[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are Space Marines the blandest faction in WH40K? Dog shit army
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7
File: space marines.jpg (9 KB, 266x190) Image search: [Google]
space marines.jpg
9 KB, 266x190
Are Space Marines the blandest faction in WH40K? Dog shit army that relies purely on ''heresy'' and ''for the emprah'' memery because they have nothing to offer who the fuck wants to play religious zealots? They are buzzkills. Everything is fucking sinful to them.
>>
>>46672847
>who the fuck wants to play religious zealots?

Well there goes every faction except the nids.
>>
File: 1449870774044.png (22 KB, 360x461) Image search: [Google]
1449870774044.png
22 KB, 360x461
>>46672847
>>
>>46673040
>Necrons being zealots
>or Dark Eldar
>or Tau
>or Orks

kek
>>
>>46673081
>Deldar do what they do to avoid Slaanesh

>fanatically acting for or because of a god

>Necrons who reduced their souls to near nothing and gave up their bodies for giant space jellyfish things they worshipped as gods

>Tau following their dogma in the same way one would a religion for the Ethereal caste, fanatically

>Orks

>not worshipping Gork and/or Mork at all time

You'z a grot.
>>
>>46673081
>Necrons
GET OFF MY LAWN OR DIE!
>Dark Eldar
You're going to be tortured to death so my god doesn't eat me
>Tau
FOR THE GREATER GOOD!
>Orks
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

All pretty zealous, all but one with religious connotations, even if they do have gods.
>>
>>46673188
Slaanesh is not ''their'' god they don't revere him/her, WAAGH! has nothing to do with religion Orks fight all the time, Tau don't seem to even have a religion.
>>
>>46672847
>Are Space Marines the blandest faction in WH40K?
That's exactly the reason why they're in the game.
That's the reason why any human faction is in any game ever. So that people have someone they can identify with. Apparently many people can't identify with Xeno characters.
>>
>>46673265
Dunno, it's easier to identify with Eldar or Tau than Space Marines. They're less human, especially in emotional terms.
>>
>>46672847
The Tau are the blandest faction. Not even a hater, they're just pretty goddamn one-note in most every aspect.
>>
>>46673081
Zealous: Having or showing Zeal.
Zeal: great energy or enthusiasm in pursuit of a cause or an objective.
They are all zealous in their own way.
>>
>>46673414
By that stupid logic basketball players are zealots and can be compared to crusaders.
>>
File: GIJoeHeader.jpg (59 KB, 580x270) Image search: [Google]
GIJoeHeader.jpg
59 KB, 580x270
If you want something less bland for the Imperial Guard... Make Imperial Guardsman Joe and his battle buddies into the new 40k Guardsman meme.

To be honest, I'd actually love to see that, art wise and campaign wise.
>>
>>46672847
I think I spent more time deciding what image I want to post than you did researching space marines
>>
>>46673223
>Slaanesh is not ''their'' god
Oh, but he is, whether they like it or not.
>>
>>46673223
The Tau blindly follow the word of the Ethereals and the Ork WAAAGH! is their homage to Gork and Mork.
>>
>>46673481
That most certainly can apply to obsessive sports fans and highly driven sports players.
>>
>>46673854
>That most certainly can apply to obsessive sports fans
Here you go, you've just called Orks zealots
>>
>>46673988
They're zealous enough that they can make weapons fire without firing mechanisms and red ships go faster because they believe they should.
>>
>>46673223

The entire existence of the Dark Eldar revolves around making sure a god doesn't eat them.

The Ork WAAAGHS have *literally* been described on multiple occasions in fluff as being a mix between mob hooliganism and a jihad.

The Tau base their entire lives around the Greater Good, and essentially live in a theocracy with the Ethereals as the priest-kings at the top.
>>
>>46672847
Yes, but don't worry the "for the emprah! heresy!" memers will be here any moment to circle the wagon.
>>
>>46674044
I'd say that's pretty damn zealous kek

I wonder, what properties does Duct Tape possess to Orks?
>>
>>46674130
>an ork ship is 80% duct tape, 10% engines, 10% power and 100% dakka
>>
>>46674174
>start handing out outfits made entirely of duct tape to Ork armies instead of actual armor
>Orks trade a shipload of power armor for a few rolls of duct tape
>entire Ork battalions clothed and armored in nothing but duct tape are unstoppable
>>
And you know what the best part is?

>duct tape comes in multiple colors
>>
>>46674267
Unkillable so nice speed orks and Unkillable invisible orks

I can get behind this
>>
>>46674465
>so nice
I'm sorry my phone can't into auto-correct
>>
>>46674486
This is why I always turn off auto-correct and similar functions on my phone. If I typo I'm gonna fucking typo, at least what I'm typing won't sound like awkward gibberish or completely change in meanings lol
>>
>>46673164
>near nothing
Literally nothing.
The worship aspect is kinda iffy now though; they're still referred to as star-gods and godlike, but the Newcron dexes present the pact with the C'tan as an alliance, which the C'tan ended up taking charge of when the Necrontyr were transformed.
>>
>>46673188
What is it with 40k and all those sayings?
>>
>>46674731
Some Crons have always retained personality, even oldcrons some of them were distinct in the ways they acted.

And newcrons a shit anyway.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6m2kGtbDOc

says you
>>
>>46674760
That's just how those factions roll.
>>
>>46674760
stupid neckbeards love parroting ebin things
>>
>>46674760
only appeals to memer kiddos
>>
>>46673988
Orks are zealous though.
They fight religious wars over who is Gork and who is Mork and which one is better.
>>
File: 07.jpg (987 KB, 1156x1621) Image search: [Google]
07.jpg
987 KB, 1156x1621
>>46674781
A soul reflects a being's personality but it does not = personality in itself (unless used as such in the poetic sense). At least that's how it is according to whatever rules this part of the fluff has chosen to play by. As far as Newcrons are concerned, the amount of personality retained after conversion depended simply on the quality of the Necron body - the nobles naturally claiming the best ones for themselves - rather than strength of will, and for better or worse, Newcrons are what we have now. The Necrons' literal loss of their souls is also repeatedly emphasised as a major plot point.

Or was. The latest codex still mentions their soullessness but drastically decreased the focus on it, and saw fit to throw some extra confusion into the mix by suggesting that "near nothing" may actually be correct after all, or at least a possibility.

Either way, your typical self-aware Necron now is going to be far more zealous about racial - and for the nobles especially personal - glory than any so-called gods. Then there's the Destroyers who are still godless but pretty fanatical about both hating and destroying all life, even though emotions are supposed to be a weakness or something.

>>46675769
Which is very silly indeed since the answer is obviously Mork.
>>
>>46674957
yes, keep believing that until you are grown up and you do everyone who wants to sell you something or influence you a solid.

Slogans are not literally everywhere because they are effective only on children.
>>
>>46672847
Are Orks the blandest faction in WH40K? Dog shit army that relies purely on "WAAAGH" or "ZOG" memery because they have nothing to offer who the fuck wants to play bloodthirsty retards? They are buzzkills. Everything is fucking unorky to them.
>>
>>46674731
>but the Newcron dexes present the pact with the C'tan as an alliance, which the C'tan ended up taking charge of when the Necrontyr were transformed.

Novels portray the Necrons worshipping the C'tan and building temples in their honour.
>>
>>46672847
Definitely the blandest.

But that is mostly due to GW being inable to resist sucking that marine cock every other army release...
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.