[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Civilization Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 2
File: 4GNrKUO.jpg (948 KB, 1841x3681) Image search: [Google]
4GNrKUO.jpg
948 KB, 1841x3681
I ran the Undead/Necropolis Civ last week, and while that was fun, I'd like to start fresh with some of the things I learned last time in mind.

First suggestion to receive a second will be chosen, if this sees a lot of activity then I might change it to first suggestion to 3 votes.

Race/Location!
>>
Dark Elf/Floating Mana Waste Islands
>>
Myceanea - swamp
>>
>>46619420
>>46619573
Since no one else is posting, what timezone are you folks in?
>>
Subterrenean humans could be fun
>>
>>46619688
England time
>>
>>46619688
West coast here
>>
>>46619688
What about yourself sir?
>>
Mycenea swamp sounds good
>>
>>46619688
what timezone are you in, I'm in EST
>>
>>46619328
>>46619420
Seconding Dark Elf/Floating Mana Waste Islands
If possible, could we throw in the floating islands? I got this I idea of Dark Elf raiders using a literal floating island to raid cities.
>>
>>46619992
That sounds rad
I withdraw my underground humans
>>
>>46619992
Raidboatisland won me over, changan my vote
>>
>>46619992
so like we maneuver our floating fortress and rope down and fight shit? Or right as mercs for whoever wants floating islands on their side?
>>
>>46620111
Both?
>>
>>46620132
Both is good. I don't have the gif.
>>
>>46620010
>>46620016
Seeing as how we'll be residing in mana wastes, we'll need to raid in order to obtain stable resources, unless you guys just want to use floating islands without the hardmode area.
Also, what kinda Dark Elves do you guys wanna try to be like?

>>46620111
>>46620132
We can be both, I guess it depends on what we want to play as. I personally wanna go a militarized route and not only raid, but conquer with a floating fortress.
>>
>>46620167
Dark eldary kinda feel was what came to mind
>>
>>46620167
I mean we fight for whoever pays us if theres a war going on, and if not just raid shit.
>>
>>46620221
Mercenary types seems okay.
>>
>>46620191
...Who were descended from nomadic desert tribes before becoming slightly more civilized.
>>
In a time before the land was broken, there existed the Grand Elven Kingdom of Al'trelah. Spanning an entire continent, Al'trelah's prosperous economy and rich culture granted its people the highest standard of living known to the world at that time.

When the world broke, the land became sour. Crops could no longer grow, children were born with strange and abominable mutations, and madness became common.

The floating islands, remnants of the once great kingdom, became isolated and the people on them, forced into a more primitive lifestyle, fractured into clans that constantly fought for the sparse resources their broken land now offered.

Your clan, the Kaliki, are known for their strong leaders.

>Velerios, born to a mother lost to the madness, his power as a magician manifested early. He is a powerful warlock and battlemage.

>Terron, originally a hunter for the tribe, his skill with a bow is unmatched, and he quickly gained respect and admiration among the tribesmen.

>Alesson, master craftsmistress, her family is descended from craftsmen from before the fracture, her techniques passed down for generations
>>
What should out warlock be named? I feel like she(dark elfs are matriarchal) should have an air attunement for air raids.
>>
>>46620265
I like where this is going, Arabian Dark elf mercs?
>>
>>46620191
>>46620221
I got it, A once proud Dark elf empire turned into freaking savage barbarian dark elves that ride dragons. We managed to set up a remnant society on the islands and use our flying mounts to swoop down and raid those below us.
>>
>>46620294
I like the sound of the craftsmistress for rebuilding society
>>
>>46620270
Are we choosing a leader or picking what to do?
Valerios seems like a cool dude
>>
>>46620270
I vote Alesson
>>
>>46620313
>>46620345
This
>>
>>46620270
Those all sound good.
I think >Velerios might be the most useful since he's a mage and the whole mana waste thing might be his deal.
>>
>>46620270
Terron,

Time to be legolas
>>
>>46620365
Velerios it is? Consensus?
>>
>>46620419
Sure lets go for it.
Also whats the terrain on the islands?
>>
>>46620270
>Velerios
>>
>>46620313
>>46620345
>>46620364
Alesson 3

>>46620326
>>46620365
Velerios 2

Going with Alesson, object if I have miscounted.
>>
>>46620455
technaclly 4 for Velerios now I think, not counting one post that just might be a confirm. Up to you CM.
>>
Your tribe rallied around Velerios, the warlock. His ability to control the untamed magics of their environment was valuable and reassuring. Behind him, the Kaliki Clan grew large and gained more territory for itself, eventually conquering the entire island on which they resided.

While the resources are sparse and hard one, your people have settled into the natural system, and while they do not thrive, they survive.

Rules rundown:

>Agriculture: Rated as INSUFFICIENT (Lose 1 population unit), SUPPLEMENTARY (Will become insufficient if not fixed), or STABLE (Everyone eats, everyone lives), this includes both hunting and farming. Efficiency can be increased by developing technology or applying population.

>Population: As a single island of people, each population unit is 20 Dark Elves. Each unit represents a demographic that can be applied to work, like agriculture or military. As you expand in size, the size of each population unit will increase. Population is gained, lost, and applied in units for simplicity,

>Military: These are any people employed by your group to attack or defend in any capacity. Potency can be increased by upgrading technology or applying population.

>Cont.
>>
Come on op
>>
>>46620800

>Economy: Things being bought or sold, trade agreements, this is rated as HEALTHY, UNHEALTHY, or NONEXISTANT.

Technology: This is a list of any created or purchased items or techniques that aid your people.

Turns:

>The group gets 1 action/turn to begin, with more coming eventually. Each turn, the group can choose to: Explore (Direction/Location), Apply (Move population from one task to another), Research (Gain new technologies), Mobilize (Send troops to attack or have them return for defence)

After each post, votes for an action will be tallied. The first suggestion to 3 votes wins.

IMPORTANT: ONLY AFTER A SUGGESTION HAS BEEN SELECTED, players should roll 1d100 to decide the outcome of the suggestion.
ROLLS WHILE VOTING WILL NOT BE COUNTED.
>>
>>46621011
I suppose scouting out the immediate area would be an priority
>>
Your people have only recently come into their own as kings of the island. Though their power is currently strong under Velerios, they know that recently conquered clans still hold grudges, and the smell of rebellion is in the air.

While it is believed most of the island is uninhabited due to its dangerous and unpredictable environment, stories exist of creatures living in the wastes. Until recently, these stories were seen as completely unfounded, until a group of Elves returned home after a long hunting trip. They said that they happened upon ruins they believed to be empty, and set up camp, only to be chased away by pale skinned creatures of the night! Trembling with fear, they retired to their hunting lodges, not eager to go out again.
Population: 7 Units (140 Dark Elves)
>6 in use

Agriculture: STABLE
>3 Units hunting game with stone tools

Economy: NONEXISTANT

Military: WEAK
>3 Units using stone weapons

Technology:
>Stone weapons/tools
>Mud huts
>Basket weaving

>Explore (Where?)
>Apply (How many units, from where to where?)
>Research (What?)
>Mobilize (How many units? Where?)
>>
>>46621208
>>46621277
Explore the immediate area.
If any other races are encountered, try not to make our presence known until we are agreed on what to to do with them
>>
>>46621277
>Explore (Where?)
To where the dragons are so that we may mount them!
Seriously though, do we have the whole scope of our island? if not then I suggest we scout out the immediate area.
>>
>>46621277

Apply our last free population unit to creating a barrier around our village, to protect us from what lurks outside.

This will also free up some of our people from defensive roles, granting us more labour for other roles.
>>
>>46621484
I understand what you are trying to do, and the same outcome could be reached mechanically by:

Research a barrier around the village

Construction doesnt require application of units, it is covered under agriculture, unless you want to apply units to constructing something that is for sale, in which it would be economy.
>>
>>46621484
>>46621543
This
>>
>>46621277
>Research: tools
>>
>>46621277
>Explore
Get a sense of our immediate surroundings
>>
>>46621845
Research a crude map?
>>
>>46621874
How can we map if we dont explore?
>>
>>46621845
>>46621420
>>46621333

Explore locked

Roll 1d100 (DC 33)

Using average of first 3 posts OR critical success or failure
>>
Rolled 100 (1d100)

>>46621885
>>
>>46621883
Because you need some medium to put the map on and have symbols for different things. Then when you send them out would they not be more effective at making a detailed description of the surroundings?
>>
>>46621897
Hey critical sucess
>>
>>46621885
Rolling.
>>46621897
>100
Well shit, thanks master explorer anon.
>>
>>46621897
While exploring just beyond the bounds of your lands, an ancient and derelict temple catches the eye of your explorers as a great place to take a quick break. While resting, a tremor occurs, loosening the stone around the foundation of the temple. It shifts and collapses, killing many of the explorers (-1 population unit).

Those who survived, discovered the reason for the tremor. Beneath the temple, it seems, a giant serpent had created a nest. It seems it brought the building down on itself, but left in the rubble were 2 colossal eggs.

Using all their might, the explorers brought them home to be examined.

(Gained mysterious eggs, research them to learn more)

Your people mourn the loss of their fallen comrades and conduct the funerary rituals. They are weary of the eggs, and many see them as a bad omen.

No signs of the pale creatures were otherwise seen, though. Most of the surrounding area is a wasteland of red clay and crumbling stone, remnants of the once great kingdom. Madness strikes those who linger too long in the outer areas of the island.

Population: 6 Units (120 Dark Elves)
>6 in use

Technology:
>Stone weapons/tools
>Mud huts
>Basket weaving
>Mysterious Eggs

>Explore (Where?)
>Research (What?)
>>
>>46621897
>>46622021
Should we even roll anything else?
>>
>>46622090
In that case, no, as I will use a critical success or failure on its own.
>>
>>46622087
>Research
Check out these strange eggs
>>
>>46622087
>Research (What?)

Creation of a defensive barrier around our village, to both increase defence and to free labour from defence.
>>
>>46622164
2 this
>>
>>46622087
Festival of sexual morning for our fallen brethren?
>>
>>46622181
Change this vote into
>>46622173
>>
>>46622087
Research Eggs
>>
>>46622087
>Research (What?)
The Eggs.
>>
Roll for research.

1d100 + 10 Bonus from Velerios' scholarly aid
DC 45
>>
Rolled 12 (1d100)

>>46622401
Rollin for dragons
>>
Rolled 29 + 10 (1d100 + 10)

>>46622401
Check out my 1!
>>
Rolled 27 + 10 (1d100 + 10)

>>46622408
>>46622446
Don't worry guys, I got this.

>>46622401
>>
Rolled 27 + 10 (1d100 + 10)

>>46622401
>>46622408
>>46622446
looks like we used all our luck on that 100
>>
Hope something that flys!
>>
>>46622408
>>46622446
>>46622475
>>46622478
>these rolls
Its the price of that 100.
The Dice Gods giveth, the Dice Gods taketh away.
>>
>>46622478
>>46622511
Yep its a struggle now lol
>>
Velerios gathers your best minds to look over the eggs. Collaborating with the descriptions of the explorers, he constructs an idea.

The eggs must be the eggs of some mutated snake, twisted and increased in size by the powerful magic of the island.

Other than that, there is not much he can learn from them. How long they will take to hatch, or if they will hatch at all, is still a mystery.

The hunt is bountiful, and a surplus of food is a good sign that healthy young will be produced.

Other than that, Velerios hears whispers in his divination rituals of some of the group plotting rebellion against the rule of the Kaliki clan. Although there is no clear proof, he suspects the head of the Dyroshi clan to be the mastermind.

(To investigate this, you would Mobilize a military unit to investigate the Dyroshi)

Population: 6 Units (120 Dark Elves)
>6 in use

Technology:
>Stone weapons/tools
>Mud huts
>Basket weaving
>Eggs of the Serpent

>Explore (Where?)
>Research (What?)
>>
>>46622616
I suppose investigating the dyroshi is a priority
>>
>>46622616
Yup, mobilize military unit, crush any rebellion
>>
>>46622636
>>46622655
I think we all agree we are the masters of this floating wasteland!
>>
Roll to mobilize a unit to investigate

1d100 DC 39
>>
Rolled 95 (1d100)

>>46622743
Time for more fail rolls
>>
Rolled 72 (1d100)

>>46622743
Comon RNGsus
>>
File: ecf83ef079.jpg (17 KB, 250x128) Image search: [Google]
ecf83ef079.jpg
17 KB, 250x128
>>46622784
We're officially on the emotional dice roll roller coaster
>>
Rolled 10 (1d100)

>>46622743
Crush the rebel scum
>>
Your troops raid their homes, and find little in the way of plots or conniving. Rather, your suspicion of them seems more reliant on bias than information. They see this as a slight, and decide they no longer wish to be part of the tribe!

You lose 1 population unit.

Although they weren't the perpetrators, it seems this has scared whoever WAS planning the rebellion. The signs point to peace, and Velerios sees the problem as resolved.

A few days after, a head is seen on a wooden spike on the outskirts of your lands. Words are written on the ground in blood, but you cannot understand the language. The head is that of one who left the tribe with the Dyroshi.

Population: 5 Units (100 Dark Elves)
>5 in use

>2 Units hunting game with stone tools

Technology:
>Stone weapons/tools
>Mud huts
>Basket weaving
>Mysterious Eggs

>Explore (Where?)
>Research (What?)
>>
>>46623133
Explore North
>>
>>46623133
>Research (What?)
Agriculture we gotta increase population
>>
>>46623183
I don't think we even have any plants to grow.
Our only source of food is hunting, so either we're getting better at that, or we're fishing, and I don't think we have access to a body of water.
>>
>>46623236
If you research it, it will improve. Dont worry too much about how, I will explain it. Agriculture includes hunting, fishing, and any other means of gathering resources for consumption
>>
>>46623236
>>46623183
husbandry? we should keep some animals that live off the vegetation on our island and domesticate them
>>
>>46623183
>>46623271
The lets do it, we have list alot of people and need more!
>>
Is OP kill?
Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.