[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SCP Game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 406x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 406x700
How would you make a game based on the SCP Foundation? Ideally it should capture the fear of trying to capture some reality warper out in the field as an agent or surviving a containment breach as a D-Class.
>>
Play Delta Green instead.

/thread
>>
File: image.jpg (136 KB, 736x689) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
136 KB, 736x689
>>46702854
>>
>>46702860

>/threading your own post

Poor form, newfag.
>>
>>46702854
Fill it with hopeless situations. Let the players know that they're probably going to die at least once within 10 minutes of starting. Don't give the players a hope of fighting back against the clearly more deadly SCPs like 173 and 682 until they're properly equipped with prototype gear designed specifically to deal with the SCP in question.
>>
File: ayyyy.jpg (118 KB, 544x544) Image search: [Google]
ayyyy.jpg
118 KB, 544x544
>>46702884
lmao calm down
>>
File: image.jpg (126 KB, 1280x1811) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
126 KB, 1280x1811
>>46702884
Op here, I posted the field guide pic, not the /thread thing
>>
>>46702854
I would avoid the meta stuff within the SCP wiki as much as possible.

I'd start it with a super low-power, realism-focused game (maybe using GURPS, god forbid) that starts out normal. The first part of the campaign would have the party as people in the same community that suddenly has to deal with an SCP cryptid thing, trying to survive. Then the weird-ass men in black show up, and after they pull some gritty heroics by the skin of their teeth, they get brought into the SCP to be debriefed. Cue a sudden breakout a la that shitty indie game, then special commendations if they survive.

Any deaths would be rerolled as existing SCP agents who have a better idea of what's going on off the bat, but are still in the dark as they are forced to deal with civilians thanks to the lack of personnel in the area (due to the SCP activity).
>>
File: CeXNy14UUAARXkw.jpg (93 KB, 600x827) Image search: [Google]
CeXNy14UUAARXkw.jpg
93 KB, 600x827
I haven't had a chance to play (or even read) this yet but I hear it's very deadly. The base system is pretty solid for horror games though.
>>
>>46702854
SCP is full of want and entirely devoid of can. It's the lowest level of fetish wanking. It's what happens when DnD players try Call of Cthulhu for the first time. It is not a setting.
>>
>>46702854
I cannot for the life of me see why anyone would want to play in the SCP "setting." The whole thing seems like absolute anti-fun.
>>
>>46707010
Oh hey look, it's the fun police
>>
File: image.jpg (106 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106 KB, 500x750
>>46707010
Well, I mean it's all a question of perspective. Some of the SCP's are having a great time.
>>
>>46709033
Oh, fuck you.
>>
Call of Cthulhu or Delta Green
>>
>>46709529
Don't try to SCP those, just play either instead.
>>
File: image.jpg (451 KB, 1600x878) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
451 KB, 1600x878
>>46709033
Have the players play AS the SCPs. Kill as many d-class as possible before you get thrown back in your cell/acid pit/dimension/concrete cube
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.