.

You figure out a way to cure his soul-crippling depression. Just look at the poor bastard. He has all the symptoms. I know because I used to have clinical depression and went to a shrink and took pills for about a year before I didn't need either of them anymore.
>>
>>46758222
*You need to
>>
>>46758025
Fun fact: His brother Miles is a cop who had to shoot and kill another human being in the line of duty. And he still seems incredibly calm and collected next to Noah.
>>
>>46758294
Miles is the best brother.

When Spoony was at his lowest, Miles went through the house and locked up all of the alcohol.
>>
File: miles.jpg (77 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
miles.jpg
77 KB, 720x540
>>46758452
Christ I didn't know that. Law enforcement, not afraid to use lethal force against an armed and deadly criminal, tries to keep his brother on the straight and narrow...

...Noah needs to realize he has a modern paladin for a brother.
>>
>>46758504
Miles is seriously a great guy.
>>
>>46758025
That stream link posted in the comments is kill.
>>
>>46758504
>Where have all the Lawful Goods gone?
>They're related to you dumbass
>>
bump for Spoony
>>
>>46760180
Didn't his fiancee that he did a few videos with leave him? That would certainly help crush him, especially given his many mental issues. It's a wonder he was able to produce what he did.>>46760180
>>
Was never really sure about 5e, mostly because I've never played it. But I always found the "Advantage" rule kinda strange. Feels like an incintive to carry bags of sand everywhere I go so I can start all my rounds with SAND TO THE FACE!

As for Spoony himself? As a DM, I would have no problem playing by his rules, personally. Plus, he did make up an entire subplot about a ratman just to bail a character out of the fire, and I definitely wouldn't have done that were I in his position. But as a Player? Seeing him in action at ConBravo was a sight to behold! I would kill to have a player like that on my side.

Linkara is reviewing comics. He used to review comics, he still reviews comics. Sometimes he preaches, mostly he doesn't. I don't think Linkara has really changed at all in the last decade besides refining his rhetoric a bit. What I respect the most about him though is that he researches topics more than other reviewers, so he doesn't hit the pitfalls Doug Walker hits when he rants about, say, "US sailors not knowing how to swim" nearly as often.
>>
>>46761069
I should mention here that most of this is up to personal taste.
>>
>>46761069
>Feels like an incintive to carry bags of sand everywhere I go so I can start all my rounds with SAND TO THE FACE!
What would that do? Throwing sand at somebody sounds like an attack to me, which would consume your action for the turn. Unless you had a bonus attack, I guess, but giving away a regular attack to get advantage on the second one sounds to me like a fair enough trade if you're having trouble landing hits or something.

>>46761094
How on earth can you say your opinion on something is to personal taste if you've never tasted it?
>>
>>46761220
My apologies, I shall be more specific:
Paragraphs 2 & 3 are matters of personal taste.

Also, this isn't just advantage for me. Throwing sand in my enemy's eyes give advantage to my entire party. Hell, why stop at one person? As a wizard, I bet I could concoct a spell to throw sand or dust into ALL my enemy's eyes. How hard could it be?

Huh, I bet 5e works well as a SWAT simulator. "Flashbang! Advantage against everyone in the room for one turn!" "Pepperball gun! 1d6 nonlethal and advantage to anyone targeting this enemy for one turn!" "CS Grenades! Advantage against all enemies without gasmasks for entire encounter!"
>>
>>46761069
Totally agree about him being a great player. He's seems like a bit of a smart ass, but the fun kind.

As for advantage/disadvantage, I think it's kind of elegant. Realistically, you aren't going to have the same amount of an advantage in every single situation, so that's what it simulates. The randomization of the dice decides how much of an effect is gained.
>>
>>46762143
>Pepperball gun
SWAT 4 was pretty great, Anon, but I think it's a bit inaccurate.
>>
File: 1459673237930.gif (140 KB, 379x440) Image search: [Google]
1459673237930.gif
140 KB, 379x440
>>46762143
>Throwing sand in my enemy's eyes give advantage to my entire party.
Actually, I don't think so. There's an actual action you can take in RAW called "Help" that lets you give an ally advantage on their next roll against on an adjacent enemy, so throwing sand in a guy's face would probably fall under that and only modify the next roll against, per the rules.
I honestly don't mind you talking shit about stuff you know little about, but you should probably realize that, in general, that's a bad idea.
>>
>>46758025
Does his brother still show up in his videos?
>>
>>46762595
Every now and then. They both did the Transformers reviews together.
>>
>>46747760
>Guys there's three Counter Monkey videos on his front page

And they're all from last year. All he's been doing is a wrestling vlog every other PPV (so about every 2-3 months). You're lucky if you get an actual review or Countermonkey in between those.

I feel bad for anybody who sends him money.

>>46754599
I thought it would too, but his monthly stipend went up about $200 after he released his Wrestlemania Vlog. I think as long as he's releasing anything, there'll be people stupid enough to give him their cash.
>>
>>46756923
>>46757553

Was this around the 2012ish region of time? Cause I've recently started watching the Nostalgia critic, and I think his recent stuff is really good, but there's this period between 2011-2013 where every review he put out is GARBAGE.
>>
>>46766018
As a matter of fact it was. 2012/13 is the exact period of time that I stopped watching. I came back briefly to watch the Digimon review, then never looked back.
>>
>>46766106
He's gotten a lot better. There's a handful of movie reviews he has from 2013 where I wanted to throw my drink at the screen, but he's really REALLY recovered after that Bart's Nightmare incident. Look up his pixels review and give him another shot, see how you feel.
>>
>>46766018

Yep. Around that time period there's also a big gap where he wasn't making NC anymore, because he started a new show called Demo Reel.

Now that... that is the fucking worst. I mean just the most cringe inducing bullshit you've ever fucking seen. You know how the worst parts of all of his reviews are the stupid, unfunny sketches that have nothing to do with the movie? Imagine a show comprised of JUST THAT.
>>
>>46753063

The Australian from before: The drinks were not that great and it was too cramped to really get party games going on the consoles and sill hear yourself think

The core issue was that it wasn't really a very good bar outside it's gimmick and thus once people got tired of the gimmick it had no real selling points.
>>
>>46757588

Honestly, the main ones I pay attention to these days are Linkara (When he's not doing Storyline stuff he's often funny and has done some great retrospectives of heroes) and Nash (And Radio Dead Air is barely part of it.)

...though in retrospect, I watch neither of them on the TGWTG website.
>>
>>46747538
I'd be surprised if Yahtzee was anything other than a douche. I think it takes a certain kind of person to have a critical view of some form of media and be willing to share that view with others without restraint, and I think that makes you an asshole.
>>
>>46766126
I just looked him up, noticed that he did The Force Awakens so I decided to give it a go. Surprisingly funny. I'll watch the Pixels review next.

>>46766264
I used to watch Todd in the Shadows religiously, but ever since Blip went down his show went to shit too.

I think he's recovering, but it's a pretty slow process.
>>
>>46747657
So he's everyone 4chan?
>>
>>46766311

>I just looked him up, noticed that he did The Force Awakens so I decided to give it a go. Surprisingly funny. I'll watch the Pixels review next.

The Pixel's review is funny, though also kinda miserable in places. Mostly when it hits 'That sudden realization that Adam Sandler has become his every character, unable to grow up or become responsible for his own actions'

>I used to watch Todd in the Shadows religiously, but ever since Blip went down his show went to shit too.

Todd's pretty cool. I liked his stuff, though I'm not a huge music fan so some of it flew over my head.

I think the better ones from TGWTG managed to keep the passion because they managed to have a focus and remember that they are entertainers. The Nostalgia Critic has ended up with something a bit too wide for him in 'Movies' and Spoony never really had a focus.

Nash doesn't have a super focus either as a reviewer but he does a very good job of picking a theme for his next series of reviews (Dr Who/Fantasy Movies/Florida). Linkara sometimes can get a bit big headed (Like his eternal love of storylines) but he's managed to remember that he's an entertainer first and foremost.

But then, I know some people have some complaints at times about Linkara that may be valid (I don't recall them off the top of my head beyond 'He's very feminist' and that's a person-by-person thing on if it's an issue or not.)
>>
It's too bad you can't be banned for forcing a meme
>>
>>46766842
You do realize he probably has been banned for off-topic posting these half the time, right? He's using dynamic IPs.
>>
File: 1377158547796.gif (1 MB, 288x198) Image search: [Google]
1377158547796.gif
1 MB, 288x198
>>46767147
>banned for off topic posting
>on /tg/
>>
Spoony!
>>
>>46737264
No, not at first.

Eventually, though, I jacked off between each of the pages to glue the whole book shut (this took a while) because I share my PHB with a friend.

He pried it all apart eventually but it still smells to this day.
>>
>>46762143
>Throwing sand in my enemy's eyes give advantage to my entire party.

Anon, you don't have to like 5e, but you can't hate it for things you completely made up.
>>
Oddly enough, I like 4e and don't really like 5e but I don't think his particular complaints were valid.

My personal issues are that it feels like they learned nothing from 4e. More versatile ability scores for character attacks, static defenses rather than saves and healing surges were all great but didn't really make a transition to 5e.
>>
>>46769179
Of course they didn't, 5e was meant to appease all the buttmad grogs who collectively REEEEEEEEEEEed over the good stuff 4e brought to the table
>>
>>46769270
>4e
>Good stuff

Good one. For a second, I thought you were actually serious.
>>
>>46758504
>>46758562
>>46759314
I feel like he showed us some of his appreciation for his brother during the last couple of his Ultima videos.
Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.