[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/swg/ - Star Wars General: Early EU Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32
File: starwars1.jpg (501 KB, 947x1526) Image search: [Google]
starwars1.jpg
501 KB, 947x1526
Post about X-Wing, Armada, FFG's Star Wars RPGs, d6, d20 (Saga), movies, shows, books, comics, vidya, lego, lore and everything else Star Wars related

Previous Thread: >>46679762

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>http://pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>http://pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>https://mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault and the Star Wars LCG)
>http://pastebin.com/ZkpXpbJ1

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>http://pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>http://pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>http://pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing
>>
Does anyone have any tips for running a Star Wars D6 campaign?
>>
>>46698664
Play FFG :^)
>>
>>46698674
I'm bored with FFG's system, though.
>>
Has anyone here ran Dawn of Defiance?

Im planning on tweaking it to Kotor era.

Specifically the start of the mandalorian wars.

Thoughts?
>>
>>46698699
You'll have to ask the greybeards. D6 is before my time is and is most suited for 90's EU. Which /swg/ has a huge boner for so there will definitely be peeps with advice.
>>
>>46698715
I ran it years ago. Be forewarned, a LOT of the fluff and such has to do with the direct aftermath of the fall of the Jedi Order and the rise of the Empire, so you're going to be doing less tweaking and more large-scale rewrites of the story and encounters.
>>
I want to run a EotE game set before the Clone Wars on a backwater planet in the mid-rim.

The Clone Wars will involve no CIS or Republic forces just competing local forces and old grudges.

Is there any information on life before and during the Clone Wars for the civilian population?
>>
>>46699646
In the Outer Rim? Pirates and Poverty.
>>
>>46698481
Was that one of those crazy as shit adventures when he was out in the Corporate Sector?
>>
>>46699646
>>46699679
Mid rim? Similar but less so.
>>
>there will never be a movie chronically kreia's life story and history of dealing with abusive padawans on lifetime
>>
>>46699857
How the fuck can you have an abusive padawan?
>>
>>46699951
the jedi is a cuck
>>
File: PhyVio[1].jpg (54 KB, 542x670) Image search: [Google]
PhyVio[1].jpg
54 KB, 542x670
>>46699951
Domestic abuse isn't limited to physical violence anon.

Consider that all of Kreia's known students have either converted her to the dark side, tormented her while betraying her, or physically killed her because she was trying to accomplish her own goals.
>>
So, about that "Yoda was once a Sith," theory, does it hold water?
>>
>>46700050
And remember only males commit domestic violence :^)
>>
Kreia's a shit.
>>
>>46700050
>Using Male Privilege
Worthless chart.
>>
File: bounty hunter.jpg (329 KB, 750x928) Image search: [Google]
bounty hunter.jpg
329 KB, 750x928
in your opinion, what makes a good bounty hunter campaign?
>>
>>46698481
>We're going to build a space-wall and the rodians are going to pay for it.
>>
>>46700990
It's all about the hunt and the final kill. Also an understanding between the players and the DM about what is going to be needed in such a campaign.
>>
>>46700253
I've heard this one.
>Bane made Rule of Two 1000 years ago, and immediately went into hiding.
>Yoda born 900 years ago, well after Sith were thought "extinct."
>Order thinks Sith have been extinct for 1000 years.
>Yoda knows about Rule of Two.
>How does he know about Rule of Two
>How does he know sooooo much about the Darkside
>Yoda history is pretty much unknown
>Must have been a Sith apprentice at some point

There are a couple of holes in it, namely there are plenty of ways for them to have found out about the Sith or had encounters with sith. And maybe Ki-Adi was just a fucking idiot.
>>
>>46701218
Or Yoda just reads books.
>>
>>46701305
Which books? The rule is only 100 years older than Yoda himself, and I figured Bane's adherence to secrecy would have prevented him from writing that shit down. But, hey. Maybe someone donated some Sith books to the Jedi Library.
>>
>>46698481
By the way, that issue actually DID have them specifically mention they were extending the shield bubbles on the falcon and that capital ship to maintain pressure, temperature, and radiation exposure for the crews so they just needed breathing masks in otherwise hard vacuum.
>>
>>46701429
If it's a rule to be followed, then he'd make sure people fucking knew to follow it.
>>
>>46700990
For maximum motivation, their target is a gungan.
>>
>>46701623
Yeah, the one guy under his apprenticeship, he'd tell verbally. And then that apprentice became master, he'd tell his apprentice. Verbally. And so on, and so forth.
>>
>>46701218
A better theory would be that Yoda had a hand in the supposed extinction of the Sith. That'd make much more sense.
>>
>>46700990
Bounties.
>>
>>46700990
watching good westerns
>>
>>46700050
I used almost everything on the right side of that chart on my ex and she still flirts with me and shit today. Women fucking love being treated like shit.

That chart was made by a faggot nu-male who let's people walk all over him or by a butch-dyke whore who's never been in a relationship in the firstplace.
>>
>>46698481

Dat ass.
>>
>>46702124
Cool story, bro. But you forgot one minor detail.

You're on /tg/. Your hand, and the images you download from /s/, doesn't count as your girlfriend.
>>
>>46702258
>I'm a gigantic faggot and a failure who's never even touched a girl so that means everyone else in the world is too

How do people like you live day to day?
>>
File: Sartana Piano.jpg (38 KB, 715x302) Image search: [Google]
Sartana Piano.jpg
38 KB, 715x302
>>46702029
And/Or Spaghetti Westerns
>>
>>46701675
Mace windu knew too.

Most likely event:
Bane lives before 1000 years ago
Makes rule of two
Someone lies about secret apprentice, two die leaving one. Jedi think sith are kill
>>
>>46702349
>projection.txt
>>
>>46702349
I'm not the one making a broad logical fallacy based on one imaginary girlfriend who gets off on abuse.
>>
>>46702258
10/10
>>
File: FFG Vehicle designer.jpg (52 KB, 500x336) Image search: [Google]
FFG Vehicle designer.jpg
52 KB, 500x336
>>46701472
Not an insanely shit idea I guess, something to keep in mind when PC's want to run around on the surface of the ship in spess and not get cooked/frozen.
>>
Let's all talk about Rahm Kota
>>
>>46699857
>wanting any media in regards to such a shit character
>>
>>46700990
Been running a bounty hunting campaign set during the Old Republic for about two months now. So far it's been an absolute blast.
>>
>>46701218
Goddamn the Rule of Two is such a terrible idea. Bane was a fucking moron (then again, most Sith are both insanely clever but unbelievably stupid at the same time).
>>
>>46704056
Without it, all the Sith do is sabotage and destroy each other.
Okay, they still do that with the Rule, but there's much less of them to do the destruction.
In the end, the Sith are just stupid, period.
>>
>>46699682

It's from a series of tie-in comics which came out alongside and after--and in the case of the first issues before--the original movie. Im on my phone so I don't have all the covers and panels I saved on me, but they were pretty fucking goofy. The Rebels sabercopter has nothing on the shit these people thought up.

I guess the writers figured Han was meant to be the protagonist because most are about adventures he and Chewie go on after the movie.
>>
>>46704187
Tortanic era Sith were reasonable enough. Especially in that short period of time when the emps was gone and Darth Marr was still kicking.

Man I miss Darth Marr. He was cool.
>>
File: Jaxxon 2.jpg (130 KB, 550x510) Image search: [Google]
Jaxxon 2.jpg
130 KB, 550x510
>>46704255
>they were pretty fucking goofy

70s Marvel was a magical place
>>
>>46704310
Bucky O'Hare?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD3lUzIB9JQ
>>
>>46704187
I think its stupid more because of this-

>There are two sith
>They board a shuttle
>Catastrophic accident
>There are no sith
>>
So, for the Empire's Shadow AU fic, I wanted to pick someone's brains for some very specific topics. For a general, an ace pilot, and a "troop's man", how would Imperial military doctrine change with Vader heading the Empire?
>>
>>46704275
Darth Marr best Darth. Well-loved by the people, just ruthless enough to not get fucked with, but honorable enough that he fucking BOWS to the Grandmaster of the Jedi. He was, in my opinion, the best Sith. Not the most powerful, the most intelligent, or the greatest warrior, but the best. The only passion he felt was for the well-being of the Empire, and he didn't play stupid the stupid little games that got a good number of the Dark Council axed.

I miss him, too.
>>
>>46704641
I think that's why they leave all these holocrons and secret fortresses around; hoping someday some disgruntled edgelord jedi will happen upon their leavings and reignite the sith.

Yeah its still kinda dumb
>>
>>46704641
The best part about that was that the apprentice wasn't even supposed to be there. It was a trap for his master!
>>
>>46704679
Yeah I've played both factions and most of the classes' stories and I have to say that Darth Mar is not only my favorite Sith, but my favorite character in general. And I say that as someone who ended up mostly playing a Jedi Knight.

Lana is probably my second favorite Sith, though she's really neck and neck with some other characters to be my second favorite character overall. And that is taking into account that I adore romancing her even if she's like one of two f/f options for Pubbies.

I just wanted to retire to Rishi and get married, but I just had to become a wall ornament.
>>
>>46704766
I like Lana a lot as well, and I will say- her being the first thing I saw after I was done being a wall ornament was actually very relieving.

Any other characters stick out to you? I like discussing insights and I run a game set during TOR, so I oftentimes will shamelessly yoink characters from the game and change name/appearance for use as enemy/ally NPCs, so getting new opinions/views on people I know is always good.
>>
>>46704811
The awkward reconnecting and her being exasperated at my goody twoshoesness was fun. Shame about the black dude boxblocking us half a dozen fucking times when we were fixing the ship.

As for your question, the Grandmaster of the Jedi is pretty cool. As are most of the droid characters.
>>
>>46704862
I do love me some T7. And yeah, Koth has got some seriously bad timing.
>>
>>46704991
Motherfucker is doing it on purpose.
>>
>>46703502
>chrisroberts-dot-jay-pee-gee
>>
>>46704641
I think it's stupid because of just how big a universe is. Can't it be a rule of eight or something, with each pair staying in their own gigantic corner of the galaxy.
>>
>>46705785

Sooner or later the different Sith will started interfering in each others territories for one reason or another then BAM - Sith civil war all over again.

Bane was basically trying to keep it as simple as possible to avoid complications via competition.
>>
>See people raving about how great Rebels is a few months back
>Decide to sit down with my wife and watch our way through Clone Wars first
>End up really enjoying it
>Finally start watching Rebels tonight
>Half-way through first episode and it's terrible

Does this get any better or was I the victim of a cunning deception?
>>
If you had to pick one bounty hunter to get the bulk of the nucanon attention, and Boba Fett was off the table, which bounty hunter would you pick?
>>
>>46706872
Maybe try watching more than half of a first episode. I mean, it took Clone Wars several seasons to get any good.

Or don't. I really don't give a shit if you don't watch something good. Just keep your uniformed opinion to yourself when others are talking about Rebels.
>>
>>46706872
>Does this get any better or was I the victim of a cunning deception?
It gets better, but never quite as good as the high tier Clone Wars episodes.
>>
>>46706929
>Or don't. I really don't give a shit if you don't watch something good. Just keep your uniformed opinion to yourself when others are talking about Rebels.

Bloody hell I didn't insult your mother or anything. I asked if the show got better. If it does then great, we'll stick with it and see if it grows on us.

>>46706931

Hmm, well I guess that's a bit too much to hope for, but good to hear it improves.
>>
>>46706958
>Hmm, well I guess that's a bit too much to hope for, but good to hear it improves
You've got to remember its only two seasons in, and Clone Wars never really had low moments as low as Rebels does, but it didn't really hit its stride until s3 either.
>>
>>46706929
>>46706931
Rebels is canon under the new 'EU' right?

Is Disney actually specifying canon like Lucas used to or is this turning into a grand old shitfest?

I just can't step into the waters of this new EU if it's gonna just ignore itself all over the place T_T
>>
>>46706958
Don't cry because someone's being blunt with you after you asked a dumb question.

We're not you. We don't even know you. We can't tell you if you'd like it. People already told you they liked it. Fuck off.
>>
>>46707026
>Rebels is canon under the new 'EU' right?

>>46698481
>Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media
>>
File: image.jpg (262 KB, 640x628) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
262 KB, 640x628
>>46707036
>M-my show is REALLY GOOD GUYS!!
>>
>>46707072
>"hey guys who don't know me will i like this thing? people already told me that they like"
This is a stupid thing to post in a thread. Don't post this stupid shit in /tg/. Go to /b/ if you desperately need to shitpost.
>>
File: 2658633-5257751709-13377.jpg (110 KB, 350x377) Image search: [Google]
2658633-5257751709-13377.jpg
110 KB, 350x377
>>46707036
>>
>>46707052
>>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

wow there are quite a few canon level comics now

also goddamn so much 'young reader' stuff that's canon FUG
>>
>>46707026
Disney says there aren't tiers anymore so everything is fully canon, unlike EU where there were tiers with movies>tv shows>books/comics/games. There's no way that is actually the case though since movies and tv make way more money so as soon as they start making overly convoluted shit the movies will plow over it. Basically nucanonfags think that nucanon will be so much better when it definitely won't, and oldfags think it will be so much worse which it won't. It's going to become exactly as bloated with just as many stupid parts.
>>
>>46707098
No, I'm telling you to stop shitposting, yet here you are, shitposting with memes now.

Again: fuck off.
>>
>>46707095
>Please don’t be disrespectful of the story. You might not care but others do
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 600x572) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 600x572
>>46707121
And you are trying to police /swg/ like it's your personal blog after someone expressed a negative opinion about something you like and asked if it gets better. So no, you fuck off.
>>
>>46707169
That anon is right, though. Personally, I don't like Rebels, but that other anon really did ask a stupid question and then followed it up with a bunch of dumb memes.
>>
Ok one of my players is getting a little bit over the top with his ultra soak wookie. What do I use to cut him down a bit? Vicious weapons? It's a pretty loose beer and pretzels FFG game but once you start blowing up star ports and overriding the other characters to do randumb shit I gotta push back a bit.
>>
>>46707370
Have you tried asking him to tone it down a bit?
>>
>>46706919
Bendak Starkiller
>>
>>46707370
Are snipers, artillery, and vehicles not cutting it anymore?
>>
File: Noval Garaint.png (870 KB, 1600x911) Image search: [Google]
Noval Garaint.png
870 KB, 1600x911
>>46706919
Noval Garaint, because a bounty hunter able to murder and swindle his way to being the secret head of a crime syndicate while still operating as a bounty hunter is hilarious
>>
>>46707386
I think he's mostly going full psycho because his character hasn't been challenged much in combat. Right now one of the other players is running a mini-arc and he's kind of new to RPGs so he doesn't know how to craft encounters well. I'll talk to wookiee dude about chilling a bit but some advice on encounters for high XP characters (I think we are in the 350ish range now?) would be much appreciated
>>
>>46706919
Bossk. He's a cool lizard dude, and the only one courteous enough to take off his shoes when he got on the executor
>>
>>46706919
HK-48 would be neat to have in nucanon, probably to harsh for babytier disney though

4-lom and zuckuss were always kinda neat tho
>>
>>46704648
Likely not much.

The empire has pretty unquestioned abilities force on force. Note hoe badly rebels get rekt whenever the empire isn't holding back cuz plot.

ANH- the empire successfully takes a choke point at massive disadvantage.
ESB- empire is clearly victor at Hoth, though their admiral Ozzel fucked them somewhat (he was regarded as a screw up anyway)
ROTJ- after being ambushed the imperial ground force recovered initiative, only losing when the armored unit turned against them. In spess we see several republic capital ships and fighters get remed, in contrast we see only the executor and two star destroyers plus ties get killed off.

If anything it doctrine would change from occupation to more combat divisions, perhaps investigate troop performance for combat drills, bringing back republic gunships, etc.
>>
>>46706872
It takes time to build, much like clone wars did.

The first episodes are truly the weakest.
>>
File: image.jpg (5 KB, 125x114) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
5 KB, 125x114
>>46707036
Did someone have a bad day?
>>
>>46704056
>>46704187
>tfw because of the EU purge revan never helped give bane the idea for the rule of two
>>
>>46708222
The rule of two is a stupid idea.
>>
>>46708222
>>46708261
The only amazing thing about the rule of two is that the sith managed to last a whole millenium while adhering to it. Seems to me like freak accidents are way too likely to have ruined the whole plan. And of course, as soon as they did achieve galactic dominance it took a mere two decades for both lords of the sith to die.
>>
>>46708547
>while adhering to it
They probably cheated the system by having a fuckload of Dark Jedi minions. If a Sith Lord dies, the remaining Lord promotes one of those mooks on the spot after a crash course in Sith ideology.
>>
>>46708659
>>46708547
Yeah from what the shows and movies show, both Sheev, Dooku and Vader had a bunch of lesser minions each ready to be called up should something happen. Maul is the odd one out but he went off to form his own rule of two, complete with hookers and blow
>>
>>46708742
People seem to think the Rule of Two is this immutable law but it's more about keeping the Sith closeknit and united than actual dogma. You're free to cheat and train more mooks if you want, but keep them weak and shitty so they can't betray you. Or have them prove their worth by killing off your apprentice so they can take the job themselves.
>>
>>46707099
There's just the one level. The color coding just shows you the format of a given piece of media. It's all equally canon until something starts treading on something else's toes.

Well, Battlefront has some content that's probably not as canon, but other than that you're good.
>>
>>46708986
That just makes the Rule of Two sound even more retarded than everything doing what they want in some sort of giant ass government ruled by the sith first and foremost, with the rest of the government being beneath them.
>>
>>46709895
>Thinking that would last longer than 6 months without falling into civil war murderfucking

Good luck with that Darth Rand
>>
>>46698481
people who say the Rule Of Two is stupid need to learn their history
before Bane the Sith were many each generation weaker than the last because a group of weaker Sith ganged up to kill the stronger ones thus weakening the Sith as a whole, slowly through thousands of years the Sith lost their way until Kaan formed the abomination of the sith called The Bortherhood of Darkness forgetting the ways of sith completely and forming a group with no leadership and with a rule to not betray one another, eventually of course the Jedi with the army of light defeated the Brotherhood of Darkness and annihilated all the Sith except for Bane, Bane reflected the fall of his predecessors and in a moment of enlightenment understood that to carry on the legacy of the Sith and build a strong Sith order their can be only two, one to embody the power and one to crave it, thus ensuring every following Sith would be stronger than his predecessor until Sheev came defeated the Jedi and became Galactic Emperor,their's nothing to argue about the Rule Of Two objectively worked and is an important historical even in the SW lore
>>
>>46711857
just to make it clear he actually had that enlightenment before the fall of The Bortherhood Of Darkness
>>
What kind of sidearm would an Imperial officer carry?
>>
>>46712743
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/SE-14r_light_repeating_blaster
>>
>>46698481
Hey /tg/, tomorrow me and a friend will be doing a stream/podcast about X-Wing. If you're interested, I'll leave a link here. www.twitch.tv grimsquadronttv

Also, still hunting for the TIE Lancer.
>>
>>46712743
A standardized blaster pistol for low ranking commissioned officers of the Navy/Army/Intelligence. Once you hit certain ranks you see a bit more leeway in having your own cool bling weapon, like a Grand Admiral or the like would definitely have his own unique blaster pistol (that is, if he is interested in it). And ofcourse field operative Intelligence officers would have a fair bit of variety.
otherwise >>46712915 works.
>>
>>46704648
>Vader heading the empire
Given that the man has no skills indicating the capability to lead an empire, let alone govern the bureacreatic monstrosity that is the Galactic Empire, imperial doctrine would change with some serious civil war going down pretty fast?
>>
>>46713597
Yeah Vader sucks at the politics part so the Rebellion would spring up way earlier. Plus he'd probably get some fucker warlords in the outer rim he'd have to stomp down every few years.
>>
>>46713597
Vader could rule by delegating power to the Moffs earlier and going full Tarkin when the Death Star is operational. It won't last, though. Tagge was right, a large star fleet is more efficient at quelling uprisings than a single super weapon.
>>
File: whatisthisgun.png (306 KB, 435x449) Image search: [Google]
whatisthisgun.png
306 KB, 435x449
>>46713560
Speaking of blaster pistols, have we got a name for this sexy creature yet?
>>
>>46715848
Episode?
>>
>>46715944
Shows up in the episode where Ezra runs off to hang out with Hondo, and again in the episode where Leia gives Phoenix Squadron some ships.
>>
>>46716135
No name from what I can see. Looks like we'll be waiting for a Season 2 visual guide or something.
>>
File: imperial_officers_rotj.jpg (496 KB, 1671x800) Image search: [Google]
imperial_officers_rotj.jpg
496 KB, 1671x800
Any painters in the thread? I'm getting ready to paint my Imperial Officers for Imperial Assault, and I want to split them up between the black uniforms and gray uniforms. What shade of gray (especially Citadel, since that's what I can get nearby) would be the best match for the gray uniforms?
>>
>>46716321

If you're referring to the uniforms Ted Cruz and co are wearing they're more olive green than gray.
>>
>>46716321
Dunno about citadel colors but Tamaya should have a gray similar to that color. Or you could get a pot of german uniform Feldgrau (pretty standard color) and darken it down with a drop or two of black ink.
>>
File: piett.jpg (32 KB, 272x377) Image search: [Google]
piett.jpg
32 KB, 272x377
>>46716351
>>46716400
I think the lighting in that shot just makes it look darker than it should. I guess I'm going for more of a look like Piett in pic related. I got some answers over in the WIP thread, and I'm going to try Dawnstone.
>>
>>46716351
Fuck you. Now I can't unsee that asshole on the left as Cruz.
But yeah, that is more of a dull olive color than flat grey.
>>
File: Orbital-bombardment-art.png (2 MB, 1280x1086) Image search: [Google]
Orbital-bombardment-art.png
2 MB, 1280x1086
>>46715266
Yeah, the death star doesn't really make any sense. Even as a tool of terror. Is the ability to blow a planet to chunks really that much scarier than the ability to wipe out all life on the surface? Just imagine how many more star destroyers they could have built with the resources that went into the death stars.
>>
>>46716768
The problem with Star Destroyers is that a base delta zero requires space superiority and a significant time investment. The Death Star does away with those needs, assuming it's charged up and doesn't fuck up the shot. The totality of that planet's annihilation also adds to the terror aspect. A BDZ'd planet can be terraformed and resettled. A Death Star laser is a sign that the Empire is so fed up with a planet's shit that it won't even bother to do that.

It's still a horribly cost-inefficient wunderwaffe but there's some possible logic to its construction.
>>
>>46711857
And it's still a stupid idea. All it takes is one entirely unforeseeable accident, and boom. Now there's not even weak Sith around because hey! They're all dead!
>>
>>46718196
Not to mention the risk that the apprentice could die in the process of killing his master. Which is exactly what happened in the end.
>>
>>46718196
Most people agree that the Rule of Two was a different but equal flavor of retardation to the mass infighting of the old Sith. Still, seeing as Palpatine and Anakin pulled off what entire Sith Empires couldn't, it worked in a way.
>>
>>46716967
It's just so much huger than anything else in the setting. It's hard to imagine how any sane person could believe it was worth doing.

The Executor was an absurdly oversized doom ship. But they could have easily built hundreds of Executor-class super-star destroyers with the resources that went into the first death star. And then they were building DS2 even bigger.
>>
>>46718196
Can't Force-Sensitives, like, see the future? I feel like AT LEAST the master would be strong enough to see future accidents and prevent or avoid them.
>>
>>46718578
>It's hard to imagine how any sane person could believe it was worth doing.
First off, Tarkin was arrogant as fuck and believed that terror weapons would be sufficient to keep systems in line. It wasn't primarily designed as a weapon of war. It was designed to scare uppity backworld banthafuckers from Bumfuckistan IV.

Second, it's partly a reference to the Nazi wunderwaffen of World War II. Shit like the Ratte, Landkreuzer P.1500, and other batshit crazy experimental stuff. The Empire are heavily influenced by the Axis Powers and you can't have Space Nazis without wunderwaffen.
>>
File: Sad-Frog[1].jpg (26 KB, 346x489) Image search: [Google]
Sad-Frog[1].jpg
26 KB, 346x489
>you will never get to watch a big brother type reality tv show and root for kreia as she manipulates everyone into killing the force.
>>
>>46718196
It's not like the sith care about passing on traditions or any of that shit. They just care about power so if they die they really wouldn't give a shit.
>>
>>46718715
But they already had the power to wipe out planets on every major ship in their fleet. And the death star can only be in one place at the time.
>>
would you recommend the FFG system?
>>
>>46719113
Yes
>>
>>46718614
Granted, he was pretty distracted, but Vader didn't see Han coming. Palps didn't see Vader betraying him.
>>
>>46719085
Again, base delta zero requires space superiority and a lot of time. And in that time, people still have a nonzero probability of escaping. Plus, theater shields can resist orbital bombardments. Maybe if you build a bunker deep enough and well enough, you could survive the bombardment. The Death Star circumvents that.

Nobody ever said Tarkin was being smart. It exists because it's there to wave the Empire's dick and because the writers want wunderwaffen. A big space station with a big gun is simple and easy for viewers to understand. And the concept of Star Destroyers having the capability to sterilize a planet on their own wasn't covered in the OT. The Death Star's ability to annihilate planets was seen as an unprecedented atrocity before Legends elaborated on BDZ.
>>
>>46719085
Glassing a planet takes an ENORMOUS amount investment in time and ships. We're talking like hundreds of battleships taking MONTHS, and that's AFTER you spend equally huge amounts of time and energy dropping the planetary shield. The death star does it's thing in an AFTERNOON
>>
>>46719256
>before Legends elaborated on BDZ.
And by "legends", you mean " Saxton"
>>
>>46719342
I never understood the concept of glassing a planet.

At least one nation on this planet has the capability of rendering it uninhabitable and prohibitively expensive to exploit with just nukes.

Shields don't stop nukes making the planet a radiation nightmare either.

So why would anyone bother trying to glass the surface?

Why not just nuke it?

If a primitive country on a small world can produce enough nukes to render a planet uninhabited, why can't a galaxy spanning republic or empire?
>>
>>46707169
Dude, you didn't even finish 10 minutes of a 20 minute show, but somehow managed to get through the shit that is the first two seasons of Clone Wars. Even I thought you were trolling.
>>
>>46719544
>At least one nation on this planet has the capability of rendering it uninhabitable and prohibitively expensive to exploit with just nukes.
That is completely untrue by several orders of magnitude
>Shields don't stop nukes making the planet a radiation nightmare either.
Also completely and utterly untrue.

>If a primitive country on a small world can produce enough nukes to render a planet uninhabited, why can't a galaxy spanning republic or empire?
Because they haven't, and for the second part, because even a basic planetary shield renders a planet effectively immune to nuclear bombardment
>>
>>46719544
>At least one nation on this planet has the capability of rendering it uninhabitable and prohibitively expensive to exploit with just nukes.
But that's wrong you fucking retard
I bet you also think that a nuclear reactor can explode like a bomb
>>
>>46719544
>Why not just nuke it?
We don't know how hard it is to clean up nuclear fallout in-universe. Also, nukes make it harder to rebuild a BDZ'd planet in a setting where taking and holding planets is central to warfare and geopolitics (astropolitics?). Why make the job of resettling and re-terraforming harder? Plus, the last major mass usage of nuclear weapons in the setting was during the Mandalorian Wars--thousands of years before Yavin. They're obsolete and a waste of storage space. IIRC, turbolasers already have yields comparable to nukes (thanks, Saxton), along with nearly functionally ammunition for much less storage space per shot.
>>
>>46719716
>IIRC, turbolasers already have yields comparable to nukes (thanks, Saxton)
Saxton numbers were never canon; they originated in low-tier sources and were directly contradicted in higher-tier stuff, which makes them clearly not canon in legends, quite aside from their absence from nucanon for obvious reasons
>>
>>46719547
I'm a different guy. Rebels is the equivalent of krokodil. Some good stuff, but mostly fuck terrible. In an age of new Star Wars movies it shouldn't exist
>>
>>46719639
>>46719685
The us had about 7000 nukes at last estimate. Assuming (innacruately) that every nuke is about as powerful as Hiroshima, this would only destroy a small (less than 1%) of the land area of the earth. If you're only considering surface area of the initial damage, then you're right. That's retarded though.

What's more concerning are the long term climate changes as a result of the thousands of firestorms, and the radioactive fallout as isotopes settle all over the planet.

We've only had about 500 atmospheric explosions over a period of 50 years. It's absolutely incomparable to the US unleashing its full payload on the atmosphere, as are nuclear meltdowns (which are both trivial compared to a nuclear weapon blast, and far less likely to happen).

>>46719794
>>46719716
I can't speak to turbolaser numbers, but you made it sound like you needed a thousand ships all firing turbolasers over weeks to glass a planet. that makes the payloads seem less than a nuke to me.

Shields could be an issue I guess. Are planetary wide shields a thing in star wars? I don't remember seeing anything like that in the movies. If they aren't planet wide, you could just nuke areas near the shields and let the radiation and fallout deal with the people inside them.
>>
>>46720155
>What's more concerning are the long term climate changes as a result of the thousands of firestorms, and the radioactive fallout as isotopes settle all over the planet.
So you don't know how nukes work
>Are planetary wide shields a thing in star wars?
And you don't know about star wars

How about you fuck off and learn a thing or two before you start spouting off those red-hot opinions?
>>
File: image.jpg (80 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80 KB, 540x540
>>46716321
Holy shit the resemblance...

Top pest of keks anon
>>
>>46718614

It's not really "seeing the future" in the sense you're thinking. People who use the Force (I hate the term Force Sensitive) are shown to have precog in two ways:

Through meditation, you could potentially see something which might happen. But you're not always sure what the context or even the reality of it is. Depends on how well you clear your mind of bullshit.

The other way is a sort of subconscious precognition. The better you focus and let the Force glow through you, the more accurate it is. This is part of how Luke could block the remote without seeing it.

Vader was pretty tunnel-visioned when Han got the drop in him.
>>
>>46720233
Why don't you illustrate how and where I'm wrong about nukes instead of using all the authority of a "lol ur dumb" response?

As far as shields, I don't know the EU as much, but that's not canon anymore. I also don't remember seeing any shields besides the ones on hoth in the films. And the ones on hoth either weren't planetary wide, or didn't stop slow moving drop ships from landing. Either way, nukes would still be viable.
>>
>>46720155
>that every nuke is about as powerful as Hiroshima,
Average nuke is over a hundred times more powerful than the piddly little Fat Man and Little Boy.
And then we go thermonuclear, that gets even bigger by a factor of 500.
>>
>>46718196
>>46716967
>>46716768

Remember that planetary shields are retard STRONK in SW.

The Death Star is a mobile siege engine as well as an unsinkable port for the empire,you could haul entire armies in its bowels. Not only that it could serve as your pentagon.

It's not just a planet killer, it's a near-invincible mobile fortress that could be the capital of the empire.

Except, ya know, proton torpedoes and overconfidence...
>>
>>46720286
Yeah, I was deliberately underestimating the nukes we have to be charitable to the other side.
>>
>>46720155
>Are planetary wide shields a thing in star wars?
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Planetary_shield

They're a Legends thing. However, the smaller theater shield on Hoth is a similar thing scaled down. Build a fuckload of those and scatter them around a planet and you have a similar effect.
>>
so I was in the local shop the other day and I want to play x-wing for sometime now. I want to have thrawn feels.

I ask the guy so this is the starter pack we can like buy 2 people and share right? he says "no its just for 1" but it has both x-winges and tie fighters. wtf?
>>
>>46720330
The fuck are you trying to say?
Is the starter pack enough for two people to play?
Of course if fucking is.
>>
>>46720314
Cool. And now I remember that they had shields from endor projecting onto the death star. or something like that.

The wiki says "serious damage to craft passing through them". how serious are we talking about? Is it external damage, or internal damage? Could you build a heavily fortified one way bullet containing a nuclear payload to get through it?
>>
>>46720291

This.

Also people who go "lawl Death Star makes no sense" should stop trying to apply real world or even theoretical strategy to Star Wars. The Death Star exists do there can be an obvious and memorable threat to the good guys. Complaining it makes no sense is like watching a fantasy movie and telling me the dragon should be physically incapable of flight.
>>
>>46720314
Um the DS2 was protected by a single planetary shield, that also protected itself (or else they would just blast the shield generator from orbit). That's not really legends tier.

Starkiller base likewise had a planetary shield.
>>
>>46720351
yeah I asked this "so we can buy and divide" and this guy said no its just for one person. fucking retard
>>
>>46720382
Cuz he wants your money, duh
>>
>>46720378
The starkiller base shield actually demonstrates the flaw of shield technology: Skilled Suicidal Hyperspace runs. Since apparently shields can't stop you from traversing them in hyperspace or at hyperspeed or whatever it is, you could just launch a thousand nukes in computer or remote controlled ships. The ships come out of hyper right after the shield and then proceed to drop their payloads while crashing into the planet.
>>
>>46720431
If I recall there was a special snowflake circumstance, or they would have done it at Endor (yes I know it was made up for 7, but we have to use in-universe logic).

The starkiller jump also defies mass shadows
>>
>>46719113
its fine unless you hate narrative games or things that aren't D20
>>
>>46720431
>still going on about the fucking nukes

Nukes "solve" a lit of problems. Problems that drive the story. Nuclear weapons never show up in the movies so bringing them is pointless and you should just drop it.

The people writing these movies want us to care about characters, thematic spectacle, and pottery. I don't watch Star Wars so I can see bunch of eggheads game the system to launch nuclear war heads through hyperspace into a plot device. And neither does any other neurotypical person.
>>
>>46720520
okay.
>>
>>46720374
>Needing a nuke
Why bother with a nuke when regular rods from god would do the same job with less cleanup?

No idea how "serious" the damage would be, but if Hoth's theater shield is any indication, not serious enough to stop landing craft from dropping infantry and armor safely. However, it's important to note that the shield at Hoth was more like an energy shield. Particle shields do stop solid matter and are found on even common starfighters. Stack a particle and ray shield, and you stop energy and kinetic bombardments.

>>46720378
Right, I keep forgetting about Endor.
>>
>>46720283
Not that guy, but
>firestorms.
Wouldn't happen. Thermal pulse radius is smaller than the overpressure radius, so any fires started by the blast would be put out by the overpressure wave, which is what does the actual damage
>but much hiroshima
Hiroshima caught fire under very unusual circumstances that wouldn't happen anywhere else except maybe I'd you nuked certain third-world slums; the overpressure wave collapsed thin wood and rice-paper dwellings onto stoves that were already burning for meal prep when the bomb hit, causing the stoves to set the wood wreckage on fire
>the radioactive fallout as isotopes settle all over the planet.
Fallout is only really a concern with groundbursting weapons, which is an attack profile that isn't used except for a few rare circumstances, and even then fallout making things "uninhabitable" is overblown. Even with a megaton-range hit, you're looking at a very small uninhabitable radius around ground zero, and raised cancer rates downwind, but not a lot in terms of genuinely uninhabitable area
>>46720286
Literally everything you said is wrong. The "average" nuke today IS thermonuclear and in the 1-300KT range, which is 8-20 times hiroshima-sized, not hundreds
>>
>ITT
>why use the Death Star to wreck planets when my AUTISM can wreck the setting MUCH more efficiently
>>
>>46720575
I'm operating under the assumption that the shield would disperse most of the mass of any high speed projectile, but that's just a guess. Rods from God could work if they could get through. But for some unsubstantiated reason, I just think a more shielded nuclear payload could do more damage for less cost by virtue of not having its kinetic energy dispersed by the shield.

But again, that's just my guess on how shields that are only vaguely described in a wiki entry work.

>>46720643
As I understand it, airburst bombs are actually more effective at dispersing all types of radiation than ground burst.

You're right in some respects that nuclear bombs are ineffective at causing firestorms. At least compared to conventional explosives specifically used to do just that. And for largely the reason you stated. However, they generally will cause some firestorms in any given city that has combustible fuel. The shockwave passes the fireball within the first second.
>>
>>46720382
Its everything you need to play a small 1 on 1 game, but if you and a friend plan to expand make your own lists, you'll probably need to get another one so you can each have copied of the maneuver templates, upgrade cards, and damage deck.'

That said, he's an idiot for telling you it's just for one person
>>
>>46720575
The Imperial forces at Hoth landed well outside the Rebel shield and pushed walkers through it. Note the distinct lack of Imperial flying vehicles during that scene - in fact, it's announced that they have to drop the shields in order to get the Rebel ships away from the base.
>>
File: dark jedi.jpg (836 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
dark jedi.jpg
836 KB, 1280x1280
Which is best version of D6?
>>
>>46720837
>As I understand it, airburst bombs are actually more effective at dispersing all types of radiation than ground burst.
Sort of, but not really. You get slightly more prompt radiation than a groundburst, but exponentially less fallout, which is the real killer rads-wise.prompt radiation is basically irrelevant on larger warheads anyhow, on account of everything in the prompt radiation radius is already dead from the overpressure wave
>>
>>46720923
True, but the airburst bombs spread the radiation all over the globe. back of the napkin math suggests to me that unleashing a significant portion of the US payload into the air would have disastrous effects
>>
>>46720891
Fucking hell, I really need to pay more attention to the shield-related dialogue in the films.

>>46720837
A shielded rod from god would probably be even cheaper overall, since you cut out the cost of cleanup.
>>
>>46720903
Not D6,
>>
>>46721001
>>46721001
Yeah. And I guess you could do the han solo hyperspace maneuver.

It's kind of scary that han solo demonstrated a technique that could do what the death star and starkiller bases did for a fraction of the cost. In his death, he may have changed galactic politics forever.

Finally, I've got one question about TFA: has anyone identified the positions of the planets that were killed by starkiller? It always really bugged me that the laser beams were visible to every planet that was a victim to it. This implies they were in the same system.
>>
>>46720990
>True, but the airburst bombs spread the radiation all over the globe
Again, that's true, but only in negligible quantities
>>
>>46721120
Only in negligible quantities when tested one at a time with small payloads over a period of 50 years. Not when detonated all at once in an unprecedented catastrophe that also kicks up dust into the air all over the globe and probably severely alters weather patterns.
>>
>>46721085
They WERE in the same system. The Starkiller shot took out all five planets in the Hosnian system.
>>
>>46721167
Okay, autism settled.
>>
>>46721167
>5 planets
Kyp "Worst Jedi" Durron says, "Git gud."
>>
>>46721167
But the cantina planet is half a galaxy away and them being able to see it is the dumbest thing in the entire movie.
>>
>>46721185
Well, there is still the retarded fact that the Takodana system (the Not!Yavin planet) is half a galaxy away from the Hosnian system and yet could see the beams from the Starkiller blast clearly annihilate the Hosnian system.

But that was handwaved by people saying "lel hyperspace disturbance," when realistically it's "JJ can't into sense of scale"

>>46721225
Ninja'd me.
>>
>>46721164
You seem to be stuck on the misconception that a bunch going off at once is worse than that many going off individually over time. It's not. Beyond the extremely short period before exponential decay reduces the radiation below lethal levels, chronological spacing isn't relevant rather.
Also, rather than continue to shit up this thread with "Nuclear War 101", I'd suggest you go over to /k/ and see if you can summon up the resident nuke expert who can explain this shit more thoroughly, and in the mean time, read the wiki articles and their sources
>>
>>46721317
You seem to be under the misconception that there aren't threshold levels here. Release enough energy into the atmosphere via nuclear explosions and their subsequent fallout, and you could change the environment to uninhabitable for years to come.

Rather than continue to shit up this thread with misinformation, I suggest you take your own advice.
>>
>>46721417
>Release enough energy into the atmosphere via nuclear explosions and their subsequent fallou
Do you understand how laughably little energy nuclear weapons, even all of them at once, release compared to a volcano?
>>
>>46721487
The class 8s release about as much energy as the entire payload of the US and Russia combined anon. And those cause mass extinctions. So we're talking about roughly the same scale of energies here. Glad you finally got on my level.
>>
>>46721570
You understand that what about volcanic eruptions that causes mass extinction is not the release of "energy into the atmosphere" but the millions of tons of ash lofted into the upper atmosphere causing global cooling and climatic disruption, right?
>>
Could you faggots fuck off so we can get back to actually talking about star wars rather than this faggot spacebattles.com shit?
>>
>>46721657
you understand I've been talking about the atmospheric catastrophe nukes are this entire time, right?

It's a pretty simple equation though, if you boil it down to energy. Which you attempted to do with your ill conceived volcano comparison (hint: always look at the wiki entry for the thing you're about to reference before you do so, not after!) When comparable amounts of energy are released into the atmosphere or the planet, you're going to get massive devastation, regardless of whether it comes from a volcano, a mass nuclear event, or a meteor.
>>
>>46721736
Alright.
So tell us about new alien species that you've invented for your games, /swg/
>>
>>46721736
Okay. How do I convince my players to leave DnD 5e temporarily and try out this star wars roleplaying?
>>
>>46721902
offer to DM
>>
>>46721944
I'm the perma DM. They're just lazy fucks who don't want to learn a new ruleset. It's weird. When I ask them about new systems, they're like we don't want to learn them. When I tell them why the mechanics of the new system interest me and why I want to try it out, they say well how about we just learn those new mechanics and shoehorn them into 5e instead?
>>
>>46721858
Not exactly NEW, but I've used the zentradi, but not giant and without mechs before
>>
>>46721979
Weird. That particular brand of idiocy is normally only found in 3.PF players
>>
>>46721858
I'm ashamed but I won't lie to you. I have in the past added thinly disguised turians to the game so that a girl I was into could husbindo one. I've already removed one of my fingers as penance
>>
>>46721979
>learn those new mechanics and shoehorn them into 5e instead?
Why are people like this?
>>
File: Light Sabre History-The Alamo 1.jpg (132 KB, 792x1008) Image search: [Google]
Light Sabre History-The Alamo 1.jpg
132 KB, 792x1008
>>46721979
>I'm the perma DM.
Just stop running 5E
The sheer amount of pressure that comes off you as a GM is worth it alone compared to any of the D20 systems. Those things require massive prep time and I always found the 'PC's vs GM mentality' that often goes with them, more disruptive to interesting story lines and overarching plots you might have.
PC's tend to also have a fixation on their D20 characters which is kind of interesting, there's a lot of meta-gaming and stuff that goes on which isn't organic to the game and the ideas of a characters development, it tends to lock them into a certain mindset that is ok for starting roleplayers but at some point they need to divorce themselves from a 'system' and move onto other things that aren't as rigid.
>>
>>46722247
What is it about the star wars games that takes the burden off the GM?

>>46722183
Turians are fun though. As far as sci-fi to borrow from, ME pre 2 and 3 is pretty good.
>>
>>46711857

>Rule of Two

Ok

>One to embody power

Sure

>One to desire it

Okay right

>Apprentice has to kill master to show their stuff and become the master, then take an apprentice

Wait what.

First off, no fucking apprentice is ever going to be properly strong enough to kill their master out and out. It'll be some bullshit assassination shit like poison, or sleep stabbing, or whoops you fell into the pit of spikes and rancors and the one rancor wearing spikes.

This is retarded as fuck. So the master gets challenged, doesn't want to die, kills the apprentice, starts again, decades pass, finally the master Sith gets old and fucks up, that doesn't mean the next Sith is better, it means he was better THEN.

In order for this system to work, it has to be when the master is at the height of his power.

And no one except a Mary Sith is going to be able to kill a master.
>>
>>46711397
It worked for Tortanic era Sith. Especially when the saner sith ended up in charge.
>>
>>46722308
Essentially you offload a lot of the work onto PC's, they need to do decision making on their dice rolls, actions and all that sort of stuff- whereas you just sort of arbitrate it as a referee so to speak instead of the 'evil gm' who's making shit up.

Speaking of making shit up, its really easy to wing-it when stuff begins to to go completely off in some random PC-led direction, the most I've ever had to stop a game for was a 5min 'think' about a major event they managed to trigger off someone's obligation, quickly whipped up some NPC's based off previous events and away we went. Its really quick to run as well, once people figure out what stuff does they can get a lot done in a short amount of time if they're playing well, innovative and coming up with good ideas. You just simply roll with it so to speak :)
Its not entirely a sandbox, you can arbitrate the setting and what they make of your presentation is completely up to them though.
>>
What's a good value of thumb for the value of credits?
>>
>>46722615

Luke sold his speeder for about two thousand.
>>
>>46722615
2-5 modern American dollars. it's really not at all consistent,and it goes completely off the rails when capital ships get involved
>>
>>46722690
>>46722615

Yet a interstellar ship can cost as low as the tens of thousands range.

Basically, it's a crapshoot that, like most anything involving numbers in space opera settings, no one in charge of creating the universe ever bothered to try and keep track of or even set a ballpark for.
>>
>>46722690
He also whined that that was a low price ever since the new models came out.
>>
>>46722701
Just because you can buy the equivalent of a Typhoon submarine for a 1.5mil bucks doesn't mean its crazy, its just built by idiots... like real typhoons are
>>
>>46722805
I meant more that capital ship prices follow no rational pattern, and therefor attempting to link those prices to anything real-world is a fools errand
>>
>>46722805
An Imperial-II Star Destroyer costs 145.67 million credits. Meanwhile, a Ford-class supercarrier costs US$10.44 billion. Starship prices are a bit weird.
>>
>>46722351
>First off, no fucking apprentice is ever going to be properly strong enough to kill their master out and out. It'll be some bullshit assassination shit like poison, or sleep stabbing, or whoops you fell into the pit of spikes and rancors and the one rancor wearing spikes.
>This is retarded as fuck. So the master gets challenged, doesn't want to die, kills the apprentice, starts again, decades pass, finally the master Sith gets old and fucks up, that doesn't mean the next Sith is better, it means he was better THEN.

Exactly. When the Master can no longer survive the constant attempt to usurp him, it is time for him to be replaced.

If an apprentice is so short sighted that they attempt to replace their master prematurely and die in the attempt, then it shows the apprentice was not ready and perhaps a poor choice as an apprentice.
>>
>>46722871
That's a number by some idiot who really doesn't grasp how big Star Destroyers are.
>>
>>46722919
Unfortunately, back when Legends was still canon, that number was the accepted canon figure. Yes, we all know that the vast majority of sci-fi/fantasy/RPG splat book writers have no fucking clue how scale works. People who have the willingness and skill to do calculations like Heinlein did are probably in better-paying jobs.
>>
>>46722896
>Exactly. When the Master can no longer survive the constant attempt to usurp him, it is time for him to be replaced.

Knowing that's how it works, why doesn't a master who's past his prime stop training apprentices?
>>
>>46722871
There could be a sort of point for mass-production, galaxies worth of resources, Palps and the 'mo money' kind of spending sprees might knock the price down when you build a few 1000.
Plus slave labour!
Git'er dun!
>>
File: Untitled-4.jpg (295 KB, 1800x650) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-4.jpg
295 KB, 1800x650
>>46723004
Yeah. Out of curiosity, I threw together this little comparison between the two for size.
1 pixel = 1 meter.
>>
>>46723051
I've always assumed that droids+asteroid mining+galactic-scale economy has simply reduced the materials costs associated with building giant shit to negligibly small levels
>>
>>46723196
That and I sort of imagined something like a CAD-Cam mixed in with production line where you just throw components in one end, 10's of 1000's droids swarm all over it and some time later it shits out a space ship
Its still a massive effort, but not the extent of people running around with old timey rivet guns and welders
>>
>>46723050
Because to become powerful in the dark side is to be constantly tested by battle. To stop letting yourself be tested is to grow weak in the dark side.

But at least in legends, palps thought the rule of 2 was bullshit iirc, and was grooming anakin for permanent apprentice. or something.
>>
>>46723051
Plus the empire built 25,000 ISD ships AT LEAST. That type of economy of scale is fucking insane.

They literally have more star destroyers than the USA has war planes. That's absurd in scope
>>
>>46723335
It helps that the Empire is a galaxy scale civilization.
>>
>>46721902
Hand them the weird dice, tell them "this is what I have for today".

If you are permaDM go ahead and run it. Type out a retard-easy how-to guide, then run them through character creation.
>>
>>46723269
>palps thought the rule of 2 was bullshit iirc

This is the real problem with Rule of Two. It only lasts as long as every master believes in it. There's no one else around to enforce it, or even remember it, if the current master decided not to keep it going.
>>
>>46723335
Its the kind of mental-numbers which break most sci-fi writers.
Most of the investment would be doing the design, getting the resources. But after that they just roll out like Model T's I guess.

Course, the logistics of feeding the crews, fuel and stuff like that is also equally crazy
>>
>>46723426
as far as remembering it goes, there are sith holocrons.
>>
>>46718520
It did, absolutely, no doubt. However, back before the prequels had come out, before I had even learned of the Rule of Two, etc, I just figured that Palps was a greedy asshole and a completely different breed of badass because he didn't have a saber. He seemed more... Wizardly? I dunno. Its an odd thing I can't quite put my finger on.
>>
>>46723392
Exactly, it's kind of crazy to even bother comparing economies of scale.

The empire core worlds (even Naboo tier and higher) are basically post-scarcity. We only hear that people in the absolute hellish bowels of coruscant do things like starve, but even they live sci-fi lives compared to us (probably).

The instant muffins Rey worked for? That's crazy sci fi that they have on a 4th world shithole that looks like Mad Max in spess.

So I'm not surprised that a star destroyer costs that little when you consider that the empire has a rolling bulk order. What's surprising to me is that ties cost 50k, I would think an LN would be more like 25k credits given the empire's order of like 10 million plus.
>>
File: dani.jpg-large.jpg (80 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
dani.jpg-large.jpg
80 KB, 1024x768
Ran mah first game today, lads...

My friend made this character. I liked it a lot.
>>
>>46723050
For what purpose? To live long and die happily near fireplace? Only jedi cuck would choose such a pitiful fate.
>>
>>46723504
LN?

Also tie fighters are basically metal coffins with some engines and guns strapped to them, so they're probably cheaper than their actual pilots.
>>
File: Gungan.jpg (88 KB, 499x599) Image search: [Google]
Gungan.jpg
88 KB, 499x599
>>46723521
lel- that description
>>
File: Clash_of_Titans.png (809 KB, 1115x816) Image search: [Google]
Clash_of_Titans.png
809 KB, 1115x816
>>46723483
This fight should have been entirely with force powers.
>>
>>46723439
Nah feeding people is easy. They have instant muffins, who knows what other stuff they have. And an ISD is ludicrous on size, and they have ports fucking everywhere. They probably have a storage room the size of a car garage that is refrigerated and is the "food storage locker".

The fuel is just a scale issue, and clearly not an issue for the empire. We never exactly see them worrying about keeping the lights on.

The hardest thing would honestly be crewing the ship and ensuring quality work and loyalty. That is an MP nightmare.
>"the fuck do you mean we have 10 sexual harassment incidents a day"
>"our crew is 40,000 strong with a 5:1 make female ratio, what do you expect?
>>
File: 1422351553074.jpg (14 KB, 114x246) Image search: [Google]
1422351553074.jpg
14 KB, 114x246
>>46723521
>Eyes: Dead
Kek
>>
>>46723560
Basic tie model.

I'm just surprised cuz in ffg the xwing is 150 k despite being limited run while ties are 50k
>>
>>46723607
I just kinda assume that part of the giant crew is a full-scale INCIS detachment for this exact reason
>>
File: 1409553591625.gif (871 KB, 245x230) Image search: [Google]
1409553591625.gif
871 KB, 245x230
>>46723521

>Build: Not Attractive
>>
>>46723649
And all those people need trained.... They must have great recruitment posters
>>
>>46723607
hah, fucking spacers are pretty much sci-fi submariners so your problems only start at 'sexual harassment'... the horrors would run MUCH worse.
>>
>>46723521
Danny DeVito, the character.

Fucking love it.

I'm stealing this.
>>
>>46723521
I wanna see the entire sheet.
>>
>>46723439
The fuel costs associated with space travel that we know of probably aren't realistic in a universe with hyperspace. You don't have to burn fuel the entire trip building up a slow acceleration and deceleration.
>>
>>46723710
If you have stories from being an ncis or submariner I'd love to hear, I can't imagine how often people just snap down there
>>
>>46723754
Hyperspace in general slashes prices all around.
>>
>>46723697
they've got a great big recruiting pool. something like 50 billion on Imperial Center alone, plus billions on billions on other planets
>>
>>46723587
Couldn't agree more. I guess the way I felt is that Vader and Palps are in different camps. Vader is the paladin turned blackguard, Palps is the evil necromancer. Kenobi was a former member of the Round Table, and Yoda felt more like Merlin.
>>
>>46723560
You kinda wonder why they don't use droids for their canon fodder fighters. I get that the empire doesn't value human life, but you'd think it would just be cheaper to mass produce a fighter pilot droid brain. Training a human pilot is a significant investment.
>>
>>46722742

Is that really a bad thing? I don't think Star Wars would have been fun if Han stopped the action to give a point by point lesson on the galactic economy.
>>
>>46723778
I've only been a 'tourist' on a sub, not a fancy nuke-powered one either, one of the shitty diesel-elec things that are cramped, smell like grease, an electrical fire and old socks.
Thing with subbies is they're either occupied or bored.
So in the time they're bored they spend fucking with each other, so any combination of pranks and stuff quickly becomes a nightmare. They'll fill your boots with industrial lube, hide stuff in your rack and basically shit on anything you hold dear.

It got to the point we had to post 24-7 guard-duty to avoid 'souvenirs' of our kit!
>>
>>46723873
Droids are too stupid and uncreative like 99% of the time. It's easier to test for the odd soul that has a talent for piloting when you've got literal billions of people to recruit from.
>>
>>46723896
If present day Lucas were to make the OT, he would probably do exactly that.
>>
>>46723873
Probably something to do with the disarmament of the CIS armies and general anti-droid army sentiments left over from the clone wars.
>>
File: ...two threes.jpg (270 KB, 673x576) Image search: [Google]
...two threes.jpg
270 KB, 673x576
>>46723914
>Han: Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.
>Luke: You don’t believe in the Force, do you?
>Han: Look kid, I've flown from one end of this galaxy to the other, and I know one thing: We need to revise our economic thinking to give full value to our natural resources. This revised economics will stabilize both the theory and the practice of free-market capitalism. It will provide business and public policy with a powerful new tool for economic development, profitability, and the promotion of the public good.
>>
>>46724005
>holographic cards
There's a few reasons this is stupid, but I think the most obvious is that your opponent can see your hand.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.