[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay, so Eldar stave off Slaanesh's attention by using soul
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 221x228) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 221x228
Okay, so Eldar stave off Slaanesh's attention by using soul stones or torturing others. Got it. But certainly some Eldar still fall to Chaos, right? And some Orkz? But I've never heard of either.
>>
>>46616951
There's some older fluff about Eldar that survived on the Crone Worlds after the fall and became Chaos champions. They are supposedly the most powerful champions out there.

Orks had some old fluff about rarely falling for Khorne, or thinking Nurgle was Gork or Mork, because the depictions they found have him green.
>>
>>46616951
The only chaos god that would ever tempt orkz in Khorne, and there's simply no reason for them to fight for him rather than gork n mork, thought some ork fluff does imply khorne looks very orky in the face.

That black legion supplement did say that the black legion likes to capture orks in order to have them possessed to make super daemons.
>>
>>46616951
Orksz can but they tend to get kicked out or killed if they do. Khorne doesn't really appeal to them because he is more about just pure bloodshed compared to the boyz love of a good ol' fight.
>>
>>46616951
Chaos Eldar are a thing, but they're very, very rare, as their psychic power means they corrupt and go insane much more easily at the physical level. They are also ruthlessly hunted by Craftworld/Corsair/Dark Eldar, who view them like the Imperium views the Traitor Legions, and so are typically pretty small in number.
>>
>>46616951
I dont know if theres any recent fluff about Orks turning to Chaos. They're much more likely to just be used by it, like in that story about the Nurgle champion who used Orks to carry diseases.
>>
>>46616951
Thing is, Eldar Souls are the most delicious thing ever for Slaanesh. Chaos Gods aren't exactly known for planning ahead or acting in controlled, and the prince of fucking EXCESS won't exercise restraint.
If she sees that Eldar Soul, it gets shoved up its ass.
>>
>>46616951
This reminds me of a character I once thought of, an pre-fall Eldar who desired to be the most powerful psyker in in the galaxy. He can't stand that Big E is a more powerful psyker than he is, and turned to Tzeentch for the sake of becoming more powerful psyker. He occasionally helps the post-fall Eldar, but most of the time he doesn't care, and despite his rise to greater deamon, Tzeentch knows Slaanesh is considering to make substantial sacrifices for his soul.
>>
File: 1404586272550.jpg (499 KB, 2086x768) Image search: [Google]
1404586272550.jpg
499 KB, 2086x768
pictured: nurgle orks.
i think andy chambers himself may have converted some for WD 10 years ago or so.
>>
>>46617023
>There's some older fluff about Eldar that survived on the Crone Worlds after the fall and became Chaos champions.
i believe it's also mentioned in a few of the old chaos books that some of the oldest and most powerful demon princes are crone world eldar.
>>
File: Incubi_Warrior.png (3 MB, 951x1373) Image search: [Google]
Incubi_Warrior.png
3 MB, 951x1373
And now I want a Chaos Eldar faction. But I guess DEldar are already edgy enough, aren't they?
>>
File: Arhra_-_Father_of_Scorpions.jpg (103 KB, 250x591) Image search: [Google]
Arhra_-_Father_of_Scorpions.jpg
103 KB, 250x591
>>46617474

They are/were led by one of the few canon Chaos Eldar after all.
>>
>>46617474
i vaguely wrote/tried some rules out for one many, many years ago (as in i was a fucking teenager). idea being that they were abandoned on a croneworld before the fall and absent any other choice forced to submit to slaanesh to avoid being devoured. over the millennia they began to view him as an odd combination of antagonist and savior
>>
>>46617521
Arhra is a bit more complicated than that. According to the Incubi themselves, Arhra's physical body was corrupted by a lance of Chaos Energy, causing him to "burn with the dark light of Chaos" like the Craftworld legends. However the incubi say that Arhra returned to the Great Shrine, and his uncorrupted spirit told his disciples to destroy his physical body and consume his spirit as a final test of their skill and willpower.

They also say his spirit is what helps ward the Incubi's Great Shrine away from the power of Chaos.
>>
>>46616951
>Eldar stave off Slaanesh's attention by using soul stones
Soul Stones keep dead eldar souls out of the warp, which stops Slaanesh from getting to them.
>or torturing others
Also no. /d/eldar are the eldar who were (metaphysically) especially close to Slaanesh when it was born.
Their souls are gradually being eaten, they torture others to use bits and pieces of their victims souls to replace their own souls.

>But certainly some Eldar still fall to Chaos, right?
Pretty sure Harlequins are Tzeentch worshipers?
>>
>>46617434
>Eldar Daemon princes

That sounds really cool. Time to find something to use as a base for conversions
>>
>>46619700
>Pretty sure Harlequins are Tzeentch worshipers?

............do you have brain damage?
>>
>>46619978
>implying cerrogarch isn't tzeentch
kek
>>
>>46620089
>can't even fucking spell the laughing god's name
Boy you sure showed them with your encyclopedic knowledge of lore.
>>
i thought dark eldar were chaos eldar. someone explain pls
>>
>>46620138
They're not and you were wrong.
>>
>>46616951
Orkz are too stupid to fall to chaos.
>>
>>46620138
The Dark Eldar fear Slaanesh just like the other Eldar, and they do what they can to prevent Slaanesh from devouring their souls. They don't have soulstones, so even in the Webway their souls are slowly leeched away by Slaanesh - but they can replenish their souls by taking in pain done to some other poor soul.

It can be confusing because the Dark Eldar are very Slaanesh-like. They're living pretty much the same way pre-Fall Eldar did, doing all the same things that caused Slaanesh to be born. But that doesn't mean they like it.
>>
>>46620138
They're corrupted, but desperately try and stave it off. They don't serve Slaanesh, but s/he owns their souls anyway. They torture to give souls to slaanesh, so their own aren't taken.
>>46620202
Grow up.
>>
>>46620138
Basically, when the Eldar Empire fell there was only one way to not get consumed by Slaanesh - don't be where the big stormy hole in reality was, aka the heart of the Empire.

There were 3 main groups who weren't there - the Exodites, who fucked off to planets to be Amish, the Craftworld Eldar, who were on craftworlds, and the Dark Eldar, basically normal depraved Empire Eldar who were in various sub-realms in the Webway.

They continued to do the things they'd always done, but they lock down all psyker activity so as to not to summon slaanesh into their realms.
Due to their depravity and being naturally-psykic Eldar, this only mostly works - their souls get constantly slowly drained, unless they stave it off by experiencing excess and such, making them kind of vampiric vis-a-vis sexual violence - they need to keep this up to not die, hence the constant violence, madness and spikes in their society
>>
>>46616951

Chaos Eldar are some of the most powerful servants of the Dark Gods, they are so powerful and valuable that they are worth more to the Pantheon alive than as snacks to appease Slaanesh.

Any Chaos Eldar champion of Slaanesh must be truly invaluable indeed, if Slaanesh himself would restrain it's appetite for Eldar souls in return for his champion's service.
>>
File: 1407936393456.jpg (87 KB, 800x807) Image search: [Google]
1407936393456.jpg
87 KB, 800x807
>>46617474
>And now I want a Chaos Eldar faction. But I guess DEldar are already edgy enough, aren't they?
Yeah, I've personally always wanted to do insane fecundity Crone World Eldar, but that doesn't have many applications outside of my magical realm.
>>
>>46620751
>>46617474

Chaos Eldar would be freed from the restrictions of the Path, as well as from the Dark Eldar's addictive need to feed off of horror and violence.

Chaos Eldar can be whatever you want to be, so long as they fight for the Chaos Powers.

If I ever make a Chaos Eldar army they are going to be themed as the Chaos equivalent of Custodes.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.