[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warpath Wednesday
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 26
File: warpathwednesday2.jpg (139 KB, 601x850) Image search: [Google]
warpathwednesday2.jpg
139 KB, 601x850
Containment Protocols Edition
Counting down to what?
warpathuniverse.com

Discuss games set in the Mantic's Warpath universe: Mass Battles, Firefight, Deadzone, and Dreadball

What is Warpath?
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warpath
(needs to be expanded upon a bunch and corrected, old article)
https://manticblog.com/2016/04/11/15530/
(A nice intro to the setting)

Mass Battles: Large scale battles with big blocks of troops and vehicles (think 40k Apocalypse) - Open Beta
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dwkk5x5ooszx0zu/Warpath%20Beta%2014-03-16.pdf?dl=0

Firefight: Focused a little more on big battles, but not as big as above (think 1000-1500 pt games of 40k) - Open Beta
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hyc72fvva6e3dmf/Firefight%20V%201.3.pdf?dl=0

Deadzone: Small scale skirmish on boards with lots of terrain (think Infinity, but simpler) - 2nd edition, Public release in May
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/woayb5yb9fke1/deadzone
(Link also includes Containment Protocols, an anthology of short stories set in the Warpath universe, and 1st edition rulebook and expansions)
https://manticblog.com/2016/04/12/15537/
(Mantic's introduction to the Deadzones)
How to play videos:
https://youtu.be/OyeTtVgJPFY
https://youtu.be/inuJFLv89-k

Dreadball: Galactic and brutal sports game set in the universe (think bloodbowl, but scifi) - Available
(No links to rules, yet)

Any other useful resources, please let me know.
>>
If you guys notice I have a bunch of new links in the op pasta, check 'em out.

I will also have a new image each time.
>>
File: warpath2.jpg (430 KB, 1187x844) Image search: [Google]
warpath2.jpg
430 KB, 1187x844
art bump
>>
File: warpath9.jpg (129 KB, 775x725) Image search: [Google]
warpath9.jpg
129 KB, 775x725
>>
>>46649529
i think a mantic general would be better then a warpath general
>>
>>46652119
We've discussed this. Fitting KoW into this would quickly drown out any attempt at warpath discussions and the general would be too varied. The last warpath wednesday did pretty decent. It didn't make it to bump limit but it really didn't need to.
>>
>>46652223
And this thread is just full of discussion.
>>
Oh hey glad this is up. Has anyone got their kickstarter stuff yet?
>>
>>46653134
Not yet, that I know of. Their last kickstarter update was on mark 24th and they said they were getting things prepped for shipping out.

Then at adepticon, ronnie was interviewed and he said kickstarter backers were getting their stuff shipped out the next weekend.

But we have had no word of the sort lately, so in all likelihood they will start sending things out near the end of this month, and it will take a full month to get everything sorted, so I wouldn't expect the deadzone stuff to be in their store until june, because mantic is not known for the punctuality on this stuff. But they did get the prints of the rulebooks at least, not sure if the minis and kits were done being made.
>>
File: kalyshi_group-e1460110662432.jpg (48 KB, 827x377) Image search: [Google]
kalyshi_group-e1460110662432.jpg
48 KB, 827x377
Slight blog update, we finally get to see what the kalyshi will look like in their blog. This latest page just details some of the factions for deadzone, so it's a good read if you are getting started and want a summary.

https://manticblog.com/2016/04/13/15576/

Btw, these femme fatales look really cool. I was thinking of getting a box of dreadball kalyshi, but I like the look of this kit a lot.

It's getting to the point of where their scifi stuff looks better than their fantasy stuff, but their fantasy game remains more popular. Let's hope that changes soon.
>>
Those are Betty gud. Shame they're metal, but that's the sort of thing that's really tough to do in multi-part plastic. Interesting they've gone back to a more humanish skin tone for them.
>>
>>46654058
Who says they are metal? I figured these would be a plastic kit.
>>
>>46654077
They're metal, they said so from minute 1 on the Kickstarter.
>>
File: 4362.1.368.368.FFFFFF.0.jpg (31 KB, 368x368) Image search: [Google]
4362.1.368.368.FFFFFF.0.jpg
31 KB, 368x368
>>46654416
Well crap. I hates metal.

I guess I'm getting the dreadball kalyshi afterall. I'd rather work with restic, desu. Any ideas of suitable bows I can stick on these girsl?
>>
>>46654619

Not high tech ones but eccentric miniatures do a sprue of bows and quivers: http://www.eccentricminiatures.com/retems0012.html
>>
File: HE-SHADOW-FLAMEBOWS.jpg (153 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
HE-SHADOW-FLAMEBOWS.jpg
153 KB, 900x900
>>46655342
Thats not bad. I have some bits i can stick on there to make it more convincing. I was also thinking of these, theyre from the shadow warriors kit. I could do blue flames on them, like theyre shooting flaming tech arrows.
>>
File: enforcers_three.jpg (107 KB, 1024x495) Image search: [Google]
enforcers_three.jpg
107 KB, 1024x495
Finished another couple of Enforcers, trying to get a playable set up together before Deadzone Redux drops a shit ton more on me.
>>
>>46656229
Man these are looking so cool. What washes are you using with them again?

And are you doing an undershading thing and just washing over top?
>>
>>46656453
Flory washes

http://www.florymodels.co.uk/washes/

Essentially an ink you slather on and then wipe off with a bit of slightly damp tissue paper or a cotton bud.

There's a small amount of undershading, just by virtue of the initial grey gets an extra coat airbrushed from the top.
>>
>>46653691
Are these guys the equivalent of exodites in Warpath? Nice to see.
>>
>>46657199
Yeah pretty much. They dont follow the path of the core of their race, being a little more wild and adventurous, but not twisted in a dark eldar sort of way.
>>
>>46657199
I'd say that they're closer to Harlequins.
>>
>>46653691
Is it just me or is there nothing particularly scifi about these? Like i could easily have these in a fantasy army as elven archers or something and they wouldnt look out of place.
>>
>>46659796
Wood elves, maybe. If kow is your thing I could see then ftting with the forces of nature (does the forces of nature have elves? Because it seems like a faction that should have elves)
>>
>>46660980
No. Elves have some Forces of Nature units in their army like the Forest Shambler and lore wise they are common allies, but the FoN army list doesn't have any elf units. I think there might be a mention of very rare elf druids, but humans are much more common because it's easier for them to be utterly Neutral instead of aligned towards Good or Evil.
>>
Holy shit have you guys seen this yet? I am officially getting one when they get released, and I'm not going to even play warpath. Most likely will just be used as terrain for deadzone.
>>
>>46662142
ooh i do like this. i gotta think of something to use it for 40k. does it look like a sicarian battle tank to anyone else?
>>
>>46664069
hmm...not sure.
>>
Certainly looks like it has some obvious mounting points for future sponsons.

Similarities wise, they're both "wedge" tanks so some similarities are inevitable. Rivets though on a hypertrchnology tank?

Perhaps they're made from a composite that can't be welded.
>>
>>46656229
Nice painting anon.
So what's the lore about those guys?
>>
>>46665810
Enforcers are pretty much the elite special forces under direct order from the council of 7, which are the people running everything in the corporations
>>
>>46665649
I guess thats right about those circles on the side near the back. Those could mount sponsons, which is really cool. And the welding thing, these are supposed to be the toughest tanks in the galaxy, second to none, so perhaps the metal is extremely resistant to heat after forging, making rivets the only real viable way of putting them together.

All the more reason these would fit in a 40k army.
>>
Kickstarter update for Deadzone redux

So they are experiencing delays in getting all the parts they need. Not all of the components for the big pledges have all arrived at once, and they are experiencing issues with one of the metal molds tearing a lot and don't know how to deal with it. They've had to outsource for some of the metal figures to keep up, but its increasing costs unfortunately.

So they say shipping will begin in earnest middle of next week. I believe that means they will be shipping out only the pledges where they have all the components already.

Pic is the new shredders - renamed nightmares - sprue for the veermyn they just got in.
>>
Dreadball battle report, first I have ever seen. The way they did it is pretty entertaining.

https://youtu.be/eW1JitMxXBs

I have actually never had any interest in dreadball, but after watching this I actually want to give it a shot. It looks pretty fast paced.
>>
File: TDHGreenbacks.jpg (75 KB, 1000x373) Image search: [Google]
TDHGreenbacks.jpg
75 KB, 1000x373
>>46670507
It's a great game. There are tons of demos on youtube, not saying many are that great, but there's lots out there.
>>
>>46670602
Yeah I've opened up my eyes to it. Now to pick a possible team and get someone else to play.
>>
File: VorpalIndustriesBlades.jpg (62 KB, 1000x340) Image search: [Google]
VorpalIndustriesBlades.jpg
62 KB, 1000x340
>>46670700
Getting 2 teams together might help with the second step. Not a huge amount of work either.
>>
>>46670768
It was videos that got me playing it too, Had little interest in the first Kickstarter, but seeing it played post release, with the speed and flow compared to something like Bloodbowl that always feels very stilted to me.
>>
>>46670768
The starter box looks to pretty much be the best start, obviously. Give another player a couple options.

I've always been attracted to the kalyshi team >>46654619, for...ahem... reasons. How do they play?

And wasnt there talk of them doing a 2nd edition for this game? Because I would back that.
>>
>>46670875
Well the Kalyshi come in Dreadball Xtreme, which is a somewhat different (although still fun) game. Focus is prettty different in Xtreme with it concentrating on the coaches for improvement as the players are just disposable meat. Dreadball has the weaker league system, but is the easiest to start with. I'd save Xtreme for later.

Stadium Dreadball (the original) has a starter box of course. The Teams upthread minus a few figures are in that. They require more annoying cleaning than more recent Mantic kits, but they're fine once you get over that hurdle.
>>
File: voidsirens.jpg (143 KB, 600x597) Image search: [Google]
voidsirens.jpg
143 KB, 600x597
>>46670949
Fair enough on xtreme. What about the void sirens? How do they play?
>>
Very like Corporation unsurprisingly. Excellent strikers and the jacks are pretty useful compared to most. 1 guard only is not a serious setback.
>>
File: statcards.jpg (424 KB, 3300x2550) Image search: [Google]
statcards.jpg
424 KB, 3300x2550
So I made a couple game aids for Deadzone if anyone is interested.

First is a simple set of blank stat cards. They each measure about 5"x3.5". They are mostly made for campaigning, but are good for ease of reference during normal battles too.
>>
File: statcards2.jpg (487 KB, 3300x2550) Image search: [Google]
statcards2.jpg
487 KB, 3300x2550
>>46672112
Next are a couple command dice cards, so you don't need to get official command dice. The #6 special area is intentionally left blank so you can write in the one unique to your team leader.

Then a couple of the stat cards.
>>
>>46671150
So I found a video discribing things briefly in the game, so I know what the jacks, guards, and strikers are, but what are keepers?
>>
>>46673092
Keepers are an upgrade to Guards you can get in league play (or an exhibition game). There's one in my Marauder team above (orc in the iron mask).

They get superior armour to normal guards. They also get a Dreadball glove. Unlike normal guards they can pick up the ball, however they can only punt it up the pitch, which essentially ends your turn. Not terribly useful. Jake is quoted as saying: "Keepers were a mistake".

Expect better when we eventually get Dreadball 2.0. In the mean time if you roll one up, at least you have an incredibly tough player.
>>
File: IMAG0587.jpg (404 KB, 1239x690) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0587.jpg
404 KB, 1239x690
A little progress report on my Forge Fathers for deadzone. I decided to rebase them and do ruble themed basing. These bases are made from just plasticard and sand.

First up is my forge guard huscarl and the rest of the forge guard.
>>
File: IMAG0588.jpg (229 KB, 893x557) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0588.jpg
229 KB, 893x557
>>46675397
Next are my miliatia dudes. The sprue comes with guys where the gun is molded in with the torseo, but I think those guys look like ass, so I will use the ones where the guns are separate. I don't need very many for deadzone anyway.
>>
File: IMAG0589.jpg (209 KB, 981x707) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0589.jpg
209 KB, 981x707
>>46675437
Then it's my brokkrs, with the chief (or sometimes just a brokkr w/ forge hammer) out in front.
>>
File: enforcers_five.jpg (89 KB, 1024x339) Image search: [Google]
enforcers_five.jpg
89 KB, 1024x339
Looking promising Anon, just get them painted then.

On that note Full squad done in a week. Will I match that in future?

No.
>>
File: IMAG0590.jpg (262 KB, 1016x756) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0590.jpg
262 KB, 1016x756
>>46676913
I know the feels man.

On another note, I am going to demo a game of deadzone for my brother this weekend, and since none of my kickstarter stuff is in yet, Ive had to improvise.

A map made from large 1" grid paper, and buildings made from foamcore. (the tape is because some of the pieces are still setting)
>>
File: unincorporated.jpg (202 KB, 1024x820) Image search: [Google]
unincorporated.jpg
202 KB, 1024x820
Talking of Dreadball earlier reminded me to finally photograph my Rebs team. Would have been Ada Lorana too, but it appears the clear plastic is prone to bending in my case. Will have to apply a hairdryer and find an alternate storage approach.
>>
>>46678404

That's some series effort for some "stunt" scenery, well played Anon.
>>
>>46678448
I plan on getting some battlezone stuff in the future too, but for right now this works. And I'm thinking of priming it all and using some textured spray paint and drybrushing to make some concrete pieces.
>>
Is it worth getting the Deadzone starter?
>>
>>46679380
If it's on sale, yes.

The new edition is slated to come out next month, but the old starter is great for the map, minis, and terrain.

So if it's on sale, definitely, but if not then wait for the new 2.0 to get released.

If you do end up getting the old one on sale, the rules for 2.0 are in the OP, and you wont need the cards or books that come in it. Everything you will need will be in the digital rulebook.
>>
File: IMAG0591.jpg (269 KB, 1043x754) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0591.jpg
269 KB, 1043x754
Ok here is the deadzone terrain without the tape.
>>
File: IMAG0592.jpg (253 KB, 1027x755) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0592.jpg
253 KB, 1027x755
>>46680752
Another view.
>>
File: IMAG0593.jpg (321 KB, 1344x760) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0593.jpg
321 KB, 1344x760
>>46680775
And apparently one of the major coprorations that took to the stars and helped furnish the colony worlds with pre-fab buildings was Elmer's Corp.

Makes sense, this was all built with elmer's foam core and wood glue.
>>
>>46680808
haha, i doubt the regular gcps citizen would have any idea what that creature on their logo is, though
>>
>>46681547
I think they have plenty of records of life on old Earth. They mentions bits and pieces in Containment Protocols and it doesn't seem too distorted.
>>
Haha my brother and I already have a narrative going for our demo game this weekend.

Elmer's Corp has been experimenting with some glues on this world. Glues which turned out to be perfect for veermyn nests, and a breeding ground for the plague's spread.
>>
>>46680752
>>46680775
>>46680808
You absolute madman
>>
As with Kinds of War, I like how easy it'd be to substitute other species from other games into Warpath. I think a lot of the Gates of Antares stuff fits, aesthetically. Even the Tau wouldn't look out of place in the Warpath universe.
>>
>>46685155
I havent looked at the antares stuff, but i can see a lot of 40k stuff in there.

The only thing I couldnt see of 40k in warpath though are the space marines (all flavors). They are just too iconic for 40k and just dont look like they could fit at all in warpath. I know the enforcers are the not-space marines, but i dont know, it would piss me off to see someone using his space marines as enforcers unless hes just trying the game out.

I dont have an issue with orks used as marauders, or eldar as asterians, or tyranid as plague or whatever.
>>
>>46685199
>I havent looked at the antares stuff, but i can see a lot of 40k stuff in there.

At first I disagreed.

>The only thing I couldnt see of 40k in warpath though are the space marines (all flavors). They are just too iconic for 40k and just dont look like they could fit at all in warpath. I know the enforcers are the not-space marines, but i dont know, it would piss me off to see someone using his space marines as enforcers unless hes just trying the game out.

>I dont have an issue with orks used as marauders, or eldar as asterians, or tyranid as plague or whatever.

But then you made a lot of sense.

I still don't think the 40k aesthetic fits with Mantic at all. Mantic's stuff looks more hard sci-fi, closer to mass effect. 40k has and always will be fantasy in space.
>>
I Know there was a deadline for the Warpath kickstarter surveys that ended recently, does that mean I can't add to my kickstarter order now or that I will get it later?
>>
>>46681547
In an interview a Mantic staffer talked about how the original GCPS Marauders were taught about Caesar, Napoeleon, and Hitler as part of their training. So they must have reasonable documentation of the past.
>>
>>46685619
No doubt viewed through a proper corporatist lens.

"Degnerate monarchistic and democratic societies causing carnage as they built their petty empires in the names of religion and territory, in direct opposition to the mighty guiding hand of financial self interest."
>>
>>46685438
You missed the deadline which means you can't add anything, but I would email them just to be sure
>>
>>46685619
That really is one thing I like about the warpath setting. Orks are still brutish and violent, but very smart and often underestimated in their capabilities. In 40k orks are a threat because of their vast numbers and reckless abandon. Here they are tactical military disciplined mercenaries.
>>
>>46685438
Did you finalize your survey? Then you'll get it on time, but can't add anything new to your order.

Did you forget to finalize anything? Then you will have to contact Mantic ASAP because they're placing orders with factories for what they've got to ship September.
>>
>>46690615
>to ship September
You mean ship January 2017? This is mantic after all
>>
>>46691010
I got my Deadzone 1 wave 1 stuff October 31st, they said the shipping was November
>>
>>46691070
We are running on april for deadzone 2 stuff, maybe may before the bigger pledges get out, and it was promised january
>>
>>46691137
>Estimated delivery:
Jan 2016
>Estimated

Would you like me to look up what estimated means in a dictionary and explain the difference between it and "promised"?

They've been saying Janurary for 8 months or so.
>>
File: idshabbening.jpg (204 KB, 735x760) Image search: [Google]
idshabbening.jpg
204 KB, 735x760
ooh, what's this?
>>
>>46693266
A coming soon page?
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.