[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rate your group, out of ten. What do you think about them? Do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: 38siufhaf.jpg (41 KB, 652x435) Image search: [Google]
38siufhaf.jpg
41 KB, 652x435
Rate your group, out of ten.

What do you think about them? Do you like them? Do you dislike them? Do they ever cause you grief?
>>
5/10

The DM second guesses everything I say and literally doesn't give a shit about how many rules his bro-y friend playing with us breaks.
I swear to god.
>>
2/10. Game started out great, cool concept, cool players, cool plot, but then the GM got lazy and it devolved into his magical realm.
>>
>>46663858
That's quite a leap in quality. What happened? Are you sure he's inserting his fetishes in the game?
>>
>>46663877
GM's a pretty hard worker, but he's reeally ADHD. We went from 6-hour long sessions with plenty of fun and plot, to way shorter ones. And I'm very sure he's inserting his fetishes into the game, because there's no reason why 3/5 major NPC's should crossdress. Not to mention the numerous fade to black's we've had.
>>
I would say of the 4 players, 3 of them are actually committed to this story.

The 4th player is only there to hit stuff and derail plot.

Decided to start a new 5e game. Gave everyone the basics of the world and told them to create where they are from, their society, back ground, everything, and I would mold it all into the world and its lore.

One player, who has literally never heard of Elder Scrolls, creates basically the Kahjit. Which is cool with me, He's knew to the game but has jumped in feet first and is excited to play his character and see where the story goes.

Second player creates an order of Knights dedicated to searching out and defeating anyone who would abuse magic and use it for their own twisted purposes. He's a long time player, knows the rules well and is a team player.

Third player, with the help of the fourth, creates a resort like place that is home to not only arcane but also divine spell casters who believe that magic comes from the same source for both. He's really good at figuring out my puzzles and great at combat tactics. He could use some work on his roleplaying skills but overall I like him as a player.

Fourth player. Oh boy. He helped Third player create their retreat/monastery. And that's where it ended for him. He likes to add chaos to any situation just because he can. I can never tell if he's legitimately going along with the story and helping out or planning his next move to fuck it all up. Literally already derailed one whole game that caused everyone to kill each other when they were forced to choose sides. The one good thing I'd say about him is he forces me to think quick and on the spot.

Overall I'd give them a 7/10
>>
7/10, mostly new players so some are still uncommitted, but things are picking up now that they've got some time under their belts.
>>
I have 3 people in my group.
Player 1: REALLY into roleplaying and does voices and stuff. Writes 3 pages of backstory over night from session to session. But a little too enthusiastic during character creation.
>Can i be a baron and have 200gp to start with?
>Can i have a free warhorse?
>Can i have dragon wings allthough im lvl 1?
Player 2: Quiet and only plays GENERIC characters
>Wood elf ranger or rouge
>High elf Wizard
>Goliath Barbarian
No real depth. Never gets any inspiration tokens
Player 3: Only plays Chaotic Evil characters. Tiefling Warloc. Human Barbarian who murdured his family and escaped the authorities. Instead of helping the wounded he cast a spell of minor illution and makes the wound look healed.
They are total fags but we get by. 6/10
>>
File: 1450416011310.jpg (158 KB, 1024x743) Image search: [Google]
1450416011310.jpg
158 KB, 1024x743
>>46663811
9/10

They can't get together once a week. Otherwise, they are polite, friendly, creative and enthusiastic. We always have fun. Even "bad sessions" and the "that guys" of our group tend to still be at least amusing. The only bad thing is that we can't meet as regularly as I like.

We were all friends before we started gaming, go figure.
>>
6/10. Irregular scheduling, sticks to a module even after everyone including the DM expresses dissatisfaction. One player all but officially dropped. One very good player, one bad one, me, and the missing one.

A 6 is about right, yeah.
>>
Solid 7/10 but having more than two players would be nice for a change.
>>
Five players, 6/10. They're good when they're not distracted.
>Experienced guy who's apparently always juggling multiple games at a time, idles frequently
>Other cool player, writes a lot of backstory and keeps the game fresh. Professional attitude, Love his work
>This guy who should probably be GM'ing, but doesn't want to. Fairly chill, plans to a level of extreme detail
>Other dude who writes good. Fun to be around, tends to get distracted easily though
>Last guy is a mixed bag. Roleplaying skulls are just okay, Writes a lot without thinking. Just needs some work?
They're all far more experienced than I am, so it's a but nerve-wracking
>>
>>46663811
>Rate your group, out of ten.
It doesn't exist, so sqrt(-1) out of 10.
>>
7/10
Nice people, inexperienced but eager to learn. I just have one grievance, one of my players has a live in boyfriend that smokes weed all the time, normally I'm not one to judge but I've recently applied to be a cop so I told my group, that I would rather host games at my house. My player twigged straight away that it was because of her boyfriend so now there is tension. Other than that its all good.
>>
Group 1: 7.5/10
>Been playing over 2 years now, rarely miss sessions.
>They're invested in the campaign, they don't seem to get bored even when it's not very good, and their characters are consistently interesting.
>They are perfectly happy to roleplay literally everything, including basic merchant transactions and are fine with the slow pace of our game that doesn't have combat all that often.
>One player takes notes for every session, including recording NPCs, places, and other stuff.
>The problem is, life is starting to tax them. Some players are finding it hard to stay awake through our sessions due to their late timeframe.

Group 2: 5/10ish, maybe 5.5 on a good day.
>The group is significantly less energetic and invested, which kinda makes DMing roleplay scenes a lot less enjoyable.
>Everything that happens to them just seems to fall flat. Nothing really excited them, except the promise of combat.
>One player literally asks when they're gonna level up. A lot.
>Their form of humor is more interruption and disarming any sort of dramatic moment.
>They do try, sometimes, and they are mostly really into roleplay when they do it, they're just not very good.
>They try to do voices, but half-ass it.
>They asked me to help them record the game for people to watch, and then proceeded to be the least entertaining people possible. This, I think, is the worst crime.
>>
8/10 we meet on fucking Wednesday evenings and play through midnight.

DM is new but it is fun to help him out and be part of something fresh.

Player 1 plays drsgonborn every time despite his class. But keeps playing them extremely differently and is effective in combat.
B
Player 2 plays quietly but jumps into rp times excitedly. Builds mechanically underwhelming characters and has died more than the rest of us total.

Player 3 is a cocklord who always rps as an idiot and has to be babysitted near delicate situations.

Player 4 is constantly cooking food for us IRL and is responsible for all of our weight gain, loves rping and Knight characters. Almost always gets a stronghold.
>>
>>46664252
>My player twigged straight away that it was because of her boyfriend so now there is tension.

"Yes. Yes it is. You got a fucking problem with that?"
>>
>>46663811
DM: Generally a good guy, takes most of his ideas from books and mythology. Doesn't really plan out his campaigns further than a few sessions ahead, but it's not a big deal. Used to rail road, fudge dice and DMPC, but thankfully doesn't any more. I'd say his biggest issue is that he seems to lose interest in campaigns, then abandons them and starts a new one semi-frequently. As a result I don't think we've ever gotten past level 8, and he always has us start as level 1 characters. 8/10

Player no. 1: Gets really into role playing, but doesn't understand the rules very well. Usually makes kind of underpowered characters as a result, and he gets antsy when I try to tell him that multi-classing 3 ways or whatever is a bad idea. Although he often plays morally "good" characters, he'll often do some kind of evil/selfish stuff until the DM reminds him that he's playing a good character. Otherwise his role playing skills are pretty good and he does have some skill as an actor. 7/10

Player no. 2: Tends to play a lot of obvious rip offs of TV/movie/game/anime characters. When he's not, some of them on paper are kind of mary sues but he doesn't play them that way. Also has a tendency towards selfish characters, but he will play neutral characters to reflect this at the very least. Otherwise a decent role player, but is more in it for the combat and loot than roleplaying specifically. 5.5/10

Player no. 3: Probably makes the most original characters, but he can't really role play very well. I think he just lacks the confidence to act properly. He probably understands the game the best (other than maybe myself), and as a result tends to make very useful characters. The weird thing, however, is that I don't really understand what he gets out of TTRPGs. He sort of just goes along with what's happening but doesn't seem particularly excited by plot, loot, role playing or combat. He's not bad, he's just kinda quiet and a little bit boring. 6/10
>>
8/10, they're a bunch of idiots but they're easy enough to get along with.
>>
>>46664309
Thats exactly what I said. But then I may have taken it too far, she got confrontational and said, "its nothing to do with smoking, you just don't like him." To which I said "of course, he does nothing but mope about and sulk all day, why would anyone like him" which I will admit was a bit personal but we seem to have moved past it now.
>>
>Second player creates an order of Knights dedicated to searching out and defeating anyone who would abuse magic and use it for their own twisted purposes.

So he's just killing every single wizard in existence?
>>
File: WP_20150214_001.jpg (2 MB, 2000x3552) Image search: [Google]
WP_20150214_001.jpg
2 MB, 2000x3552
>>46663811
6/10

We're mostly shit, but it's fun to meet up and shoot the shit while we ax the fuck out of bad guys.
>>
File: 1459630776893.jpg (891 KB, 1500x1100) Image search: [Google]
1459630776893.jpg
891 KB, 1500x1100
>>46663811
I'd say a solid 8/10, verging on 9/10 once we get more experience under our belt. I started off thinking i was gonna forever GM but multiple people have taken up the plate since then, and while we all have a lot of learning to do, i think as a whole group we have improved over time. One play does get kind of pissed when things don't go his way and sometimes lashes out at the GM (especially when he loses control ala being or crit fails) but we've talked to him about it and he's working on it, i hope.
>>
6/10
>have a regular group that we play a lot of games with
>4 of us have worked out we really enjoy playing and running together
>a couple of the others not so much, ever game they turn up with a Mary Sue or a murder hobo
>play rapid succession of short games to test a bunch of settings and get to know a few new additions to said group
>murder hoboism and Mary Suedom has intensified

Feels bad man. But how do you tell good friends that they're becoming more and more like That Guy as time goes on?
>>
6/10, maybe 7/10 on our best days. Our DM is pretty good, one of our players is really good, two are there mostly to bullshit and socialize and occasionally roll dice (but at least they care enough to learn the systems, even if they dont add much or drive conversation/plot forward themselves), and then I'd say I'm pretty average in that I understand the games and come prepared to play/RP and will interact well most of the time. I'm a little shy.

Our really good player is a former theater kid so she is always first to jump on board the RP train and if I join in usually we can sorta cajole more-than-one-word answers out of the other two. Our DM is fun and inventive but a little bit slow and can be distracted sometimes, and sometimes when he is really proud of something he thought up he'll go to great lengths to shoehorn it in... which would be fine if he was better at making it fit a little less obviously. I don't think he's very railroady but once in a while he really wants to show off a thing he thought up and if we're too into whatever else we're doing and fail to notice the cues for that, he makes it really obvious. Usually the good player and I try to notice and jump on board before it becomes too apparent because we want him to get to have the fun of using his set piece/npc/whatever (at least I do, her motivation might be different, i dont know)

Anyway I'd say 6/10 because 2/4 players can be sorta limp half the time, and i could be more outgoing, and our DM sometimes has weak spots at joining pieces together on the fly seamlessly. If any of us smarten up for a given day, we're a 7/10. I've never seen all of us be perfect to get a higher score than that but I guess that's possible too.
>>
>>46663811

6.5/10

Player One: A nice dude who is always super polite and good at roleplay, but doesn't provide a hell of a lot to develop his character with. He is so nice even his more neutral or evil characters become good guys because he can't justify killing people in person.

Two: Older of two brothers. Total bro. Super fucking good at RP and gets really into the games. Accidentally built a combat powerhouse in his first character, but lets other people have their moments to shine. If only all players were as awesome as him.

Three: Two's younger bro. A natural GM. Should be doing it full time. A little too OCD sometimes but it works for the most part. Gets a little too concerned with making new characters, which lends to GMing better.

Four: Pretty laid back dude but also munchkins/power games a bit. Easy enough to curb by wrecking his character when he does it, since he is aware of the rules he doesn't try dumb shit. Is really disorganized and doesn't send info enough.

Five: Here he is. That Guy. Dark, brooding, edgelord characters who just want to torture and kill all the time. Have to use some fucking RUSSIAN TEENAGE LEVEL MENTAL GYMNASTICS to work out why he would even be with the party/why they would accept him. Asspulls heaps of random shit like "Oh I have this ability/power now" right when it suits. Tolerate the cunt cause he's from a fucked up home and has literally no one else in his life who gives him the time of day. Trying to help him realize it's a group thing and his character is ONE of FIVE who need time to shine, but when he sees something cool he want to do it as well, which is really irritating. He is a full 2.5 points of the 3.5 missing.
>>
0/10
I have no playgroup.
If anyone is in Paris, France, let me know.
>>
7/10

8 players. 4 of them are god tier (one really experienced, one took improv classes and two of the girls just get really into the roleplay)

2 are okay. Get a little distracted and don't roleplay as much, but nothing to complain about.

2 are shit tier. Party would be 9/10 if it weren't for them but unfortunately I'm stuck with them for various reasons.
>>
>>46664995
Tell them straight ahead. Next week pur Group decided to bench one of our friends for the rest of the year, its the third campaign he succeed in disrupting the party by killing everyone they meet; all he cares is rolling dices. A pity, cause the other 2 players are a solid 8/10
>>
8/10 I guess. Almost perfect in every way except for choice in games we play. Also I'm the only regular male player, so apart from some expected discomfort, I also feel like I'd enjoy things more having another guy/guy perspective present.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.