[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you play an RPG based on the Gears of War games?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Gears-of-War.jpg (444 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Gears-of-War.jpg
444 KB, 1920x1080
Would you play an RPG based on the Gears of War games?
>>
>>46696323
sure, just edit one of fantasy flights warhammer 40k rpgs.
>>
>>46696365
I was thinking that or Savage Worlds.
>>
What kind of campaign would you suggest?
>>
>>46697964
High lethality grimderp
>>
Is it even worth doing?
>>
>>46696323
I would but not sure the system, Sounds really pimpin.
>>
>>46696365
>>46698053
So that's two votes for the 40k rpgs, but that makes sense being the most obvious example of rpgs with chainsaw wielding super soldiers
>>
>>46696435
That... makes a surprising amount of sense, with regenerating health and whatnot.
>>
>>46699501
oh?
>>
>>46699476
That feels too easy. Like, it's an obvious choice, how different is a chain sword vs a chain bayonet? But I kind of feel the 40k RPGs have a lot of tacked on shit that would be hard to remove, and Savage Worlds is simpler, with the cover mechanics and regenerating health built in already.
>>
>>46696323
No, the setting is stupid, the characters are one dimensional ultra macho meatheads and the gameplay was boring by the second game.
>>
>>46699659
With savage worlds you have to pick what you include, and with deathwatch or only war you'd be picking out what you don't want to use

Either would probably work fine
>>
>>46696323
if it was just the main 3 games? sure

if we're including EU stuff? fuck no that shits worse than the star wars EU
>>
>>46699476
I've never been clear on whether the gears of war were stupidly beefy by nature or if they were made to be that way
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.