[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Making the 203rd Cadian Regiment for a Only War game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: Mira_2.jpg (102 KB, 549x550) Image search: [Google]
Mira_2.jpg
102 KB, 549x550
I will hopefully be running an only war game set on graia during the events of space marine, and I wanted to know what tg suggests to use for regiment creation for 203rd and also what commander personality you would use for Based Lieutenant Mira.
>>
>>46688317
No superiors above lieutenant though to the orks onslaught.
>>
>>46688334
Yeah that is why I would be using her as commander, but I can't for the life of me figure out which type to use for her.
>>
On a side note any information on Cadians and the 203rd would be appreciated as the wiki's don't list much other then "they be guard yo"
>>
>>46688425
They seems to have a lot of artillery, valkerys and infantry
>>
>>46688433
an unnatural amount of fucking ordinance for one regiment. But then again they are on a forgeworld maybe they ran into those magpies before they landed planetside.
>>
It also brings up the question of what type of regiment they actually are. Could be mechanized, line infantry or fucking airborne for all I can tell and the multitude of artillery doesn't help figure it out either
>>
>>46688433
A lot of that could be re-appropriated ordinance from the existing Forge-World stock that was going to get shipped off-world but is now stuck planet-side, might as well use it!

Trenches and bunkers though, The 203rd must be a very, very big regiment if it was able to put down so much fortification.
>>
>>46688498
unless the admech/skitraii/the surviving workers helped them
>>
>>46688498
>The 203rd must be a very, very big regiment if it was able to put down so much fortification.
That's what the peasants are for m8
>>
>>46688498
Rmember that the invasion has been going on for 9 days when the Ultramarines arrives
>>
>>46688515
True but then it got lampshaded when the guardsman tried to get a Basilisk operational and was frustrated that there were no Techpriests present at all.

I get the feeling that the 203rd arrived in time to get slaughtered but not to do anything to support the local forces who were clearly overwhelmed rather quickly.

Any campaign that the OP makes using the 203rd could feature the first days as the last AdMec defenses crumble leaving the guardsmen to hold the line.
>>
>>46688498
Most of it is undoubtedly local equipment, but the problem is that we don't know what is theirs and what is the locals, so we don't know what type of regiment they are and how they normally operate.
>>
Also listen to some of the audio logs, that might help you OP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csPIlLsPKpc
>>
>>46688560
OP here. That was the idea, to start when the 203rd lands and hold the line until the end (with the occasional cameo from titus) but I would hope they don't realize its Graia until when the ultramarines show up. Give them that sudden moment of realisation as to what is about to happen etc
>>
>>46688560
of course instead of focusing on the smurf's, it would be the guards story. what They did to win the planet, only hearing of what titus did afterwards or during in the background.
>>
>>46688573
That was actually really helpful. the emprah smiles on you child
>>
>>46688573
That's pretty useful. Thanks anon.

>also, spells out "Lieutenant"
>still pronounces it "Left-Tenant"
And Brits give us Americans shit
>>
>>46689217
It's still written as lieutenant in bongistan.
>>
>>46689491
That's the point! It doesn't even make sense! You intentionally have to read the word wrong to comply with the "socially accepted" pronunciation.
>>
>>46689217
>>46689491
>>46691125

Based on a French word introduced by various kings and nobility who spoke French. Like many French-based words (beef for example) we adapted the pronunciation for our working class tongues. It's our own way of still sticking it to the French after all these years!!
>>
>>46691213
It's alright. We hate you too.
>>
File: 5f7af3aec8d6dcad37579893a249eb6f.jpg (345 KB, 1024x1448) Image search: [Google]
5f7af3aec8d6dcad37579893a249eb6f.jpg
345 KB, 1024x1448
>>46688317
Fortress World 3
Maverick 2
Line Infantry 2
Die-hards 3
Sharpshooters 4
Well-Provisioned 3
Doomed -7

One uniform
One set of poor weather gear
One M36 lasgun (Main Weapon), and six charge packs
One knife
One flak vest
One rucksack or sling bag
One set of basic tools
One mess kit and one water canteen
One blanket and one sleep bag
One rechargeable lamp pack
One grooming kit
One set of cognomen tags or equivalent identification
One primer or instructional handbook
Combat sustenance rations, four weeks’ supply
One suit of Imperial Guard flak armour, three frag grenades and three krak grenades.
One Micro-bead
One Respirator
One Photo-visor
One Auspex per squad
>>
>>46694792
>Doomed

Nigguh , Have you not played the game, a squad of those bastards can cut down hoards of orks. its so bull shit.
>>
>>46695110
They can. But ultimately they are cut off from reinforcements, outgunned, and doomed.
>>
>>46695110
When do they do that? I remember having to wade face-first into combat just to keep three or four ork boyz from busting into the line and killing them all.
>>
Maybe all you find during the game is the Warboss' elite bodyguard. Same with Nemeroth's.

Meanwhile, elsewhere in the planet but not too far from the shit going on, massive firefights.
>>
If I remember correctly they have scopes as standard for there Lasguns instead of bayonets
>>
>>46694792
Yeah I was torn between Maverick and Choleric for Mira, I mainly want to get the fluff right. But from memory they had a fair few vox casters. Might be worth throwing in one per squad.
>>
>>46694792
Favored basic weapon: Plasma Gun
Favored heavy weapon: Heavy Bolter (with tripod?)
>>
>>46688498
From the audio logs it sounds as if the skitarii put up a damned hard fight against the orks before being overwhelmed, I've assumed that the 203rd at most expanded upon the fortifications they left in an improvised manner.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.