[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This my master plan for next session: A floating island got badly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: 758659.jpg (311 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
758659.jpg
311 KB, 1920x1080
This my master plan for next session: A floating island got badly teleported and it got teleported under land surface. The only thing that sticks out is the tower on top of the temple. In order to enter the "dungeon", PCs should climb "the chimney" to enter "the dungeon".

What do you guys think? Any impression is welcome.
>>
>>46586207
The PCs are teleported on the floating island and climb the tower to get to the surface? Or the other way around?
>>
>>46586296
Island is teleported INTO the ground. All the PCs see is "chimney/tower".
>>
What's the point of it being a floating island if it's not floating?
>>
>>46586595
This.

Is the floating island fact going to become relevant? If they do something in the dungeon, will it break free of the ground and start floating again?
>>
>>46586595
>>46586628
I assume the point of it being a floating island that was teleported underground by mistake is that the layout, architecture, traps and inhabitants will be very different from what the players expected from what they thought was a standard underground dungeon.
>>
>>46586649
OP here.

This.
>>
>>46586655
>the devious trapdoors from the sky people that drop you hundreds of kilometers down to the ground
>the traps sit directly on bedrock today
Eh. Underground inhabitants seemed scarier.
>>
>>46586407
If the island is teleported into the ground, the ground that was in place before, must divert to some place else. If not, the island teleported into the ground would get crushed.

Or do you think the surface will just bend slightly? It'd break open on all ends. The party could get in from any point.
>>
>>46586655
>Most of the defences are designed to meet intruders coming from below.
>The party has a mostly open path before them.
>>
>>46586655

If there's a robot in a red baseball cap at any point in this then consider your tabletop license revoked.
>>
>>46586676
OP here.

Good point. I want to flesh this out a bit more. Such ideas are great.
>>
>>46586676
This

Also,why did the ground it was teleported into that was where the interiors be not stay there (which would fill the entire interior)? Logistically, it doesnt make any sense.

If that got teleported in, assuming it displaced all the dirt in the space it would occupy before warping in, there should have been an earthquake at minimum and the sheer pressure of the dirt would destroy (at minimum damage) most buildings because they werent made to support that much weight. Add to this that even if all the dirt that wouldve been occupying where the interiors were warped into was displaced beforehand it would come pouring back through every window (of which a city in the sky would likely have a lot considering the aesthetically pleasing sky) and weak point which would more or less fill it anyway.

Its a neat idea but without just going MAGIC FORCEFIELD ROUND CITY to stop the dirt from utterly destroying and filling everything theres no way for it to make real world sense. Even then, the displacement of that many tons of dirt in a matter of minutes or seconds would cause some havoc.
>>
>>46586676
It swaps places with all the dirt and stone. The players are alerted because ten tons of bedrock fall to earth where the floating tower used to be
>>
>>46586676
>>46586718
>Displaced earth

For such epic scale teleport, the effects of the displaced air alone would fuck everything up.

The thunder clap would probably kill everyone on the island and anyone that was near by.

So I'd expect such a spell to be designed with that in mind.

A Substitution style teleport maybe? The displaced volume exchanges place with the island. If the teleport has worked as planned, this would have involved and exchange of a large volume of air, with any observers not noticing anything odd.

But with the flubbed teleport, observers would just see a huge mass of earth, the size and shape of the island, fall from the sky.

I wonder if anyone would even know the island was lost? Witness would just report that it fell from the sky for some reason.
>>
>>46586840
>would anyone realize its lost

If they went to the site they would quickly discover that it was just dirt and stone. No masonry, no glass, no valuables, etc. Would make it pretty obvious that the city didnt fall, but what actually happened to it would be a mystery until they found the tower sticking out of the ground.
>>
>>46587301
>If they went to the site they would quickly discover that it was just dirt and stone.

Something of that size falling from the sky.... I don't think you get the level of destruction that would cause.

You wouldn't find anything intact or identifiable even if the real island fell from the sky.
>>
>>46587363
>I don't think you get the level of destruction that would cause
If it doesn't fall from too high, and if it falls in an inhabited place, at best you'd have some Uluru-type mountain out of the ground.
>>
>>46586718
Automated golem/elemental servants survived the teleportation and have been digging out the intruding earth in order to restore the city's old shape.
>>
Why teleported?

Why not crash-landed into the sea, or a really big lake?
>>
>>46589891
Landing in the sea would create a tsunami that would devastate thousands of kilometers of coastline.
>>
>>46590052
A wizard did it
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.