[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
That Guy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 16
File: flat_1000x1000_075_f.jpg (161 KB, 1000x894) Image search: [Google]
flat_1000x1000_075_f.jpg
161 KB, 1000x894
>be me (a doggo)
>Humans went to a convention the day before a game
>They bought a bunch of overpriced shit, had fun, etc
>That weeaboo bought a "geniune" carbon steel prop katana folded over a million times
>Showed off their overpriced shit at the game
>That other guy had an idea to cut bottles up with it
>That's fucking dangerous, what about all the broken glass
>They do it anyway
>mfw
>One guy tries to murder the bottles
>You can already tell how this goes
>He starts to sperg out even more
>I runs towards him to make sure he's alright
>Without checking his surroundings like everyone else, swings sword to his side
>RIP me
>Bastard hits me just above the eye, pretty deep cut
>Blood everywhere, but since it's not a glorious longsword I survived
>Sperg vomits in toilet, two others take care of me, That Weeb thinks this is a good time to move in on a girl
>No swords at games now

So not exactly the best way to end a session. The humans say everyone who touched or cut something with a sword is at fault and has to pay my vet bill, don't know the price yet. That Weeb who doesn't know how to use 'whom' is most at fault according to That Sperg because he was the one who brought the prop sword there. As for me, I'm fine... EXCEPT I HAVE SIX FUCKING STITCHES ON MY FACE! FUCK ALL OF YOU, I'D TELL YOU TO SUCK MY BALLS IF I STILL HAD THEM!

TL;DR I got hit in the face with a sword and I'm gonna shit all over the floor for rest of the year.
>>
>>46613279
>be me (a demon katana)
>pretty shit at cutting, but somehow manage to get sold to some weaboo at an overprice
>he brings me to a tabletop game
>uses me to cut up bottles all of the things
>i'm really thirsty for blood at this point
>go for the weeb's face
>miss and hit a doggo's face
>fucking shitty dog blood taste all over my blade
>missed the chance to taste the weeb's blood
>still thirsty for blood
>can't quench the thirst, because the faggots shit themselves and put me away
fucking humans
>>
You aren't even fucking humans. This is a human only board.

GET THE FUCK OUT
>>
>>46613491
What kind of shit-tier demon gets forged into a (FAKE) replica katana? You deserve every missed chance at weeb blood you get.
>>
>>46613576
It's actually backwards, my straight-edged friend.

I was forged into a replica katana first, and then became a genuine demon blade because of my hatred for weebs.
>>
>>46613279
fuck is the doggo okay?

this is just next level autism on a level i cant even deal with

A LINE HAS BEEN CROSSED.
>>
>>46613279
https://desustorage.org/tg/thread/46584590/

We can skip this thread now.
>>
>>46613633

Tanked hit like a champ, from what I heard. Got to local doggo cleric (a cleric that fixes doggos, not a cleric who is a doggo) and first aid check autopassed without complication. Now Cleric bill is being split between guy who brought sword and guy who swung sword. Doggo is resting to recuperate health.
>>
>>46613667
We know. This is obviously the dog's/Op's side of the story.
>>
>>46613667
He got sliced open dude. Let him vent.
>>
>>46613713
oh thank fuck. never let those spergs near your doggo again.
>>
>>46613279
You got me in the tl;Dr op. Good show.
>>
>>46613540
It's a blue board. In dog years, he's okay.
>>
>>46613540
Wow, racist trying to keep the four legged man down.

#Doglivesmatter
>>
>>46613540
>You aren't even fucking humans.
You don't know that.

#TakeTheKnot
>>
>>46616480
#doggolivesmatters

ftfy
>>
File: omega flanders.jpg (255 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
omega flanders.jpg
255 KB, 560x560
>>46613279
>be me (bottles)
>after getting fucking emptied this asshole leaves me by the fridge
>comes back out one night and i hope it's for recycling
>nope.jpg
>he fucking drags me out to one of his tabletop games and puts me on the counter
>pulls out a shitty replica sword
>pls no
>breaks my friends
>pls
>fucking breaks my brother
>PLS
>hands the sword off to some sperg that flails the sword like elmo on a bump of coke
>mfw he doesn't manage to hit me
>mfw he fucking cuts up the face of that faggot dog
>mfw not broken, put back by the fridge

thank god for aspies
>>
>>46613279
>be me (a cat)
>Slaves went to a gathering the day before one of their mindless games
>They bought a bunch of overpriced shit because they're idiots
>That weeaboo bought a "geniune" carbon steel prop katana folded over a million times
>Nothing compared to my claws
>Showed off their overpriced shit at the game
>That other guy had an idea to cut bottles up with it. Stupid humans
>They were plastic at least
>One slave tries to murder the bottles
>You can already tell how this goes
>He starts to sperg out even more
>Dumb dog runs towards him to make sure he's alright. Hope they both die
>This slave was even dumber than the rest because he didn't check his surroundings
>RIP doggo
>Human did something good for once and hit the dog
>It was only a flesh wound damn
>Blood everywhere, but since it's not my glorious claws he survived
>Sperg vomits in toilet, two others take care of me, That Weeb thinks this is a good time to move in on a girl
>No swords at games now
>>
> Be DM running a 5th ed game for first time role players.
> Tell the players that there are bandits in the woods that the local sheriff wants dealt with.
> Players go to the spot bandits were last seen.
> Tracks leading into the woods.
> Follow, lead to bandits camp.
> Everyone rolls well on stealth checks, so the bandits are none the wiser.
> That-Druid: "I go talk to them."
> Head-desk.
>>
>>46618926
While it's crappy that they fucked up a team effort this isn't necessarily the worst course of action if they're the party face and the bandits aren't cartoonishly hostile.
>>
>>46619066
If the druid pretended to be alone that could work pretty well as a distraction too.

But considering that he didn't discuss this plan with the others I find the likelihood they thought it through to be slim.
>>
To this day I have never seen a That Guy. most likely I'm one but no one has openly complained about me for the most part.. But the group is getting a new player and some things seems iffy to me.

Can you help me /tg/? what are the most common red flags?

Please enlight me so that I may mentally prepare accordingly.
>>
File: 1415959052955.gif (232 KB, 510x662) Image search: [Google]
1415959052955.gif
232 KB, 510x662
>>46613279
>>46613491
>>46617428
>>46617871
You can cut the sarcasm with a knife.
>>
>>46613279
doggy
>>
>>46619066
Was a prewritten adventure, which said that the bandits attack on sight - and why wouldn't they, given their hideout has been discovered? I did need to fudge it a bit to let them escape, warning shots fired. Didn't help that he pulled the exact same shit the next session with a goblin and half-ogre.
Next time, I think I might just let him die.
>>
>>46619632
It's "doggo"
>>
File: 1454986442018.jpg (37 KB, 750x714) Image search: [Google]
1454986442018.jpg
37 KB, 750x714
>>46619674

>this is somewhat me

I- I- I just think it's better to have more friends than less. Plus, in a murderhobo/nothing personnel kid group, someone has to try to ensure we're not run out of every town.
>>
>>46619801
It's shit and piss factory.
Dogs are literally the worst thing on earth.
>>
File: 1454898787848.png (178 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
1454898787848.png
178 KB, 900x600
>>46620071
>>
>>46619164
Is everything you do narrated in green text, do you keep seeing arrows pointing at you if you look to the right, and is the world you inhabit a fictional or exaggerated narrative?

If not, you're fine. If so, you might be encountering a That Guy.
>>
>>46620097
They make decent projectiles too.
>>
>>46617306
K E K
E
K
>>
>>46620061
Trouble is, that he is turning the group into the complete opposite of murderhobo - I refer to them as my diplomacyhobo party right now. As I said, I am running a published adventure, which generally are written with Murderhobos in mind to make the most of the mechanics. I didn't think this would be a problem because I just assumed that they were going to go full murderhobo since it is their first time playing.
Plus, he wasn't doing it out of some attempt to lure them out; he told me later that he had no idea those were the bandits... He just assumed they were other guys, heavily armed, hanging out in the area where bandits have been attacking people...
>>
File: 1459728444457.jpg (56 KB, 671x359) Image search: [Google]
1459728444457.jpg
56 KB, 671x359
>>46613279
>Playing D&D 5e with some pals
>Party consists of LG Dwarf Paladin, NG Wizard(me), LN Dragonborn Barbarian, and CN Rogue
>Party has been getting quests from a local Noble
>Kinda shifty guy, but we're getting paid, so nobody pays him mind
>Except the Rogue
>Next quest, he tells us that he needs help "dealing with" some bandits
>After some murderhoboing in a cave, the Rogue decides to loot the bandit king's notebook
>It's mostly mad ramblings and lists of things the bandit group stole
>One page goes on about how the local noble is actually a vampire lich who is eating the town's gold to fuel his evil deeds
>That Guy looks wide-eyed and attentive as the DM goes on
>He only ever looks like that when he's getting loot
>The rest of the party never realizes what he's planning until it's too late
>After we collect the loot, we begin to walk out
>Except the Rogue
>Before any of us could get him, he rolls around the noble
>Pulls out his enchanted silver knife
>And rolls a 20 on backstabbing the vampire lich
>The noble collapses on the ground, dead
>And not shapeshifted back into his "true form" like the notebook said would happen if he was stabbed
>The rogue's face when
And that is why the DM never describes writing that is not plot important
>>
>>46620391
What happened next?
>>
>>46620483
Last session, we ditched the town. Game's picking back up next thursday.
>>
>>46620625
Tell your DM to keep doing this shit until rogue figures it out. It'll both be funny and educational.
>>
>>46619164
Depends on the group about 50% of the time, honestly. What passes as obnoxious That Guy behavior in a FLGS group may be acceptable or at least easily tolerated in a group of your buddies you knew since high school.
>>
>>46620391
Why is the rogue that guy?
Seems like an actual reasonable action, even though he could call for for back up.
>And that is why the DM never describes writing that is not plot important
How could this NOT be plot related, when the books describes their quest giver as vampire lich whatever that might be
What compelled the dm to give the bandits this book, which does have such strange, yet false informations?
>>
>>46613279
>Be me (A booth merchant)
>Set up at some shitty anime convention
>Wares are props, but weebs buy them at 50% above MSRP so eh
>That weaboo comes to my booth, starts asking about my katanas
>Lie through my teeth that they're real "Carbon Steel" and he could totally "Fuck someone's shit up Desu" if he wanted to
>That weaboo buys the katana, says he's going to show it to his friends
>Mentions cutting up bottles as he walks away
>Two days later get word that That weeb and friends almost killed a dog trying to go "All Naruto" on some bottles
>City council files complaint with convention organizers
>No swords at conventions now
>>
File: 1389319161557.jpg (120 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1389319161557.jpg
120 KB, 768x1024
>>46619618
Not with That weaboo's katana you can't
>>
>>46622171
I think you missed the part about where it's insane ramblings. If you find a book scrawled with STOLE THREE CHEESES RATS WONT FIND ME and LOCAL NOBLE EATS GOLD SHITS DEAD CHILDREN and decide to stab a guy over it, you're probably loose a few screws yourself.

Plus doing it solo. If he actually thought, hey, it's perfectly reasonable that this guy is a vampire lich bad guy, he'd probably have spoken to the team about it to figure out what to do. Instead he just ups and stabs the guy, without telling or consulting anyone. Why?
>>
>>46622171
>everything in the world is relevant to the plot.
Stop this. Sometimes things are fluff. Sometimes you notice something interesting that is completely irrelevant to the storyline. The entire world revolving around your characters is the sign or poor and lazy storytelling.
Yes, the story is about the PCs but that doesn't mean that the world is all about them.
>>
>>46620694
I dunno, one of the party members was pretty pissed because the noble did owe us a favor.
>>46622171
Basically >>46622251
The DM added the book for fun, thinking it would be funny to give low INT bandits something to do on their idle time
>>
>>46622251
Thats not necessarily That Guy. Is ot something a rogue would do? Probably, because rogues like loot. Is part of the archetype.
Yes its a bit foolish that he believed in the incoherent scribbling of madman, but maybe he isn't the wisest of characters.
>>
>>46613713
>>46615152
quit saying doggo, it's starting to lose all meaning
>>
>>46623013
What meaning did it even fucking have?
>>
>>46622347
How should the players know that?
Adding fluff is Ok but what made the gm think the players don't consider this as a plot point?
Granted I don't know the closer circumstances what he wrote, but even if that bandit king sounds crazy he just might gone crazy from the revelation or something.
>>
>>46622224
it only cuts dog faces
>>
File: 1441618931163.jpg (46 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
1441618931163.jpg
46 KB, 630x420
>>46623055
>not knowing the deep meaning of doggo
>>
>>46624036
And bottles
>>
>>46613540
There are no rules against dogs or demon swords posting, only robots. Even that rule is ignored, as I myself am a robot.

Check your privilege, human.
>>
OP made me sad now.
>>
>>46623798
Oh, sweet summer child, you would go through all six clones in Paranoia in under thirty seconds.

The game master does not need to have all information written down be true; he can have some of it be false.

In any game of intrigue or even most murderhobo games NPCs may lie or be incorrect.

Would you complain if bandits searching for the party lied about not shooting them "on their honour as thieves and murderers"?
>>
>>46625167
Uh, I think you got the wrong thread, /r9k/'s like two boards down.
>>
>>46626191
>Oh, sweet summer child, you would go through all six clones in Paranoia in under thirty seconds.
A good thing I adjust my character to the behaviour.
>The game master does not need to have all information written down be true; he can have some of it be false.
You get something wrong.
I don't say the gm should never spread false information.
I say the gm was foolish to believe the player wouldn't take the information serious.
If he considered this possibility he is not foolish but the rogue is still not that guy if he wants to take actions against a possible threat. Rashly, yes but not that guy-ish.
>>
>>46623798
Even if it is some sort of a plot point, why would he believe everything the guy they just shanked wrote in his diary as 100% unquestionable truth?
>>
File: 2011-11-16-beartato-wearitout.png (85 KB, 800x1041) Image search: [Google]
2011-11-16-beartato-wearitout.png
85 KB, 800x1041
>>46623013
>>
So, like I explained in a previous that guy/that gm thread, we changed system from Anima BF to PF, and my Technician/Tao is now a Monk, not even unchained because GM doesn't feel "comfortable" with so many manuals, so, how do you explain ingame that you went from facing straight any threat and be the best combatant in the country, to literally be useless as a toddler and probably weaker than the daughter of the blacksmith? Supposedly nothing change in the world, no magical storm, no spellplague, nothing. I was thinking all my life was actually a dream and in reality my character is paraplegic or something, like the end of Captain Tsubasa.
>>
>>46626987
And by "we" changed I mean GM arbitrarily changed system becasue unexplained reasons, probably because he likes 3.PF so much.
>>
>>46626987
Just quit dude, your character is completely fucked and your GM is either a moron or an asshole.
>>
>>46626987
It's simple.

You kill the DM.
>>
>tfw after so many bad experiences with that gms and that guys you have some sort of PSTD and you overreact at any tiny problematic situation
I became a That Guy
>>
(This reply is made from the one that hurt the doggo) The entire situation went down hill so quickly because of one person. Yes, the person who brought the sword to begin with. He initially didn't own up to paying the vet bill, but as of recent events and hearing from other people he says he will. But the one thing he didn't mention was that he was drinking at the session when the swords where being played with. Hopefully we can all look back on this and learn from it.
>>
File: 1443468919947.png (47 KB, 847x534) Image search: [Google]
1443468919947.png
47 KB, 847x534
>>46620391
>backstabbing undead
>>
File: Prequel_S.png (33 KB, 265x199) Image search: [Google]
Prequel_S.png
33 KB, 265x199
>>46626987
PTSD.
>>
>>46627930
Your point being?
>>
>>46627961
Monk suffers from severe PTSD, which makes him unwilling to fight.
>>
>>46627980
Oh, sorry, I'm kind of dense today
>>
File: 1452252765493.jpg (67 KB, 397x525) Image search: [Google]
1452252765493.jpg
67 KB, 397x525
>>46613279
by the emperor look what i found
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/44947/robbed-by-the-nymphs-of-the-mirror
considering joining under the guise of being a tranny, kind of curious as to how good the DM is.
>>
>>46628080
>general aesthetic somewhere between Sailor Moon and the Neverending Story.
>D&D 3.5
This is going to go so well.
>>
>>46620367
Well, why not? Your party was also hanging out, heavily armed, in the area where bandits have been attacking people.
>>
File: i dont even know.jpg (32 KB, 341x512) Image search: [Google]
i dont even know.jpg
32 KB, 341x512
>>46628080
You're going to be playing with some colourful characters.
>>
>>46620071
Dogs are literally love and innocence incarnate

I know this is b8 but you're going too far
>>
File: large.jpg (20 KB, 500x358) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
20 KB, 500x358
>>46613279
You are now a badass dog
people must learn before using fucking weapons.
>>
File: That guy and katanas.png (491 KB, 1220x2400) Image search: [Google]
That guy and katanas.png
491 KB, 1220x2400
I tried
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.