[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #789: Humanity's Greatest Weapon Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 29
File: JC.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
JC.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA

https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>46695071
>>
File: thisthead.png (197 KB, 425x251) Image search: [Google]
thisthead.png
197 KB, 425x251
>>46705831
>>
>>46705875
it's not like there isn't new stuff, to discuss,We have seen any killing floor builds yet.

Speaking of killing floor
Hey Dick and or Head,how many times can you take original design and are is the following list the kind of things I could expect to do with it? Can you gain limbs from it or are you stuck with the standard four? And if you take a projectile weapon does it take the standard amount of time to reload or is that done internally, because if it's the standard amount of time that might make the Combi-Weapon option a lot less appealing, or should I assume it works on the same mechanics as it does in the game?
Here's my ideas
1. pile bunker arm that is also a cannon
2. Tesla coil shoulders that continuously throw an aura of damaging lightning.
3. Extra-large mouth with drill teeth.
4. Feet lay explosive caltrops
5. Tongue is a long bladed tentacle
6. a eye is replaced with a gun
>>
What's that jump that lets you buy a weight set that goes up to the weight of a black hole?
>>
>>46705908
>What's that jump that lets you buy a weight set that goes up to the weight of a black hole?
I think it was killer instinct
>>
>>46705901
ASA posted one a while ago. It was just drowned out by some dumb arguments.
>>
>>46705875
You know you love it.
>>
>>46705927
That's it, thanks.
>>
File: egg_rolled_by_pjrockes-d6kckt4.gif (8 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
egg_rolled_by_pjrockes-d6kckt4.gif
8 MB, 320x240
>>46705981
You forgot your picture anon.
>>
How do the Necrons convert people into ore Necrons?
>>
>>46706309
They don't. Except Pariahs, but those are very specific people and they don't become normal Necrons.
>>
So if everyone hates the housing supplement, why is it still on the drive?
>>
>>46706482
because Capt. Brutus is above what everyone hates or loves.
>>
>>46706482
I'm not really sure how it ever got on the drive when it seems to, along with most of the unaccepted supplements, have always been hated and declared non canon to the chain.
>>
>>46706482
I honestly have no clue. For some the same reason the Hellblaizer jump is still there despite being universally reviled, I guess. I just don't know the answers sometimes.
>>
>>46706482
The maker spent their time practising dark sorceries instead of writing. Presumably a kind of dark sorcery that doesn't need things like accurate spell reading or precise symbols.
>>
A few threads ago, ASA was talking about how Bayo Witches/Sages ca n easily headbutting skyscrapers and the like, but the perk explicitly states you have 5 to 10 ton strength. Has Red stated that you grow way above that, or what?
>>
>>46706503
You being patronising and elitist isn't helping at all.

>>46706543
Bayonetta and Balder are centuries-old, you start off as a newbie witch/sage

>>46706541
Wrong post?
>>
>>46706549
>Wrong post?
No.
>>
>>46706543
Witches and Sages grow in power. You can see this in the 2nd game where Bayo goes back in time; most of the witches are just running around shooting magitech guns(?) and only Rosa and Bayo are suplexing giant angels into bigger angels because they've both had time to grow their power
>>
>>46706543
I don't think they ever really do that to skyscrapers. Parts of them maybe but I can't ever recall them doing so to a whole building at once. At least, not a whole building that's a skyscraper, pretty sure Bayo throws around a smaller building early in the first game.
>>
>>46706556
In that case, I legit have no idea what you're talking about.

>>46706567
Boss battle with Balder, first game, penultimate boss fight. Also, dropped satellite frisbee happens. And earlier, missile frisbee.
>>
>>46706531
>Hellblaizer
Speaking of, how many people would actually have a problem with someone making a new version?

I mean, I understand the rules and all, but I've never heard even a single person actually defend it when people shit on it, so would it be okay? Or are people going to scream about principles and the precedent it sets?
>>
>>46706587
Absolutely nobody, it's a rare exception to the rule. The only justification I've heard for it remaining is exactly that-as a placeholder awaiting a better version.
>>
>>46706549
Wait, Witch/Sage comes with a centuries-long lifespan? Huh, good to know.

So I'd I have eyes of the world and use Ritualistic Obsession, do the people I grant power to have similarly increased lifespans?
>>
>>46706587
Considering nobody actually jumps it, or talks about it? I doubt anyone would miss it.
>>
>>46706587
Might want to bring it up when thread is a bit busier, just in case.
>>
>>46706604
Yep. It's not clear exactly how long. It took 700 years for Balder to start showing any signs of aging-after having had Bayo with Rosa at some point before the Witch Hunts. And he still looks rather well-preserved in the modern era.

I think it's probable, there's some oblique references to the witches'/sages' internal magical energy suggesting being a magical practitioner in the Bayoverse makes you hella buff in general.
>>
Okay, wait, let me make sure I get this straight.

Is it actually okay to take a shot at redoing a Jump that is considered absolutely terrible? Like the DxD Jump for instance?
>>
>>46706619
I mean, I don't think I've actually read enough Hellblazer to do a good enough job for me to justify claiming it anyway. I was just curious.
>>
>>46706646
See, DxD is actually liked by some people and talked about. Hellblazer is not.

Trying to redo other jumps and than Hellblazer will only cause people to scream at you.
>>
>>46706646
>DxD jump
No. Because no matter your personal opinion, it is not universally reviled like Hellblazer.
>>
>>46706633
>witches'/sages' internal magical energy
I thought they drew their power from angels/demons they made pacts with?
>>
>>46706646
No, DxD is only slightly terrible and some people like it. Something has to be universally terrible and unliked to be given a free redo ticket.
>>
>>46706668
other jumps than*
>>
>>46706668
>>46706673
>>46706683
...well, that blows.

Don't get me wrong, the Jump's...okay, but it could be so much better. It's just way too one dimensional.

Anyways, never mind, that's all from me.
>>
>>46706702
Aw, crap. I was looking forward to tell you how and why you were wrong and should feel horrible about yourself.

I guess I should be grateful I don't know enough about DxD to tell what I'm missing out on. Just looks like another dumb shounen to me.

>>46706677
It's kinda a bit of both. There's not much info on sages, but witches at least train to max out their latent magical energy and then the demon pact boosts them even further.
>>
Does anyone have a screenshot or link to how to make the LoT a couple hundred kilometers long/ make it your alt form?
>>
>>46706727
I'm starting to get annoyed about people who moan about things that haven't happened yet.

>>46706736
>altform

I don't think that's a thing but hosting several populations inside your main body sounds pretty lewd.
>>
File: CetIVNd.png (35 KB, 315x320) Image search: [Google]
CetIVNd.png
35 KB, 315x320
>>46706752
>>
>>46706736
Well, making it your alt form is pretty easy. Get one of the jumps that make it tiny (FTL, Supernatural, whatever), then import it into Undertale as your Ghost Body.
>>
>>46706752
I thought I read that someone did it a while ago, that's why i asked though i may be mistaken.
>>
>>46706683
So, would anything Bancho has done be up for grabs?
>>
>>46706788
>make the LoT tiny

I think you just gave several Jumpers out there brain aneurysms.
>>
>>46706798
Unfortunately no. He's pretty easy to manipulate or bully into things so you could probably have him give up his jumps if you try for a few days/weeks. It's worked in the past.
>>
>>46706722
DxD, how to describe it.

So, to pick a relatively extreme example, Avatar the Last Airbender, and it's aborted fetus of a movie. It's kinda like that with the Anime and the Light Novel (especially considering what happened in the DxD Born, jesus fuck what a train wreck).

There's hectic political intrigue going on behind the scenes of almost each Light Novel between not only Heaven and Hell, but other Mythologies that were only just fully revealed in Vol. 20.

Shit's also gotten way too real, like apocalypse real. And from what I understand, the casualty list is like 20-25% of the named cast.

Plus, Hyoudou Issei? He's actually the best harem protagonist I have ever seen, hands down.

So yeah.
>>
>>46706798
They were for a day or so a while back, and then people said they'd take them up and suddenly it was oh no they're actually not up after all.

>>46706805
Well, it's more that it has a tiny alt form of it's own, one that still works at full power (and a bit more, in FTL's case). But yeah, it's kind of the opposite direction most people take it, which is probably why size was the only limit put on the ghost body when Undertale came out, rather than, say, ability to explode planets and move FTL.
>>
>>46706829
Oh, and Dragons are all bullshit. Complete and utter glorious bullshit.
>>
>>46706814
Oh no, I wasn't volunteering. God knows I'd be horrible at it.
>>
>>46706846
How so?
>>
>>46706798
You have to understand-the "absolutely terrible" qualifier isn't supposed to be a regular thing you can just label anything you don't like with. It's only permissible under VERY, VERY exceptional circumstances. Like almost the entire thread unanimously rejecting something. Like if someone blatently stuck their fetish into a jump, or made something literally unreadable or incomprehensible.

Or in the case of Hellblaizer, dumped it on the drive WITHOUT any input from anyone else AND put in a mandatory drawback nobody liked AND included some stupidly broken item purchases that aren't even from the main Hellblaizer continuity. You need that level of general badness before you can even start considering it, it's not just anything that pings your autism.

>>46706829
>the best

Every time I've heard that guy brought up in thread it's in the context of people who want to kill him or turn him into a girl or otherwise punish him.

Unlike say, Shirou. Nobody seems to have a hateboner for Shirou.
>>
>>46706856
Think there's only been two cases where a jump has been literally burned from the drive. The Conduit jump and the Magic the Gathering jump. Total thread consensus on them being so bad that absolutely no one could abide them existing in the JC community.
>>
>>46706856
Well, like that anon said, the anime kind of butchers things. It's a bit like how FoZ Louise varies so massively between the LN, the manga and then the anime.
I wouldn't call Issei the best harem protagonist I've ever seen, but he's certainly far above most.
>>
>>46706856
Having a hateboner for a sword does not end well at all.
>>
File: ABAFH.jpg (127 KB, 800x1150) Image search: [Google]
ABAFH.jpg
127 KB, 800x1150
>>46706866
Pretty much y-

>Magic the Gathering

Wow, I did not know that was ever a thing. Someone actually put that on the drive? Jesus.
>>
File: om nom nom.jpg (9 KB, 236x306) Image search: [Google]
om nom nom.jpg
9 KB, 236x306
>>46706856
>a hateboner for Shirou
He's the author's favorite, and I am not a fan of him, beyond how much a fan I am of the usual Nasuverse stupidity. Hateboner may be a little strong... but only a little, honestly.

It's like if Rowling made Harry Potter out to be as godly as he is in some fanfics, throwing around the magic of Atlantis or similar bullshit.
>>
>>46706883
For all of 5 minutes, yeah. Actually, even that might be generous for how long it lasted.

>>46706889
>comparing it to a godly harry potter
Pretty sure you've either never seen Shirou or mistaken him for another character.
>>
>>46706883
Yes, and it was every bit as terrible as you'd think. Worse than Conduit.
>>
>>46706866
>Conduit jump
Never knew that was a thing.

Out of morbid curiosity, does anyone hapent to have a copy?
>>
>>46706896
I'm more comparing him to just being that level of a sue. Though I've never seen a Harry who is the bone of his sward.

In either event, is it necessary hateboners to be logical?
>>
>>46706889
>Author's favourite
Isn't he the viewpoint character of the show? It's hard to not focus on him all the time when almost the entire story is from his perspective man.
>>
>>46706907
happen*
>>
>>46706856
Like or hate Shirou you can respect him, there's nothing respectable about Hyoudou Issei
>>
>>46706913
That doesn't mean I have to like him. And so, I don't.

>>46706926
This is not untrue.
>>
>>46706911
Calling Shirou a Sue is pretty much indicative of how almost anyone with a unique feature is called one by people not aware of what a Sue actually is. If you want a canon sue in the Fate series, Solomon is what you want to look at.
>>
>>46706940
I refuse to acknowledge your reasoning and stubbornly cling to my illogical hate.
>>
>>46706889
>>46706930
>>46706942
Right, but-you don't feel the need to seek out Shirou and brutally beat him up or whatever when you jump Fate yeah? Or romance Rin and Sakura to prevent him from influencing them.

That's the level of hate I've seen people express in Issei's general direction
>>
>>46706952
Just imagine if we had an Infinite Stratos jump. The sheer level of Ichika's denseness is just...it's inhuman. I'd say he's competing with anime Issei for title of worst harem protagonist but his awfulness is just based on being so, so, SO dumb.
>>
>>46706855
So, you know how in Mythology Dragons either tend to be dumb brutes or unstoppable forces of Nature or unholy things or infinitely wise divine beings?

Ishibumi (the author) was like, "Sure? Why not?"

And stuck all these archetypes together in every single dragon introduced so far (other than the pathetic dragon clones).

Each dragon is a prideful existence with their own goals and some of them you could actually speak with, but each and everyone one of them, no matter how quirky or serious or normal they seem have a Line. Cross it, and hope that they'll just kill you.

And this goes for the Bearers of Sacred Gears with Dragon Souls as well, since they basically start thinking like Dragons after a while.

Ah, a good example would be Saji. Sona (his Peerage King) has stated that anyone fighting Saji cannot let down their guard even for a moment, since his very presence when he goes full throttle creates a space of curses in the area. I'm talking petrification, poisoning, powers getting sealed/drained, death, disintegration, and so on.

And he is the weakest of the Dragons.

>>46706856
That's how it started for me too until I checked out the Light Novels. The anime has somewhat butchered his character and a lot of his thought processes have been lost.

However, I can tell you that the kid's fucking hilarious, especially when he's the sane one.

Also, there are some surprising hidden depths to him as well.
>>
>>46706952
>Or romance Rin
No NTR so it would have to be the right route, but if I was going to grab anyone from that setting...
>>
>>46706970
I think someone was making one.
>>
>>46706926
I disagree, and you'll need to read the Light Novels to see why.
>>
>>46706952
Well, yes, but Issei a shit. Shirou, I just have a hateboner for. Issei I'd as soon turn into a red smear if I didn't just avoid that part of the planet entirely. Maybe it's because I'm not a fan of harem anime, or people being rewarded for foul behavior.

>>46706994
>read the Light Novels
Who the hell is going to bother spending hours reading an overglorified electronic manga about something they don't enjoy?
>>
>>46706879
Maybe a seperate jump could be made for the LN if they're that different?
>>
>>46707022
Maybe, but I wouldn't want to be the one doing it. Sounds like shitstorm territory to me.
>>
>>46707022
Doesn't seem that different overall from the jump we already have. Most of what seems to be mentioned is backstory stuff or just expanding on what is already in the jump or takes place later in the series.
>>
>>46707013
I did because something in the Anime intrigued me, and I'm glad I did.

However, that's me and not you, so whatever I suppose.

>>46707022
>>46707051
Ditto, I really want to, but I don't want to cause problems for anyone.
>>
>>46707063
Well, make if sufficiently different, and only idiots will be bitching.
>>
Has anyone seen the Light of Terra jump? There was something I wanted to check out, but I can't find it on the Drive.
>>
>>46707092
Try looking at the top where the folders are.
or just ctrl+f
>>
>>46707092
...It's in the "Light of Terra" folder in "Complete but need image work".
>>
>>46707092
The directory you want is Jumpchain->2->2->Light of Terra.
>>
>>46707092
It is in a folder in the Complete but need image work folder.

That folder really should be renamed 'Complete with no images' since the idea that all jumps should be imaged didn't seem to take off.
>>
>>46707060
Have to agree, at least from what that anon has said so far. All that's seemingly missing from the current jump seems to just be mentions of political intrigue and some of the later powerful things or events (Hardly new considering almost all the manga jumps we have are the same, just look at Toriko, Fairy Tail, Fate or even Negima if you take UQ holder into account) as well as the drawbacks treating Issei as the anime version (Which can easily be justified as him being the LN version outside of the drawbacks that change him). So yeah, really not seeing the level of difference that would justify another jump.
>>
>>46707092
>>46707105
>>46707107
>>46707108
>>46707112
Well, now I feel stupid, sorry, went to the one stored on my Drive because I thought I would be smart, and let Google keep it all updated.

/cannotintointernet
>>
>>46707123
I think the level of difference you'd need for two different formats of the same series to be separate jumps would have to be something like say, the Marvel comics vs the MCU. Or maybe something like the Wanted movie vs the Wanted comics is a better example. Still have no idea how they came up with the movie with how different it is.
>>
In Bayonetta, what magical abilities does a Sage need a their Medium for? They'd still have their strength and speed without it, wouldn't they?
>>
Speaking of variations of already existing jumps, is the Protoss route ever going to come out?
>>
>>46706984
I'm pretty sure they were, but I haven't heard anything in months. Unfortunately, it's probably been abandoned.
>>
>>46707193
Just give up, anon. It's our fault we don't have it yet.

Someday we're going to lose everyone and then we'll be all alone again, floating in the void of this board or huddling in an empty husk of a thread. That's how it always happens, these CYOA's. They bloom briefly, burn brightly, and end ignominously, and in the end we always crash and burn.

There's no point trying to fight the cycle. It's just how things are.
>>
Undertale Jumpchain CYOA v 1.0
Anime is Real (+0)
The Taste is Indescribable +100
rolling for location Roll(1d4)+0:1,+0Total:1 1. Ruins couldn't hurt to chill with goatmom for a bit.
Scientist Free whenever possible look to science
Ghost:Imported body: my rollerhogg "the thunder" -300 how to be the best biker? be the
Best bike!
Summon Annoying Dog (Free. Oh this is going to be fun.
Perseverance Free Scientist not making the same mistake twice is going to be very handy
DETERMINATION -100
MERCY -400 I don't want to hurt people, it just always winds up that way.
Here We Are -300 discount scientist
bullet patterns: slashing chainsaws free
#the plan (Here We Are + the divine machines+ chosen of death) + library of Alexandria+ University of Toronto+( mother box's compound computation+ TJ's reverse engineering+RJ's position as demigod of kludges)+ cortex command science+ Star Trek science+(amazo backup data +Narnian time)= devices that sift through the spiritual essence of Amalgamates and return them to normality and health. Rolling Roll(1d100)+0:12,+0 Total:12 a very good success! I have mended the harm Dr. Alphys has done with out of context science and superpowers, now the original subject of this experiment had "fallen down" which is a comatose state monsters go into when they're about to die so I threw in Narnian time to get them back on her feet. Frisk winds up not having to fight goat mom since I offer escort them safely. Healing them so that they won't die. Showing them the way of MERCY &DETERMINATION.
>>
>>46706482
Wait, what's wrong with the housing supplement?
>>
>>46707375
It's a broken piece of shit made because someone wasn't happy with just the warehouse and it also apparently lets you companion anyone you want for free.
>>
>>46706752
>I don't think that's a thing but hosting several populations inside your main body sounds pretty lewd.

What does that say about me when my main body is a 1 AU radius Dyson Sphere with LOTS of people in it ?
>>
>>46707398
>broken

how

Besides, it fills a different role than the warehouse. I don't see why the 2 can't coexist.

>it also apparently lets you companion anyone you want for free.

Huh, I didn't see that while I was reading it.
>>
>>46707182
Summoning, basically. That's about it.

>>46707375
It was made specifically to bypass one of the defining choices of jumpchain-

>>46707410
-ah, now you get it.

>>46707408
You're a dirty whore. Literally dirty, presumably you have bathrooms and garbage bins and compost machines inside of you, you fat filth recepticle.
>>
>>46707419
>-ah, now you get it.
No, no I really don't.

I don't see why we can't have both a place for our companions to live and a place to store our stuff. How do they conflict?

And again, I saw no language in there that said you could companion anyone you wanted.
>>
>>46707429
Look man, if you want to use it, go for it. Just don't mention it here and we'll all get along just fine. Is that fine?
>>
>>46707311
>Jumpchain CYOA Thread #789
>we're going to lose everyone

Your argument is as likely as me being an orchestral conductor.
>>
>>46707408
>What does that say about me when my main body is a 1 AU radius Dyson Sphere with LOTS of people in it ?

How do you interact with settings?! What happens to those people after you move on, are they just stuck floating in space?!
>>
>>46707375
There's two of them and they're both terrible. In different ways, though.
>>
>>46707439
No ,I'm trying to figure out why this shit is so universally hated.

I'm not even a real fan of it, I just don't understand. It doesn't seem particularly broken, It fills a niche that deserves to be filled (I mean, companions go in a mystery dimension when not in use? Really?) and it just doesn't make sense why it should be so reviled.
>>
>>46707455
I know that the evolving housing one is shit, but I can't figure out why the other one supposedly is.
>>
>>46707471
>>46707429
>>46707483
Read the 10th asterisk down on the first page of the housing supplement

>If you want some character from a setting and you cannot purchase it using CP you can try to convince them to joing your adventure, turning them into companions

Ignoring the fact that consent isn't a prerequisite and there's a lot of ways to convince someone unwillingly, it's effectively a license for unlimited free companions in any jump without a companion option.
>>
>>46707454
The story behind that is i stole one of the numerous Dyson Sphere in Halo, particularly the one in Onyx's center, the one that is compressed into slipspace to around 23 cm, stored it in a Terraria / Minecraft world, used the Annex Program from Code Lyoko to upload myself into its computing system.

As to how i interact with settings, i kinda pull an ASA and made myself a alternate body and connect to it using multiple dimensional fuckery perks/tech/whatever.

I kinda took the Archailects from Orion's Arm as an inspiration, but i mainly stay in a simple human (or equivalent) body and just use the Dyson Sphere as a computing aid/escape pod for when i need to evacuate a lot of people.
>>
>>46707507
that's fair, but isn't the correct option to ignore that one asterisk and accept the rest of the supplement?
>>
>>46707523
No, because it's still just a replacement for the warehouse in many ways.
>>
>>46707530
In what ways? The warehouse is for storing stuff, and the Housing is for companions to live in. That seems like 2 separate niches to me.
>>
>>46707523
No, because that's implicitly setting a precedent for other supplements with similar options. You're just fanwanking something for your personal preference. Anyone can say "I reject the normal 1000 CP you start off with, and start off with 10,000 CP" but that doesn't make a jump that lets you start with 10,000 CP acceptable. And as >>46707530 said it also gives you more space than the Warehouse allows for.
>>
>>46707548
...please make an effort to think outside the box

I have a companion named Waifu. I have a lot of magical artifacts that don't fit in my Warehouse because it is crammed with things I have stolen. I give my artifacts to Waifu, and she takes them back with her to the housing supplement. Whenever I need those artifacts I ask Waifu to get them for me from her crib, and she does so because Waifu is a waifu and loves me.

Makes sense?
>>
>>46707548
The warehouse is not just for storing stuff. You must be awfully new to this place if you've never heard of the many other uses, including as a living space. The companion housing can also be used for extra storage space if needed.

The biggest problem people have, is that it is all for free. There are options in jumps such as Webmage for spaces where your companions can be in, but you need to expend CP for it. The housing supplement gives you it for free outside of any jump, something above and beyond the normal stuff the average anon has just from using the official stuff. It is effectively like using a fanmade mod to give yourself extra stuff in a game. People don't look kindly on it.
>>
>>46707429
>I don't see why we can't have both a place for our companions to live and a place to store our stuff. How do they conflict?
For one thing, it gives you an extra budget to buy most of the warehouse choices, for another it gives you a lot of extra space. It also gives a number of power boosts and free stuff for no risk or effort, some of them fairly significant (fucking with time, teleportation, etc). Essentially, it takes a bunch of stuff that you can buy in jumps as a meaningful choice that competes with other choices and takes time and some risk, and hands it out to you for free instead. Look at the library in Indiana Jones, the Aztec Gold theme in Road to El Dorado, the gardens and other spaces in RtED or GoW or so on. That's how warehouse customisation *works*, not just throwing a bunch of extra free supplements to get choices you couldn't afford in the first one and things that could be in actual jumps.
>>
>>46707549
Nnnngh. It's pretty different, because in the housing case you're locking off some of your options, similar to not using CP, and in the case you described, you're taking additional options which didn't exist before.

>>46707558
I find it difficult to believe that you could fill every single niche and cranny of a 40k/80k sq ft warehouse with items that would fit within a house.

>>46707571
>You must be awfully new to this place if you've never heard of the many other uses, including as a living space.

How can it be used as a living space if time stops and it's closed off to others while you're not in it?
>>
>>46707587
>How can it be used as a living space if time stops and it's closed off to others while you're not in it?
Simple. Because you can keep the door open.
>>
>>46707511
this is a pretty good plan, I'm already a computer program thanks to project freelancer, and I do have a universal laptop to run on plus that perk from project freelancer that lets you run on most anything, perhaps I could use my ACU LoT to print another smaller LoT to use my body?
>>
I use the housing supplement.

What? I'm talking about the 9-5 jump. I paid for that awesome luxurious apartment with CP and suffering.
>>
>>46707587
>I find it difficult to believe that you could fill every single niche and cranny of a 40k/80k sq ft warehouse with items that would fit within a house.

I guess you are new here. It's a big multiverse. Don't underestimate the value of shelving space.

Also damn, I didn't even think of >>46707586. That is a very good point.

Also you're just straight up not paying attention to the "YOU CAN MAKE POTENTIALLY ANYONE NOT PRICED WITH CP YOUR COMPANION" part which is the serious issue here.

>>46707511
How do people follow you around settings? Presumably there's more than 8-23, so they can't all be companions/podded. Shouldn't they be lost each time you jump, or did you wank away that part?
>>
>>46707617
Joke's on you, I just bought the comfiest couch in the multiverse and gave it anti-gravity capabilities.
>>
>>46707571
>if you've never heard of the many other uses, including as a living space.
Personally I use it as a mining tool. Get a Diglet and an Alakazam, give the Alakazam the key, get it to scan the planet for useful shit then tell the Diglet to dig down to it, make a cavern below it, have the Alakazam teleport in with a large folding door, set it up below the ore or whatever, open the door portal, detach the ore from the rest of the rock and let it fall in. Hey presto, shinies. Used that to solve the Windstone Crisis in ZNT and get a shitload of valuable magical flying crystal batteries, too. Though the cavern had to be above the rocks for that one.
>>
>>46707595
Right, so we're just supposed to leave the door open for whenever our companions want to use it. And let's not forget, they can't be in there while we're not, so we also have to be in there for as long as they live.

Plus, supposedly they get "basically stored in a dimension where time is stopped." Not the best housing desu.

>>46707571
>is that it is all for free.

>>46707586
>Essentially, it takes a bunch of stuff that you can buy in jumps as a meaningful choice that competes with other choices and takes time and some risk, and hands it out to you for free instead.

Maybe you're right and some of those bonuses are overpowered, but there is still a role for a place for your companions to live while you're on your jumps. Plus, most of the CP is spent on them and their facilities.

Maybe it needs to be redone, with less teleportation and such, and more restrictions, but there is a role for companion housing overall.

>>46707624
>Also you're just straight up not paying attention to the "YOU CAN MAKE POTENTIALLY ANYONE NOT PRICED WITH CP YOUR COMPANION" part which is the serious issue here.

Yeah, I addressed that- sure, it could be abused, and if it were to be revised (And I'm thinking it should) it should be slashed, but good players would hopefully ignore it.
>>
>>46707597
Yeah, the Dyson Sphere is just one of many different computing substrate i possess, others include a Code Lyoko supercalculator, the Subspace Computer from Tenchi Muyo, a trio of MAGI from NGE, etc.

I'm currently working on creating a pocket dimension, filling it with self-replicating computers powered by various infinite energy stuff and just let it perpetually expand my mental capacities.
>>
>>46707646
Damn anon, that's pretty fucking creative. Many Kudos.
>>
>>46707624
>I guess you are new here. It's a big multiverse. Don't underestimate the value of shelving space.

My point is that the Warehouse already has so much shelving space that the benefits of the house are marginal at best.
>>
>>46707654
I imported my mother box into worm and now they have compound computation so I'm good on computing power
>>
>>46707633
>spending 800 points on a couch

What could you ever possibly need that much comfy for?
>>
>>46707650
Considering all your arguments at this point are "It should be redone and all fixed" it's safe to say you've lost this argument. The majority of the thread so far very obviously disagrees that there is a need for this so please drop it and use one of the many existing ways we have in various jumps.
>>
>>46707650
>so we're just supposed to leave the door open for whenever our companions want to use it

...yes? Was that supposed to be a counterargument? It's really not.

>good players

See, this is the problem here. Supplements, jumps, whatever-strictly speaking "the rules" only cover the letter of the law and people delight in exploiting loopholes; s' human nature. "Good players would hopefully ignore it" is not a valid solution because beyond the scope of the jump's wording.

>there is still a role

There is, indeed. Someone just listed some actually GOOD examples. Golden Sky Stories has another.

>>46707654
Asked earlier, but how do you transport all those people on you without losing them each jump for being not companions/podded?

>>46707681
Hey man, don't knock my super-couch. You chill up in the stratosphere watching the sun set while sitting in the comfiest couch in the multiverse, THEN you can judge me.
>>
>>46707681
>Not spending 800 on a couch
There are a few things anon. Like perhaps wanting a comfy couch.
>>
>>46707624
Yeah, normally you'd be right, but I houseruled that if i create / take anyone from a jump and make them live in a other dimension (like the Dyson Sphere or a Terraria/Minecraft world, they can live it it but they can't get out other than the same way companions do (aka either they stay in the dimension forever or they go back home), and its one of the many reasons whenever i land somewhere, i will try to completely copy that world's culture into memory or something so that they can still have a big piece of their life with them.
>>
>>46707718
Ew.
>>
>>46707682
>it's safe to say you've lost this argument.

I'm not sure you could sound more condescending if you tried.

>use one of the many existing ways we have in various jumps.

Really? What other jumps have a place for companions to live (that carries over between jumps).

>>46707703
>...yes? Was that supposed to be a counterargument? It's really not.

It's a counterargument to the idea that it's good housing, i.e. a place for them to live independently.

>>46707703
>See, this is the problem here. Supplements, jumps, whatever-strictly speaking "the rules" only cover the letter of the law and people delight in exploiting loopholes; s' human nature. "Good players would hopefully ignore it" is not a valid solution because beyond the scope of the jump's wording.

Yeah, but that applies to every jump with something to be exploited, which there are many of.

>There is, indeed. Someone just listed some actually GOOD examples. Golden Sky Stories has another.

I didn't see that post, which one was it?
>>
>>46707650
Then if you need them to get their own housing seperate from the warehouse so badly, go to one of the dozens of jumps that offer that. Sword of Mana, Van Helsing, 9 to 5, that jump of Bancho's that got remade I always mix up with a similar one (Animal Crossing? Harvest Moon? One of those, I think), Underworld I think?, Neverwinter Nights, Mushoku Tensei, Light of Terra... There are plenty more.
>>
>>46707735
The difference is that those likely don't carry over between jumps, and don't have room for non-active companions (the ones not deployed in a jump).
>>
>>46707718
>houserule

Aight. I don't approve personally, but you just had to say that and it would've sufficed as an answer.

>>46707730
>to the idea that it's good housing.

I thought the argument was what's wrong with the supplement. Stop moving those goalposts, anon.

>that applies to every jump with something to be exploited

This example is particularly blatent considering it's literally "anyone you want can be a companion without paying CP"
>>
>>46707750
>Stop moving those goalposts, anon.

It's more communication failure than moving goalposts. Stop presuming malice, anon.

>This example is particularly blatent considering it's literally "anyone you want can be a companion without paying CP"

Yeah, you're right, that needs to be gotten rid of, and more restrictions need to be placed. In fact, the supplement needs a complete overhaul. But there still is a role for companion housing that transfers between universes.
>>
>>46707743
Webmage. Take some time to actually read and look into posts that give suggestions like >>46707571 you gigantic retard. It has an option that outright says your companions can enjoy it while you are not in there.

>>46707770
>Still a role
In no one's mind but yours anon. Perhaps the fact that every single person so far has disagreed should beat a sign into that thick head of yours?
>>
>>46707743
No, those are all specifically ones that do (actually, except for Van Helsing. That just gives you a new copy of it each jump, like Tropico). Also see Ar Tonelico and Anno 2070, which really should have been on the first list because they are extremely well known examples, being so excellent in many, many ways.

As for non-active companions, there are again several that do that. My personal favourite is the Light of Terra imported in to Uncharted Waters.

>>46707656
Thanks, anon, I was running it right after Pokemon, realised I had no idea how to solve the Windstone Crisis, and had to think about it for a while before I got the plan, but once I did, it's so applicable elsewhere, it's great! Diglet is also great for fucking up castles and shit in medieval settings (lol Game of Thrones, Aegon a chump, 6 Pokemon stomp), and Alakazam has so many obvious uses it's hard to pick one to focus on.
>>
>>46707785
>In no one's mind but yours anon. Perhaps the fact that every single person so far has disagreed should beat a sign into that thick head of yours?

Jesus. If you're going to be rude, at least improve the quality of your insults.
>>
>>46707750
Yeah, it kinda stemmed from a moment in my chain where i was experimenting with AIs and i kinda lost track of it inside the computer i used and when i found it, it already had self-replicated about 20 generations (around 1 million of them), and i didn't want to just erase them, so i transfered them into my Dyson Self, got them a little corner of computing power to live in nicely and let them do whatever they wanted (within limits of course). I then expanded the situation where i needed to evacuate a big chunk of people, uploaded them with the Code Lyoko Scanner, but when the crisis was gone, a few of them didn't really want to leave, so i let kinda them stay and made an 'arrangement' with Jumpchan for it, hence the houserule.
>>
>>46707770
>But there still is a role for companion housing that transfers between universes.
You know what, you're right, there is. However, as your initial question was "Wait, what's wrong with the housing supplement?" not "Wait, what's wrong with the idea of having portable housing?" I think we can safely say your question has been answered.
And since a number of excellent (and a few not-excellent) jumps that give said portable housing have been mentioned, I think we can safely write that one off too.
>>
>>46706646
In my defence they said I was mad for even trying to make a jump out of the IP
>>
>>46707837
See >>46707060 and >>46707123
The complaining anons don't really have any major points, your jump is just fine as is. Don't worry, it's all good Strike.
>>
>>46707825
>"Wait, what's wrong with the idea of having portable housing?" I think we can safely say your question has been answered.

Fair enough.

>And since a number of excellent (and a few not-excellent) jumps that give said portable housing have been mentioned, I think we can safely write that one off too.

True, perhaps. The housing supplement gives a degree of customization that most of the others don't, and it specifically houses companions that haven't been imported. Oh well, the first one can be ignored, and the second can be a houserule, it's minor enough.
>>
>>46707770
>needs a complete overhaul

You...you do realise the person who made it has moved on long ago, correct? Every sensible person here has realised that. We know it's never going to be fixed, that's why we're asking to have it taken down.
>>
>>46707867
And why does it have to be the original author fixing it?
>>
File: Multi Track Drifiting.jpg (187 KB, 808x1141) Image search: [Google]
Multi Track Drifiting.jpg
187 KB, 808x1141
>>46707848
It's fine, I'm just having a kek.
Even I'll admit that it's slightly terrible, though I'd argue it's still fun if you can get past the fact that the backgrounds make it barely readable..

I mean man, what the fuck was I thinking with those backgrounds.
>>
>>46706646
You make a jump based off of the light novel although youd be cutting close as there is only minimal differences.
>>
>>46707848
Actually it's a fucking terrible jump with a gods-awful background roll that's then followed up with an even worse perk array focused basically entirely around a system that only the devils even use.
>>
>>46707880
Uh...oh dear. You really are new. Okay, you really need to know this so pay attention: It's bad form for anyone other than the original person who wrote a thing to make edits, sets a bad precedence for people to deface jumps they don't like. REMEMBER THIS.
>>
>>46707885
Like stated before, it has to be pretty major differences to be justified and there don't seem to be any.

>>46707887
Really? It's worse then any of Mibs or Teras' jumps? Because those aren't bad enough to be replaced and this sure as hell doesn't seem as bad as the worst of their stuff. Get over your boner for the series and realise just because you like it, it doesn't give it special consideration.
>>
>>46707894
When the original author has long since moved on, is it not then acceptable?
>>
>>46707855
Get the boats from... Shit I always forget which jump it is. There's a jump with boats that can be crewed by your inactive companions. Anyone remember what it was? If you make the inside fancy enough (space enlargement, magical gardens, fully furnished living quarters etc.) it'd be great for them.
>>
>>46707837
If you're still in these threads, you really should consider updating it.
>>
>>46707907
Judging by the boats, I'd guess anno 2070. But as the guy who you replied to, I still can't find it.
>>
>>46707906
No.
>>
>>46707906
No. Nothing you ever say will change this so don't bother trying. Serious, there have been many, many discussions and arguments and what is clear is that that will never, ever change.
>>
>>46707906
Not to EDIT a FINISHED work, no. Only exception I can think of was one WIP that was uploaded to the Complete Without Images folder a while ago.

Bah gawd, it's painful watching you blunder innocently into the minefield that is jumpchain history.
>>
>>46707922
Bah it had pirates and exploring and Uncharted Waters! That was the one! Go have a look at that.
>>
>>46707937
Nah*
Stupid autocorrect.
>>
>>46707905
>Because those aren't bad enough to be replaced
I didn't say it's bad enough to be replaced, I said it's a bad jump not "complaining anons don't really have any major points, [it's] just fine as-is."
>>
>>46707907
>There's a jump with boats that can be crewed by your inactive companions. Anyone remember what it was? If you make the inside fancy enough (space enlargement, magical gardens, fully furnished living quarters etc.) it'd be great for them.
See:
>>46707798
>As for non-active companions, there are again several that do that. My personal favourite is the Light of Terra imported in to Uncharted Waters.
>>
>>46707650
>Plus, supposedly they get "basically stored in a dimension where time is stopped." Not the best housing desu.

I don't know. Seems like it could be preferable to "In a house where they could potentially spend years or decades until you feel like making use of them.

Especially with the 1 housing supplement where you get 30cp to spend on it every 15 jumps, which you can choose to spend on games/books/movies for 5cp per 10. Make them last guys, next purchase is in 150 years. To say nothing of also needing to apparently purchase food supplies.

Then there's the fact that the same supplement gives discounts for having taking certain abilities from the entirely unreleated sims 3 jumpchain.

Then you got shit like the space docks which can store 5 ships max (if you choose to upgrade nothing else), and adds a caveat that you can no longer use them in universes without FTL. Or the bay, which establishes itself as being for storing land vehicles, then immediately goes beyond that scope and throws on the ability to store creatures, people, offer restaurants, and reconstitute matter into other parts/materials.
>>
File: Mirai.jpg (194 KB, 1000x760) Image search: [Google]
Mirai.jpg
194 KB, 1000x760
>>46707913
>>46707887

You know, I might update it, but shit's to hectic right this second. I've got uni, work and other shit. But I'll look into it.

Backgrounds have to go, though I don't want to remove them completely because some people were attached to those perks. Perks could do with some modifications.

If you've got any ideas shove em in a paste bin and tweet them at me on @KN_Eureka
>>
>>46707961
Yeah, I remembered eventually.

Also, can it turn back into the LoT or is it a boat forever?
>>
>>46707979
Please don't remove the backgrounds fully. I found a lot of them very nice in giving a lot more history then most backgrounds do in jumps. Maybe just have some of them, particularly the townie or outsider ones, as little flavour options for your origin?
>>
File: 1442092253100.gif (617 KB, 245x251) Image search: [Google]
1442092253100.gif
617 KB, 245x251
>>46706677
>>46706633
>>46706567
>>46706562
>>46706549
>>46706543
...ho boy I really hope this doesn't cause problems.

You pretty much start off as newbie witches/sages. The key part of that phrase being 'starts off as'. I also put in the perks that if you exert yourself you can REALLY do some damage on people. BUT. Magical Works also has the phrase 'but in time your powers will grow'. Plus as anons put it, those guys were hundreds of years old and were just wrecking all kinds of shit. Yes, Bayo and Baldr had one half of the Eyes of the World so they're kind of bullshit, but does that explain Jeanne? Not really. She's been active the whole time and she can keep UP with the magical freak of destiny.

It's not a "you can break planets just by giving it time" situation, but it's not as if I said "You can ONLY exert this force" or something like that. Go on, train. Practice your magics and work to get swole.

>>46706604
I don't see why not.

>>46707586
>tfw your jumps are used as an example of doing something right
Wait, so I'm NOT a piece of shit? This pleases me.

>>46707880
>>46707906
Take it from me. Trying to do things without permission will only end in tears. Do not do it.
>>
>>46707989
I am sure it can but that might be more fanwank territory.
Simple reminder that some people turned their LoT into a Kancolle ship.
>>
>>46707989
...You know, I'm not actually sure. It still retains all of its capabilities, though, so it probably doesn't matter too much?
>>
Is there a way to replicate or learn a magic system a companion knows but I don't? I know there are ways to copy individual spells but that would take ages to do.

And Dark Binding or anything similar doesn't count.
>>
>>46708020
>>46708024
I wonder what happens to all the space in it.... And people. It'd suck to do that and discover you can't reload because the hundreds/thousands of people needed to do so either don't exist or can't get to the cannons.
>>
>>46708012
Dude, that was what I was saying all along basically. There is no reason why that would logically cause problems

Also I'm not going to tell you to never listen to criticism ever, but you really should know by now in general when someone's complaints are founded solely on powerlevel reasons or boil down to "it's shit because I say so" without any deeper justification they're shitposting and can be tuned out.
>>
Which jump is the Light of Terra under?
>>
>>46708001
This is what I mean by "a lot of people were attached to those perks."

Don't worry, when I get around to it I'll make sure I get as much feed back as possible, and I'll try to be less of a dick than I normally am.

It's my Australian running through my veins that forces me to shitpost.
>>
>>46708059
Light of Terra.
>>
>>46708059
You serious?
>>
>>46708070
>>46708073

Right, I couldn't see it in the google drive because I don't typically look at the folders at the tops.
>>
>>46708059
Did you miss someone in this very thread asking where it is? It's Light if Terra, unimaged. Has its own folder.
>>
>>46708054
Maybe it does a tardis thing like it's bigger on the inside thing?
>>
>>46708027
Crimson saint and lip service with a shared techbase? I don't know. I like my companions having areas they outstrip me so they don't feel redundant in the face of any self replication ability, because being sidelined for centuries would suck hard.
>>
>>46708078
.... Of.

Right, I need to turn off autocorrect. Why would of be changed into if?
>>
You know, I seriously have to wonder how much criminals in say, Pokemon, would be willing to tangle with you if you showed a willingness to hit /them/ back instead of letting their Pokemon take all the lumps?

>"If you're going to use your Pokemon as a meat-shield so you can attack the innocent unharmed? That Pokemon deserves better than you."

I mean, it seems edgy, but a lot of Poke'verse criminals /know/ the authorities won't really take the necessary steps to stop them or make it not worth their while. They're frankly a lot easier to deter, thanks to that.
>>
>>46708083
>Climb through trapdoor on top of wooden ship to reach cargo hold.
>Discover city sized metal chambers and thousands upon thousands of crew.
>>
>>46708097

I bought combat training and a collapsible baton for my pokemon jump. Whenever I fought a criminal, as soon as they were distracted by the battle, I kicked their ass.
>>
>>46708097
I think in the manga people get beaten up. Also, guns exist and are used by criminals even in the anime.
>>
>>46708118
>not buying a 9 mm and just killing them
>>
>>46708124
And yet, not by Officer Jenny.

Gotta wonder about that.
>>
>>46708124
>Also, guns exist and are used by criminals even in the anime.
You mean the finger pointing right?
>>
>>46708118
>Whenever I fought a criminal, as soon as they were distracted by the battle, I kicked their ass.
>guns exist and are used by criminals even in the anime.
Well, it was nice knowing you, anon. Guess it's time for your new chain?
>>
>>46708113
>Fire front mounted cannon
>Shell as big as the ship materializes, disintegrates the enemy ship, the island behind them, and creates a tidal wave moving outwards for miles and miles in all directions.
>>
>>46708171
>The fishing boat Light of Terra sits Inertialess in mid-air
>That was a warning shot meant to miss by a mile.
>Oops.
>>
Random "take a drink" question time. Can Stars and Stones break Contessa's restrictions on PtV against Scion?
>>
>>46708218
>now you're able to let those around you slip the bonds of otherwise-inviolate supernatural laws

The Entities aren't supernatural.

>you can't remove a vulnerability

And there's strike 2. I'll take "No" for $500, Alex.
>>
>>46708232
Could probably deal with 1 by way of Real Eater. I guess 2 would still be an issue, though. Is that really a weakness, though? I thought weaknesses were more like the Loup Garou's weakness to ancestral silver.
>>
>>46708012
What if you're, say, Scholar and a take the Agility/Strength/Magic perks? Can those grow?
>>
Question about the Claymore jump, cosmetic and lore wise I mean: one of the drawbacks puts you at the beginning of when things went wrong on the continent, when the male warriors first became Awakened. The jump says it begins immediately after this, but if you choose to be a male, does that make you the only member of the first generation that didn't go rogue, or simply the last male warrior to be post that incident?
>>
File: 1367043625130.png (92 KB, 265x274) Image search: [Google]
1367043625130.png
92 KB, 265x274
>>46708293
It wouldn't be fair if it didn't?
>>
>>46708257
I just roll my eyes when Real Eater's brought in as a fix in a response, you might as well ask that at the start if you're thinking of using it.

It seems to be a pretty danged big weakness, yes. Scion is the kryptonite. Actually it's not even Scion; technically the limit was built in when Contessa first met Eden's fleshy half-formed human avatar and Eden nerfed her on sight.

Yes, somehow cutting that avatar's throat killed the entire Worm despite the fact even with diminished size and accounting for the fact it was heavily injured from having collided with Earth(s) the disparity in body mass is absurd. No, don't ask me how that makes sense.
>>
How do you power the Manhunters or Alpha Lanterns made with the blueprints from GLTAS?

It's not like you can get your hands on any extra Lanterns post jump, and even if you reverse engineer it it there won't be a central power battery for your new Lanterns to connect to.

Even if you reverse engineer the central battery unless you have an Entity handy it won't have power to give out anyway.
>>
Do you guys think that The stunt double from the '80s action movies jump would be open to be hypnotized to live as your double for 10 years, sort of in a Venom snake way?
>>
Was someone making a League of Legends jump? I was just reading about Auelion Sol, and-dang, he really acts like I imagine how some Jumpers would if entered into the League.

>>46708454
Would be a hard sell, but I think you could pitch it as the pinnacle of his career. That does kinda sound like an '80s action movie plot, after all.
>>
>>46708447
if you get one of the ships from GLTAS and import it into supreme commander as an ACU you receive all the technical data to make another one, since both ships have batteries on them it seems like you would be able to make more batteries
>>
In fate/extra can masters fight too?
>>
>>46708441
>I just roll my eyes when Real Eater's brought in as a fix in a response, you might as well ask that at the start if you're thinking of using it.
Why? It's a valid option, isn't it?
>>
>>46708511
Yes.
>>
>>46708508
And the batteries are powered... How, exactly? The one you get is powered by fiat, I don't think Supreme Commander can replicate that.
>>
>>46708511
Yes? Why couldn't they?

>>46708518
It is, but the answer is invariably "yes" unless someone outright breaks the jump version's specified limitations. So it seems to me someone sensible would come to that conclusion on their own, or at least acknowledge Real Eater in the question instead of waiting for someone to assume you don't have it.

To be fair, it seems like nobody cares about anything from Medaka Box except Real Eater.
>>
Is there any way I can get things that are connected to me to scale with my durability? Steven Universe Gems and JoJo punch ghosts start out much tougher than a human, but they quickly fall behind when you're stacking enough durability to survive punches from pissed off Superman.
>>
>>46708554
>Why couldn't they?

Can you fight in a Magic the Gathering game if it's not going your way? Just suddenly deck your opponent if the game isn't going your way? What about in chess? Go?
>>
>>46708584
Except those are all board or card games not a fighting tournament.
>>
>>46708554
That's true, but there are a lot of jumps like that. And, sadly, they're just going to stay that way because changing them is, once again, not worth it.

Also to be fair, being a Minus fucking sucks.
>>
>>46708594
Okay, what about Street Fighter or Tekken?
>>
>>46708560
The gems would benefit from your durability perks, unless you rule your nails and hair and such things aren't protected.

The stand... I'm sure there is something to help with that, a perk that helps summons that happens to also help projections, but can't remember what it comes from.
>>
>>46708584
Yes.
>>
>>46708447
I assume they come with some way to power them, not much use if you can't right?

Shard comes with a full on corp battery at any rate.
>>
>>46708609
Look, anon. In the Fate/Extra game, the Masters can attack. They just don't do much damage and instead focus on status effects and such
>>
>>46708546
well the creator of the Green Lantern jump did say that they weren't batteries so much as generators. And Roboanon says that if you import something you can make more of them. I think it's a combination of both?
>>
>>46708609
It's a duel to the death with the only honor (in later wars at least) in winning. Don't know about the earlier ones but I think they might have been fought by just the servants... Don't know why I think that though.
>>
>>46708609
Those aren't fighting tournaments in real life like Fate Extra is. Those are videogames.
>>
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/46428469/#46441130

Trip filter tutorial in case anyone needs it.

>>46708597
I'm sure there are but Real Eater is particularly egregrious because it's the only jump I can think of where there is LITERALLY only that one perk that's relevant, and every other aspect of the jump is more or less treated as nonexistent

I don't know how much being a Minus sucks. Ignoring Jumpers to whom the mindset isn't that big a deal in the first place, from what I've seen of the manga they seem like hyperactive drama queens anyway rather than people with legitimate psychological issues, otherwise they WOULDN'T BE ALLOWED TO GO TO SCHOOL for one.
>>
What's a bigger boost to Mana, Fate/ Magic Core or Mushoku Tensei Demon Seed?
>>
>>46708653
>Wouldn't be allowed to go to school
You haven't read the manga then. Craziness really isn't a factor and in many ways is something they actively desire.
>>
>>46708645
>Those aren't fighting tournaments in real life like Fate Extra is. Those are videogames.
Fate/Extra is an in-universe video game. SERIOUSLY. Even Street Fighter and Tekken are placed in the "real world" of their settings.
>>
>>46708645
Can a coach jump into his boxers fight?
>>
>>46708554
>To be fair, it seems like nobody cares about anything from Medaka Box except Real Eater.
Real Eater sucks! Real Jumpers use Technique Mimicry and Maestro! Git good alongside your companions!
>>
>>46708584
>he doesn't suplex his opponents in chess

Pleb.

>>46708609
>>46708645
>>46708673
Anon, it's a fookin' life or death battle. Use your common sense. You can kill the bastards any way you like.

Who the FUCK do you think is going to force you to fight fair?

>>46708661
In that case the world is retarded becaues theoretically Kumagawa could annihilate the human race if he wanted to.
>>
>>46708653
while I agree that more people should talk about devil eyes and bookmaker which would instantly put you on par with damn near anyone you can manage to hit, you have no idea how messed up these kids are....
>>
>>46708686
>Anon, it's a fookin' life or death battle. Use your common sense. You can kill the bastards any way you like.
>Who the FUCK do you think is going to force you to fight fair?
Dude, let it go, clearly the Jumper isn't interested in living through the MoonCell's War.
>>
>>46708584
>>46708609
Do you get deleted from reality if you lose a M:tG, Chess, Go, Street Fighter, Tekken etc game?
>>
How effective is the regen from infamous? It says it heals most non-lethal wounds in seconds, but if I have something like Anomalous Physiology that makes virtually all wounds non-lethal, does it give me wolverine-levels of regeneration?
>>
>>46708670
>in universe video game
But it's not. Like, at all. You literally have no understanding of what this setting is. It's just the normal grail wars except people fight in the digital world. It's like the matrix.

>>46708686
Yes, he could if he wanted. But he doesn't want to. Why is this retarded?
>>
>>46708686
>Who the FUCK do you think is going to force you to fight fair?

An omnipotent supercomputer that can bend reality.
>>
>>46708732
Except it doesn't. The Moon Cell does delete things, but it doesn't give two shits about how you fight. And it's not omnipotent. It jobs to Gil and Arc, for goodness' sake.
>>
>>46708623
The Manhunters are powered by your Lantern, so if you want to use them you have to stay around to power them.

Alpha Lanterns need a Battery of their own, which means you can create one and you're done.

Shard and the Interceptor both have Giant Power Batteries but, they're just big and powerful, not the core batteries that can power the other Lanterns.

Think I might just have to wait for an answer from Many.
>>
>>46708750
Nasu makes everything job to Gil and Arc for fuck's sake.
>>
>>46707419
>Summoning, basically. That's about it.
Oh, so I can still throw around fire and lightning and shapeshift without it, too?
>>
>>46707906
fuck off to spacebattles if you really need to steal other peoples work, they love that shit there
>>
File: BRDG.jpg (37 KB, 752x375) Image search: [Google]
BRDG.jpg
37 KB, 752x375
>>46708732
>>
>>46707060
>>46707123
I wouldn't say it needs an entirely new jump, but >>46707837 should give some serious thought to updating it. The items section if you removed everything with holy/demonic in it could be set in about any other jump and fit about as well as it does here. There's enough out there now that you can actually make the items section more than an afterthought. The options to get into the varied magic systems and their tricks are... "and you can have someone's sacred gear in magic form or blow things up"...when magic here can do far more. Nothing of senjutsu or youjutsu abilities, even for the inhuman option which loses the traits they originally had. The king piece does exist and...doesn't work the way the jump presents it, they didn't even need one to have a "King" in the rating games. While I can see where you were coming from on the piece pages, it feels flat and frankly feels like you were grasping at straws. Which is a problem when the origins revolve around it. Which speaking of could just be an option for the varied factions (they exist beyond the Big 3, normal, and oh I guess terrorists) without being pieced/carded/etc. with just paying for it as a bonus option if you want it. Divorcing the race option from origins would be good, given there's a wide ballpark to pick from. Origin specific perks and faction perks fall into the same problem as items, generic as possible and feels like they could fit anywhere else...with the Brigade just being the refuse bin to funnel those who don't like the other options and getting shived into it.

People have been saying they don't see a reason to change this or why anyone should bother changing a generic, bland shounen. Strike-chan, that should be all the reason you need to change it if the jump doesn't make the setting reach out and grab them. If I were to suggest all the new material missing and potential fixes to the current jump I'd end up writing a new one in the process.
>>
>>46708750
>Jobs to Gilgamesh/Archer
So does most everyone else, anon.
>>
>>46708728
While not actively drawing on your power source, bullet sounds heal quickly enough to not be a problem, but sustained fire will kill you real quick. Or at least that's how it is in the games.

Not sure about that combo, though.
>>
>>46708776
Absolutely. They just need the mediums for summoning their angelic/demonic allies.

>>46708770
I know, I know-it's just that it proves the point the big supercomputer only about as powerful as, let's say, an intact and healthy Worm Entity.
>>
>>46708750
>>46708732
You cannot attack the other contestants outside of the arenas where the battles are held. You can try to trick them or research their powers, but the Moon Cell will interfere and disqualify you if you attack, thus failing the jump by deleting you. If you are strong enough to resist this you can, but you must then defeat Saver at the core of the Moon Cell or destroy the Moon Cell itself to pass the jump.

It is not omnipotent but it is a planet level reality warper at least. Why can Gil and Arc deny it? Because Gil is massively more powerful in Extra and Arceuid is either in the same situation or abusing things relating to the moon or some shit. If you are strong enough or have abilities that lets you survive deletion you can go and fight Saver and win, thus passing the jump. Otherwise you must win the tournament. Participating in the fights and losing results in death, even if you are otherwise strong enough to beat the Moon Cell.
>>
>>46708807
I think he meant acruied or what ever moon chicks name is.
>>
>>46708825
It's not so much as death as it is your soul and mind being erased.
>>
>>46708825
Oh, forgot to mention, yes, you can in fact have the Master also fight. This happens in game as both the player character and the enemy master can do so. It's generally not very effective because most of the in game masters aren't strong damage wise but jumpers of course may differ.
>>
>>46708837
Her too, people have a tendency to job hard with her.
>>
>>46708853
I'm pretty sure CCC's end boss is the only exception but then again True Demons are hax. Actually, are the things Solomon summons in Grand Order on the same tier as Kiara or below? I'm guessing below given Kiara was explicitly described as surpassing the planet.
>>
80s action hero is objectively the best jump. You get swole, sick shades, witty one liners, and the best combat perk in 'If it bleeds...'.

What more could you want?
>>
>>46708885
A comfy ass couch.
>>
>>46708880
Fuck if I know. I don't pay attention to Grand Order personally, I just listen to what people tell me about it. It was pretty eh from the start but the moment Solomon appeared I just switched off completely.
>>
>>46708012
Hey, quick question. If you don't buy any of the Sage/Witch perks, can you use Ritualistic Obsession + the capstone booster on yourself?
>>
>>46708897
Ass couches are pretty hard to find at the best of times, let alone a comfy one.
>>
>>46708910
Can't say I blame you. It's probably below anyway since the Origin stuff didn't happen, the Servants just had to team up Final Fantasy-style to take them down individually. The problem being Solomon has dozens at his beck and call.
>>
>>46708948
You aren't looking hard enough then anon.
>>
>>46708941
Probably, yeah. It's just not going to turn you into a true Lumen Sage or Umbra Witch. Just something else.
>>
File: 1421039903280.png (42 KB, 244x263) Image search: [Google]
1421039903280.png
42 KB, 244x263
>>46708854
History lesson:
Arceuid is the most powerful being on Earth. Period. And because she's the most Powerful, Gaia basically chose her to be its Ultimate One.

Think Champion of a God or something.

In becoming the Ultimate One, Arc gained two abilities.

First, the Marble Phantasm, if something has a chance of happening, Arc can make it a certainty.

Second, ArchetypeEarth, a state in which the Earth itself empowers her to always be more powerful than her opponent.

Now before you mention Tsukihime, all you need to know is that shit happened a few hundred years earlier and Arc was hunting a stalker who stole some of her power and her sister stole her hair.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.