[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are Paladins flat out immune to fear? Isn't it kinda
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1460826998627.gif (1 MB, 500x358) Image search: [Google]
1460826998627.gif
1 MB, 500x358
Why are Paladins flat out immune to fear? Isn't it kinda inhuman to not have such a key emotion?
Bravery is getting shit done despite being scared.
>>
>>46710376
I would say being immune to the fear condition is different from being immune emotion of fear
>>
What do they have to fear with their god at their back?
>>
>>46710376
Either because they're total fanatics or because they actually do feel fear, they're just taught or have the power not to let it hamper them
>>
>>46710394
This. They are all 100% capable of shaking it off even if they still feel afraid. It's their job. Imagine a fighter who forgot how to use their weapon randomly. Same deal. And I don't mean nat 1s; that's a random bad coincidence. And dumb; thank you 5e. Nat 1s were funny, but ultimately stupid. I reserved them for instances where a class was doing something they weren't "pro" at, like a wizard in melee. They could nat 1 staff or dagger attacks. But not actual melee classes. But i digress
>>
>>46710376
I would say it's an abstraction that represents being fearless, but also something to consider is this: >>46710394. It's mostly just being immune to magical fear effects.
>>
>>46710495
Natural 1s were only ever automatic misses. Retards insist on fumbles to meme it up.
>>
>>46710376

Paladins still experience the full emotional spectrum, they are simply immune to fear effects.

That is, attempts by outside sources to manipulate their fear response, such as with magic, fail automatically because of their aura, and the certainty of their purpose means they are not intimidated by someone trying to threaten or demoralize them.
>>
>>46710590
they werent even auto misses though back in tsr, in 1e even a 20 is not always an automatic hit sometimes
>>
>>46710705
In the Rules Cyclopedia Nat 1s and 20s are codified as misses and hits respectively.
>>
A person cannot be brave if they don't know fear.
>>
The ability is called "Aura of Courage" so obviously it is the sheer, immovable courage of the Paladin that overcomes fear. It's not just a switch that your god happens to turn off.
>>
>>46710409 Underrated post.
>>
>>46710402
It's in moments like this, that I remember Psalms 23:4
>Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I am the baddest motherfucker in the goddamn valley.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.