[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>your GM suddenly declares that this session you will be facing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8
File: 1441404729682.jpg (62 KB, 640x389) Image search: [Google]
1441404729682.jpg
62 KB, 640x389
>your GM suddenly declares that this session you will be facing aquatic opponents
>your entire campaign thus far has taken place on land
>you will not be receiving anything new, and must make use of what you already have

How do you handle this session?
>>
Craft cement shoes. I roll to strap them to the DMPC and throw him off a bridge.
>>
>>46702519
Sounds like that ring of sustenance is going to pay off yet again.
>>
File: XCOM - Terror From The Deep.jpg (213 KB, 600x386) Image search: [Google]
XCOM - Terror From The Deep.jpg
213 KB, 600x386
Basically like this. Kill things with what we have, reverse engineer their weapons and use them.
>>
>>46702519
We did this. We tied a bunch of raw meat to a keg of gunpowder, tied it to a rope trailing our barge, then had the elf shoot the fuse with a fire arrow as the beastie started tugging.

My dwarf actually had no idea how much black powder to use, so he just used it all.
>>
>>46702519

>Your GM tells you what you'll be facing in advance
>How do you handle this session?

Easy. I walk out and never come back.
>>
>>46702579
Ring of Sustenance doesn't affect breathing.
>>
>>46702649
What if he had done it in character? Like the PCs had some advice-giving fairy or logistics people.
>>
use gold to bribe local mermaids

seriously what else are we gonna use it for
>>
>>46703233 Booze and whores.
I suppose mermaids can double as one of those.
>>
>>46703307
>not buying mermaid booze
its like you dont have to taste the world anon
>>
>>46702519
I've got lightning spells, and I think we have a healer.

We're good.
>>
>>46702519
I get ready for an easy fight, because he didn't say we'll be facing aquatic opponents in the water.
>>
>>46703210
Doesn't change the exit.
>>
>>46702579
>Sounds like that ring of sustenance is going to pay off yet again.
Ioun Stone, anon.
>>46702519
What IS the context of that picture, anyways?
>>
>>46703755
http://www.diffordsguide.com/class-magazine/read-online/en/2012-04-24/page-6/seaweed
http://seafruitwine.com/
>>
>>46702519
>GM tells you what's going to happen instead of having the players find out themselves in game.
>>
>>46704625
Russians or Chinese testing new underwater weaponry ?
>>
>>46704625
Sometimes people toss old machines or vehicles that they have no use for into the ocean, to form the basis for reefs.

I don't know why they tied an oil drum to the barrel, but the backhoe on the boat and the civilian dress of the people on it makes me think it's more of an environment thing.
>>
>>46702519
Well, I'm a clockwork golem. I guess I'll jump into the water, sink to the bottom and pretend that I'm fighting a flying enemy at night.
>>
>>46702519
I am already prepared
>Be martial in 3.5caster edition
>Clad in chicalrous plate armor
>Get ambushed by a big river
>Fuckhueg demon throws me to the water
>How do i swim with this?
>Barely survived by party intervention

And that's how I developed a water bodies' phobia and why I purchased a magic item that allows me to breathe and move at high speed underwater.

We submarine now, bring it on.
>>
Cast freedom of movement and water breathing.
>>
>>46705237
>implying moving underwater is like moving in the air
Also good luck with the water pressure. If you're going deep sea diving you'll get crushed like a tin can.
>>
>>46705855
Movement underwater is pretty close to movement in air if you're a machine
He will get flattened if he dives into a trench though
>>
>>46702519
Well, I better get more fire elemental's ashes.

It worked wonders against that fucking snake-like river.
>>
>>46705855
>>46705897
So all I have to do is avoid going to deep. I'll probably need to bring some sort of light source so that I don't fall into a trench by accident.

I've actually already moved on the ocean floor before though it wasn't very deep. Climbed up the anchor-chain onto a pirate ship to attack the crew. Worked fine. Just a shame that I forgot to take off my backpack in which I kept all my books.
>>
File: Solomon_I_have_returned.gif (673 KB, 240x163) Image search: [Google]
Solomon_I_have_returned.gif
673 KB, 240x163
>>46702519
>>
File: Scuba-Knight-388.jpg (55 KB, 603x450) Image search: [Google]
Scuba-Knight-388.jpg
55 KB, 603x450
>>46702519
I'd say it's go time.
>>
>cyberntically resurrected acolytes do not need to breathe
YUS
>cannot swim
Uhh.. I'll just walk on the bottom them I guess
>btw here's another 10+d10 insanity points on top of you 20-30ish already
>enjoy your phobia: water
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
>>
...by staying on land?
>>
wonder what this "Ice-nine" stuff does...
>>
>>46704975
The drum's a float. It pulls the nose up while it sinks so the tank lands right side up instead of nosediving ten feet into the bottom.
>>
>>46704625
While I don't think this particular photo is, most photos you see of people throwing military vehicles into the sea is from Operation Frequent Wind where after abandoning the Vietnamese to the communists, Americans basically got rid of everything on their ships they reasonably could so that helicopters could make a bunch of runs to South Vietnamese cities to rescueas many people as possible and bring them to America
>>
1) Crash an oil freighter over our enemies
2) Wait
>>
File: marienburg landship.jpg (505 KB, 850x799) Image search: [Google]
marienburg landship.jpg
505 KB, 850x799
attach wheels
>>
File: image.jpg (232 KB, 1000x1340) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
232 KB, 1000x1340
>>46702519
>I'll be fine
>>
Dust of Dryness, never leave home without it.
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (96 KB, 500x539) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
96 KB, 500x539
>>46702519
>your GM suddenly declares that this session you will be facing aquatic opponents
>your entire campaign thus far has taken place on land
>you will not be receiving anything new, and must make use of what you already have
>How do you handle this session?

I've been waiting for this moment my whole life!
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.