[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OK I know some supplement has probably answered this but What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: elrathtcm2162281.png (1 MB, 983x1016) Image search: [Google]
elrathtcm2162281.png
1 MB, 983x1016
OK I know some supplement has probably answered this but

What happens if a Chromatic Dragon has sex with a Metallic Dragon? What is born from that? Or from dragons of different colors fucking each other? Is there a chart or a rule as to which one is born or it is just a 50% one or the other thing?
>>
>>46629302
Gemstone dragons.
>>
I don't know of any 'canon' answer, but I just assume that both colours are passed down, with each child having a chance to be one or the other.

In the backstory of one of my characters, they come from a city-state ruled by a Golden Dragon dynasty which has the occasional Red child after a redeemed Red married into their line millenia ago.
>>
>>46629555

But Gemstone dragons are just psionic dragons.
>>
>>46629302
You have to roll 1d100 on the special snowflake dragon table.
Last time I did, I made a sword dragon. Its wings are made of swords and its breath attack is slashing.
>>
>>46629302
If we dare to apply common sence, nothing. Different species don't produce offsprings.
>>
>>46629695
Pretty sure sword dragons area already a thing in 3.5 at least. They have have an ability damage bite instead of a breath attack

They've already made a dragon for pretty much everything
>>
>>46629735

Anon you're aware "half dragon" is like a core-monster manual text book thing right?

What you're literally saying is that a dragon can fuck a human and produce offspring and that's perfectly fine and logical but a dragon fucking another type of dragon is now genetically incompatible?
>>
>>46629787
Dragons can shapeshift into a human form. That's how half-dragons are produced.
>>
I asked about this once, most answers said they inherit the colors of parents and each baby is a color of one of the parents, so only one damage immunity, but they inherit the physical traits of both, so can have a amphibious swimming green dragon.
>>
>>46629753
There was one dragon with lightsabre breath weapon (as in, it breathes a coherent beam of energy that it can use to cut through stuff), so I wouldn't doubt it.
>>
>>46629832
What about half elves? Half Orcs?
>>
>>46629997
Half Dragon, Half really brave Orc, all attitude.
>>
>>46629787
Half-dragons tend to be a direct result of magic/gene splicing more than any form of dragon fucking.
>>
>>46629302
Randomly pick one, apply a half-dragon template.
>>
>>46629832
>Dragons can shapeshift into a human form. That's how half-dragons are produced.

And dragons can shapeshift into... dragon form.

And only some metallic dragons have the shapechange ability, and it allows for any huminoid, not just humans.
>>
>>46629302
>What happens if a Chromatic Dragon has sex with a Metallic Dragon?
Someone cums.

>What is born from that?
A furry OC.

>Or from dragons of different colors fucking each other?
Other furry OCs.

>Is there a chart or a rule as to which one is born or it is just a 50% one or the other thing?
Who fucking cares, your result would be dumb.
>>
>>46630156
Immediately thinking of Furries and not something like mixed breed dog, umm Anon I have some news for you...
>>
Can you get alloy dragons? If a gold and silver fug, do you get an electrum dragon?
>>
>>46630156
You seem obsessed with furries, supressing anything?
>>
>>46629302
Ever see Alien Resurrection?
>>
>>46629302
Composite material dragon.
>>
>>46629302
Use the mother's color but then add on the half-dragon template for the father's color, ignoring the normal restriction that dragons can't pick up the half-dragon template.

That's what I do, anyway.

A dragon's "base" color is always tracked back through the mother to the nearest full-color antecedent, by the way.

So a female red dragon and a male silver dragon have a red dragon with the silver half-dragon template offspring. If that hybrid were to mate with a copper dragon, the kid would be a red dragon with the copper half-dragon template. And so on.
>>
>>46631958
I do something similar. If two different types of dragon mate, the offspring are half-dragons, the base dragon is the mother's type and the template is the father's type (or if the father is a half-breed 50% chance of either type). If two crossbreeds mate I make a punnett square and roll a d4. I know that's not "actually" how it would work but that's a simple enough solution to use.
>>
On the subject of metallics, it would be fun if the metallics could have alloy children..
>>
>>46629753
Fang dragons?
>>
>>46629735
Uh, ever hear of a mule or liger? Worst comes to worst in applying logic is that the halfbreed is sterile.
>>
>>46630364
You could call it that, but I don't think it really matters or is a recognized type?

IIRC, the crossbreeding rules that exist were specifically made so a GM could spring a white dragon with fire immunity and fire breath on adventuring parties who'd read the monster manual.
>>
File: 1453532912928.jpg (289 KB, 1000x1004) Image search: [Google]
1453532912928.jpg
289 KB, 1000x1004
>>
>>46638077
>dryads
what the fuck did lizardfolk do to them?
>>
>>46638077
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnJdpN1GGh4
>>
>>46638077
Please stop posting this. Its a terribly organized third party chart that is also inaccurate towards D&D creatures.

>>46639266
The chart is shit, half fey lizardfolk from dryad mixing is possible wthin D&D.
>>
File: compositematerials.jpg (90 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
compositematerials.jpg
90 KB, 600x450
>>46631914
Composite materials...composite materials...
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.