[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Darkest Dungeon stat me thread.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: Dankest.png (180 KB, 1631x668) Image search: [Google]
Dankest.png
180 KB, 1631x668
I'm mostly interested in 5e here, though 3.5 also works. Most of the classes are obvious - crusader is a paladin, leper and man at arms are fighters, grave robber and highwayman are various flavours of a rogue, houndmaster is a beastmaster ranger, while arbalest is a hunter. They all fit D&D stereotypes really well.

But what about such classes as occultist, plague doctor and abomination? How would you play them, /tg/? Maybe we can homebrew something. I'll post my ideas slightly later.
>>
Plague Doctor would be closest to Pathfinder's Alchemist, I reckon.

Obamination I'd run as refluffed Moon Druid.

Occultist... unless you really want to go for 0 hp heal + bleed, I'd say some flavour of cleric without heavy/medium (or even light) armour or a bard.
>>
Also, I'd say Leaper is a paladin too, just prefers self-buffs and regular attacks.
>>
File: 2.png (186 KB, 298x423) Image search: [Google]
2.png
186 KB, 298x423
>>46646070
>April 2016
>Still meming for the shit meme grinder
>>
File: moneymoneymoney2.png (2 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
moneymoneymoney2.png
2 MB, 1920x1200
>>46646070
Just make your own Darkest Dungeon tabletop.

But fine, for 5e here is what I recommend:

>Abomination
Barbarian, give him a whip with a better weapon die & a shitty projectile acid breath/cone.
When he turns into the goat he gets a cleave.
When he's a higher level you can give him a growing strength boost when he's a goat, or you can give him that self-heal the Abom has.

>Antiquarian
A really shitty bard

>Arbalest
Crossbow Fighter with potions or Paladin with a refluffed lay on hands. Could be a Ranger or Rogue because of Targeting damage bonus.

>Bounty Hunter
Has a hook that uses a move action to move another creature towards him.
Bonus to Human's so Rogue for sneak damage, Ranger for hatred or Fighter w/ a bonus against Humans.

>Crusader
Paladin, Cleric or Bard. Bard for the weird people.
Rogue if your name is Reynauld *whistles*

>Grave Robber
Any physical class that can throw shit.
Typically Rogue

>Hellion
Any physical class, uses a 2h

>Highway Man
Any physical class that can also use ranged weapons

>Hound Master
Any physical w/ animal companion: Dog
Physical attacks do less damage but hamper enemies somehow, probably denying them actions.

>Jester
Any support, Cleric/Paladin/Bard
Dual wield

>Leper
Any physical, anything fits really
Can only target himself.
If he Barbarians then he gets a self heal

>Man At Arms
Bard, uses yelling to convey commands/help

>Occultist
Warlock of Sorcerer

>Vestal
Cleric, Bard, Paladin.
>>
File: 400px-Paranoid.png (224 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
400px-Paranoid.png
224 KB, 400x400
>>46646270
Seriously, this game is a special form of cancer.
>>
>>46646165
>Plague Doctor would be closest to Pathfinder's Alchemist, I reckon.

I was thinking along the lines of a re-skinned Warlock. Many of his attacks are poisoned, confusion and plague driven, a specialty of that class.
>>
>>46646284
>Occultist
>Warlock of Sorcerer

Neither of them can heal, though.
>>
>>46646270
Everything is a meme. Yes, that means you and I are memes.
>>
>>46646366
Oh yeah,
Cleric then.

Really just tell your players you want to do a Darkest Dungeon campaign and tell them to pick a DD class and make it into a 5e class.
Let them do the creative leg work to get what they want.
>>
>>46646070
>5e here, though 3.5 works

So you want to emulate a highly lethal game with systems that make permanently dying extremely difficult?
>>
>>46646070
Size/Type: Large Magical Beast
Hit Dice: 5d10+25 (52 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 15 (-1 size, +1 Dex, +5 natural), touch 10, flat-footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +5/+14
Attack: Claw +9 melee (1d6+5)
Full Attack: 2 claws +9 melee (1d6+5) and bite +4 melee (1d8+2)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Improved grab
Special Qualities: Scent
Saves: Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +2
Abilities: Str 21, Dex 12, Con 21, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 10
Skills: Listen +8, Spot +8
Feats: Alertness, Track
Environment: Temperate forests
Organization: Solitary, pair, or pack (3-8)
Challenge Rating: 4
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: 6-8 HD (Large); 9-15 HD (Huge)
Level Adjustment: —
>>
>>46646942
>So you want to emulate a highly lethal game with systems that make permanently dying extremely difficult?

In 5e/3.5 you can't move around while making death saving throws.

In DD, you can. You can even attack. You don't even bleed out without help when you drop below 0, you only have a chance to die if you are actually hit again. In 5e if you are hit once hile under 0, you have 45% chance to just die next turn (or if you already botched a death saving throw, you are dead).

DD's system isn't inherently higher lethality, it's just that it has a lot of fake difficulty in the form of randomness, and you go through way more combat way faster than in D&D.
>>
>>46647006
>permanently dying
>>
>>46646070
Play fucking Torchbearer.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.