[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I keep hearing rumors about an Egypt-themed plane for the next
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: image.png (186 KB, 800x340) Image search: [Google]
image.png
186 KB, 800x340
I keep hearing rumors about an Egypt-themed plane for the next MtG set. Is there any evidence of this whatsoever?
>>
>>46602150
They should attempt to be as authentic as possible, like how Kamigawa was more Shinto than anime bullshit.

Egypt was a black land, and the cards should reflect that.
>>
>>46602204
Just like how Persia was all blonde hair blue eyed Nordics before the Arab's took over.

>>46602150
I believe it had to do with it being one of the highest voted potential new planes in that poll that MaRo did.
>>
>>46602204
>black land

THAT OHRASE REFERS TO THE FUCKING SOIL, TO CONTRAST WITH THE SHITTY "RED LAND" OF THE DESERT

THE ANCIENT EGYPTIANS WERE SO NOT BLACK THEY HAD THEIR OWN WORD FOR BLACK PEOPLE - THE NUBIANS WERE CALLED "MEDJAY" AMD DEPICTED AS WHOLLY DIFFERENT FROM THEM
>>
>>46602150
>a cycle of Gods that aren't boring as shit
>lots of sun-themed cards that target Vampires
>mummy tribal

h y p e
y
p
e
>>
>>46602204

Does Egypt have substantive swamps? I suppose the Nile would have tons.

Also, can't wait to see Mummy cards. Huge undead theme would be promised there.
>>
>>46602150
Aztec plane when
>>
>>46602293
>red land is shit
Just like in real Magic!
>>
>>46602334
>what is Naya
>>
>>46602351

Yeah, but Set/Sutek is the lord of the red land and god of foreigners, chaos, and storms. He's neat.
>>
>>46602204
I think like Theros their best bet would be to make it multiracial
>>
>>46602204
Anon, they'll never do that again.
Because authenticity doesn't sell as well as pop culture bullshit.
>>
>>46603309

Which is why I don't know if I want them to revisit Kamigawa or not.
>>
>>46602204
t. Alberto Barbosa
>>
>>46602204
WE
>>
Egypt plane would be best if it had the following:

Gods
Curses
Traps
!mummy zombie tribal
Ainok hound tribal
References to Yugioh.
>>
>>46606112
>Traps
Be still my beating heart.
>>
>Complaints about blacks in MtG
>What is Mirage block
>>
>>46606130

Mirage was a sub-Saharan African block.

Egypt wasn't black. So blacks should be kept to a minimum if present at all.
>>
>>46602330
>Also, can't wait to see Mummy cards.
White zombie cards? That could be fun
>>
I want an exodia expy
>>
PREHISTORIC DINO PLANE WHEN
>>
>>46606112
This please except mummy tribal. Just make them good individually
>>
>>46602204
Egypt wasn't black you fuck. They were Afro-Asiatic and looked a lot like how they look today (especially the Coptic Egyptians). The blacks of ancient Egypt were a minority and were mostly comprised of the Nubians you Afro-centric retard. Look at the Egyptians today, there are no black people.
>>
>>46607355
There's already naya.
>>
>>46602351
Hey, basic Mountain combos with Lightning Bolt. That's OP.
>>
>>46609847
That doesn't satisfy my childhood Dino phase enough
>>
>>46606780

White zombies? Maybe. Most likely they'll still be black, but they'd probably be more like zombie wizards and priests since they're nobles and important people.

>>46607355

Muraganda?
>>
Before everyone jumps on the hype train, I still need need one question answered: is it confirmed or not?
>>
>Sorin fucks off to Egyptland after crippling Nahiri, but not outright killing her.
>The Jacetice League chase him to egyptland.
>However, Sorin has vamped half the plane to stop them, with each vampire gaining a unique power.
>The set is pic related.
>>
>>46605727
are the Crystal Gems...?
>>
>>46602728
If we look at what Mark Rosecuck did to Innistrad and Theros, we'll likely have Asian and Pacific Islander Egyptians.
>>
>>46602293
>>46609490

You are as easily trolled as /k/
>>
File: 116.jpg (54 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
116.jpg
54 KB, 312x445
>>46606780
Well we've already got this card and he's a mono black zombie. Don't get your hopes up.
>>
>>46611150
Not at all. Only thing it's based on was someone coming here claiming it from 'insider information' with no proof whatsoever.
>>
>>46614958
Aside from being undead, mummies could straddle several colors. Maybe they're all black/another color depending on what continues to call them back from the lands of the dead.

We could also have scorpions and sphinxes, and all the important ritually important Egyptian animals - cats, bulls, snakes, falcons, etc.

Really, though, if they want to sell me on an ersatz Egypt set, then all they have to do is say, "Mummy Tribal."
>>
File: BAKERU.jpg (19 KB, 479x492) Image search: [Google]
BAKERU.jpg
19 KB, 479x492
>>46611290
>>
>>46611065
I wouldn't mind seeing a Zombie Advisor or two.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.