[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Blatant Rip-Off
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: 001.jpg (1 MB, 1887x1300) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
1 MB, 1887x1300
So /tg/ what are your favorite plot hooks, BBEGs, monsters, and settings that you've blatantly lifted from other material

Mine was the whole Ninja World War from Naruto
Evil wizard takes apprentice and teaches him the greatest spell used my one of his former enemies so he can be resurrected

Gets rezzed and uses the spell to create an army of undead who have nigh unkillable bodies and all the skills and power they had in life

Made for some pretty cool moments when characters from previous campaigns showed up
>>
Off topic, but I've been tempted to write a wizard-shonen- bullshit type of story. The variety of dumb powers in Naruto, Bleach and the like seem interesting to me, even if the actual story and characters don't.
>>
>>46632609
Check Out Black Clover and Fairy Tail

Magic is fairly limited so each characters magic is themed so someone can use fire or ice but not both

Unless their gimmick is both
>>
Guess everyone is always original all the time
>>
File: greyshirt.jpg (39 KB, 286x438) Image search: [Google]
greyshirt.jpg
39 KB, 286x438
haven't done it yet but I want to create a short delta green campaign based around the indigo sunset story of the comic greayshirt.

basically there's a huge ass saphaire that actually an egg of some horrible alien that's draining the lifeforce/souls of the locals to try and hatch/fully awaken using an intermediary known as "the lure" gangsters may or may not be involved and its up to our plucky team of government stooges to find out why people are shriveling up like husks and ultimately stop the egg from hatching basically killing the city and necessitating a "nuclear accident" spoiler: it wont be an accident
>>
I've run the first Dresden Files novels as Hunter the Vigil scenarios (with the due adaptations of course). It went pretty well, and DF is one of the few sources I'm sure my players don't know.
>>
>>46632441
>Green smoke rises from the recycling center and shambles into the streets with carbonated blood.
>>
One last bump
>>
>>46632679
Fairy Tail is shit, though. The fights and powerlevels are inconsistent and get changed however the plot demands it. People just read/watch it for the ecchi/fanservice aspect (which I fully understand)
>>
File: Wizard Onslaught.jpg (363 KB, 605x1024) Image search: [Google]
Wizard Onslaught.jpg
363 KB, 605x1024
>>46641408
True

But characters generally stick to a a specific theme or gimmick in terms of magic instead of being do everything wizards

And if you want to do any kind of story like>>46632609 was talking about you need distinct characters with distinct abilities

Especially if it involves wizards
>>
File: DCmain.jpg (77 KB, 670x360) Image search: [Google]
DCmain.jpg
77 KB, 670x360
>>46632441
I'm going to have Best Skeleton invade the reality that this game is taking place in. Of course, they attempt to take over. It's up to the party to decide if they are either going to help or fight this threat.
>>
>>46643595
Send the trap elves duo first.
>>
>>46632441
Ripped the idea of a church with a miracle cure and Hunters wholesale from Bloodborne, although its become so changed and diluted that they only share a uniform and name now.
>>
>>46632441
Let me think...
>Ripping off Ravenous is always fun
>Ripping off westerns is always fun
>Ripping off X-Files episodes is always fun
But the best thing to actually rip-off are example scenarios for Game A and used while playing Game B. This way you've got short, condensed and well-designed scenario to start with with new and green players without actually having to work on it and not risking they've actually read through entire rule-book, example scenarios included.
>>
>>46646407
Oh, also
>Ripping off Batman Beyond for cyberpunk scenarios is so much fun it goes well beyond the scale
>>
>just finished running a mecha RPG
>basically everything was borrowed from Fafner, Rahxephon, Linebarrel or Code Geass
>players never realised

So that was how they were blindsided by an edgy kid called Ayato stealing their mech, a sickly girl called Shouko an hero-ing against a boss and more

The final bosses were homages to Linebarrel and Metal Gear REX

My next campaign is going to be a Jojo homage featuring Sir Phillip Collins of The Human League, Christine de Burgh, the Lady in Red, Professors George Benson and Peter Frampton and Emerson, Lake & Palmer of the Pinkertons
>>
I have actually ripped off whole Scooby Doo Episodes for my CoC games.

No one ever noticed.
>>
>>46648792
Care to give an example?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.