[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Demon Gem Quest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: crystal1.jpg (25 KB, 304x437) Image search: [Google]
crystal1.jpg
25 KB, 304x437
I was lurking around one of the civs that are up and this anon had a very good idea for a quest that I will attempt to run for you guys tonight.

Anon suggested this: you are a demon trapped within a very pretty gem, or perhaps the gem is not pretty at all. Perhaps one merely thinks it is pretty. A "host" of sorts will come to possess this gem somehow. You, the demon, whisper suggestions and attempt to control the "host". There are a few things we need to figure out before we get started.

Copy and paste the next post. I will supply a list of name suggestions for the demon and I encourage you to pick from that list for the sake of speed but its up to you.

Pitmihr
Formoch
Baalnuhr
Nisach
Gadrak
Cabar
Tenazel
Taeruhm
>>
(REMOVE EVERYTHING IN PARENTHESES. NUMBER 2 IS OPTIONAL)

1. What is your name? (Include any nicknames or titles)

2. What is your domain? (Most demons are attributed with certain powers or realms of influence)

3. How did you come to be "trapped" within the gem? (This is only semi-important)

4. What is your plan for the host? (Are you trying to escape the gem, etc. This is to give me at least some kind of direction when coming up with ideas)
>>
>>46603272
1.>Tenazel
2. Dreams
3. We snubbed Eris.
4. To make all the world our domain.
>>
who Gem TD here?
>>
>>46603318
Ahhh I like that. Especially the part about Eris.
>>
>>46603272
1.Baalnuhr
2.Dreams
3.A human tricked us
4.To create a kingdom for us
>>
File: sleepdemon1.jpg (19 KB, 500x349) Image search: [Google]
sleepdemon1.jpg
19 KB, 500x349
Bumping with the first pick. The next two will be the last and you guys will have to choose between the three first picks.

>Pick 1

>Tenazel, Demon of Sleep
>Trapped within a lackluster stone after angering the goddess of strife and discord, Eris
>Desires to ensnare the entire world in a dream over which he will rule
>>
so we are proving raw idea and kind OP would refine it?
>>
>>46603498
>Tenazel, Demon of Sleep
>>
>>46603278
>REMOVE EVERYTHING IN PARENTHESES. NUMBER 2 IS OPTIONAL
I am facepalming here.

And for the record, there was a quest with a similar premise a few years back. Demon weapon or something.

>Tenazel
>Echoes
>When your divine counterpart killed herself from grief, you locked yourself in a gem to keep yourself from fading out of existence
>>
File: greeddemon.jpg (250 KB, 1024x1311) Image search: [Google]
greeddemon.jpg
250 KB, 1024x1311
>>46603524
Yes.

>>46603529
Two picks for Tenazel >>46603498

>Pick 2

>Baalnuhr, Demon of Dreams
>Imprisoned within a crystal sphere after being summoned and tricked by a human wizard named Thyr the Wise.
>Aims to forge a Kingdom to dominate.
>>
>>46603574
I like it, but what exactly is the domain? What is Echoes?
>>
>>46603639
Fuck, that should be

>Baalnuhr, Demon of Greed
>>
>>46603658
ech·o
ˈekō/
noun
noun: echo; plural noun: echoes

a sound or series of sounds caused by the reflection of sound waves from a surface back to the listener.
"the walls threw back the echoes of his footsteps"
synonyms: reverberation, reflection, ringing, repetition, repeat
"a faint echo of my shout"
a reflected radio or radar beam.
the deliberate introduction of reverberation into a sound recording.
Linguistics
the repetition in structure and content of one speaker's utterance by another.
a close parallel or repetition of an idea, feeling, style, or event.
"his love for her found an echo in her own feelings"
synonyms: duplicate, copy, replica, imitation, mirror image, double, match, parallel; More
informallook-alike, spitting image, dead ringer
"the scene she described was an echo of the photograph"
a detail or characteristic that is suggestive of something else.
"the cheese has a sharp rich aftertaste with echoes of salty, earthy pastures"
synonyms: trace, vestige, remnant, ghost, shadow, memory, recollection, remembrance; More
reminder, sign, mark, token, souvenir, indication, suggestion, hint;
evidence
"a faint echo of their love"
archaic
a person who slavishly repeats the words or opinions of another.
Bridge
a play by a defender of a higher card in a suit followed by a lower one in a subsequent trick, used as a signal to request a further lead of that suit by their partner.
a code word representing the letter E, used in radio communication.
>>
>>46603278
1. Yahalloderp
2. Depression, Self-loathing, and PROCRASTINATION
3. being create/summoned like this, too lazy to break through barrier
4. spread the love of doing nothing as being the true hedonism
>>
File: echoes.jpg (66 KB, 736x952) Image search: [Google]
echoes.jpg
66 KB, 736x952
>>46603691
Abstract but I like abstract.

>Pick 3

>Tenazel, Demon of Echoes
>Tenzael's divine counterpart destroyed herself after a great tragedy befell her. Fearing his power would fade, and so too would he from this plane of existence, Tenazel locked himself in a rare gem to survive.
>>
These are the three Demons to choose from .

>Tenazel, Demon of Dreams
>>46603498

>Baalnuhr, Demon of Greed
>>46603639

>Tenazel, Demon of Echoes
>>46603758
>>
>>46603797
>>
>>46603797
Is there any way to hybridize the portfolio of dreams and echoes.

Dreams are but the echo of the conscious world.
>>
>>46603797
>>
>>46603827
Seconding
>>
>>46603848
Dreams and Echoes, got it. Writing the OP for the quest now.
>>
File: 392890845.jpg (350 KB, 1024x673) Image search: [Google]
392890845.jpg
350 KB, 1024x673
>>46603797
Will we get to imbue a dude with the power to traveling through dreams and killing teenagers, sending their mortal forms into a comatose state and forcing them to live in the realm of dreams?
>>
>>46603927
Teenager, no please.
>>
>Episode 1: A Very Lucky Gem

>You've been sleeping.

>Time is a mortal device, and therefore bears little importance to you. So it is ironic that your time has come, Tenazel.

>Awaken.

Arnir purchased you from a merchant equally as ignorant about the stone in which you dwell as he. He works the fields at the edges of town where he has grown old, and has sired three sons to help him with the farm. His wife is ill and bedridden. She doesn't have very long.

While he sleeps, he keeps you tucked deep within his pillow case. Every night you watch this man's dreams play out, and every so often you will whisper to him.

He has gotten better at hearing you. Tonight he heeds your call. The scene from which he has been interrupted fades away and he walks now on a seemingly infinite expanse of murky water. A fog rolls across the face of the lake, bringing with it your words.

"Arnir..."

>Make a suggestion (write in, 1d20)
>>
>>46604100
>"There is a cure for your wife but you need to do something for me."
>>
Rolled 15 (1d20)

>>46604127
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>46604100
>Ask him about the current state of the world.
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

>>46604127
>>
Rolled 19 (1d20)

>>46604127
>>
bumpo
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>46603272
Ah, yes. I suggested it. I thought it would be a great improv quest since, despite your influence, you're not tied to anything. Just keep changing hands across history and see how you influence it.

>>46604100
>"Arnir...", says a familiar voice; like a heart-piercing melody that would give pause to even the sweetest of birds. Why, it is your wife, being revealed by the receding fog. She's wearing that white dress you were fond of so much. "You've saved me!" she says, as she embraces you warmly. How long has it been since you held your love like this? To see her wondrous emerald eyes full of life once more? Why, she even looks as young and curvaceous as the first day you met! You .. yes.. you remember.. you saved her, didn't you? It was .. the gem?

>You look to your left, and the fog retreats to show your gem, floating above the water. You bought that trinket from that swindling merchant. He said the gem was enchanted to provide its owner with good fortune! Were it true the lying cur would have kept it to himself, but you were ensnared by his silver tongue. Or was he telling the truth? You did pay handsomely for it. Suddenly you hear the growing sound of.. a bell! Distant at first, but growing clearer by the second. You turn around to see.. the town's church! The great doors open before you and you're hastily pushed inside by unseen forces as you're being filled with great conviction and humility. You were never a religious man, not like your wife anyway. Yet here you are.. kneeling.. praying. With a robed priest observing at the side. Once your prayer is done you reach for your pocket, and place something at the offering plate. Is it the gem? A worthy tribute indeed. The holy man approaches inconspicuously behind you and places his palm on your head. You're humbled to receive a blessing from a servant of the Divines. You feel invigorated, pure, like a great shadow suddenly left your heart and mind. Divine intervention can save your wife!
>>
File: 1.jpg (294 KB, 1500x1355) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
294 KB, 1500x1355
>>46607323
>1
>>
ded?
>>
>>46609385
ded.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.