[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Unfucking the Horus Heresy Books
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Luna_Wolves_Legion_combat.jpg (1 MB, 2880x1800) Image search: [Google]
Luna_Wolves_Legion_combat.jpg
1 MB, 2880x1800
By some time travel fuckery, you anon, have been transported back in time to the start of the Horus Heresy book series by the Black Library in the early oughts. By some witchcraft you are employed by the Black Library to select the authors for this series about to be embarked on, for higher quality, consistent novels lacking the character assassination done by most of the BL's normal writers.

By some magical powers, any author you contact will agree to this new version of the HH books. What more competent non-hack writers do you recruit for this endeavor, and why? Who can actually write a Primarch without fucking it all up like in the real books?
>>
I'll just write them all myself... too much easy money involved.
And Gurlyman will be shitted on days and night, and will probably end up killed by a random chaos cultist, or stepped on by a allied titan for the lols.
>>
>>46606261

Dan Abnett, Timothy Zahn, Victor Milan of Dinosair Knights, Bran Sanderson for lore coordinator, and ADB.
>>
>>46606532

>Zahn

Oh god I wish. He'd literally be the only one who can actually make Horus look like the Warmaster he's supposed to be. One of the worst parts of Vengeful Spirit was McNeill trying to bullshit Horus' strategic genius and failing miserably.
>>
>>46606547

McNeill can't write epic battles for shit. He's better at writing personal stories of particular heroes.
>>
>>46606569

This. The Mars series was his best, because it wasn't about battles at all, but a look at the cast of characters and their reactions to events.
>>
>>46606576

HH needs to be nuked from orbit and redone. The reason that HH is a mess is because each writer had too much leeway and basically wrote however they wanted. They really do need a lore coordinator or at least someone to tie all the different novels together.
>>
>>46606665

They do now, Warseer's arch-nemesis Laurie Goulding. On the other hand he saw fit to let them publish such gems as Damnation of Pythos, Vulkan Lives and Deathfire.
>>
>>46606532
>Dan Abnett
>ADB

JUST
>>
>>46607069

I'd skip Abnett, but ADB is the fan's writer. Look, he's the only one to mention /tg/ in his novel afterwords. No-one else would do that.
>>
>>46606261
Terry Pratchett
>>
>>46607585

Too soon anon. Besides, I don't think Pratchett would have cared for a series that took itself as seriously as 30k/40k does.
>>
>>46607518

ADB sometimes pander too much to fans and his works generally feel unpolished as compared to other BL writers.

Dan Abnett is king among BL writers and I wish Warmaster would hurry the fuck up.
>>
>>46607593

>WH 30K/40K
>Serious
>20ft tall Soccer Hooligans
>Space Elves
>Bug Hunts
>Jolly Plague God

U havin a giggle, m8?
>>
>>46607593
>Too soon anon
Are you drunk? It's too soon to say how his work was very good? What?

>I don't think Pratchett would have cared for a series that took itself as seriously as 30k/40k does.

Now I know you are drunk.
>>
Would ask Matt Ward to write everything. He's just too good at writing lore.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.