[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A small Explorator fleet finds what they believe is a dormant
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (236 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
236 KB, 1024x768
A small Explorator fleet finds what they believe is a dormant STC on an abandoned Dark Age of Technology facility. As they power it up they come to realize that they have awoken a aincent AI. How would the Admech react to this news?
>>
>>46626928
KIll it with fire, then plasma, then melta, then some orbital bombardment
>>
>>46626928
PUUURGE!!!
>>
>>46626928
100010000-
[transmision lost]
>>
I just realized that a meeting between Admech and Glados would be hilarious.
>>
>>46627063
How do you call it when both sides of the couple are tsundere?
>>
>>46627080
A dysfunctional and unhealthy relationship to the extreme.
>>
>>46626928
Deploy the Cybernetica, activate psalm and general software defences before sending in Lexmechanics and Transmechanics to attempt to make contact with the AI. The AdMech aren't stupid enough to instantly disregard the possibility of recovering more STC blueprints due to an expected phenomenon of Golden Age tech.

Anyone who thinks otherwise, especially of Explorators are basing their views of the meme AdMech rather than the canon.
>>
Do you think Glados would test them for the promise of the blueprints for the portal gun?
>>
>>46627278
Of course. What else would she offer? Cake?
inb4 le meme is a lie.
>>
>>46627106
Imperium works on that kind of relationships
>>
>>46626928
My first thought is nuke it from orbit but looking at it more.

Some of the more radical admech will want to study it and more importantly if you blow it to hell you might take the stc with it.
There will be a precise and brutal strike followed by the sector being cordned of for several years while everything is studied
>>
>>46627344
Also this
>>46627180
If it's an explorator fleat most of them are going to be at least semi radical
>>
>>46626928
In the book Skitarii it is quite clearly revealed how much AdMech command is willing to sacrifice in order to gather data. Killing the AI would be the last thing on their agenda that I know for sure.
>>
>>46626928
The admech that hear about it (probably starting with any in the fleet) would have a schism, more likely than not - on the one mechadendrite thinking machines are tech-heresy of the highest order, and are extremely dangerous - if it thinks chaos can corrupt it.
On the other mechadendrite DAoT tech is valuable beyond measure, so this facility is a treasure trove.

So there'd probably be a small war over what to do with it, some value may be gained from the facility, but the AI itself will either have to be dismantled and destroyed or will become corrupted and the whole place would have to go.
>>
>>
>>46629219
>>
>>46629226
>>
>>46629234
>>
>>46629246
>>
>>46629257
>>
>>46629270
>>
>>46629280
>>
>>46629287
thanks
>>
>>46629219
Having some sort of Dark Age of Technology machine faction would be pretty neat desu,
>>
>>46629419
Didn't we create an Imperial world with a functioning A.I. about 4 months ago?

It survived by pretending to be a closed mechanicus order and had a succession of Imperial Governor puppets. It was shit scared of chaos and was very protective of its people.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.