[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Santorini Thread!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: Santorini.jpg (161 KB, 538x479) Image search: [Google]
Santorini.jpg
161 KB, 538x479
Let's play Santorini!

The game I'm about to start will be named 'Thunder'. That mean's if you respond to this game write 'Thunder' at the top of the comment box so people know which game you are playing and people can easily find it using ctrl+f -> thunder. If you want to start your own game just give it another name.

This game will be without Gods. I'll be the first player, Player A. You'll be Player B. I'll place my builders, then you will, then we'll start. You can copy the below layout I'm using. Your letters are your builder and will replace the Xs while they are on that space. You replace the underlines with numbers 1-3 for the levels and a capital O for a dome.

_X _X _X _X _X

_X _X _X _X _X

_X _A _X _X _X

_X _X _X _A _X

_X _X _X _X _X

Have fun and good luck!
>>
bump?
>>
No-one's replying because nobody understands what this is; you need to explain it.
>>
File: 435.gif (3 MB, 680x997) Image search: [Google]
435.gif
3 MB, 680x997
>>46696367
I assumed most people were aware of this game due to the recent hype. The rules are fairly simple.

>Setup
Begin by placing your two Builder pawns on the board. Your opponent then does the same.

>Playing the Game
Players take turns, starting with the player who first placed their Builders. During your turn, you must perform a Move Action, then a Build Action.

-Move Action - Move one of your Builders into an unoccupied Neighboring space (including diagonally). You may move your Builder on the same level, step up a maximum of one level, or step down any number of levels.

-Build Action - Place a block in an unoccupied space neighboring the Builder you moved during your Move Action. Builders cannot Build or Move on top of a Dome.

>You Instantly Win When...
one of your Builders steps up to the third level during your Move Action.
>>
This seems very poorly suited to the image board format.
>>
>>46696544
Should work fine if you don't post pics while also posting your move.
>>
>>46696634
You've already confused me.
>>
>>46696707
I mean if you just post the grid

_X _X _X _X _X
_X _X _X _X _X
_X _A _X _X _X
_X _X _X _A _X
_X _X _X _X _X

it should work fine. People have been playing it like that in the Kickstarter comment section. Could be fun.
>>
>>46696467
>I assumed most people were aware of this game due to the recent hype. The rules are fairly simple.
There has been literally no hype about it. What you perceive as 'hype' is merely you taking more interest in something. Just because you know what it is, don't assume the rest of the internet is blown out of its fucking mind. I still have no idea what you are talking about.
>>
>>46696769
It's a board game that's really successful on KS right now. I guess I made the mistake of assuming that all of /tg/ would share the same mindset as the people in the board game threads.
>>
>>46696840
Cool. Take it to board game general.
>>
>>46694146
>>46696467
This game looks like a lot of fun to play irl
>>
>>46696949
Maybe.

>>46697010
It is. I've been playing it with several people and it's always fun. It's quick, rarely longer than 15 minutes, and challenging enough to keep your mind busy. Really fun little game.
>>
>>46697060
Is it a yuropoor game? it snot showing on Amazon
>>
File: old version.jpg (2 MB, 3008x2000) Image search: [Google]
old version.jpg
2 MB, 3008x2000
>>46697242
The original version came out in 2004 I think and didn't look anything like the new version. It was pretty much just wooden tiles.

The new version is on Kickstarter right now. I would link it but it won't let me. Just google Santorini Kickstarter, that should do it.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.