[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How cool would an Oz tabletop game be? I'd play it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 288x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 288x400
How cool would an Oz tabletop game be?

I'd play it
>>
File: OzmaPortrait.jpg (617 KB, 714x1000) Image search: [Google]
OzmaPortrait.jpg
617 KB, 714x1000
>>46665924
>How cool would an Oz tabletop game be?
Pretty cool.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/4s9edn97ycpac9n/Adventures+In+Oz+-+Fantasy+Roleplaying+Beyond+the+Yellow+Brick+Road+%282010%29.pdf
>>
>>46665924
Also check out https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Zorcerer_of_Zo.
>>
>>46667830
>uses PDQ

Nice.
>>
File: 21.gif (41 KB, 290x496) Image search: [Google]
21.gif
41 KB, 290x496
>>46666583
I've always had a question regarding Ozma - where did the N go?

Also, Volkov's Wizard of the Emerald City hexalogy is superior to Oz books.

Just to reiterate how awesome it is, I'll describe the brief synopsis.

The first book is about Elly, the expy of Dorothy, and her adventure to th Emerald City with Tin Man, Scarescrow and the Lion, you know, the usual stuff, barely any stuff changed.

The second book is about a shut-in NEET named Urfin Jus (his name is Jus, and he has a big nose, geddit?) discovering a wonder-plant, the powder of which animates wood and makes it semi-sentient. He makes the army of wooden soldiers and conquers the Magic Land (Oz by ano other name), and Elly has to return to the Magic Land to free it.
It's just as awesome as it sounds.

The third book is about an underground kingdom of 7 kings that drink "sleeping water" that causes amnesia to rule the land consecutively, so as not to fight for power. Ellie travels to it with her boyfriend accidentally, and accidentally causes all 7 kings to sleep at once and forget that they are kings.
Silent revolution ensues.

The fourth is about the same shut-in NEET as the second book, who manages to become the "god" of a barbarian tribe by showing them how to use fire, and uses said tribe to order the Magic Land again.
His plans get fucked again by the Ellie's sister - Annie and her boyfriend.

The fifth book is about a giantess wizardress awaking from a thousand years slumber, and casting "the yellow fog" plague all over the
The Magic Land citizens build a giant fuckhuge mecha with the help of outsiders (Annie and her friends) and Urfin Jus who turned good, and proceed to beat the wizardess shit.

The sixth book is the only one that's not awesome, and it involves aliens trying to conquer the failing land and getting fucked with amnesia water from the third book, thanks to alien collaborationists.

And literally every book besides the sixth one is actually well-written and fucking awesome.
>>
File: 4_obl.jpg (163 KB, 900x1166) Image search: [Google]
4_obl.jpg
163 KB, 900x1166
>>46668176
It also has some of the most kickass simple art in kids' books.
>>
>>46668176

This is all fine and well but do these books have sex changing magic? Because if not I don't think I can read them.
>>
>>46668176
>I've always had a question regarding Ozma - where did the N go?
Huh?
>>
>>46668460
A-M, O-Z. Where did the N go?
>>
>>46668485
Oh, I geddit.

There are a few people in the setting with "Oz" in their names.
>>
>>46668509
Yeah, I know. It's just a joke on the origins of the Oz naming.

It's funny how Baum wrote such a stellar first book, then a tolerable second book and then everything kinda went down the shitter.
>>
I also enjoyed this past week's episode of RuPaul's Drag Race.
>>
>>46669153
Robbie had to go, but Derrick has no idea what sewing is.
>>
>>46668176
>his name is Jus, and he has a big nose, geddit?
Are you serious?
Did the russian author really make a pun on "Orphan Jews"?
>>
>>46670673
Does the Russian word for "orphan" even sound like "orphan"?

I assume anon is just /pol/estroking.
>>
>>46670967
Nope, it doesn't. Russian word is "cиpoтa", pronounced as "see"-"rut"-"ah".
>>
File: lanternman.png (703 KB, 538x770) Image search: [Google]
lanternman.png
703 KB, 538x770
>>
I don't get it. What's the appeal of the setting?
>>
>>46675052
>I don't get it. What's the appeal of the setting?
You ever read the Oz books?

Not "watched the 1939 movie or the nightmare fuel of Return to Oz", but actually read the Baum books?
>>
I once made armies and Hero characters in the old Warlords 3 construction kit.
You know the main players like Dorothy, the Wizard, Tick-toc and The Lion with some of the armies being lessor scarecrows and mechanical men, munchkins etc with the plethora of "artifacts" you could also have as spoils. - all with shitty or modified sprite art.
- It's on a floppy somewhere.
If I had read Frank Bredor's Hatter books at the time I would have done the same.
(also better than these damned Huntsman and Alice movies)
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.