[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vasenica sector thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 12
File: Vasenica [Bloodward].png (203 KB, 1313x1127) Image search: [Google]
Vasenica [Bloodward].png
203 KB, 1313x1127
Where did Vasenica go?
for those who don't know, the Vasenica sector is a sector made by the fa/tg/uys of /tg/
>>
>>46704659
Glad someone cares about it! I had to give it space while I was finishing my dissertation, but then it was gone when I came back. I was going to go through the archives and fill the wiki with whatever I could harvest, but haven't yet had time.
I would be willing to carry on with it though.
>>
I t seems you guys only need to put some more worlds in the tau sept and you are gold.
>>
>>46706310
A few more Tau and Ork worlds, three or four of each, and then it's mainly adding depth to things, and populating the crusade.

Sept thread, anyone?
>>
>>46707203
Sure, give an hour or so and I can start one
>>
>>46707574
Wonderful. Also just bumping in the hopes that we can get some interest back
>>
The name for the sector is a bit...lame? How do you pronounce it? "Vazenika"?
>>
>>46708155
Here is the thread, sorry about the delay
>>46710115
>>
>>46708384
That's how I say it atleast, dunno about you?
>>
File: Tau Kek.jpg (46 KB, 862x521) Image search: [Google]
Tau Kek.jpg
46 KB, 862x521
Ok, this is what was rolled up on the Tau sept creation thread:

>3rd sphere expansion

>Desert planet

>Commaner uses the mont'ka tactic

>Rest of the cadre uses a hybrid of various units (mobile and stationary)

>The goal of the sept is to conquer new world

>The adhearance to the Greater good and the Ethereals are normal

>Their auxiliry is smaller than average

>The main alien auxiliry are Vespids

>Thier primary/preferred enemy are the Tyranids
>>
>>46710684
Is anyone here?
>>
Bump
Vasenica may be dead.
>>
>>46712218
Never! Vasenica lives!
>>
I'll write up an ork world, but I need more info about the boys first. Also, Emperor's Garden keeps disappearing from the map.
>>
>>46712844
This is what is said about the orks on the wiki
A Waaagh! led by a Weirdboy. Grimsnag wants to rip open a warp rift, potentially dooming the entire sector, that his boyz can rescue the legendary Tuska from the warp - or at least get in on the fun.

He had a Dark Eldar Pain Engine, which increased his powers by a curious brand of S&M, but it was reclaimed by some Craftworlders to attempt to end his plans.
>>
>>46712926
>>46712926
Alright. Here's what I have.

Grimz was once the imperial world of Astor 22. A small splanet, it was discovered a few centuries before the warp storm by an Adeptus Mechanicus exploration fleet. Despite the initial scans detecting large amounts of useful minerals, the barren landscape and the frequent solar flares discouraged widespread settlement. A few extraction sites mainly manned by servitors were established. Contact with them was lost shortly before the fall of Cordescanti, and a Munitorum investigative team was sent to investigate. Due to the chaos of the period, the team's reports are fragmented and contradictory. Some describe a ramshackle ork fleet supplemented by looted ore transports, suggesting that the planet was taken over by a group of pirates, while others speak of vast hordes of primitive orks suddenly appearing from the mountains.

Today, Grimz is one of the key plantets for the orkish war effort, and not only for the dreds and wagons it churns out by the hundreds. Naval Intelligence reports of a series of strange warp phenomena occurring on the planet. Rumors spread by Blood Axe mercenaries on Voider's Mourn speak of a Mekboy making "extra spooky" experiments using a crude copy of xenotech Weirdboss Grimsnag somehow acquired.

I was thinking of fleshing out some Imperial personalities, but they can wait.
>>
>>46713985
I like this! Can you add the planet to the map?
Add Emps garden too while you are at it
>>
File: Vasenica (Grimz and Garden).png (173 KB, 1313x1127) Image search: [Google]
Vasenica (Grimz and Garden).png
173 KB, 1313x1127
>>46714028
Here it is. I also think we need at least another Gue'la world.
>>
>>46714229
Awesome

And we have this to work with for the Tau at least >>46710684
>>
bump

Will probablu write some fluff tomorrow
>>
>>46715929
I was too busy with other creation threads to work on this, so I feel like I missed out

Also, what happened to that Hua Yuan thread?
>>
I've decided to rename the Kabal of the Withering Blades to the Kabal of Ensorcelling Dusk because the first one is already taken in a rogue trader splatbook.
>>
How did we come up with the sector name?
>>
>>46720921
Like, in setting or no?
>>
>>46722730
Both
>>
>>46714229
Isn't the ra'thekt dynasty meant to be isolating the coalition of tau aligned planets from the tau empire proper, rather than just sitting in the middle of it?
>>
>>46723217
Someone wanted to name it after Marco Polo before they settled on Vasenica. I don't know why though.
>>
>>46725976
>>
File: Desert_planet.jpg (59 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Desert_planet.jpg
59 KB, 800x600
>>46710684
The desert world Ce'Kian was founded sometime during the 3rd sphere expansion by the Tau Empire. The planet itself is a trinary star system and thus the planet has no night. THis has forced the Tau to build their structures inside the mountainranges that dot the planet. The Vespids of the cadre stationed there has taken a perticullar liking in this as it makes them feel "at home" so to say.

Ce'Kian is also the key planet for they when it comes to launching the Air caste fleets into enemy space in order t owin more ground for the Tau Empire. Unfortunately small tendrils of the approaching hive fleet has made it to the outskirts of the system, and this making it harder for the Tau fleet to mobilize while trying to not get eaten alive.

But the current commander has kept them at bay by luring the Tyranids onto dead worlds and hitting them with fast hit and run tactics.
>>
>>46728655
What do you think? Im not the best writefag but I did my best
>>
>>46728655
Not bad in the slightest, but actively luring and fighting Tyranids on different planets is something that would require a far stronger military base to perform well, especially considering how slow Tau FTL is compared to the Tyranids catapulting themselves towards the closest psychic signature.

The best they can do is maybe deploy excursions to keep track of exactly where the Tyranids are and keeping good stores of long-range voidcraft where they might appear.
>>
>>46728748
Yea, perhaps. I was just trying to fit into the text what tactic the commander uses
>>
>>46728761
Yeah, luring before hit & run is the best thing the Tau can do against Tyranids, they don't have the sledgehammer or static power to properly hold off fleets. Best for the Air Caste fleets to try and pick at the encroaching Hives as often and safely as possible, otherwise the Fire Caste are going to find themselves too outnumbered to effectively perform proper Kauyon and Mont'ka stratagems.
>>
>>46728807
Maybe we can add (in order to make the planet defencible) that it is surrounded by many small clusters of gas/ion clouds that harm the turanid ships due them not having void shields
>>
>>46728826
Maybe. Something to consider about Tyranids, especially fleets however is their absolute reliance on the larger bioforms to act as force multipliers or support to get the otherwise inefficient but terrifying swarms where they need to be. Could maybe give the Fire Caste Commander or Air Caste Fleetmaster (the Tau term escapes me) a slight character quirk similar to O'res'Ka in order to represent a familiarity with the Tyranids that the core Septs just don't have. Utilizing experimental or otherwise excessive amounts of high-power weapons to eliminate large concentrations of Tyranids (from swarms to their capital ships)
>>
Can someone add the Tau planet to the map? I would do it but I'm on my phone at the moment
>>
File: Vasenica (Ce'Kian).png (174 KB, 1313x1127) Image search: [Google]
Vasenica (Ce'Kian).png
174 KB, 1313x1127
>>46729668
There, added the planet
>>
File: Vasenica_Avak Omega.png (208 KB, 1313x1127) Image search: [Google]
Vasenica_Avak Omega.png
208 KB, 1313x1127
Adding a bit of fluff and a new planet in the Tyrranic front

>Avak Omega

The fortress world of Avak Omega was one a shining beacon of hope when the sector first fell. Due to it's vast defences and millions of guardsmen and the PDF kept the planet safe from heretics, pirates and Orks.

The planet's surface is covered in all kinds of defensive structures, trenches and gun batteries. What has been once eaons ago a prime garden world has in the 41th millenium been transformed into the planet spanning fortress we see today.

Avak Omega was a unice fortress world in on itself as it had vast vatcolplexes that spanned kilometers underground, at uses some mystical archeotech machinery that transformed sunlight into both neutrients and organics for the vat tanks, but also basic food for the citizen and soliders living on the planet. Avak Omega had due to the mystic machine a small enclave of techpriests and engieseers watching over the machines and studing it in hopes of learning it's secrets.

The vat born guardsmen from this planet were highly praised for thier urban fighting style and knowledge about defences. You could almost say that Avak Omega was like a gigantic human manufactorum that spat out troops like it was no stopping it.
That all changed when the Tyranids came.

The Tyranids didn't manage to suprise Avak Omega due to the many orbital stations and probes scattered around the system, but it didn't take long for the Tyranids to overwealm the orbital defences during thier 2nd wave. A few spores made it down to the surface but te 2nds wve's ships were all but destroyed by the anti ship battieries on the surface.

But with a stroke of luck from the Tyranids point of veiw a massive solar flare from Avak Omega's star distrupted the comms and augar sensors, forcing the defenders to rely on optical scan by human eyes
That wasn't enough and a massive Tyranid force made landfall and begun to slaughtering the inhabitants and the defenders.

>Cont....
>>
File: Imperial defences.jpg (53 KB, 293x443) Image search: [Google]
Imperial defences.jpg
53 KB, 293x443
>>46732706
At first the Guard and the PDF kept the Tyranid forces at bay by keeping them in small isolated pockets. But that became harder and harder to do as more Tyranids made planetfall and spawned from newly established spawning pools.

In less than a week almost all the major hab blocks and minor fortress complexes were overrun and the people and the defenders had to retreat to the major fortresses and the heavily fortified Vat complexes.

After several months of fighting almost all of the fortresses and it's defenders had been destroyed or eaten. But there are still a few places left that are still holding up against the Tyranids. It's the vat complexes, via what some might call technosorcery the Techpriests had manage to accelerate the growth process of the vat tanks and managed to compress the growth time to less than 20 days, side effecs of that being that these humans only live for a few weeks since they continue to rapidly age even when they have left the tank.

So every day the bunker doors open to send out a fresh batch of troops that will try to hold the line untill the next batch of humans are ready.
But even with a huge stockpile of imperial guardsman gear they are starting to run low on weapons and armour, and fighting Tyranids naked and bare handed is not an option. The only hope the defenders of Avak Omega have is if the Crusade can reach them so they can gain a foothold.

What do you guys think? Basicly they are growing troops alsmost as fast as the Tyranids by some modified DAoT tech
>>
>>46732706
>>46733067
Sweet! Love when new fluff and planets gets added. Just a few spelling errors but nothing major.
>>
>>46706310
>tau worlds
How about Ak'neh'syeni? Its a world I've been working on a little bit. Its basically space iroqouis
>>
>>46735015
Awesome, please share the fluff with us
>>
>>46735072
I will once I get some time. I have to write some shit, so I don't know if I'll be all written out by the time I finish. I just figured it'd be a nice border world between the Gue'vesa and Tau proper
>>
>>46735229
Sure thing, just fluff it out and place it on the map (the current one)
>>
>>46735259
I'll give it a solid shot
>>
Anyone know if there's a mirror affect in paint?
>>
>>46736604
I don't think so, but you could always just use paint.net or photoshop. Why?
>>
File: stuff.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
stuff.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>46737181
I'm trying to make a tau emblem out of 2b
>>
>>46737504
>2b
good choice, best one there
>>
>>46737504
What are these words at the top of the paper
>>
>>46739562
Name of the sept

The Ai'cea of the H'audeno
>>
File: Hello Darkness.png (192 KB, 348x348) Image search: [Google]
Hello Darkness.png
192 KB, 348x348
>>46704659
Same thing that happened to all /tg/ creations
To make cooks in one pot
people lose interest when that happens
>>
>>46740121
I just think there wasn't a solid goal to work towards
>>
>>46737504
neat stuff. Should we do that for the other tau factions?
>>
>>46741845
You mean septs? I think the ones we have already do
>>
>>46740272
There was but dumb niggers forgot it.

Treasure Planet.
>>
>>46743961
bring that shit back then
>>
>>46704659
the NECRON STILL ARENT CUTTING OFF THE TAU GOD DAMNIT
>>
>>46743970
Okay, Bam, its brought back
>>
>>46743961
Didn't we have ideas about a region in the contested zone where there were tons of shipwrecks from many various species just floating around
>>
>>46746149
As long as theirs gold in them there hills, I guess. I much more prefer a straight up treasure planet treasure planet.
>>
>>46746839
Just write some fluff and add it to the map, it's not that hard
>>
>>46746934
It is when it's supposed to be a major point of contention in the sector

and its 5am and you've ust spent the last 6 hours writing a paper about Intel's globalization policies
>>
>>46747112
How about we start with the basics for the planet
>What type of planet is it?
>What is it called?
>What type of treasures are on the planet?
Why are there treasures on the planet?
>>
>>46747143
>>What type of planet is it?

I would say that it's a death world of somekind. Becuase hunting treasures isn't safe or easy
>>
>>46747143
>What's it called
I'd think the place has a fuckton of names depending on who you ask. Tau call it the golden land, Necron call it the heirloom or the heritage, orks call it da big, shoiny loot, rouge traders call it what they will, and so on. I think it should have one, simple, well known name outside of all the more faction specific ones, like the trove or the Golden Planet or something
>>
>>46747222
How about it's just called something simple in imperial records like:
>Tetra
>Nux
>Krikor
>>
bamp!
>>
Avak Omega has been added to the wiki
>>
So happy this has ground away just enough to survive.

Anyone else noticed that the southern edge is just a shitton of desert worlds? There needs to be a good reason for the Tau to even be bothering. I suppose it's coincided just enough with the Tyranid position that it gives them a reason to be hugging the edge rather than plunging in.
>>
Ok guys we need to work on this treasure planet soon, or else we can just scrap the idea
>>
>>46752011
Could be a desire for pure territory. Maybe an expansionist ethereal runs the operation, and the rest of the castes suffer for it
>>
>>46755583
>>
Any Hua Yuan faggots present?
>>
>>46760779
I am!
>>
>>46761075
Check the Regiment Wiki.

Let me know what you think. It's a work in progress, obviously, but I hope to finish it during the week.
>>
>>46704659
>Vasenica
Chamber pot or pee bucket, literally
>>
>>46761116
I'd put the armored companies after the FOBs, but otherwise I think it's good. Maybe I should try working on it a little tonight
>>
>>46761367
Damn, that's good
>>
>>46761422
Please do. It looks like someone started a color and mayhem section but never worked on it
>>
>>46704659
I thought that that was sector Tiji.
>>
>>46767787
Well, this is a more serious take on a sector build/creation
>>
>>46767787
There's more than one
>>
>>46761367
Well that's what we get for being monolingual. Still seems startlingly relevant, though.

>>46756088
Sounds like a plan. We should create the Aun'O(?) in charge of the operation, if anyone is interested?
>>
>>46770104
Im game for creating the Aun!
>>
>>46770167
Alright, where do we start?
>>
>>46770201
How about a name?
>>
>>46770224
What's an example for us non-tau fags
>>
>>46770250
I foudn this docs document. It has 398 Tau words transalted into english. I say we roll 2d398 to see what his/her name is
>>
>>46770286
And of course I forgot to include the link

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1f8TWd0QWWdhtwTwIPHast0pY6XWI2gPZktAu-pP96sk/edit#gid=0
>>
Rolled 116, 326 = 442 (2d398)

>>46770286
>>46770299
Eh, why not.
>>
File: 43d.jpg (76 KB, 900x563) Image search: [Google]
43d.jpg
76 KB, 900x563
>>46770367
>166: Is, cold, in an evil bone shilling way
>326: Tau'utt. Rear of Tau, butt, backside, rear end

Is'Tau'utt, translates to Cold Butt
>>
>>46770367
Is Y'Va'Kna

A cold, evil, foolish person. Got assigned to a backwater front and is going to carve his name into it hard, for the greater good?
>>
>>46770395
Whoops, I read 362. Pretty synonymous though.
>>
>>46770395
Ok, I looked at some wrong numbers. Silly me. I think this >>46770398
is the correct name that we got
>>
>>46770395
You got the first part of the name wrong. 166 is Kunas, that means agile. So his name is Agile Butt
>>
So shall we go with Aun'O Kunas'Tau'utt?
>>
>>46770430
So we have a choice of cold-hearted, agile, posterior, and fool.

Reroll!
>>
Rolled 2, 265 = 267 (2d398)

>>46770557
Rollan!
>>
Rolled 322 (1d398)

>>46770581
re-rolling the first one
>>
Rolled 334, 297 = 631 (2d398)

>>46770656
Ok, so we have
>Tau'cea = Tau Empire
>Sept

Fuck this, I litteraly got Tau Empire Sept as a name. Re-freakin rollan!
>>
>>46770686
T'olku = Agile, Authority

Sho'ka = Strong sigt, vigilant
>>
>>46770686
Strong-sighted from T'Olku sept. Roll another and add together? Jeesh, we should be rolling like 5 at once
>>
Rolled 225, 219, 376, 63, 200 = 1083 (5d398)

>>46770736
Take your pick
>>
>>46770767
Or'es'la- Ork boy
Ol- bright
Mont'y'an- death-feeling anger
Wern- assault/charge
Elan- bone

Along with
Sho'ka- strong sight
T'olku- agile authority
Kunas-agile
Is- cold-hearted
Va'kna- fool
Tau'utt- arse

For fucks sake
>>
Rolled 15, 371, 333, 66, 231, 181, 175, 310, 221, 180 = 2083 (10d398)

>>46770900
rollong 10 this time
>>
>>46770958
B- shepherd
Elan'ro- skull (ro- head)
Lasa- flame
Li- light
Lissera- bonding
Oni- covered
Por'hui- unclear water (hui- unclear)
Suas- convert/become/join
Tol-authority
Vesa- helper

I'll have a think. What sort of disposition should the guy have?
>>
>>46771226
>>46770958
>>46770767
>>46770286
So, Aun'O T'olku B'lissera Tol'vesa Li'ol if he's a good guy, meaning in parts: bonding shepherd, helping authority, and bright light, as a sort of "look at all these auxiliaries that we rallied (as was the original theme). Then if he's a nob, Aun'O T'olku Tol'is B'lasa'suas Sho'ka, meaning cold authority, shepherd of the converting flame, and vigilant
>>
>>46771450
Confusing but that's to expected, like it anyway!
>>
>>46771512
If other characters are anything to go by, they'd just be widely known as Tol'is and B'lissera
>>
File: vasenica-Serik_system.png (210 KB, 1313x1127) Image search: [Google]
vasenica-Serik_system.png
210 KB, 1313x1127
greetings we are the Guard Regiment known as the Serikkan Arbalists, we stem from the system of Serik-Lambdaand we now exist within the upper right corner of your sector.

heres our thread >>46766714
>>
>>46774488
Woo! Can never have too many guardsman
>>
>>46774488
Glad to have you with us, sirs.

Would people like to flesh out the Ethereals? Should we just have one, or two working as a good Aun-bad Aun partnership?
>>
>>46777021
I'd say two, but the bad one should be one rank higher, for grim and dark purposes
>>
Maybe the one ethereal is deeply concerned about the Tau empire, considering the size and power of every other player in the galaxy. As a result, he wants to take as much territory and weaponry as possible, leading to over extension of his sept
>>
Id say we need another two tau worlds and another two ork worlds. Also a few more space stations or other.
>>
how bout for one other..maybe its in the contested zone. The Pulsar star known as Verns Eye is a electric blue star zapping the nearby void with deadly amounts of radiation. Known to voidfares for untold years it is given a wide berth.
>>
>>46781518
dude from earlier said he had a tau world he was working on
>>
>>46783486
It'll be here by the weekend, I promise
>>
>>46781357
Sounds good to me. Maybe have B'lissera prefers water cast methods whilst Tol'is prefers fire caste?

>>46781518
Agreed. At least two for Tau (ideally Xenia auxiliaries), two Ork, and two-three contested.
>>46785141
Good stuff, looking forward to it
>>
File: 40k world generator.png (816 KB, 1624x859) Image search: [Google]
40k world generator.png
816 KB, 1624x859
Rolled 10, 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 2, 10, 1, 1 = 40 (10d10)

Rolling up a world for the necron area. I will mainly use this for ideas and inspiration
>>
>>46788002
Ok so we got

>Fortress world (might change it since this sector has 2 of them already)
>Desert world (also might change)
>It's a death world
>Adherant to the imperial cult
>State of war (if the world classification changes then I will go with that they send troops to conflicts)
>Petty cults active
>Poorly trained PDF
>Hrud infestation (along with necron tombs)
>Traditional enemy: Orks (or necrons)
>Unique factor is that the planet is tidally locked
>>
Anybody got any ideas for some gue'vesa worlds?
>>
>>46791124
I know I'm not contributing anything, but we should try focussing on one thing at once. Try and contribute or build even the tiniest amount rather than asking about a different topic. Maybe that necron world would be a good basis, due to the dynasty being in Gue'Vesa space?
Unless it's not.
>>
>>46792530
To qualify, I meant that if you want to change topic, do it with an idea rather than just a general question. Loss of coherency is probably why we've lost numbers here.
>>
>>46792566
I agree
Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.