[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would be needed to defeat a Superman clone, in a fantasy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 251
Thread images: 22
File: Superman_Prime_001.jpg (1 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
Superman_Prime_001.jpg
1 MB, 1988x3056
What would be needed to defeat a Superman clone, in a fantasy or modern-world setting, who's also resistant to magic?
>>
some kyrptonite. Or Saitama
>>
>>46628516
>>46628476
Also immune to kyprtonite
>>
>>46628563
And immune to parodies.
>>
>>46628516
Psh, we beat Saitama in my group's campaign dead easy. It just requires some lateral thinking.
>>
>>46628591
No you didn't.
>>
>>46628607
Yes, we did.
>>
Phantasm Killer
>>
>>46628607
>butthurt Narutard detected
>>
>>46628516
What happens if Saitama punches himself?
>>
>>46628476
Use telepaths to lobotomize him, sending him in a lifelong coma.
Starve him to death, destroy everytime food he wnts to eat.
Frighten him by dont reveal your identity and killing all that is dearest to him.
>>
File: smug luthor.png (90 KB, 332x250) Image search: [Google]
smug luthor.png
90 KB, 332x250
>>46628476
Another, better superman clone!
>>
>>46628476
>>46628563
>>46628576
>How do you defeat this guy?
>Well, theres this and this
>No, that doesn't count!

What the fuck do you want, anon?
>>
>>46628563
>>46628576
>what would be needed to beat x
>y
>okay now x is immunity to y what would be needed

Fuck you. I propose anti immunity x+1 power man. His powers are always being superior in every positive way to whatever character you bring up. Also, his powers can't be immunized against.

There op.
>>
>>46628476
A being that leeches him of energy or power, till he is strong as a human.

Or

A being that can controll mater/energy and rearrange his cells from kryptonian to human, than kill him.
>>
>>46628591
Saitama's superpower is omnipotent strength and endurance. It's even stated to be without limit in the manga.

Of course, this is all just make-believe anyway, so saying "NUH-UH, MUH CHARACTER IS STRONGER" is just going to devolve into a school-yard tier argument about shit which doesn't really matter.
>>
>>46628476
remove the sun so he loses his super powers and becomes a normal being.

the only alternitive with your hand-wavium magic.
>>
How do you stop a shitposter that is immune to reasoning, anon?
>>
>>46628687
>Saitama's superpower is omnipotent strength and endurance. It's even stated to be without limit in the manga.
>Of course, this is all just make-believe anyway, so saying "NUH-UH, MUH CHARACTER IS STRONGER" is just going to devolve into a school-yard tier argument about shit which doesn't really matter.

I don't know why you posted the same sentence twice.
>>
>>46628687
All that requires is a method of removing, altering or stealing said omnipotence, which we went through with in the campaign.

You really need to be more imaginative.
>>
File: Men_Laughing_With_Salad2.jpg (138 KB, 302x397) Image search: [Google]
Men_Laughing_With_Salad2.jpg
138 KB, 302x397
>>46628476
>>
>>46628476
>defeat a Superman clone
Look sympathetic and throw everything you've got at him until the real Superman shows up to save the day.

>immune to kryptonite
Fuck you.
>>
>>46628591
How? Saitama is a parody character which power is "nuh nuh I'm stronger", he's Japanese Power man, you can't beat him
>>
File: magic.gif (5 MB, 581x237) Image search: [Google]
magic.gif
5 MB, 581x237
>>46628687
Just put him in a pocket dimension and leave him there.
>>
>>46628624
Depens, is he using all his strength? if so, say bye bye to reality, doesn't matter if he lives or dies, everything else is poof as stated by the Author, if Saitama uses all his power he accidentally the multiverse.
>>
>>46628650
Superman trained how to defend himself from telepaths and he doesn't need to eat all the energy he needs comes from the life giving light of the sun.
>>
>>46628591
As long as is not anything physically or videogamey related, sure, you can beat him.

...isn't he also a humongous otaku? maybe you can't beat him at that too.
>>
>>46628789
He'd punch his way out. If Superboy could do it, Saitama could.
>>
>>46628780
Through cheating, effectively. Using methods that exist within the setting to deconstruct and redefine what Saitama is capable and exactly what he is.

In order to defeat him, you must make the idea of defeating him a possible one. This can be done with Superman, Goku, any other omnipotent character that you can name. Characters that are so powerful in such a straight-forward way can easily be written off by characters with more esoteric and wild characteristics and abilities.
>>
>>46628476
Red sun energy
Metal attacks

If he has similar moral compass, put in danger as many people as you can, in convoluted as fuck ways, that will keep him bussy for a while so you can come up with a better plan
>>
>>46628807
Good with that.
>>
>>46628476
Two Superman clone who are also resistant to magic and kryptonite.
>>
>>46628819
Good luck with that*
>>
>>46628807

Give him the ads for a whole bunch of grocery stores that are currently having a sale.

Then give him like $50.

It might not permanently keep him down, but you got maybe a day at most of him off your back.
>>
>>46628563
I know this is /tg/ but that's literally how it works. He isn't affected by Kryptonite that came specifically from his Krypton, like his exact Krypton from his Universe. I think it was because of how Krypton was destroyed differently in his earth or something.
>>
>>46628845
fuck I meant didn't came
>>
>>46628845

So we do as >>46628651 suggests then.
>>
>>46628476
About one level in most any class.
>>
To paraphrase the standard /tg/ response to any question: depends on the writer.
>>
>>46628799
>trained against telepaths
Not really, what is starro, what is mongul.
Since it wasnt in the op text. He is vulnarable against telepaths.

>food
That means ligh/sun is his food, and i said to not let him eat, defacto destroy suns or stop him from getting sunlight.

Superman is defeated, like i wrote. 3times, with what is posted here, there are more than a handfull ways to kill the s-man clone.

/thread closed.
>>
>>46628716
But WHY would you want to kill saitama? I'm Gonna guess you guys were playing a bunch of sociopathic edge lords who rewrite reality at will.
>>
>>46628476

Clone him. Swarm him with imperfect clones.

Biological weapons might work, but his anatomy might fuck it up. Certain wavelengths of energy. Radiation - A nuke might work. It certainly messed up Superman real bad.
>>
>>46628613
>>my GM statted a character ineffectively and didn't want to kill all of us
>>
>>46628810
Yes, if you were creative, there are several ways to kill him or morally defeat him.
>>
>>46628978
Not the anon, but i could guess they were either "superhero gone bad" or setting "powerfull beings are too dangerous"
>>
>>46628800
King beats him in vidya.

>>46628810
>Through cheating, effectively. Using methods that exist within the setting to deconstruct and redefine what Saitama is capable and exactly what he is.
>>46629008
He is already deconstructed. His default state is "loss" because he wants a good fight and never gets it.
So you characters literally did nothing if you were actually smart about it.

>>46628716
Or apparently what >>46628978 said, you just "lol reality rewrite" for pure wankery.
Also if you took away his powers, he can now experience real feeling of fighting again, so he actually won.

>>46628624
Saitama's durability is on the same scale as his punching.
So, subjective effects for him would be same as if you anon punched yourself in your own face.
There's going to be air-splitting shockwave and shit, but the end result on his face is going to be the same as your face.

>>46628982
Bio and chem weapons work on regular superman when they're laced with kryptonite. That's a common thing.
Nuke just barely matches his invulnerability, which varies from writer to writer, so some versions may or may not work.

Wavelength - oh yes, light of the red sun is another depowering thing, like kryptonite. OP would probably claim doesn't count on it too though.
>>
>>46629096
>OP would probably claim doesn't count on it too though.
Unlikely, Superboy Prime (the one in the OP image) is still depowered by red sun energy. He's not depowered by kryptonite because no kryptonite from his universe exists except when alt-universe Legion of Superheroes showed up and created some.
>>
File: jojo1_zpseed5da44.png (478 KB, 800x449) Image search: [Google]
jojo1_zpseed5da44.png
478 KB, 800x449
>>46629096
>Wavelength - oh yes, light of the red sun is another depowering thing, like kryptonite
Does it mean that the nazi could defeat him?
>>
>>46628476
If say a nuke but that probably won't quite do it either

You need to find a reality with no super man and go there, destroying the old reality in your wake. Than PRAY he didn't escape somehow.
>>
>>46628516
Saitama's kind of cheating, his power is literally just "being the strongest," his only real "weakness" is that his Int and Wis are a bit below average, but having Genos around kind of makes up for that.
>>
>>46629279
and "immune to kryptonite" superman isnt cheating?
>>
>>46628650
>Frighten him and target his loved ones
You realize he's pretty emotionally deadened, right? Also, his only real friend is Genos, who can handle himself pretty well.
>Telepaths
He's shown to be extremely resistant (or outright immune) to psychic powers.
>>
>>46629288
He still has limitations, though, just keep him away from a yellow sun. Hell, he's not really invincible to begin with, just extremely, EXTREMELY durable.
>>
>>46629324
Didn't the strongest psychic in his setting try to lift him off the ground and collapsed after lifting an inch, saying he was "too heavy".
>>
>>46629324
He was talking about Superman, the actual topic of the thread.

I swear, OPM-fans keep using "it's a parody" as a shield even though they take it ten times more seriously than anyone else and treat Saitama as the most innovative character of all time.
>>
>>46629398
At least Saitama's amusing for being brokenly powerful, Superman's "I'm invincible unless the writer says I'm not or I'm around green space rocks that are extremely rare but every villain still somehow has a massive stockpile of" is boring.
>>
>>46629568
As long as you get to feel superior for liking something effectively identical, anon.
>>
>>46629659
>Projecting this hard
>>
>>46629659
Stop giving yourself away, anon, no one will take the bait if you try so hard.
>>
>>46629680
>>46629684
You're already taking it if you're responding so quickly. Relax, you don't need to defend Saitama's honor so hard.
>>
>>46628476

Kryptonite?
>>
File: Bizarro.jpg (120 KB, 520x661) Image search: [Google]
Bizarro.jpg
120 KB, 520x661
>>46628476
>>46628651
'ere we go
>>
>>46629702
OP keeps tacking on "nah that don't work m8" every time someone makes a suggestion, right now that includes kryptonite, not having a yellow sun, and magic.
>>
Kryptonite gas grenades painted as normal explosive grenades. The kryptonite spear. That bat mech suit. Basically re-make the batman vs superman scenario.
>>
>>46629712
Shouldn't Bizarro want to be letter z instead of number 1?
>>
>>46628613
Well, no, you didn't. You defeat some imposter that you thought was Saitama, but clearly wasnt or you would have lost
>>
>>46630321
It's a parody, stop taking it so seriously and accept that Saitama is fallible.
>>
>>46630257
That's what he wants you to think. But by being #1 he's even more bizarre!
>>
>>46630352
>Saitama is fallible.
he isn't though. That's literally the point of his character, it's a joke. And your little dnd group didn't do jack shit.
>>
>>46628476
Plastic Man.
>>
I thought nothing could top the "Star Wars vs. 40K" threads, but OPM fanboys have proven me wrong.

Please, keep trying to convince us that your favorite comic book character could totally beat up this other comic book character
>>
>>46630374
We did, within a setting where his one-trick-pony joke doesn't stand up to logic.

You're defending this joke far too hard.
>>
File: 1438729624680.jpg (60 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1438729624680.jpg
60 KB, 600x600
>>46628476
Ea gg
>>
>>46630478
>within a setting where his one-trick-pony joke doesn't stand up to logic.
Then you didn't beat Saitama
>>
>>46630554
Except he was identical in every way and possessed every single trait that OPM Saitama had, without being distinguishable at all. Aside from the fact we were able to beat him, which almost anyone with a modicum of intelligence could do in logical settings.
>>
>>46628591
My dm gave me a dragon, I don't see what's so special about dragons they're total wusses.
>>
>>46630587
How did you beat him?
>>
>>46630594
In this specific instance, time travel was used, since we still had a trip back in time left over as a favor from a particular cosmic entity. We concocted other possible plans but this was one we had to expend the least resources to accomplish.

The ability to win every fight means nothing if you're able to sidestep the act of fighting at all.
>>
>>46630594
He said "your power don't make any sense" and then he lost all of his power.
>>
>>46628476
dunno, divine intervention probably.
>>
>>46630634
>time travel
You beat past Saitama, not Saitama.
>>
>>46628476
It depends, are we talking about an actual clone of Superman himself or an expy of him?
>>
>>46630478
>GAIZ GAIZ we beat this fictional character outside of his setting with our own ruleset that can be changed at the whim of a single person! Aren't we so strong and macho?
>>
>>46630665
And prevented existing Saitama from ever existing. I'd call that a sound defeat, especially since he's incapable of stopping it.

Not so omnipotent after all, I guess.
>>
>>46628476
A low-generation Lasombra, or anyone else who has a lot of obtenebration. trap him in darkness and have a form that he can't touch, and just wait him out until he runs out of solar energy
>>
>>46630688
You're the one that's got a problem with it. In a setting that isn't a crude facsimile designed to 'deconstruct' capeshit, a character like Saitama can easily be taken apart. It's just the truth.
>>
>>46630688
Anon, take a moment to look at your post. Now look around your room. Do you feel as pathetic about your life choices as you should?
>>
>>46630710
time travel and another character that's all-powerful in a different way are the only real ways to beat someone who's powers are "can't lose" and "always stronger than the other guy".

and only then if your setting's time travel doesn't ascribe to multiverse theory
>>
>>46630694
>Not so omnipotent after all
No one said Saitama was omnipotent, they said he was unbeatable.
And you didn't beat him, you didn't even fight him. So their point still stands.
>>
>>46630757
See >>46628687.
>>
>>46630757
Technically the word omnipotent was used in this thread, but only to refer to strength and durability so your point is perfectly valid.

Just getting ahead of some twat thinking the word was used, and the context doesn't matter.
>>
>>46630794
>>46630777

FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
>>
>>46630777
>omnipotent strength and endurance
He's using it as a synonym for unlimited, not in it's actual definition.
So you're both idiots, him for using the word wrong, and you for not getting what he meant from context clues.
>>
File: Caped Baldy.jpg (81 KB, 600x849) Image search: [Google]
Caped Baldy.jpg
81 KB, 600x849
>>46628516
>Saitama

>Not using his hero name
>>
>>46630842
Right okay anon. I'm going to have to explain something to you.

You can't beat OPM.

That's his power. That's his entire character. It might not make any logical sense, but that doesn't matter. You can't beat him. If you take him into your "intellectual" "logical" setting read: circle jerking over how clever you think you are and make him beatable, you haven't beaten him. You've essentially knocked down a strawman, what you think looks like Saitama, but isn't, so you can boast to other people and congratulate each other on how smart and logical you are.

I know you're not going to listen to us right now, but you'll grow up soon and understand you don't need to act out these silly power fantasies over how smart you are. Or you're an adult, in which case you're rather pathetic
>>
>>46628687
>Let's play a game. Say a number.
>22
>23. I win.
>>
>>46631047
So why introduce him to discussions like this as though shoving in a character that can't objectively be defeated is innovative, interesting or witty?

Versus threads were shitty in the first place but OPM fans swarming to them to mention their pride and joy, Saitama makes them even worse.
>>
>>46631136
I didn't, it was the jackass who strutted out all proud that he and his buddies were so smart, they defeated a character whose power can best be broken down into "I win"

If you really want to try have a versus thread, which isn't the best idea in the first place, involving Saitama is stupid, because he wins by default.
>>
>>46631180
But could Saitama beat Accelerator?
>>
>>46631136
No one did that. OP asked who could beat superman, the first poster in the thread said Saitama, because that's the truth. The thread went sideways when some idiot said his dumbass dnd group beat him
>>
>>46631180
Yet people involve Saitama despite how stupid it is and immediately rush to his defense should someone claim that he can be beaten. It's the only reason why this thread has nearly one hundred posts and could have up to three hundred.

I just love parading out the 'I beat Saitama in my campaign' bait because OPM-fags cannot resist biting, especially after they mention how he can't be beaten. They're the ones who were daft enough to involve Saitama, I just jumped on the opportunity to take the piss out of OPM-fags.
>>
>>46631300
>merely pretending
go back
>>
>>46631285
To say Saitama can defeat anyone is to say that the sky is blue. It's pointless and adds nothing to the discussion. Whoever brings up Saitama in the first place invited the trolling upon themselves.
>>
>>46631246
Yes. And it wouldn't matter if he could, because none of the OPM stories revolve around if he can beat something. That's the whole point. It's like asking if someone could beat Popeye who's eaten the can of spinach. You can't beat him, because that's the joke. Every piece of comedy or drama about Saitama revolves around him being entirely unbeatable.

Which is why anyone who drags Saitama into power level arguments is an idiot.

This thread was supposed to be about defeating a superman analogue, anyway. Speaking of, anyone here read Irredeemable? Similar hook. Superman equivalent in a world where no one knows his origin story, and thus they don't even know if he has a kryptonite, desparately searching for the magic bullet after he snapped and started blowing up cities.
>>
>>46631321
I wasn't pretend, I really am retarded.

Not as much as OPM-fags though, thank fuck.
>>
>>46631326
This thread was a joke from the start.

"Who could beat superman if he was immune to kryptonite and didn't need the sun?"

"Saitama"

Thread over. Because that's literally the whole list.
>>
>>46631300
>hurr durr I was only pretending to be retarded
>hurr get trolled fgit, ur assmad hurr

Stop.

>>46631326
>>46631329

This, basically.
>>
>>46631360
Then let it die, don't even waste time posting Saitama. Because that invited this mess.
>>
>>46631385
I'm not the one dropping spaghetti about how my super awesome l33t dnd group beat him
>>
>>46631047
In my book he beat him.
The plan would work, so by preventing him, he was beaten.
If you say he wasnt Saitama, its just a wording, not a being problem.
>>
>>46629279
The best way to defeat Saitama is to challenge him in a fighting game he thinks he's good at. Then proceed to wipe the floor with the 1frame infinite that your other party member discovered when fucking around in the training mode.
>>
>>46631365
Well, you're invested enough in the trolling to still be replying. So I did something right, huh?
>>
File: 1403497278310.png (661 KB, 1593x5000) Image search: [Google]
1403497278310.png
661 KB, 1593x5000
>>46628516
I think you posted wrong picture by accident.
>>
>>46631402
I'm not the one biting the bait and actually responding to said spaghetti.

Retards attract even greater retards, from the look of things.
>>
>>46631136
I even dont understand this either.
He is a parody, so he isnt relatable to anything. Thats if you compare the Bugs Bunnys with Superman, since both worlds follows different logic rules.
>>
>>46631409
Saitama would still beat Power Man because Saitama cannot be beaten, so the entire concept of Power Man is pointless and defunct, because Saitama cannot be beaten. Since Saitama cannot be beaten, there's no use in claiming that this character would win all internet arguments because he wouldn't win this one, as Saitama cannot be beaten.
>>
>>46631285
But anon they beat him. Like he wrote. He is beatable.
>>
>>46631460
Sounds like pseudointellectual masturbation on your part, maybe you should grow up and abandon your childish power fantasies :^)
>>
>>46631404
Since you clearly don't understand, I'll try one last time.

Saitama's powers are a plot device. His character, and indeed the entire manga, revolves around the fact he is not only undefeatable, but that he can defeat everyone else. With ease. Not even trying.

It's fun to try and defeat otherwise invincible or unstoppable characters, I get it. But when the character is Saitama, it's pointless. It's like saying you beat Pop-Eye in a strength contest after he's eaten spinach. You can't, it's his thing. Saitama lacks even the smallest weakness. He's not meant to be a relatable or believable character.
>>
>>46631494
But Saitama cannot be beaten, therefore you are wrong and I am right because Saitama cannot be beaten and claiming otherwise is wrong because Saitama cannot be beaten and if you claim otherwise you are stupid because the truth of the matter is that Saitama cannot be beaten and that's why it's such a good parody anime because Saitama cannot be beaten and since Saitama cannot be beaten he's such an interesting, thought-provoking character because Saitama cannot be beaten. That's why we never talk about any other facet of the anime/manga other than the fact that Saitama cannot be beaten, because Saitama cannot be beaten and the fact that Saitama cannot be beaten is so much more interesting than anything else that the anime has to offer, so Saitama cannot be beaten.
>>
>>46631550
Okay, okay, we get it, it's a rhetorical tautology.
>>
>>46630634
>time travel
>Evil Overlord Larry time travels and kills the mother/creator of every past and future adventurer while she's taking a dump. You lose, all your back-up characters are dead too.
>Hey, calm down, guys! We're just having fun, it's the logical step the bad guy would take once he made a time machine, anyway. I don't see why you're all so upset.
>>
>>46631550
Nice strawman, fuckwit.
>>
File: 1445940649484.jpg (65 KB, 567x561) Image search: [Google]
1445940649484.jpg
65 KB, 567x561
>>46628716
Why the fuck are you acting so smug about this? You worked outside the established rules of a characters universe to achieve 'victory'. By the same logic in a game of chess I can just knock my opponents pieces off the table and move my guys into position for check mate. I'm still a dumb cunt for doing it because that's not the point of the game.
>>
>>46631695
Why are you so defensive of a cartoon character in somebody else's game?
Do you also get this upset when you find porn of you're waifu on the internet?

And don't pretend it's about logic. If you applied any, you wouldn't have been participating in this thread.
>>
>>46631650
Sure. That's why all everyone ever talks about when it comes to OPM is how badass Saitama and his unbeatable nature are. That's why I see literally no other discussion anywhere about the anime or manga outside of that.

People claim that it's a thought-provoking parody when all they do is fixate on the most basic facets on OPM and masturbate over Saitama's unbeatable nature and post about it as though they're being witty in threads like this.
>>
>>46631734
no one is mad that you used saitama

people are mad that they have to breathe the same air as you
>>
>>46631734
As the guy who just popped up to watch this trainwreck, there needs to be an understanding of what OPM is: a walking plot device.
By "beating" OPM, you aren't defeating him, you are breaking a setting point which is actually outside the circumstances. It's like saying you beat a force of nature. No, you didn't, because it's not something you can "defeat", as though it is a thing of willful malevolence.
Now I'm exiting this thread, because the circle jerk will go on for at least another 50 posts of 1-3 people keeping the troll going and another 2-5 people biting the bait.
>>
>>46628476
We convince him not to fight.
>>
>>46631776
By bringing a walking plot device into a versus thread, you do nothing. You make no statement. You claim the sky is blue. It's pointless and worthy of nothing but ridicule and trolling.
>>
>>46631755

Honestly, this. OPM fags are the new horse molesters.
>>
>>46631798
It's pointless to contribute, anyway, the times people made actual suggestions, OP replied with "He's also immune to that."
>>
>>46628476

Cut him with a lightsaber.
>>
>>46631857
Then this thread is a cancerous waste of time and the best thing to do is just drop out.
>>
>>46630721
Hm, let's see. Not at all. I'm not the one trying to boast about beating up a fictional character with a different set of make believe rules to a bunch of people I'm don't know.
>>
>>46630397
You might be onto something
>>
>>46631798
>versus
This wasn't a versus thread at all.
OP is
>What would be needed to defeat a Superman clone, in a fantasy or modern-world setting, who's also resistant to magic?
How OPM, who is literally a plot device on par with Alucard, was brought up, or why, is beside the point.
For some reason, you are intent on bringing him up as much, if not more, than anyone else.
It's why your bait stinks so much, so enjoy your entirely derailed thread, fuck you, catch zika.
>>
>>46631897
It's an open-ended versus thread. OP provides one side of it, we're expected to introduce the other.
>>
>>46628476
Hit him with a lot of magic. If he's just resistant then eventually he'll succumb.
>>
>>46631857
>>46631868
It's quite obvious that OP is Grant Morrison, evidenced by the continual power creep of Superman as Grant's Superman is God in a blue suit and red cape, so the answer is replace him Morrison as the writer of Superman with someone who writes a fallible version of the character.
>>
>>46631897
>catch zika
that hardly does anything unless you're pregnant and even then it's to the baby mostly.
>>
>>46631755

>thought-provoking

I'm a OPM fan, and I can say it's in no way thought-provoking. He's just manga/anime powerman, a reaction to the ever one-upping and ridiculous power levels depicted in anime.
>>
Bullying over his dead wife.
>>
>time traveling yo kill Saitama
1. You're a bunch of meta gamers, Saitama, even as a super hero, is literally a nobody, noone but for Xenos, King and that old guy even pays him attention, he's secondary power might as well just be obfuscate, not even the bad guys know he exists, so what's your reason behind the time travel? Because getting rid of caped badly can't be, that's like time traveling to get rid of a particular ant nobody paid attention ever
2. He's a nobody, how do you track him? This isn't like killing Hitler, this is like killing John Doe, Noone has info of him because he's unimportant as fuck, nobody knows his origin, nobody knows shit about him
3. Congrats, you just accidentally the Earth, he's the reason humankind didn't went extinct and monsters are ruling the planet

Now hon be edgy contrarias somewhere else
>>
>people are still replying

wow, it was good bait after all.
>>
A superior plot armour

Here are a few suggestions:
>The Doctor
>Saitama
>Batman
>Any super hero from a western comic
>DMPCs
>Any shounen protagonist
>Macgyver
>>
>>46632390
Punisher, he rivals with Batman in plot armor shit
>>
>>46632261
What I want to know is why they did it. He's basically a nobody that takes credit for the work of other heroes and got lucky one time with the meteor (and even then he destroyed most of Z city). Besides, if you time travel to kill him then there's the ancient alien super warrior coming with his DBZ level power. You can't even time travel this one since for the last 20 years he was going faster-than-light to earth from a random direction. Good luck stopping that guy.
>>
>>46632390
Forgot
>Biblical God
somewhere between
>The Doctor
and
>Saitama
>>
>>46628476
The Flash.
>>
>>46632390
>Roadrunner
>Saitama
>The Doctor
>Batman
>Key characters in video games
>Any super hero from a western comic
>DMPCs
>Any shounen protagonist
>Macgyver

Fixed it for you.
>>
>>46631620
I also fail to see why you're so upset.
>>
>>46628687
According to ONE's twitter a full power punch would destroy half the universe. So if you can take and give back that sort of power you can give him a fight.
>>
>>46633579
>According to ONE's twitter a full power punch would destroy half the universe.
Note that he also said that the other half only survives because it's not in front of his fist.
>>
>>46633379
Personally both sides are retarded. Saitama is just the new flavor of "nuh-uh, his power is literal omnipotence and +1 to win!" when it's obvious in HIS universe he's just ridiculously overpowered, and even then he's not 100% invincible.

But that level of smugness over beating a fictional character, and I can just tell by the way they typed it, that they're a terrible person, and so is their game. The type of person to google powerwiki for a power in mutants and masterminds and say their character and o all that, or come up with absolute manipulation and talk about how original, and intelligent they are for using it. Like holy shit, I can see it now.
>>
>>46631888
The only thing Plastic Man might have trouble with is extreme temperatures. Aside from that, he can stretch himself pretty much infinitely, is immune to psychic abilities, can take a crap ton of damage due to being able to stretch, and can regenerate himself.
>>
>>46630652
This. Let's see if he can withstand the wrath of the gods.

It worked for the First Age elves when they couldn't take down Morgoth on their own. Seems like it's worth a try here.
>>
>>46633636
Gurren lagann could maybe make a fight of it?
If shakablue from shakara had gotten his god machine to work he might be able to do it. Fairly sure there are a handful of people who could do it.
>>
>being this mad over a parody character being a parody
Kek
>>
>>46633683
>Personally both sides are retarded. Saitama is just the new flavor of "nuh-uh, his power is literal omnipotence and +1 to win!" when it's obvious in HIS universe he's just ridiculously overpowered, and even then he's not 100% invincible.
No, that's not the problem.

The problem is that people who run these "Saitama vs" arguments fail to understand the fundamental problem of the argument: it all depends on what setting you're in, and how the world works.

If you're in Saitama's universe, you lose plain and simple. For the same reason that if you're in the universe of Looney Tunes, there's likely no fucking way you're gonna catch the Roadrunner, even if you're the fucking Flash.

>>46633795
>Gurren lagann could maybe make a fight of it?
Epic characters like that could probably last a Serious Series punch. But if he probably puts true full power into it, I'm sure he'll take out anything... as ultimately, the comedy of the series comes from the fact that he'll never get the good fight he desires.

He loses if you lose. He wins if you win.
>>
>>46633857
Well the fact that he cant one shot a universe means there is a limit to his power. Its just so high that for most it wouldn't matter. Technically if you can take out the universe in one shot you are stronger then him.
>>
>>46633923
>Well the fact that he cant one shot a universe means there is a limit to his power.

Actually, see >>46633636. There's not a limit to his power, just a limit to his firing angle.

Put him on the outside of a universe, and he just might be able to destroy the whole thing.

>Technically if you can take out the universe in one shot you are stronger then him.
Not necessarily. You're assuming his strength is on par with his endurance. What if he can endure harder hits than he can dish out?
>>
>>46633991
Its unlikely. And a limit on his firing angle is still a limit on his power. If he cant apply it somewhere then its being limited.

That said the number of characters who could deal with that are very limited, demonbane being the only one I can think of because there is a demonbane that is just saitama.
>>
>>46634062
>Its unlikely. And a limit on his firing angle is still a limit on his power. If he cant apply it somewhere then its being limited.
But is it a limitation that matters? In the case of Gurren Lagann, does that machine seem like it could assuredly stay behind Saitama at all times? Note that he also moves faster than light.

>That said the number of characters who could deal with that are very limited, demonbane being the only one I can think of because there is a demonbane that is just saitama.
I've heard of the game, but don't really know how the magic works in it.
>>
>>46634268
>In the case of Gurren Lagann, does that machine seem like it could assuredly stay behind Saitama at all times?
Even that doesn't matter. He backhand-murders several monsters, so he can clearly hit things behind himself.
>>
>>46634268
As far as I understand demonbane is a mech. And every goodguy in every universe has a demonbane version or something?
Either way demonbane is always the end of whos the strongest arguments because he has the powers of every protagonist and is also a mech.

Also gurren lagann can teleport so it can theoretically stay behind him.
>>
>>46634268
Saitama has two fists, can't he punch in both directions and destroy the whole universe at the same time?
>>
>>46634430
Not at full power.
>>
>>46634395
>Either way demonbane is always the end of whos the strongest arguments because he has the powers of every protagonist and is also a mech.
What about the Superman Thought Robot?
>>
>>46634473
Was that a good guy at some point?
>>
>>46634456
Infinity/2 is still infinity
>>
>>46634395
So I did the research.

Elder God Demonbane is a Good-aligned Cthuloid horror. His ultimate power is that of existence... no matter what you do to kill him, he can summon himself from any other universe in which he exists, or can even conjure himself from non-existence (remember, Cthuloid horrors can exist outside reality, so they don't need to "exist" like mortals do, per se).

That said, he's a being of goodness. He wouldn't even fight Saitama, so it's a nondiscussion. Like asking someone "which one of your kids would you rape?" There is no real answer because it's a non-scenario.
>>
>>46634504
If he had infinity power he could punch hard enough to destroy the entire universe no matter which direction he was facing. The shock wave or whatever from the blast in front of him would be enough to destroy everything behind him.
>>
File: miyazaki.jpg (56 KB, 1022x547) Image search: [Google]
miyazaki.jpg
56 KB, 1022x547
>>46628476
disney paid reviews
>>
>>46634497
Yes, it's pretty much the exact same thing as Demonbane, except piloted by Superman and Ultraman, aka Evil Superman.
>>
>>46634569
Well then in some universe the thought robot is demonbane.
>>
>>46634564
Kek.
>>
>>46634555
I should addend my statement to "Elder God Demonbane is a Good-aligned ARTIFICIAL Cthuloid horror."
>>
>>46634596
But the thought robot is made up of all the stories of heroism.
So Demonbane is the Thought Robot.
>>
>>46634699
Pretty much I guess.
Apparently they are pretty good games. Although I think they might have porn shit tacked on.
>>
File: 1457752023931.jpg (79 KB, 301x312) Image search: [Google]
1457752023931.jpg
79 KB, 301x312
>>46634564
>>
>>46634740
>Although I think they might have porn shit tacked on.
Only the first one according to VNDB.
Though that is also the only one translated.
>>
>>46634062
>That said the number of characters who could deal with that are very limited, demonbane being the only one I can think of because there is a demonbane that is just saitama.
That's not how Demonbane works.

Demonbane exists in multiple parallel universes (you know, multiple versions of the same universe he's from, but down different versions where events happened differently), just like everything else in reality. If its about to be destroyed, it can used the Shining Trapezohedron to cut a hole in the universe to one of those parallel universes, allowing that version of Demonbane to come through.

There isn't a version of Demonbane for every universe that exists, people. Jesus fuck. But there is an infinite number of parallel universes, so there's an infinite number of Demonbanes.

Of course, any character that can reach into parallel universes has this power, theoretically. The new Flash show does this shit all the time.
>>
>>46634896
If there are infinite demonbanes then that means there is a version of demonbane that is anything. Technically there would be a demonbane that is me shitposting on 4chan.
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>46628476
.. Summon Kryptonite Elemental IX?
>>
>>46632282
>wow, it was good bait after all.
Don't kid yourself, anon. It was EXCELLENT bait.

OPM fanboys have absolutely DESTROYED their own anuses bouncing up and down on the goalpoasts.
>>
>>46634978
Yep, for those enemies who can only be defeated by shitposting, we're the vanguard!
>>
>>46630594
Not that anon, but he is beatable. He has infinte strength and endurance, so he'll win any physical fight.
So just challenge him to chess. He's not that bright, just very down to earth.
If you're good enough, you'll beat him.
>>
>>46630587
>Aside from the fact we were able to beat him
That's where it was decided you weren't fighting OPM.
>>
>people taking seriously ONE's comment about Saitama's strength
The guy was simply 'avin a giggle at fans trying to know the exact measure of Saitama's strength, which is a retarded thing to do so he simply made a joke, yet people keep going around using it as some kind of solid demonstration of his exac strength
>>
>>46628476
By YHWH intervention. This is always the answer to retarded powercreep
>>
>>46637847
>yet people keep going around using it as some kind of solid demonstration of his exac strength
>bashing people for using word of god to explain a character's powers
okay.jpg
>>
>>46628476
1. Teleporter Ray
2. Coordinates of a black hole.
>>
File: 1451132-20.jpg (981 KB, 1280x1977) Image search: [Google]
1451132-20.jpg
981 KB, 1280x1977
>>46628476
I don't know, how DID they beat Superboy-Prime?
>>
>>46628476
Deadpool, because he can break the fourth wall and hopefully kill OP and anyone else who shares his ideas.
>>
>>46638482
The Flash's threw him into the Speed Force and that did the trick I think.
>>
>>46638482
The Flash's threw him into the speed force, that did the trick.
>>
>>46628476
>What would be needed to defeat a Superman clone, in a fantasy or modern-world setting, who's also resistant to magic?

You just need to use cultural marxism to make he kill himself

>Back to /pol/
Look you think cultural marxism doenst exist because it would be a ultra hard thing to do and would require power, money, it would be almost impossible....

The thing is, we are talking about defeating superman here, stop expecting to beat him with easy to do stuff
>>
Simple, nuke in enclosed space (one that can withstand the pressure wave) will kill him.

Superheroes can often quite rightly shake off a nuke because very little of the pressure wave will be going at any given person sized target, while channeling the full force of a nuke's pressure wave into their sinuses will kill ANYTHING that can be done in by kinetic force from another superbeing. Remember, Superman was put into a coma by regular ole kinetic force, and not even nuclear strength ones.

Nuclear EFPs are also an option.

Basically there are virtually no superheroes who have been subjected to even 1% of this kind of attack.
>>
>>46628915
Dark Sun isn't anywhere near that powerful, but Kinetic Control from DS2e would let you go for him blow for blow and win effortlessly, a la Sebastian Shaw.
>>
>>46638745
I dunno, hulk punched his way out of a super massive black hole, I think he can survive that. Also if hulk can so can superman who survived being punched by hulk
>>
>>46628684
Why would you bother rearanging him into a human at that point? That seems like you are just asking for a string of stupidity leading to human superman wining.

Just go straight to jelly.
>>
File: 1417118746387.gif (280 KB, 504x795) Image search: [Google]
1417118746387.gif
280 KB, 504x795
>>46638745
not a terrible idea, but you're skipping over the part where you manage to trap superman in a box.

i would prefer just raining down every nuke in existence on him. this would only work if we're talking about a good version of superman who is willing to tank hundreds of nukes to prevent billions of deaths resulting from a nuclear holocaust, since otherwise he could easily dodge the missiles. something of a high-risk maneuver, but in a modern setting without other superheroes that's your best bet.
>>
Any one of the thousands of heroes who can utterly and absolutely nullify powers. Seriously, it's a super common trope, just find one.

Then give him a gun.
>>
>>46638833
>Also if hulk can so can superman who survived being punched by hulk

That doesn't follow at all, the punch from Hulk is nothing compared to a nuclear blast. And yeah, Hulk is a rare exception.
>>
>>46638932
>trope
You can leave now
>>
>>46638969
>punched so hard he broke out of a super massive black hole
>somehow this punch is weaker than a nuke
Ok
>>
>>46638913
wellp whatever is going on in that picture looks a lot more damaging than what I was thinking of, nevermind
>>
>>46638913
Who feeds him?
>>
>>46638988
Believe it or not, the word existed well before anyone alive today was born.

>>>/out/
>>
>>46628476
Superman isn't infinitely tough, he can be hurt. So if his traditional weaknesses don't count it's just a question of finding a being that can hit him with more force than what he can take. Like Fantasy Doomsday or some sort of god.
>>
Assuming we're talking about SuperBoy Prime like in pic related, simply put you don't. He's immune to Kryptonite and has all the powers of silver age Superman plus being super crazy.

You could get an army of similarly powered Supermen from across the multiverse but you're still fucked. They might beat him but they'll destroy everything around them.

Honestly the best thing to do is either convince him to not destroy your world by appealing to his belief that he's a hero.

That or point him in the direction of something else
>>
Fuck your shit
>>
Why is Superboy Prime so crazy?
>>
>>46631409
Have you ever seen Power Man and Saitama in the same room... That must mean, they are both the same.

No seriously they are in essence identical. They are even both bald, because the artist was to lazy/incompetent to put hair on the guy.
>>
>>46640139
Total faggot who got his earth destroyed, hung out with other faggots who got their earth destroyed
>>
>>46628476
Popeye with some spinach
>>
>>46640309
Lel
>>
>>46640276
Superboy Prime is a colossal emo
>>
>>46628476
Is it really Superman if he's resistant to magic
Also this reeks of power level wankery
>>
>>46629149
Yes. They just need to do enough astronomy to figure the wavelength and then he's toast.
(And yes artificial light works, Batman did it at least once, IIRC when he was a sovietbat with ushanka)
>>
>>46640202
Except Saitama is born from and played for good comedy while Powerman is born out of autistic nerdrage and never ever achieved what he's supposed to achieve.
>>
>>46640139
He spent an indeterminate amount of time watching the DC Universe unfold during the 90s to mid 00's.
All the meanwhile all he could think of was how he could have done things so much better than anyone.
>>
>>46628476
If it's an honest superman clone? If this includes personality, bring in a Lex Luthor-type to deconstruct him (see: Red Son). He's as good as done.

Failing that... send him to the Phantom Zone, or equivalent? Though knowing him he busted out in some story at some point.
>>
>>46643483
Is Sovietbat a thing? Because that sounds amazing
>>
>>46644927
Totally With bat ears on the ushanka and everything. I'll get a good image if I can remember which Convergence tie in he appeared in.
>>
>>46644927
>>46644964
He's from Superman Red Son
>>
>>46643483
Red Son. Where Superman landed in the USSR and his usual weakness of kryptonite did not appear. Instead it focused on his weakness to red sunlight.
>>
File: Batman E-30.png (798 KB, 814x524) Image search: [Google]
Batman E-30.png
798 KB, 814x524
>>46644984
He was also in Convergence: Detective Comics #2.
>>
>>46628476
Superman clone or Superman esque?
>>
D&D: Mirror of Opposition.
Exalted: Any of the various powers that makes an opposed clone of the target.
>>
File: 1126ckCOMIC-gm---god-god-man.png (1003 KB, 864x1143) Image search: [Google]
1126ckCOMIC-gm---god-god-man.png
1003 KB, 864x1143
Saitama and superman are fucking scrubs.

Who could beat God-God Man?
>>
File: 1243682649.jpg (25 KB, 264x400) Image search: [Google]
1243682649.jpg
25 KB, 264x400
>>46644927
>>46644964
>>
>>46645355
Saitama.
>>
>>46645420
"no"

I want weaboos to leave.
>>
>>46645458
And yes, Saitama.
>>
>>46628516
>le meme chinese cartoon punch dude
>>
>>46645691
Wat
>>
Just throw Batman at this omnipotent superman, like literally throw him and boom problem solved you know why...

BECAUSE HES THE GOD DAMN BATMAN! (mic drop)
>>
>>46646509

Batman has almost never beaten superman. In almost every conflict that wasn't 'Superman is mind controlled and holding back to some degree' Batman loses, hard.
>>
File: power man.png (713 KB, 1593x5000) Image search: [Google]
power man.png
713 KB, 1593x5000
>>46628682
For you, anon
>>
>>46646872
Power Man may be the most powerful man in fiction, but he is most certainly not the most powerful man in reality. If he was, stupid nerd arguments would already be ended forevermore.
>>
>>46646872
He still loses to Saitama because Saitama cannot be beaten.
>>
>>46643715
>Powerman is born out of autistic nerdrage and never ever achieved what he's supposed to achieve.
Seems like he gets a lot of autists outraged, which is what he's supposed to achieve.
>>
>>46646994
Saitama > all
>>
>>46647637
He's Disintegration Man
>>
I beat up Saitama in a Mutants & Masterminds game once, by using his own powers against him. Pretty proud of that.
>>
>>46648039
I know that feel, I once beat a balor in D&D with a 1st level character, rolled a nat20 and the fucker's head exploded, shit was so cash.
>>
File: 1444275938384.jpg (1 MB, 680x1671) Image search: [Google]
1444275938384.jpg
1 MB, 680x1671
>>46631300
I'll just leave this here
>>
>>46648039
Yes, its rather easy to beat him.
My group managed to trap him in a empty corner of the sunsystem and let fight him against a copy-bot, who copied his power constantly.
So Saitama still fights till end of dawn in this emptyness and my group took over the wworld.
Its not really beat him in strength but we managed to reach our goal of world domination and establish our selfs as the rightfull leaders with rules that say we are right.
Even if he manges to come for us, we show him the laws and he cant do shit against us without being the enemy, convincing him he has to kill himself.
>>
>>46628476
>>46628563
I refuse to play the Superboy Prime game. That fucker is a silly character that should not go into any kind of hypothetical scenario outside the official DC Comics.
Thread replies: 251
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.