[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Palladium General - Fuck it, figure out a theme yourselves
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 18
File: rifts.jpg (105 KB, 500x625) Image search: [Google]
rifts.jpg
105 KB, 500x625
Are you fighting the Gargoyles of Austria?

Resisting a god-machine mechanical virus in your bioengineered power armor?

Or just a drifter trying to avoid getting killed by a ghost?

Rifts, BTS, Splicers, Dead Reign, Heroes Unlimited, Fantasy and more.

PDFs:

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/1dsdr28ic5vk0/Palladium
>>
File: rifts_bikini_by_mumah.jpg (265 KB, 758x1000) Image search: [Google]
rifts_bikini_by_mumah.jpg
265 KB, 758x1000
Is cheesecake or serious art more true to the spirit of Rifts?
>>
Definitely cheesecake.
>>
>>46661206
Not a fan of rifts but heroes unlimited soaks my panties
>>
>>
>>46663046
That book was so good. I liked the random chart for rolling monsters in the first edition book though.
>>
File: the_german_by_seothen-d4sn9w4.jpg (219 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
the_german_by_seothen-d4sn9w4.jpg
219 KB, 800x800
>>
>>46663955

I referenced that book alot for my superhero campaign.
>>
>>46666154

Is that in the pdf?

I feel like splicers deserves more attention but sadly lost a lot of players by trying to be a standalone, when it really would have worked best as a rifts dimension book.
>>
Sometimes I think Phase World would have worked better as a stand-alone RPG rather than as a set of Rifts Dimension books.
>>
>>46669031
I feel this about all dimension books. I hate how all of their setting are all part of each other. I also love it
>>
File: blush.png (35 KB, 160x268) Image search: [Google]
blush.png
35 KB, 160x268
>>46661807
WHO ARE YOU?

YOU ALWAYS POST THIS RAUNCHY SHIT AND I WANT TO BE FRIENDS WITH YOU
>>
File: vegetables.png (60 KB, 317x276) Image search: [Google]
vegetables.png
60 KB, 317x276
>>46671228
ALSO, I LOVE HEROES UNLIMITED AND I THINK YOU WOULD BE A GOOD EDITION TO OUR GROUP MAYBE
>>
>>46671228
>>46671321
NO FUCK YOU I WANT THEM FOR MY ERP SUPERHEROES GAME!
>>
File: kW6AEN3.jpg (599 KB, 2448x1836) Image search: [Google]
kW6AEN3.jpg
599 KB, 2448x1836
>>46671382
Let's see who he responds to then, fucker.
>>
>>46671505
Lets fucking see who they respond to cuntboy
>>
>>46671542
>>46671505

sup niggas?
>>
>>46671784
Hey homeslice, wanna play some games?
>>
>>46671784
Yo, feel like playing a supers game to have lewdness and ERP on the side after characters are established?
>>
Has anyone played Recon? How is it?
>>
>>46671859
what system?
>>
>>46672370
P-palladium...?
Heroes unlimited?
>>
Am I crazy or is the whole "street" game palladium is announcing basically gangs and corrupt cops, the rpg?
>>
>>46674545

I'm curious what a crazy Midwestern white guy is going to do with the gangs of Detroit and Chicago genre.
>>
>>46661206
I really want to get back into Rifts but i just can't get past how stupid and inflexible the skill/OOC/RCC system is.

>Dog Boys are racially incapable of learning to use a bicycle or canoe, good for them because if they learn how to paddle a canoe they get executed
>Dog boys can never use power armor even if NG makes power armor specifically for them
>Half the classes literally incapable of learning to read. EVER.
>Can make TW Robot from scratch. Can NEVER learn how to pilot it or even turn it on.
>Drive construction equipment all your life and want to learn to drive a tank that is literally identical to your bulldozer except it has guns? Nope, can't ever do that.
>If you are one of the lucky minority of classes that can learn to ride a bicycle it is EXACTLY as hard to learn to use as a $40 million nuclear powered battle robot that can fly in outer space.
>'I can do field repairs and modifications on a active nuclear reactor but putting on a suit of power armor is beyond my puny brain"
>Can't change OOC to get new skills. Half the NPC characters have one or more OOCs.

The whole Palladium skill system is so idiotic and inflexible that it is really impossible to suspend disbelief, even for fantasy settings. It is Varg tier stupidity, having every last bit of your characters make up get railroaded like that. Especially because none of the NPCs have that sort of limitation.
>>
>>46677084
That's... That's not how skills work...
Most of those skills, things like driving a car, handling a weapon, riding a bike are something every person can do. The rules actually state this much. The only time the %comes into play is when time is limited or characters are under pressure. You could ride a bike around the block, but you couldn't do it as easily under heavy machine gun fire or while a glitterboy is firing on you. Get it?

A smart GM should know where the line is for this kind of thing like no, everyone cannot attempt Astro physics while they are not under pressure, but anyone could drive a car when they are just out driving around.

A lot of your complaints are actually clearly addressed. Heroes unlimited was a great rule condensing book that explained this pretty simply.

But you shouldn't need a good GM to have fun in a system. Every system should be so good that the GM can be terrible. Right?

Probably a terrible system. Even if the people in the game are having fun. Fuck those people their having fun wrong!
>>
>>46677084
Can't Dog Boys have OCCs besides Dog Boy?

Or did my GM lie to me?
>>
>>46661807
> Rifts
> Heroes Unlimited

I think you could get a better Rifts game if you complemented it with HU. For example, I played around with the idea that this "Rifts Unlimited" game could have problems with characters who develop super abilities as much as they develop psychic powers - perhaps some of each. So I made a character creation table for rolling for random super abilities and/or psychic abilities based off of the Mutant and Random Psychic Power tables. Turned out pretty slick if you asked me. I'll post it when I find it again and have the time.
>>
Savage World Rifts Kickstarter when?
>>
>>46680879
04/26/2016
>>
>>46680316

There are rules for retraining as another OCC in the GM's guide, I believe.

Basically you have to gain a level, you lose most of your past skills and start at "1st level" as the new OCC
>>
>>46683586
That sounds about right.

All I know is when I first played Rifts my GM gave me all the Dog Boy abilities but let my character have the Wilderness Scout OCC, since my character wasn't a Coalition Dog Boy but a feral.
>>
>>46683622

There's a lot of allowances for that. Honestly you can mix and match OCCs and RCCs if you want and nobody thinks it's being too cheesy.
>>
For CHINA.
>>
>>46680316
>>46680316
Dog boy is a RCC/PCC not a OCC. So your Dog boy can't ever learn to ride a bicycle because no mutant dog can ever learn any pilot skill. Yes the Lone star book mentions dog boys who are robot and power armor pilots and NG makes dog boy power armor but your character can't ever do that. You can't ever learn to use a canoe either.

>>46678883
That is exactly how skills work. According to the rules you can be a a super competent gunslinger who can do supernatural trick shots with a pistol but if you didn't take WP energy rifle you literally don't know how to operate a energy rifle, to the point that you don't know how to load the identical e clip into the rifle. Because although the e clips are identical and are loaded in exactly the same way you don't know how to load it because you don't have WP energy rifle.

And all mutant dogs on Rifts earth are incapable of riding a bicycle much less using power armor even though there is power armor specifically made for mutant dogs.

2% of the CS PSI battalion are Psy Druids, all of them get executed when they report to duty for having a exotic (i.e. deebee) animal mount even though your average CS citizen has never seen such a creature in his entire life.

Also those CS Psy Druids get 2-8 magic potions at the start, no option to not have something that gets you shot in the head 30 seconds after you start play.

It's fucking moronic, especially because they ignore the rules for npcs who have multiple character classes.
>>
>>46683586
>>46683622
>>46683703
No there are not. That option was deliberately
removed from Rifts ultimate edition. No one besides a NPC can have more than one ooc.

Even the old rules were very clear that if you had a racial or psychic character class you could never change or learn anything new. If you were a a psychic or had a RCC that was it, your character would never change or learn outside the RCC or PCC.

Your dog boy can never learn to use power armor and your psychic can never learn to ride a bicycle.

Which is some how just as easy as flying a jet fighter because knowing how to fly a jet fighter is somehow exactly the same as riding a bike or paddling a canoe.
>>
GM asks: "does any one have the cook skill?"
>No
>Make untrained skill roll
>65% chance per day that the party gets poisoned and has to roll vs death
>Oh you have the cook skill?
>Only 35% chance per day that the party dies
>>
>>46678883
The problem is the OOC system really does make it impossible for most classes to ever learn anything. If your OOC doesn't have literacy listed under it's communications skills you can never learn to read. If you don't have 'pilot' as an option you can't ever learn to ride a bicycle or paddle a canoe. The rules are very specific about it, you have no options.
>>
>>46687276
Not the dude you were arguing with, but I think that's definitely a GM discretion sort of thing. If your character needs to know how to do something in the game, why wouldn't they be able to find someone and spend some time learning how to do it, or read a book and teach themselves? It should definitely cost quite a bit, whether it's money or time or something else, but to make it not an option would just be a GM stiffing you.

Personal opinions, though, as I understand it. Not every GM is cool with bending the rules for the sake of realism/fun.
>>
File: 1454790303805.jpg (46 KB, 470x800) Image search: [Google]
1454790303805.jpg
46 KB, 470x800
Bumpin
>>
>>46688358
You shouldn't need a good GM to have fun.
The system should do all the work.

If you have to use only the rules printed. If you aren't you're objectively having fun wrong.
>>
File: NEMA Combat Hound.png (3 MB, 2031x1420) Image search: [Google]
NEMA Combat Hound.png
3 MB, 2031x1420
>OK, GM, here's my other character
>>
File: picard_4lights.jpg (27 KB, 350x277) Image search: [Google]
picard_4lights.jpg
27 KB, 350x277
>Playing rifts with some friends.
> play cyberdoc with no h-2-h skills.
> rest of the party includes a sniper, a magician deer shaped db, and an giant cybeted out lizard meatshield.
> one player has bashed the rules together so the fame is playable, for then gm.
> mfw we're all going to die fighting vampires.
>>
>>46690204
>>46687127
>>46687075

>What is wrong with this faggot?

Yes, the system needs a new edition that sorts out that shit. But you can explicitly multiclass and swap OCCs.
>>
>>46690274

>Is playing as the robotic hound running an autonomous AI

>"Human" companion is secretly an android slaved to the hound's OS

Nice.
>>
File: 1458407303407.jpg (93 KB, 800x1239) Image search: [Google]
1458407303407.jpg
93 KB, 800x1239
>>46692055
first post was sarcasm friendo
>>
>>46692055
>But you can explicitly multiclass and swap OCCs

Yeah, no. I've got every Rifts book ever made and there is no multiclass option.
>>
>>46694092
>>46687276
>>46687215
>>46687127
>>46687075
problems that can all be solved by playing with a GM who both understands the system and knows how to drive this junker. Or by, god forbid, actually reading the books. I don't mean, "I read the page about the thing" I mean the. The. Motherfucking. Book. It's not hard. It's words on paper. It's almost like words on a screen. You can do it. I know you can! I believe in you!

Lets face it though you wont read, you'll just sit here and insist you can't make any of those things work ever. Players don't read books.
>>
>>46687075

Dude, stop playing the 26 year old edition and "upgrade" to the 11 year old edition. They Are O.C.C.s in the RUE.

Their O.C.C. skill list includes Pilot: Hovercraft (+10%)

Their O.C.C. Related skills include Pilot: Motorcycle, Hovercycle, Jet Pack, Truck and Motorboat. (+5%)

As a secondary skill they can take Pilot: Automobiles, Motorcycles, Hovercycles, Hover Craft, Motor and Sailboats, Recreational vehicles like Bicycles or Kayaks.
>>
>>46695227
And it you want to be able to pilot a robot then change your entire life, forget everything you know, spend years learning dozens of skills you don't care about THEN you can take that single skill you wanted. Because that's how people learn things IRL.

Not that it maters because the IS NO OPTION IN EITHER VERSION TO CHANGE OOC. IT DOES NOT EXIST.
>>
>>46695313

Use your head son, you think they're going to just spoon feed you the info in the core rulebook?

Shit man, changing O.C.C.s in on page 10 of Palladium Fantasy World Book 3 and Multiclassing is on the cutting room floor of their website.

http://www.palladiumbooks.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=226%3Adual-occs&catid=58&Itemid=200
>>
>>46695577
You're good people.

You read the books. I wish good things happen to you.
>>
>>46692068
Archie has no sense of right or wrong.
>>
>>46697294

No, but Hagan Lonovich has a sense of awesome.

And some serious neckbeard tendencies about women.
>>
File: rifts_jesus_christ.png (44 KB, 454x515) Image search: [Google]
rifts_jesus_christ.png
44 KB, 454x515
Most absurd thing that's actually statted?
>>
File: SDF1.jpg (106 KB, 674x326) Image search: [Google]
SDF1.jpg
106 KB, 674x326
>>46700837
>>
File: Rifts d20ish.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Rifts d20ish.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>
>>46705715

Huh, someone reposting shit that I wrote? Nice.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.