[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Post things that aren't wrong, but just strange.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Confusedface.jpg (23 KB, 267x376) Image search: [Google]
Confusedface.jpg
23 KB, 267x376
So the other day at my FLGS, I was waiting for my own group to assemble, and just hung out and looked over the shoulders of a different group playing.

As far as I can tell, what was going on was

>Party had stolen something from some lich.
>Were running for their lives
>Had set off a number of things to distract the lich in his lair, but they didn't keep him busy long enough.
>Lich was chasing them, conjuring up more undead minions as he was going along.
>Party flees to this one grove, where they knew a fallen angel hung out.
>Fallen angel is some kind of uber-paladin type, heals their rogue from a disease that he had contracted for nothing, offers them sanctuary.
>Apparently, "Fallen" angels in setting retain their original alignment, falling has to do with trading their immortality away for the ability to act with fewer restrictions on the prime material.

I'm still just having trouble viscerally wrapping my head around the concept, fallen angels are supposed to be evil and mean and kill you, right?
>>
Depends on the setting? I wouldn't have an issue with it.
>>
>>46635998
I don't understand your problem.
>>
>>46635998
>using alignments
>>
>>46636080
>>46636139

Like I said, there's nothing wrong against it, but it's so against the grain that it's just bizarre. It smacks of different solely for the sake of being different crap.
>>
I'm not too familiar with Diablo lore, but isn't Tyriel a fallen angel but still by all means good?
And this is entirely setting dependant. Angels could fail for various political reasons in "Heaven." Maybe they had an ideological schism and the angel at the head was forced out.
Honestly I'm mostly head tilting at the idea of a fallen angel who still has some divine power
>>
>>46636221
It's a fairly common interpretation of "fallen".
>>
>>46636243

Apparently, (and I only brielfy asked one of the players who wasn't directly active at that moment, so I could have this garbled), the gods and their angels aren't supposed to do much on the prime material without direct invitation by a mortal or the like. They can get around this by becoming mortals and "falling", but it's a one way process, they're stuck on the Prime after that.

Apparently our fallen angel in question deliberately did so, with the god he served's blessing, to safeguard a holy site or something. He still works for the god, just not as an immortal angel anymore.
>>
File: Trias.png (275 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Trias.png
275 KB, 640x480
>>46635998
>fallen angels are supposed to be evil and mean and kill you, right?
>tfw
>>
>>46636325

I'm pretty sure trying to lead an army of fiends to attack the heaven planes is evil, anon.
>>
>>46635998
No. Biblically speaking, most of the angels who fell weren't even particularly bad, just disruptive to God's plan and prone to serious out-of-context problems due to their inhuman mindset.

The majority of them just chilled on earth, built houses, got married, and then gave birth to abominations and giants, which (along with humans just being kind of shitty) motivated the Flood.
>>
>>46635998
>fallen angels are supposed to be evil and mean and kill you, right?
I mean, a paladin can fall by losing faith, but still be a nice bloke.

It sounds like an angel decided their god was a bit of a dick (probably right) and accepted not being fed more immortality juice as a reasonable trade for being able to be less of a dick.
>>
>>46636410
>gave birth to abominations and giants
>motivated the Flood.

>Literally antediluvian evil.
>>
>>46635998
I remember hearing that story. Didn't one of the players steal the angel's sword and that caused him to get killed by the lich?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.