[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you sell your soul to a demon, what's to stop you from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6
File: 1459809235321.png (645 KB, 729x398) Image search: [Google]
1459809235321.png
645 KB, 729x398
If you sell your soul to a demon, what's to stop you from asking for your soul for what you want?
>>
I'm confused with the question. Do you mean a tradeback? You sell your soul for rad instrument shreddage, and then request to give the rad instrument shreddage back for soul? If that's the case, I'm sure you could ask, whether or not he'd agree to it is up to the demon.
>>
>>46607119
the "No Refund" policy comes to mind here
>>
>>46607119
Because you're trusting a demon with your soul you dumbass. Even if he has to honor some kind of code you still pissed off a demon for wasting his time.
>>
If you're going to do that why bother making the deal in the first place?
>>
>>46607119
>Yo, if you gimme 5 dollars you can have whatever you want.
>I want my 5 dollars back.

I mean, you could, but what was the fucking point then?
>>
>>46607251
Why would a demon need your consent anyway to take your soul?
>>
>>46607263
I WANT TWO SOULS!
>>
>>46607119
Here's the thing.

If you ask for your soul back..

There's no timelimit on when he has to deliver or even return it, right?
>>
>>46607119

First of all, unless your demons are automatons, they can just refuse.

Secondly, if we're using the traditional D&D demons, they don't stick to their bargains. They absolutely try to break free, fuck you over, generally do anything to kill you, so once you *do* give them your soul, it's tough cookies, that soul is gone. Your best bet is to trade a far more valuable soul, hoping their greed overcomes their hatred of you.

Finally, these creatures aren't omnipotent. There's probably a fairly hard limit on what they can give you, and I'm certain that you don't *give* them your soul *before* you agree on the transaction.
>>
>>46607287
Get a g...nevermind
>>
>>46607306
>Demon gives your soul back after a month
>All scratched up
>Kinda sticky
>Cheeto dust crammed into every nook and cranny
>Label's halfway peeled off
>Your save file is gone too
>>
Nothing if the demon was that sloppy. More likely, it would clearly establish exactly what its going to give you before it actually agrees to any contract, so you don't ask for something beyond its power, give it a suicide order, or pull shit like that.

Or it would fuck you over with the usual twists. You get your soul back, but its still property of the demon.
>>
>>46607247

Good luck to the bastard. He'll need to take it up with the Ombudsman, as all deals made in Australia fall under Australian Consumer Law.
>>
>>46607119
>Not outplaying the demon by buying him as slave
>Hence owning your soul back

DON'T TRY TO PLAY ME YOU DEMON-GOY.
I'M G*DS CHOSEN.
>>
>>46607119
Pretty sure, if you sell your soul to a demon, you can only get things that are worth less than your human soul to that demon. It isn't a genie wish situation. It's a deal.

If you said, "Hey, demon, I'll sell my soul to you, but I want my soul and your soul" the demon is just going to tell you to fuck off.
>>
>>46607429
techinically, for the purposes of summoning a demon to make a contract, a small area surrounding the demon (sufficient to encompass the summoner) counts as hellish territory.

Similar to how the grounds of an american military base in germany counts as US soil.
>>
>>46607663

Technically military bases have Extraterritorial Jurisdiction, they don't count as that countries soil. They don't negate the rules of the country they are on.
>>
>>46607119
Why doesn't an enterprising demon set up a soul bank or something? Or a kind of soul babysitting agency? Or a soul storage service?
>>
File: undead-merchant-male.jpg (27 KB, 300x355) Image search: [Google]
undead-merchant-male.jpg
27 KB, 300x355
The trick is to collect souls of other things to sell for stuff.
>>
>>46607701
huh

am i thinking of embassies then or what?
>>
>>46607827

Yeah, embassies.

If you were at an American Military Base in Australia for example, the Australian Police can still turn up and arrest you. They can't do that at an embassy.
>>
>>46607119
Because it is common practice for merchants to ask for more money than the product is worth when they sell it but to pay below market price when they buy.
Otherwise they wouldn't have a business.

So you can get your soul back - if you pay extra. At that point, you're only losing. The only positive thing you have accomplished is that you have confused a demon.

>>46607602
Ich will mich hier zu deinem Dienst verbinden,
Auf deinen Wink nicht rasten und nicht ruhn;
Wenn wir uns drĂ¼ben wiederfinden,
So sollst du mir das gleiche tun.
>>
>>46607119
Why can a human wager his soul in first place? You don't have concious control over it anyway.
>>
>not living out of free samples
I never sold my soul to any demon, but I tasted their power many times
>>
>>46607930
>having to deal with ads and popups
>not downloading a rip
>>
>>46607952
We're talking demons here.

Any rips will be buggy unfinished beta release in a language you don't understand.
>>
>>46607930
>Your 30 day evaluation period of unlimited demonic strength has expired. Please select one of the following
>Enter a product key
>Request product evaluation extension
>Uninstall power
>>
>>46607930
>Sir, S-Sir, Sir? Are you going to sell your soul for this or not?
>Nah, not interested
>>
>>46607324

On the other hand, they are suprisingly consistant in holding up their end if you beat them in a musical contest.

So, if you sell him your soul and then challenge him to rock-off to get your soul back, that'll be fine.

Selling your soul for musical talent probably wouldn't help you here though, since I'd imagine the demon can't make you a better musician than he is.

Although trying to play music when you got no soul is probably a losing proposition also.

You know what? Why not just challenge the guy for a Rock off for what you want, with your soul as your wager?
That could work.
>>
>>46608510
>Although trying to play music when you got no soul is probably a losing proposition also.
https://youtu.be/hRQkC2FDXuw?t=82
>>
>>46607119
Only common sense. Dealing with demons damns your soul to hell anyway, so getting your soul back is only going to last until you die to begin with.
>>
File: king of the jews.jpg (28 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
king of the jews.jpg
28 KB, 400x400
>>46607276
The power of Jesus
>>
>>46607276
In Biblical terms, at least, because if demons/Satan attempt to use their power against humanity, God responds in kind, a confrontation that the demon invariably loses. Instead, they only tempt and deceive with words, which it is then the mortal's task to repulse.

The principle is based on the line stating "No man shall be tempted beyond his ability to resist." Demons and angels are fundamentally above humans in many ways, and as such if they employ their power human resistance is impossible. Since God's word is that resistance to temptation is always possible, it therefore follows that God prevents direct compulsion by demons.
Against a demon's words, the church holds that faith in the Word of God is sufficient defense. Failure of that defense is the fault of the human, who has allowed themselves to be tempted away from God's word. Thus, man is not defended against the consequences of deals made with the Devil, since it was made through their own free will (in a religious context will is always free, because there is no possible threat which could truly force or compel you to abandon your faith, as faith is the single most important thing and by it's nature ensures the wellbeing of the immortal soul).
>>
>>46607276
Previous spiritual contracts via religion probably and entities they don't want on their turf likely getting pissy both come to mind. After all, if a soul has pledged itself to, say, Pelor, if the demon tries to kill and snatch it, he likely just gets a horde of angels sent after him to make an example so other demons don't get ideas. But if, say, said demon tempts the soul to break ties with those higher powers first and succeeds, not only is that soul effectively up for grabs or claimed, it's bragging rights that you got to take away something a god laid claim to and get away with it.
>>
>trying to minmax your progeny into having tiefling abilities
>>
File: PlumbingProblems.jpg (40 KB, 335x296) Image search: [Google]
PlumbingProblems.jpg
40 KB, 335x296
>>46607336
>Your save file is gone too
This is the sort of shit a demon would do
>>
>>46609031
Soul Borrowing or possession, Demons just tend to treat humans like rental Civics
>>
>>46607859
Thats 200more refugeea for you hitler.

Also pay reparations u nadzi
>>
>>46607119
>what's to stop you from asking for your soul for what you want?
Nothing is stopping you from asking for a tradeback, but I can't imagine why the demon would go for it.
Try pulling that with a new car or jewelry, let alone a soul.
Depreciation sucks man.

>>46607276
BIll of Sale, dude.
Sure, a capable enough demon can just tear the soul out of a mortal, but then what's stopping another demon from just lifting it from the first demon?
Souls remain where they are bound unless acted upon by significant force, whether that bond is to their mortal form, a plane of existence, or a demon through contract.
>>
>>46609115
If that's in response to the German, that's an excerpt from Faust. It basically means the devil is happily offering to serve his human prey during that prey's lifetime. He's playing the waiting game.
>>
>>46609031
>>
>>46607738
Stealing that one for my next BBEG
>>
>>46608728
Interesting. I like hearing about elements of the bible in this way rather than preached or cynically broken apart.
>>
>>46607738
Because other enterprising demons will set up soul accounting firms that offer soul-debt restructuring services (for a nominal share of the proceeds) and moral bankruptcy filing.

Meanwhile the less enterprising but more opportunistic will try their hand at bank robbery.
>>
>>46607119
I don't see the profit in this, OP. So you give them your soul in exchange for your soul? Ok, best case, you're in exactly the same position that you were a little bit ago, except that you've made a deal with a devil - probably considered a serious sin in most faiths - and just wasted a demon's time. Worst case, it says no, keeps your soul, and suggests you shouldn't make deals with demons if you're not willing to play for keeps.
>>
>>46607263

In the EU you have a mandatory refund period for all purchases, in large part to stop devils doing their old monkey paw bullshit when it comes to wishes.
>>
>>46609763
>In the EU you have a mandatory refund period for all purchases,
That's too far, I'm voting to Leave.
>>
>>46607840

Seems to work kind of like consecrated ground does.
>>
>>46607738
>>46609460
>>46609421

And this is how Devils came into being
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.