[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
That Guy / Stupid shit thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34
Title says it all.

Just had a new rule introduced after an incident at a game; No fucking swords allowed.

>Some friends and I went to a convention the day before a game
>Bought a bunch of stuff, had fun, etc
>Let inner weeaboo out and bought a katana
>We all showed off our shit at the game
>Only one whom bought a real sword so one guy had an idea to cut bottles up with it
>There's a dog in the backyard that some others are playing with
>One guy tries to murder the bottles
>You can already tell how this goes
>Lets his outer weeaboo out even more
>Dog runs towards the fun
>Without checking his surroundings like everyone else, swings sword to his side
>RIP doggo
>He hits the dog just above the eye, pretty deep cut
>Blood everywhere though the dog was chill as fuck
>Guy vomits in toilet, two others take care of the dog, I comfort the girl there
>No swords at games now

So not exactly the best way to end a session. The dog is a champ and is fine, only needed six stitches. Apparently everyone who touched or cut something with a sword is at fault and has to pay the vet bill, don't know the price yet, and I'm the one whom is most at fault according to the guy because I was the one who brought the sword there.
>>
>>46584590
The dude should have more common sense than to do what he did

Also, secure your shit.
>>
you're all to blame for doing this stupid shit honestly, but at least you've got a story to tell /tg/ about I guess..
>>
File: 1459728638702.jpg (20 KB, 303x381) Image search: [Google]
1459728638702.jpg
20 KB, 303x381
>>46584590
>playing with swords

You all should have had more sense
>>
>>46584590
>Apparently everyone who touched or cut something with a sword is at fault and has to pay the vet bill
That's not how it works, but kudos if you're all chipping in voluntarily.

>I'm the one whom is most at fault according to the guy because I was the one who brought the sword there.
It was an extraordinarily stupid thing to bring (or even buy to begin with), but shifting the blame around like this is retarded. You were all there, you all saw who actually swung the sword.

All in all, you sound like an immature pack of windowlickers who shouldn't be allowed near sharp objects.
>>
>>46584590

>an innocent pupper got hurt

I will admit, I'm kinda mad right now. I know it was an accident, and good on you guys for paying for the vet bills, but man I want to punch every single one of you in the throat.
>>
>>46584590
>No fucking swords allowed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fnn0dC0kViE
>>
>letting people swing a real sword without training

You are all a bunch of stupid bastards.
>>
Kawaii Kon?
>>
>>46584590
Are you fucking 12?

This is a 18+ only website. Reported.
>>
File: The-Power-of-Laughter.jpg (51 KB, 708x404) Image search: [Google]
The-Power-of-Laughter.jpg
51 KB, 708x404
>>46584590
>I went to a convention
>bought a katana
>real sword

You bought a piece of decoration that has no business being swung. You retards are lucky it didn't come apart and spear someone.
>>
>>46584767
>>46584808
Probably not the best way to say it. Yeah we were cutting bottles up like edgy weeaboos but we made sure to keep it safe, some of us at least.
>>
>Be running a Pathfinder campaign
>Smooth sailing from day one, everyone is getting into it
>One of the players - ranger - says that he knows a guy that's willing to play
>Yeah, no problem, have him make a character and we'll work him in
>New guy shows up for the next session
>Holy shit
>Unkempt neckbeard+chops
>Sheen on forehead indicates lack of hygiene
>Clothes covered in stains
>Shirt reads - and I quote - "I am the after party"
>Classic Fedora, except replace the Fedora with male pattern baldness
>Oh boy
>>
File: 1458888593063.jpg (34 KB, 1024x552) Image search: [Google]
1458888593063.jpg
34 KB, 1024x552
>>46584868
>Pre-session banter
>Talking to another player about a twist involving his character
>Afterparty bumps into the conversation and asks me to look over his sheet
>Honestly expected katana
>No katana, but he rolled a wizard-cleric hybrid
>mfw
>Whatever, he probably knows what he's doing
>Asks what we're talking about
>Give him brief recap
>"IS SHE HOT?"
>Erm, I don't know?
>"HOW BIG ARE HER BOOBIES?"
>No idea, senpai
>Afterparty saunters off
>Finish conversation and start talking to the host
>>
>>46584862
>Yeah we were cutting bottles up like edgy weeaboos
>keep it safe

The former is inherently unsafe. Especially with a shitty stainless steel wallhanger that's highly likely to break and injure someone.
>>
File: wakemeup.jpg (33 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
wakemeup.jpg
33 KB, 1280x720
>>46584862
>we made sure to keep it safe
APPARENTLY YOU FUCKING DIDN'T.
>>
>>46584875
>Host offers to buy pizza
>Proper bro tier, and loaded as fuck, but we all pay our share so he's not dropping $100 a week on us
>Everyone pays except Afterparty
>Few minutes later, host's wife comes in for something
>Introduces herself to Afterparty
>Spaghetti falls to the floor
>After she leaves, Afterparty turns to the host
>"YOUR WIFE IS H-O-T HOT."
>Host is all thanks m8
>"YEAH I HAD A GF ONCE, SHE LIVED IN OHIO..."
>Actually said "G-F"
>lol this guy
>Host leaves to get pizza
>Twistbro and I go on a beer run
>>
>>46584862
If you were "keeping it safe" you wouldn't have been playing with a fucking sharp object in the first place you fucking underage faggot.
>>
>>46584846
SupaNova at the Gold Coast

>>46584854
>>46584876
Real and carbon steel
>>
>>46584885
>Session starts, everyone gets pizza
>Afterparty claims almost an entire pizza for himself
>Host asks him nicely to leave some for everyone else
>"IM HUNGRY THOUGH"
>He then notices that there's beer
>Won't shut up about how bad beer is for us
>Cites a DUI that his father's sister's cousin's brother's former roommate had
>This goes on for far too long
>"Dude, we're starting"
>Session finally begins
>>
>>46584892
>Real and carbon steel
Uh huh.

"Made in China."
>>
File: 1459736050801.jpg (19 KB, 330x381) Image search: [Google]
1459736050801.jpg
19 KB, 330x381
>>46584898
>Session is in full swing, starting with some roleplay
>Afterparty's character learns of Twistbro's character being a girl
>"HEY MAN HOW HOT IS SHE?"
>Twistbro is annoyed so he just tells Afterparty that she's a hambeast
>"THATS COOL I LIKE THEM FATTER"
>Our collective faces when
>Decides that he's in love with Twistbro's character
>Twistbro is not happy
>Afterparty gets tired of non-combat dialogue and starts playing on his phone
>Shares le ebig memes with the group
>Ugh
>Hours pass
>Twistbro's character has been captured and is due to be sacrificed
>Within the story, she is to be used as a vessel for a cult's dying leader
>Group attempts to save Twistbro
>Too late, ritual is in progress
>In the middle of combat, Afterparty decides to sacrifice himself so Twistbro may live
>Disrupts ritual, only for it to resume moments later
>>
>>46584905
>I'm floored, Twistbro is floored
>Hours of planning for future events thrown out of the window
>Pages of now useless notes in my binder
>Chug the remainder of my beer
>Tell Afterparty that because he was sacrificed, his character is dead
>Afterparty doesn't understand
>Character death, dude
>"BUT WHY?"
>Explain to him again why he's dead
>Afterparty gets mad, starts yelling and throwing shit
>Demands that the party find some way to bring him back
>Tell him that character death is permenant here
>Goes and sulks on the couch for the rest of the night

He never came back after that. When I asked the ranger how he knew the guy, he simply said "MTG."

Of course.
>>
>>46584902
I bet it was one of those replica zinc alloy swords they sell to stupid tourists and OP got swindled.
>>
File: Bruxism-2.jpg (113 KB, 770x360) Image search: [Google]
Bruxism-2.jpg
113 KB, 770x360
>>46584892
>it says carbon steel right here it must be good rite
>>
>>46584850
>>46584886
>>46584902
>>46584915

>le ebin katana memes must be fake and under 15
>>
>>46584892
>Real and carbon steel

Probably not. Even if it were, it's a wall ornament and not actually made to be used.

Secure your shit, nigga.
>>
>>46584924
You bought a "katana" at an animu con.

I shouldn't need to explain why you can guarantee it's fake.
>>
>>46584892
All steel has carbon in it bucko.
>>
>>46584932
>>46584933
I donno, if I got swindled fair enough. Be the judge.

http://www.globalgear.com.au/hiro-nakamura-sword.html
>>
I think one of my players waifu'd one of the NPC's. Always asking what this specific NPC is doing and keeps asking if the NPC would go with the party. Before this turns into a full-blown That Guy story, I'm going to try and prevent it.

Should I kill off the NPC, in an attempt to cut the tumor off before it grows nerves or should I indulge this player and let the NPC go with them? If neither of these are good ideas, what should I do? Please I don't want to role play flirting with one of my players.

I have decided to not call him out on it since he hasn't really done anything. But if push comes to shove, I have confronted players before about their behavior on the table and they have complied. Although I do this as a last resort and only if I feel that their behavior is disruptive so as much as possible I don't want to be lecturing players on how they should act. But if the only way for this to stop is to call the player out on it, I will have no problems doing so.
>>
>>46584954
Oh god it's even a fucking prop replica.

Yeah bruh. It's not a real sword. It's a fucking wallhanger.
>>
>>46584954
Yeah, that's a wall-hanger.
>>
>>46584954
You didn't get swindled. You're just too stupid to realize you bought a decorative replica from a TV show.

You deserve everything that happens to you if you try to use this like a proper sword.
>>
>>46584954
>Real sword
>TV show prop replica
>$129 USD

Dude...
>>
>>46584964
A good quality wall hanger then I guess. Seems sturdyand and holds an edge. So I'm happy still.
>>
>>46584954
I got the same sword, it's just a prop. A prop with a metal blade, but a prop anyway
>>
>>46584956
>my player is roleplaying, ugh!
>maybe I should call him out on it
>>
>>46584984
I won't disagree that it's a nice prop. But it's a prop. Don't ever fucking pretend it's a real sword or you're likely to hurt someone (AGAIN).
>>
>>46584993
As we all know, real swords never hurt anyone.
>>
>>46584992
Well I haven't called him out on it. But I've definitely been feeling uncomfortable having to flirt with this player when he flirts with the NPC. And if I've learned anything from reading That Guy threads, then a player Waifu'ing a NPC is almost always bad news. It doesn't help that this specific player is a weaboo that's the type to physically kiss pictures of anime characters printed on cardboard. I'm just worried he's going to get too attached is all.

If you insist that this is healthy role play, then so be it I can live with playing a female NPC flirtatiously.
>>
>>46585007
>It doesn't help that this specific player is a weaboo that's the type to physically kiss pictures of anime characters printed on cardboard
Is your player OP?
>>
>>46585002
That's not the point, you moron.

Fucker actually swung a sharp piece of decorative steel at another object with people and animals in the vicinity. He's the kind of retarded window licker they print warning labels for. AND THIS KIND OF SHIT STILL HAPPENS.

He and his friends ought to be prosecuted.
>>
>>46585014
I sure do hope not. As far as I know though this player doesn't browse 4chan. It'd be pretty interesting though.

Hi Robert
>>
>>46584954
Tell me you're a fucking troll. You can't be that fucking stupid.
>>
>>46585002
Being a retard with a real sword is only marginally less likely to hurt someone as being a retard with a wallhanger sword only because the real sword is less likely to have the numerous structural faults of the wallhanger.
>>
>>46585040
I know exactly why it's less dangerous, but they already managed to fuck up with the sword in a way which is completely independent of its structural quality. The point is that even if they did have real swords they still shouldn't be playing with them, so pretending it's a real sword or whatever is a moot point.

I'm just arguing on the internet for the sake of it though.
>>
>>46585070
>The point is that even if they did have real swords they still shouldn't be playing with them, so pretending it's a real sword or whatever is a moot point.
Fair point, though.
>>
>>46584590

I don't think anyone can top the stupid shit part of the thread.

>That Guy

Used to play in a VtR game on roll20 (yes, I know, save it.)
One day, here comes arch-faggot supreme. He wants to play a serial killer that keeps people in his basement and gets violent because of loud noises. When he actually started playing, he was the most godawful, unbearable fishmalk piece of shit I've seen in my life. At one point, he even wore a goddamn onesie of a fish and infiltrated a cthulhu cult. Of course, somewhere there he decided to ditch the character after *gasp* they saw through his shitty disguise and put him on an altar and wanted to play a werewolf, because fuck all.

>plot twist, the ST was That Guy all along
>>
>>46584892
So you inspected the tang right? To make sure it's actually safe to cut with?

You cut with a sword which is almost certainly not safe to cut with around other people and you gave a idiot a functional sword and then failed to properly supervise him.

Complete fuck up.
>>
>Army of dwarves ask us for help
>They want us to explore a mine
>Ok
>Enter in mine
>Threats way over our paygrade and level
>One of the PCs dies
>Fall back
>GM says no, we can't
>Why not?
>There's a collapse
>We have scrolls to shape rock etc
>He says we now don't
>We have caster who can cast those spells
>He says army doesn't let us leave and force us to keep exploring mines
>Discusion over his suicidal request
>He doesn't believe is suicidal even when the threats are way over our level and a PC already died and there isn't a replacement
And so we left

btw, 5e, no map, all encounters were CR 4+, they had like +20 to perception making stealth useless, etc, literally impossible

Also, why so many people, specially GMs belive the average of a d20 is 16+? why the fuck "you only need a 16+ or more to hit" is an excuse for a hard encounter? that's not an excuse, that's actually a problem.
>>
>>46584954
It's made by United cutlery who are famous for making pure crap. You shouldnt have been swinging this let alone cutting with it.
>>
>>46585040
Actually, there's a big difference. A real sword is much less likely to send a chunk of blade flying off to injure or kill someone way outside of the swing.

The probability of accidentally injuring someone else is much higher.
>>
>>46584980
Those are aussie dollars mate. It's actually less than a hundred USD.
>>
File: 1423280073203.jpg (33 KB, 617x456) Image search: [Google]
1423280073203.jpg
33 KB, 617x456
>>46584590

I took over DM duties a campaign for a friend when he had to move overseas. I found out the old DM seemed to have no backbone in standing up to one guy who's playing a Drow Paladin who has a ton of homebrew shit and then complains when his homebrew isn't powerful enough.

>Old DM let him stick spikes on his shield so when he does shield bash he also does damage, essentially letting him do dual wield damage with all the protection of a shield. That Guy then complains that his shield doesn't do magical damage so it's being resisted by higher level monsters when rightfully he shouldn't have that damage at all
>Old DM allowed him to throw his shield like Captain America so he has a ranged shield bash. He complains when I don't let him use it as a reaction to catch a falling party member.
>His Find Steed summons a warg. He's allowed to spend one spell slot at the start of the day to have his warg out permanently. He's also allowed to turn his warg into a pug when in town so he doesn't scare residents and have his steed with him at all times. He complains when I fiat that the warg can't roll perception checks when in pug form
>Old DM let him get away with tonnes of stupid dangerous shit and pulled stuff out of his ass to keep him alive. Not me. When he broke off from the party to go visit the Underdark alone to go visit the Drow, he got horribly lost and killed by two Umberhulks. He complained about me being against him even when everyone in the party including me warned him that going down there by himself was a terrible idea

To top it all off, he came to me the other day with a new character idea to replace his Drow Paladin: A Sentient Potato who is a Dragon Knight. He linked https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Dragon_Knight_(5e_Class) this as his class and argued that sentient potatos are canon in the setting due to the results of a drunk one shot the Old DM did before he left.
>>
>That guy
My brother, he's a complete faggot in any game ever, disruptive as fuck, when he dms he thinks he's god, when he plays he wants the dm to cater to every of his whims, doesnt' read even the manuals etc

>stupid shit
What I do everytime, forgive him and keep inviting him...and then realize he didn't change one bit
>>
>>46585201
Oh man.

That just makes it worse.
>>
>>46585229
>Old DM let him stick spikes on his shield so when he does shield bash he also does damage, essentially letting him do dual wield damage with all the protection of a shield.
Aren't there rules for this in the D&D you are playing?
Even if you 2e/Basic, it shouldn't be hard to balance it out.
>Old DM allowed him to throw his shield
There are ways to do this legit.
>His Find Steed summons a warg
Not a grand issue...
>He's also allowed to turn his warg into a pug when in town so he doesn't scare residents
Naw, you wanted a bg bad mount, now deal with it.
>visit the Underdark alone
That is the stupidest thing I've read in a while.
>>
>>46585241
I can relate.
At least my that guy doesn't gm, but he is on his way to getting his final boot.
>>
File: freeform_RP.gif (2 MB, 300x173) Image search: [Google]
freeform_RP.gif
2 MB, 300x173
>>46585229
Congrats man. You found the king of faggots and he is in your game.

Reccomend freeform to him, where he can fag it up to the end of time and wont waste your time with his bullshit.
>>
>>46585229
>sentient potatos are canon in the setting due to the results of a drunk one shot the Old DM did before he left.

... I want to be a sentient potato now.
>>
>>46585283
Its 5e. Yea its not so much the damage I mind, I can let that slide since he paid money for it. Its that he genuinely started bitching that it wasn't also magical damage.

And also yea, summoning a warg is technically fine since its under the proper CR. But his permanent summon thing and switching it into a pug is just stupid. Also he called it "Joan Cena" and plays the fucking John Cena theme everytime he summons it or at least he did until I told him to knock that shit out after half a second
>>
is it possible to be an effective mage that focuses on spirit shit with a 3 magic and a shit ton of money?
>>
File: CarbonSteelChart.jpg (61 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
CarbonSteelChart.jpg
61 KB, 600x338
>>46584892
All steel has carbon. Thats what makes iron steel. "Carbon steel" is a buzzword.

Here is the long and short of it: If you get it at any form of convention, it is most likely 99.999% not made for cutting, no matter what the nice man at the booth says.

I highly suggest super gluing the sword into the sheath, and hanging it up to look pretty. No offense anon, but you are all a special brand of stupid.

>>46585121
He probably doesn't even know what a tang is. Its most likely a welded on rat tail with a 1/4" tapped bolt end.

>>46585201
There is a clear reason why they can't trust the public with weapons down there.
>>
>>46585229
that sucks dude, worst i've had to deal with, is a guy who min-maxed to the point of stupid then insisted he shouldn't have the downsides to go with, and he also made stuff take way too long because he kept trying to break through DM rules or boundaries, in his defense our DM sucked ass and railroaded us completely, but despite that a visit to a place that would have taken five minutes to explore took over thirty because he tried everything in his arsenal to get through a door to a basement that was bolted locked and magically sealed so we wouldn't waste time there, sadly didn't work
>>
>>46585229
>>Old DM let him stick spikes on his shield so when he does shield bash he also does damage, essentially letting him do dual wield damage with all the protection of a shield. That Guy then complains that his shield doesn't do magical damage so it's being resisted by higher level monsters when rightfully he shouldn't have that damage at all
What system? that's perfectly valid in 3.PF, if he has the money for the spikes and feat needed for that
>>Old DM allowed him to throw his shield like Captain America so he has a ranged shield bash. He complains when I don't let him use it as a reaction to catch a falling party member.
What system? that's perfectly possible in 3.PF if he has the feat needed for that
>>His Find Steed summons a warg. He's allowed to spend one spell slot at the start of the day to have his warg out permanently. He's also allowed to turn his warg into a pug when in town so he doesn't scare residents and have his steed with him at all times. He complains when I fiat that the warg can't roll perception checks when in pug form
What system? in most find mount spells allow you for different mounts than a horse, though a warg is maybe too strong
...ok, I read 5e, well, no, in 5e you can't deal damage with shield bash (you can only bash with shield master and only trips/shoves, doesn't deal damage) you can't also throw your shield and expect it to return unless magical, it will be an improvised weapon otherwise.

He's technically right with find steed, you can actually have any kind of mount with it, depends on the GM though, but find steed doesn't summon horses only, you can even summon a dragon if the GM sees it fit, for example he has high enough level, etc.

I think this is both a problem, also maybe he doesn't know well the system and that's why he, after the other GM let him do it, assumed it's a game feature and not a GM niche.
>>
>>46585331
SR thread this ain't mang.
To answer tho, depends on your edition.
1-3, hell naw. 4+5, if you got the dosh for implements and fetishes, you can get by.
>>
>>46585229
>due to the results of a drunk one shot the Old DM did before he left.
Well the old DM ain't the motherfucking DM any more, is he?
>>
>>46585319
my girlfriend wanted to play a campaign as a demon that possessed a house cat and was stuck in it's form, the idea was as the campaign went on she would unlock more of her real powers and gain more control over her form to the point where she was back to full power, honestly i thought it was fairly well thought out and it was disappoint when the DM wouldn't let her play it
>>
>>46585344
yeah sorry wrong thread

also thank you fampire
>>
>>46585338
Do you still post in the /cgl/ larp threads?
As for wall hangers, you can find some with a decent metallurgy that with some homework, can be rendered serviceable, but you won't find it in a sword.
Daggers/dirks/messers, tho, especially ones that are more function than form, can be honed with your own stone pieces.
>>
>>46585357
>guessed it was SR
>was right
>holy shit
No problem, omae.
Now go forth and get paid.
>>
>Sorry, you can't be a tiefling
>This? well, this is my DMPC, so he can be a neko-kitsune tiefling superpaladin, what's superpaladin? his special homebrewed class, sorry, you can't be superpaladin either
>No, you can't totem barbarian either, that's furry
>>
>>46585352
This is sorta cute. but I can see why it got shot down.
It would be incredibly difficult to run a campaign around, and would exponentially increase workload.
Well, I think I am That Guy, or at least I have been accused of it. Find out today where it goes.
>>
>>46585361
Yes. Just posted.

And in general, if its Chinese, its shit. If its Paki or Indian, its most likely shit, but can be good (lets say 80/20). East Euro is now comming into the market strong, and they make good shit, but its not as "flashy".
>>
>>46585340
Yep 5e man. I must have spent about 3 hours researching all the stupid shit the guy has to try and rebalance it because he seemed to be able to do anything he wanted just cause he asked the Old DM if he could do it and it would be "really cool." Also not only does the shield come back, he used to have an ability to do a trick with it where he throws it behind an enemy and hit them in the back of the head when it returned which drags them towards him, upon which he's allowed to do a two handed swing. That got removed pretty fast.

He also seems to think that good roleplaying just means making bad choices. This campaign isn't the first time I've DMed for him. Every time he's offered a choice for an important character development moment, he takes the obvious bad choice and reasons it with "it's what my character would do" even when it clearly isn't. For example I made a bunch of lost spirits offer his shaman character (whose dedicated his life to protecting spirits) the chance to become what is essentially the spirit pope and he tuned it down because "my character doesn't feel he's worthy. Even after the spirits all said "you are literally the only person in the world who can be spirit pope" he still insists he's not the man for the job.
>>
>>46585389
i do understand where DM is coming from, he's a buddy and he runs campaigns or makes them all the time so if he says no it's fair, i think the easiest way to do it would to be to treat it as a sorcerer class or warlock, but i've never run a campaign so...
>>
File: failedsanitycheck.gif (3 MB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
failedsanitycheck.gif
3 MB, 720x405
>"Alright so what's going on right now?"
>every turn after he hops off his phone when he hears his name
>>
>>46585394
Paki shit will at least have the metal.
A smithy boyo of mine took an old hanger I had, broke it down, rounded out the metal and reforged it, damn good stuff.
>chink shit is shit
>>46585404
No, anon, what he is really saying is
>I don't want to be involved in the world
>>
>>46585423
Like I said, most Paki is crap, some is good. You wont find it at a weeb convention or through BudK though.
>>
>>46585404
>For example I made a bunch of lost spirits offer his shaman character (whose dedicated his life to protecting spirits) the chance to become what is essentially the spirit pope and he tuned it down because "my character doesn't feel he's worthy. Even after the spirits all said "you are literally the only person in the world who can be spirit pope" he still insists he's not the man for the job.
I don't see this as a bad thing, feeling not worthy can make perfect sense even if he's the only one avaliable...unless his character is a cocky arrogant fagget with superego, in that case, what the fuck?
>>
>>46585338
Yeah, totally sorry I'm not an expert.
>>
>>46585456
You don't have to be an expert, you just shouldn't be a mouth breathing goober.
>>
>tfw you realize you have like PTSD due a long history of having bad GMs and you now overreact to every tiny shit not even made with malice
I became that guy
>>
>>46585460
I'll fix it.

*Yeah, totally sorry I don't share the exact knowledge you do.
>>
>>46585456
No one is asking you to be an expert, but goddamn son, you don't have any common sense.
>>
>>46585452
I guess I should give a bit more context sorry about all this responding, I just have a lot of fucking grievances about this one guy that need airing

So to begin with, it wasn't his character. He was actually playing for a friend of his who had to leave the campaign and this was one of his first sessions. They had both assured me that they had discussed in length the shaman's backstory and motivations and everything before the handover though.

Secondly, the shaman was pretty much raised to be spirit pope and literally was the only person in the world who could be spirit pope. If he wasn't worthy, no one in the entire world would be worthy. It was either him or nothing and the shaman's entire character arc was building for him to be spirit pope.

Third, the spirits had just fled from their home after the BBEG destroyed it. It wasn't really the party's fault that it happened but That Guy still felt it was reason enough to make the shaman claim he's not worthy. Even when the spirits all went "dude its totally not your fault, now will you please do the job you've been raised to do since birth and lead us to a new home already?" he still went "nah I don't think I'm worthy to do it, you should find someone else," and walked off.
>>
File: 1334695633014.gif (89 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1334695633014.gif
89 KB, 600x450
>>46585476
Slow your roll, marmite muncher. You bought a "real carbon steel katana! (tm)" (strike one) from an animu covention, and proceeded to swing it around (strike two) without basic sword inspection knowledge or safety (strike three) with a dog running around (you have already gone past the point of no return).

You have no one to blame but yourself. No offense, but even the most skub-loving, fedora wearing new comer to /tg/ at least knows that what you did was retarded.
>>
>That Guy who actively finds ways and reasons to kill off his character or get them to suicide so he can play a new character

I'll admit it's fucking funny because he's good at it but sometimes, fucking come on, man.
>>
>>46585528
well i guess it means no biggie if you character dies, and you can have them die valiantly or something similar, but sometimes i'd say it would get dull
>>
>>46585528
People do this?
>>
>>46585528
Not exactly great when some plot or important stuff has been built around that character. Same guy who hurt the dog does that a lot.
>>
>>46585476
You don't get to act this indignant when you're the one who risked injuring and/or killing someone. Hell, a dog actually did get hurt because you and your retarded friends thought it'd be fun to play with a sharpened steel bar.

You're fucking weaponized stupid.
>>
>>46585590
this
>>
>>46585528
Seen that.
>>46585552
Yes, they do.
I remember that a guy that did this in my game did this at the very climax of a 2 year long campaign, and got butthurt when the dm refused to allow him to bring in a new character 1 session before the end of the game.
>>
>>46585590
Slow down there, pal. You're coming off as mean.
>>
>>46585519
>Slow your roll, marmite muncher.
>>46585590
>weaponized stupid

Stealing these.
>>
>>46585552
Yes. Usually it goes

>Some OOC discussion about back-up characters
>tells us his concept for back-up, seems cool
>clearly falls in love with it
>some event happens where we see our futures
>he decides his character did not like what he saw
>explains that his character has lost his sole motivation and sees no point in going on
>tries to fall to his death and nearly gets us killed trying to save him
>we're somewhere between laughing our asses off and groaning in frustration
>other party member OOC accuses him of just wanting to play another character
>he responds with a shit eating grin on his face

Luckily he hasn't ever succeeded in these attempts and his characters died of normal adventurer causes or he had to play them through to the end.
>>
>>46585612
That is how we teach stubborn cunts.

https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1755&dat=20051004&id=qAwfAAAAIBAJ&sjid=UIYEAAAAIBAJ&pg=5968,5719453&hl=nl

This could have been you, OP. 'Freak accident', my ass. Predictable failure from a substandard product used improperly by a stupid moron.
>>
>>46585652
I would just like to jump in and add something to what this gentleman's post: it's the dog we're upset over, if you or your friends had been skewered we'd be totally fine with it.
>>
>>46585833
> it's the dog we're upset over, if you or your friends had been skewered we'd be totally fine with it.

On the contrary, it would have been funny.
>>
>>46585833
>>46585856
As OP, I'd agree
>>
>>46585552

Yes, I've played in a lot of games where you weren't allowed to change characters if desired, so it resulted in people suiciding to get new characters.
>>
>>46585932
Quit trying to suck up, you half retarded dingo diddler.
>>
>>46585452
Hmm, its kinda funny, but you know a Pope elected by the curia is SUPPOSED to do exactly that, reject the position. Its part of the ritual -
I am not worthy, I am not worthy, I am not worthy, well if you insist.
Even if he's not that clued in, I can understand the position. Dude still sound like a jerk though.
>>
>>46584590
Trip Fisk warned you and YOU DIDN'T FUCKING LISTEN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_RpbaUU7NI&list=PL8347B5F22DA5BBCA

Swords are dangerous, they'll fucking cut you wide open.
>>
>>46585995
Don't be a meanie, pal.
>>
>>46584913

I really enjoyed your story.
>>
>Playing SR 5e
>To spice things up we are playing as corporate whores for a while until we are to be kicked from the place and become runners
>PLOT happens and we are now on the run
>Avoid any and all publicity, work in the shadows to clear our names and become legends in the shadowrunner community
>Last run in the campaign: Infiltrate the corps headquarters and clear our names any way possible because some big shoes didn't like the cut of our jibs
>Extensive plan to find the evidence we need, broadcast it publicly, reveal how the big shoe has fucked the corps over and have the big boys do our work for us as we return back to the shadows with a considerably smaller bounty on our heads
>We all agree on this plan and put it in motion
>We buy our gear in secret from the GM because story wise it's better so that if one guy is caught that they would be able to extract info
>This worked for our advantage in the past, but was now about to bite us in the ass
>Infiltration complete, mage and shaman bombarding the building with ritual spells they've been preparing for days
>Everybody else gets in the place, find Big McDouche's office, ransack it and enact the last part of the plan
>But oh lordy would the insane player want to screw that over
>Straps plastic explosive on Big McDouche, carts him out of the office on his office chair and runs around screaming bloody murder
>"If i do this they WILL listen" he says as his character carts Big McDouche into the open in front of the building
>Threatens to kill him if they don't listen, his character is gunned down as soon as the HTRT arrives
>Nobody believes the evidence we circulate, we are labeled terrorists and the campaign ends with us having to move to the Antarctic to run away from the corps
>We never let the the dumb fuck do anything behind our back after that and we have started to keep his characters on a leash, sometimes literally

Nice guy, but can't play PnP for shit
>>
>>46586065
Don't be a danger to yourself and others. I'll call the fucking troopers, mate.

RSPCA's gonna have that cunt's dog. Gonna put it in a proper home, out of reach of violently retarded bogans like yourself.
>>
File: abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz.gif (875 KB, 245x207) Image search: [Google]
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz.gif
875 KB, 245x207
>>46584590
You're all idiots.
>>
>>46584590

I was dicking around with prop lightsabers the other day and still made sure to clear about 6m in a circle, notify everyone nearby, stash phones and glasses away, and make sure the pets were locked up.

For swinging about plastic tubes.

(Also how was Supernova I wanted to go)
>>
>>46586150
We made sure people and items were clear. The doggo just ran from the laps of the other people.

And it was great. I always go to both the Gold Coast and Brisbane one, or at least try to. Tons of cool shops and some pretty sick cosplays.
>>
>>46586081
There's no thumbs up emoticon like on Facebook, so just imagine it instead.

And I'm not going to just take a screenshot of one either.
>>
>>46586211
So you didn't make sure then, did you?

Fuck's sake, you're dense. And a dog paid the price.
>>
>>46584590
Did you really think this would turn into a decent That Guy thread with you admitting to severe animal abuse in the first post, OP? On 4chan, of all places?
>>
>>46586256
Well considering it wasn't me and it was a horrible accident, yes I did.
>>
>>46584913
>>I'm floored, Twistbro is floored
>>Hours of planning for future events thrown out of the window
Was he aware it was pre-planned?
>>
>>46586231

Dog jumped into blade after space had been cleared and bottles had already been smashed.

Dog is dumb and gets hit.

Don't get me wrong, OP is also clearly a moron, but the dog was stupid too... And all things considered, I feel comfortable holding this group to the same level of accountability as a dumb domestic animal.

Just a whole pile of dumb.
>>
>>46586256
I'd say it's a much better That Guy thread than usual, considering that OP described a much better That Guy than the usual copypaste crap that fills the regular threads.
>>
>>46586286
>the dog was stupid too
It's a pupper, you sad fuck.
>>
File: Good Sleep Chihuahua.jpg (36 KB, 600x582) Image search: [Google]
Good Sleep Chihuahua.jpg
36 KB, 600x582
>>46586346
>pupper
>>
>>46586286
Dogs have no concept of swords or safety and simply wants to be involved in the game like activity of the people.

Don't you dare ever blame the animal. It is the responsability of the people to ensure its well being.
>>
>>46586286
>Blaming the doggo
Nigga, you DO realize /tg/ is still 4chan?
>>
>>46585229
No thatguy... YOU ARE THE POTATO.
>>
File: 7c9.jpg (46 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
7c9.jpg
46 KB, 500x500
Okay thats it, I'm going to get off my chest everything I hate about this one fucking player in my group:

>Creates special zany characters and gets upset when I veto them. This especially comes into play when he comes up with a new character and tries to kill his old one so he can play his new one
>Goes on "zany" adventures that just end up taking up a lot of time
>Gets upset when he perceives that the homebrew concessions I let him have aren't powerful enough when the alternative is to not have them at all
>Whenever he speaks in his character's voice, no matter which character, all he starts doing is some weird slow whisper that's really hard to understand
>Makes terrible decisions all the time and justifies it as "it's what my character would do" even when it clearly is not
>He interrupts. All the time. When I'm trying to answer somebody's question, he jumps up with his own question and demands it answered immediately. When I'm trying to describe a room he'll interrupt with another question about the room that he would have gotten the answer to if he waited another 5 seconds (this isn't a case of him trying to expand on a detail, this is him asking completely unrelated things about the room, like asking if he can find a trapdoor while I'm still detailing the contents of the room). He interrupts with his own actions while I'm still narrating someone else's actions. A particularly egregious example is when I was narrating a touching scene where the party druid was helping the survivors of a destroyed fishing town make rafts so they can do their viking funeral and midway he just yells out "OH I BLESS THE BODIES."

cont
>>
>>46585134

Because your average martial should have at least +4 to hit on their primary weapon at level 1. AC of 16 isn't that hard to hit, especially with advantage.
>>
>>46586689
>He adjudicates other people's actions when that's meant to be my job and ends up just creating confusion. Like he tells the rogue she has sneak attack when she actually doesn't, just tells people they have advantage on ability checks because he's helping them when he actually can't etc. Sometimes he'll "remind" people of abilities they don't actually have like telling the Tiefling she's immune to fear effects.
>He min maxes so hard that he actually min maxes other peoples turns for them. He tells people what actions to take so that he can combo off them later.
>He never pays attention when it's anything not concerning him. Even though he's probably the one who gets the most solo attention due to all his "zany" bullshit adventures, he never pays attention when its anyone else who is getting focused on. Not only does he not pay attention, he brings out his phone and starts looking up literal memes and starts showing it to the other players and distracting them. Sometimes he does this at critical plot points or in very emotional moments in the story
>Even though the party is pretty large (8 players) and he causes half my distractions, he gets visibly angry when I forget something he says and ask him to repeat himself. Like he'll act incredibly indignant as if he can't believe that anyone could space out for a second and forget what he said his attack roll was
>Despite not actually reading the rules, he tries to rules lawyer really hard in order to convince me to let him do certain things that he obviously should not be able to do
>Not only that but he refers to random online homebrews as his sources such as telling me how much damage a butterfly sword should do
>Accuses me of railroading at every opportunity despite very clear evidence to the contrary
>If even one character goes down during a fight he protests very loudly that I'm just trying to cause a TPK for my own amusement

cont
>>
>>46586700
>Thinks that my job as DM is to essentially just let him do anything he wants and that he should be able to roll for anything and theoretically succeed at anything if he rolls high enough
>Whenever a player is missing for a session I just make their character go into a form of stasis for the session. He interprets this to mean he can take their equipment and use it as he sees fit, up to and including single use items
>He hoards all the loot and insists he deserves it more. He's been arguing with the party book loving wizard for the past two sessions about why he deserves to read the charisma raising book more than the wizard does
>He metagames all the time. As soon as I say a monsters name he looks it up in the monster manual to prepare for it. This creates bigger problems when I homebrew and upgrade certain monsters to suit the party level and he throws a hissy fit when a certain monster shouldn't be able to do that much damage or has higher AC than the manual says it should
>Despite the fact that we're in a homebrew setting, he insists on using knowledge of race relations from the Forgotten Realms as the basis for his in game knowledge despite my repeated reminders that they've been changed for the setting
>Never talks to people. He just starts attacking them if they show the slightest hint of being suspicious, even though due to the nature of the campaign and the actions of the party, everyone they talk to is at least a little suspicious
>He plays his own music when he does something he thinks is funny or cool
>>
>>46586713
And that's all I can think of for now. I'm sure there's more. The funny thing is, he's been saying for months that he wants to run a one shot campaign and he never does it, he just keeps on preparing. Its probably best that he doesn't since from what he's been telling me, the details are terrible and the setting ridiculous and completely unsuited to be run in DnD 5e (the only rules he knows). I want him to get all pissed off too when his players don't follow his ridiculously detailed and complicated story plan.

And if you're wondering why he's still in the group, it's because he's actually the boyfriend of one of the girls in our group and she's one of the best players I've ever had and I don't want to risk losing her by kicking out her boyfriend.

And yes, I've confronted him on every single thing, but he never fucking learns.

Oh also he always comes in late and when he does, he distracts everyone by ranting really loudly why he was late no matter what the party is doing at that moment
>>
>>46586698
>AC 16
Nope, I said roll a 16+ and then add your to hit, not beat DC 16. Lowest AC we found in that mine was 21, and there were shit only with nat20.
>>
>>46586700
Why not kick him out?
>>
>>46586729
Wow, just kick that guy man.

Did you talk to his gf about his antics? Did you tell her you would kick her bf if she wasn't such a good player?
>>
>>46586813
I think she also knows that her boyfriend is kinda an ass in game. She rolls her eyes whenever he brings up a new zany character and she's usually the one who gets him to put his phone away or pay attention to things.

But honestly I've gotten used to it and can put up with it. I just have to vent occasionally like just then to get through it.
>>
>>46586729
Dude, until the very end, I thought you were my gm talking about our group's that guy. He does almost everything you stated.
Was so close I just called my gm up to ask about it.
>>
>>46586860
So you're going to let him piss all over 7 other people's fun.

Start punishing that cunt. Tell him to cut the shit in no uncertain terms if he's being a dick OOC, and make sure NPCs respond appropriately if he acts like a dick IC.
>>
>>46586911
Eh the other 7 don't mind as much. If you note, most of what I mentioned is mainly just stuff that he does that makes my job as a DM much harder. The other players have also gotten pretty good at just ignoring him when he tries to tell them what to do on their turns and such.

And don't worry, I certainly do make NPCs respond appropriately. Its usually what causes his zany adventures.
>>
>>46584590
>treating a sword like a toy

I can tell none of you idiots have worked around anything more dangerous than a stapler.
>>
>>46587004
I agree that OP is a stupid fuckwit.
>>
>>46587056
Long discussed, if you cared to read the thread. We've moved on.
>>
>>46584590
Anyone got the screencap of the sequel to WHM and the MaidRPG guy called PIGFUCKER? We should probably post both of them here.
>>
>>46586937
I can guarentee your players are not having nearly as much fun as they could have
having someone be such a fucking cunt is damaging to enjoyment, you need to get rid of him, if the girlfriend isn't retarded she'll see that it's necessary and stay in the group
>>
>>46585319
All the sentient potatoes go onto a sea vessel to start an autocracy.

>Dick-tator-ship
>>
>>46584933

Well, there's often shitty-made swords, but at cons you actually have to be 18 to purchase a sword, so there's that.
>>
>>46584845

Even my stupid ass had the presence of mind to get a sword made of durable wood for training instead of just getting one made of stamp-pressed, shitty metal.
>>
>>46584590
>Apparently everyone who touched or cut something with a sword is at fault and has to pay the vet bill, don't know the price yet, and I'm the one whom is most at fault according to the guy because I was the one who brought the sword there.
Why would your response to this be anything other than "go fuck yourself"?
>>
>>46588095

The guy bought a weapon with zero knowledge of how to use it or the fact that it was a prop wallhanger and put it in the hands of someone with equally zero knowledge. He then proceeded to not keep track of what was going on around the sharp piece of metal being swung in utterly incompetent hands. There are so many decisions OP could have made that would have resulted in the dog not getting injured. He is to blame.
>>
>>46584892
yeah a steel pot is also technically carbon steel
>>
>>46584892
>supanova

>before this thread
"man shit sucks for aussies their fucking nannystate government bans the dumbest shit. stupid knife laws, stupid gun laws..."
>after this thread
"jesus, maybe they do need to protect their citizens from their own stupidity."
>>
>>46586713
>>Thinks that my job as DM is to essentially just let him do anything he wants and that he should be able to roll for anything and theoretically succeed at anything if he rolls high enough

God damn I hate this. I got a guy I play with, hes not a That Guy but he does have some kinda annoying habits.

The one that relates to what you said was I was DMing a sandbox evil campaign in DnD 4e (4e sucks, blah blah, we all know). He was playing a succubus bard and it wasnt going well for him. Maybe he had it built wrong or something, I dont know but he wasnt enjoying it as much as he wanted to.

Add to this that despite him being a face type character he never really was a face. The guy playing a LE Goliath did most of the talking because OOC he would usually be the first one to come up with ideas or something to say (which also meant that other than the quests I handed them most things primarily benefited him). Anyway, he didnt get a lot of face time which he got angry about and he didnt like me telling him to step up and take the reins from the Goliath player .
>>
>>46589406
Eventually he got really angry and confronted me about it, trying to be calm but clearly angry. He brought up that he wasnt the face and I told him to take the initiative which he took offence to. He brought up how his build wasnt working and I mentioned all the stuff I house rules for him (compared to the almost nothing for the other two). He said I wasnt givong him enough spotlight, I brought up the two quests I made for him, compared to the none for the third player and only about 3 for the Goliath player who took the reins and steered the party to them without me having to deliver it on a silver platter to him like I did for the bard. He called bullshit and got angrier and brought up the combat from the previous session where he was standing beside a guy before the fight while the Goliath was talking with someone and how I didnt give him the chance to talk to the guy (I actually didnt because I didnt know what to do with that npc).

Then he said that he should be able to, without any magic items or spells or even leverage/blackmail, be able to tell an enemy something and roll high enough on Persuasion or whatever and be able to turn them to his side. I immediately vetoed it and he stormed off saying I wasnt letting him play his character and muttering bullshit. The campaign was stopped shortly after and we moved to a different system.

He has a few other things that really annoy me (or maybe Im kust an autist), but I wont continue to blog unless people are interested.
>>
>>46589430
People are always interested.
>>
>>46589430
i am interested
>>
>>46586729
Describing a room to the party and he interrupts with a question you were about to answer? Just raise your voice and talk over him, look him square in the face when you answer that part, and go back to regular group addressing after. It's not like the retard is going to pack up his shit and leave.

Viking funeral.
OH I BLESS THE BODIES.
The chief grabs you by the shirt
I WANT TO ROLL FOR INITIATIVE
it's a cutscene (maybe he'll understand that), and tells you that you're going to pay proper respect, or he's going to teach you proper respect; you aren't a druid viking (or whatever).
>>
>>46589474
>>46589836
Continuing on then.

He is currently in a Pokemon PnP game that I dropped out of a long time ago (that's a whole nother story) and he was looking into picking up a new class that would pretty much allow him to use the moves of various Pokemon but they had a wind up time of a few turns (which combat in that game can get pretty brutal and a few turns is a long damn time) during which he could not give his pokemon any commands so he had to hope that they were smart enough to act on their own. He was going to pick it up and thought it would be awesome to be able to sling around Hyper Beam and shit on a 3 turn wind up.

I started by politely saying that that doesn't seem that great since by the time you have it all charged up your target is likely to be KO'd or so close to it that you might as well have just swung at the thing with a crowbar.

He got indignant and claimed that it would work great and that everyone else would just not attack that target and that that would be the most strategically sound way to go about this.

I remarked that the most strategically sound thing to do would be to end the fight as quick as possible, not make sure the fight lasts long enough for him to get his super move off. The more turns that more enemies are attacking you the worse off you are.

He started to get visibly annoyed and made the remark that it is the other player's jobs to make sure that everyone gets their time in the spotlight.

Flabbergasted I, in a not so polite tone anymore, said that it is not the other player's job to make sure that the others can shine. They might step back every now and then but the primary person that spotlight sharing falls to is the DM and that the other players have no responsibility to let him do his super speshul stuff when their literal asses are on the line.

At which point he got angry and stormed off. I don't think he ever picked up that class though. I got even more, just give me a bit to eat my over due breakfast.
>>
File: 4172-10605-28048.jpg (14 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
4172-10605-28048.jpg
14 KB, 320x240
>>46584954
>literally a copy of the katana from Heroes
>from Heroes
>of all fucking places

i cannot stop laughing
>>
File: happy_down_syndrome_boy.jpg (692 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
happy_down_syndrome_boy.jpg
692 KB, 1000x667
>>46585229
>sentient potatoes

So that's what happens when you cast Awaken on a retard.
>>
>hurting an innocent animal because you're that fucking stupid

If I was there, I would have beat them until my hands broke.

You are worthless human waste. Liquid feces has more value than you. Suicide is the only possible end for you.
>>
>>46584590
That's good that you're all chipping in but I'll probably be one of the few dissenting opinions but you are not the most to blame. You didn't hit the dog. THAT GUY did. If everyone else was being careful with it but THAT GUY wasn't it's all on him. You shouldn't really be getting any flack for weebing out and buying a katana. Is it slightly cringy? Sure. But bringing it to your friends place isn't a terrible decision. If someone accidentally cuts them self while using a knife, it doesn't mean it's the knifes fault unless it's faulty. Equally if THAT GUY was actually being careful with a dangerous object this wouldn't have happened
It's on us to utilize common sense to make smart decisions. Failure to do so is on the one who did it.
>>
>>46590168
Cont.

For those who are wondering all these conversations take place at work because we work the same morning shift in the same department at a hardware store.

Our group plays the DC deckbuilding game fairly often cause it's a damn good game. Unfortunately, he can be a very poor sport sometimes and ass soon as it looks like he might not win he starts to sulk. Then, once things start to come back a little he starts acting like the smuggest prick ever (he does the same in PnP when he rolls good after rolling bad, annoying as shit).

He constantly claims that cards that just say 'Draw a card' are amazing even in situations with nothing to support them and refuses to admit otherwise.

We've had the argument a couple times and my point is that, without things to trigger off of the card draw, that a card that says draw card does you absolutely nothing compared to if it wasn't in the deck. If it's there, you get the next card down. If it wasn't in your deck then you would have just gotten the next card down when drawing your new hand anyway. This logic just doesn't sit with him and he can't his head around it.

The last argument we had about it he ended it by saying 'it's like Schrodinger's cat' as he walked away, which had nothing to do with what we were talking about.

He also doesn't believe in destroying the 1 power cards you start with despite seeing me and others get lean and efficient decks constantly by blowing all that shit up and will argue for keeping them.

>on to the actual story
We were playing a game of DC once and things weren't going great for him. I don't remember the exact circumstances but he was in a situation where if he took a risk he could potentially get a decent advantage but he just wouldn't do it. Eventually he yelled out 'I KNOW HOW RISKS ALWAYS TURN OUT FOR ME ANON!' and didn't do it, damn near breaking out into tears.
>>
>>46590668
Cont. again

Another time after this we were pressuring him to take a smaller risk and he ended getting all angry and slamming a card on the table and doing it, expecting it turn out bad and then getting all embarrassed when it worked out just fine.

I never realized just how little I actually liked him until recently. He likes to talk just to talk, is a defeatist, doesn't take loss well (admittedly no as bad as some but still), don't share a lot of interest beyond the group, is a very Christian boy, believes that big movies (Star Wars, Superhero stuff, etc) HAS to be good and is unwilling to accept that things don't have to be amazing before they come out, etc.

The only other thing I really have is why I left the Pokemon campaign, which is kinda long. If we still got people in here though I'll type it up.
>>
>>46585612
>You're coming off as mean.
Welcome to 4chan nigger, now fuck off back to tumblr or whatever shithole you crawled out of.
>>
>>46590711
I'm interested
>>
>>46590711
Sure, tell the story.
>>
>>46590711
Tell it, preacher, I can actually use most of your stories as examples to show a friend coming into the hobby things that will piss people off and make them unwelcomed to future sessions.
>>
>>46591101
Not a horrible idea.

>>46590946
>>46591045
Alright, settle in then folks. This was all about a year ago so I apologize if I don't remember some things.

As stated, I was in a Pokemon PnP game (don't remember which version of it it was unfortunately) and it was myself, the guy I was bitching about previously who was originally the DM but passed it to someone else because he didn't have anything prepared despite having nothing going on in his life and a month to prepare who we'll call Jack, an old friend of mine who will be Sam, and the guy who became the DM who will be Chase.

Once again Jack decided to make a face character despite almost never stepping up to talk with people and being awkward as shit about it. This almost immediately became apparent (again) when we reached the first town and we ran into some Poison type Pokemon fighting some Steel/Ground/Electric types.

Little bit of backstory here. My character was a Psychic with a particular liking for Poison/Ghost/other (generally) unlike Pokemon. His only real friend was a Gastly that he had met when he was like 5 and immediately psychically bonded to. This meant that my character had spent the last almost 20 years with only a Ghost/Poison type as his real friend who he was, more or less, sharing a mind with. The DM knew this as I had gone over it with him more than once and even given a backstory sheet that he asked for.

That in mind, I immediately stepped in on the side of the Poison types despite knowing OOC that the DM was trying to set them up as the 'bad guys' in this situation. Before a fight could break out a dude ran up and started to tell me to just leave it be and let it run it's course, and my character pretty much told him to fuck off cause he wasn't leaving the Poison types to get their asses beat.
>>
>>46591521
Cont.

After some words from the guy all the Pokemon scattered and he revealed that he was the town's gym leader, a Poison type gym for that matter. I inwardly questioned why he would let all these Pokemon fight like this, especially when half of them were the type he specializes in, but pressed on and followed him back to his gym.

Once back there he explained that the Poison types had been moving into the territory cause the power plant up stream had been putting off more waste and giving them a better place to live. This wouldn't be a problem if they weren't also encroaching on the territory of the Electric and Steel types in the region, displacing them and causing the territory wars like I saw.

By this point the DM was annoyed with me for siding with the Poison types and having to rework everything he had planned, despite knowing that IC I had a huge soft spot for Poison types. But he trudged on, with me doing all the talking because this had pretty much become my fight.

He told us where the Steel guys called home and we headed there. Long story short, they only let me in to commune with them and kept all the others out under threat of serious bodily harm. I felt kinda bad because this had suddenly become a lot about my character and no one else. We made an agreement and they told us where the Poison types called home and we headed there. Repeat exactly what happened at the Steel place, with me being the only one let inside to talk with them.

Eventually we find there's some rogue Poison types that are causing shit and we go and fight them. We win and after the fight, because they're all Poison types, I ask who everyone else wants cause I don't want to be a greedy fuck and only Sam takes one, leaving me the other two. This gave me two boss statted Pokemon when I already had a few more than everyone else from the trail to town.

Cont again.
>>
>>46591521
>Knows that OOC they're supposed to 'bad guys'
>keeps OOC knowledge from IC knowledge and sides with the side that the character would side with

Oh hey, something else I need to teach this person, playing the character, not your OOC knowledge.
>>
>>46590711
>>46590668
sounds like a fucking child, holy fuck
>>
>>46584808
>you sound like an immature pack of windowlickers who shouldn't be allowed near sharp objects

So, homo sapiens?
>>
File: laughing out loud.jpg (799 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
laughing out loud.jpg
799 KB, 2560x1600
>>46584913
>When I asked the ranger how he knew the guy, he simply said "MTG."
>>
>>46584590
>giving sword to someone who has no experience on it
you are lucky someone didnt die.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEpu89JjaYQ
also how much did you get hte katana for? and the brand?
>>
>Be 12 yo
>Cool uncle gives me a katana made in Toledo
>Edge is blunt though
>Cool anyway
>Play with it because retarded 12 yo kid with katana
>literally cut a chunk the sice of a fist out of a wooden deck railing
And it was fucking blunt, imagine if it were sharp. Don't play with weapons, even if they're cheap knock-offs, even if they aren't sharp.
>>
>>46591542
After all this I felt kinda bad because for about a session and a half I was the only person who really did anything at all, but was hopeful that things would improve.

So we pressed on to the next town, which just so happened to be the one with the power plant that was putting off so much waste that was attracting all the poison types in the previous town.

My character, because of his liking of Poison types and the like, had joined a Biker gang when he was a young teenager before leaving it after a few years after seeing what they did to Psychics. Because of this he saw no problem with petty theft and other slightly illegal things.

So, once we got the the PokeMart I attempted to swipe a few things, and to do so I telekinetically caused a bottle to fall to create a distraction. As per rules, this takes no roll and simply has set limitations but the DM had gotten a particular hate boner for my class and required rolls for damn near everything (more on that later). Anyway, cause I didn't want to start shit I just rolled and got a 1. He ruled that cause of this I lost control of it and instead of just sliding it off the shelf that it flung across the room hitting something flammable and then igniting the whole store.

So my character quickly left and went to the bar to get drunk because that was some weird shit. This eventually lead to an interesting inter party interaction where my character was explaining what happened to another party member with Officer Jenny nearby and he drunkenly implied that he might have caused it. Which lead to me talking like a tipsy ex biker to Jenny and trying to smooth talk my way out of it, which I just barely did before going upstairs and going to sleep.
>>
>>46592071
Eventually we got the main plot hook to go to the power plant and fix everything. On the way there we run into an Raikou (legendary lightning dog for those who don't know) and I said that my character immediately put all Pokemon out in their balls and made myself to look as small and unintimidating as possible. The others followed suit and I, not the face, was talked to by Raikou about plot things.

After that confrontation we got to the power plant, which was pitch black. The DM had a bunch of maps for the rooms and as we progress through I realize that we aren't getting much revealed for the dimensions he's giving us and it eventually comes out that he was thinking our flashlights would only give us like 10 feet of light (seriously) which I quickly said was bullshit.

As we keep going through he's making us roll for everything.
>What's down the hall?
>Roll
>15
>Nothing special, just a hall
Literally anytime we ask what we see he asks for a Perception roll. At one point one of us was standing LITERALLY right in front of a sign on a wall with a flashlight on and asked what the sign said and he made them fucking roll to see what the sign said. I was getting rather annoyed by all this pointless rolling and brought up that there was no reason for most of these rolls which caused a bit of an argument.

He had also mentioned during this that every dungeon he ever did would have a 'monster challenge room' and a 'treasure room.' He said he was basing it off some vidya he played. That also annoyed me, both that he would tell us and that he would have such similar ideas for every dungeon.
>>
>>46592092
>He had also mentioned during this that every dungeon he ever did would have a 'monster challenge room'
mystery dungeon maybe?
>>
>>46592092
Anyway, that shit went on throughout. At one point I almost died because his monster challenge room was a bunch of Voltorbs with explode. Eventually we get to the Team Rocket rip off admin lady and after some fighting she escapes literally right before I was about to get her. I'm fairly certain that he had her escape because he didn't want her to die (because I would've killed her) but he says that wasn't the reason she got away (of course). The more annoying part was that she was able to move full speed after I had lodged a knife in her fucking ankle and failed the attempt to cut her Achille's Tendon.

I was extremely annoyed.

During that fight, however, Sam's character got shot and was hospitalized. Eventually Sam quit but his character remained comatose in the hospital and my character went by to visit him because Sam may have very well saved my life leaving me to feel guilty about it and blah blah blah.

After a couple in game days of waiting to see if he would improve I eventually left to take on the local gym. This brought up another of the frustrating things the GM did. Instead of ruling it that we all fought the gym as a group (which I even found multiple rule sets for him to use for it) he insisted we each take on the gym individually. This meant that all 3 of us had to go through the gym one after another, each of us taking about an hour to complete it, while the other two sat there with our thumbs up our asses. I was against this as it meant that we lost almost an entire session with 2/3rds of the time being spent just waiting your turn. But he didn't agree with me.

Once all that was done he moved on to his next plot points, which involved bringing his old character back as a DMPC and his gf had joined by this point.
>>
>>46592525
His DMPC went to get me at the hospital where I was with Sam's character still grieving and trying to get me to come with. IC I responded with what amounted to 'are we just going to leave him here to die?' and he gave a death stare for not just saying yes and going along with it cause I was trying to roleplay a little. I even said OOC that I would come along, just trying to roleplay some. He still gave an angry look and his DMPC pretty said 'suck it the fuck up, I have shit to do.'

So I went along and we were preparing to move on to our next destination. At this point the DM explained that we had to go down to this town to get this HM so that we could then go to this town and do this, etc. I asked about a town to the NW with only a small lake in the way. He said that we couldn't cross it cause reasons. I tried to point out that a major city with a gym and contest hall would have ferries or even just people with boats willing to take people across for a fee and he just said 'NOPE' and moved on, forcing us down the railroad that he seemed to be building to be just like the vidya but with dice.

At this point I wasn't really feeling welcome anymore as anytime I did anything the DM would look seriously annoyed. Such as at one point I fought a Tentacruel that he stopped the sessions for almost THIRTY minutes to stat out (which he did before every fight by the way because he wasn't willing to stat out some generalist stats to use on the fly for things) and after I fought he just shook his head and in an annoyed tone said 'Well, you fucking knocked it out I guess.'

After that session I quit. Later I found out that the reason his DMPC was there was because his gf didn't trust me/my character and thought I was going to hurt her character or some shit despite never showing violent tendencies towards anyone who didn't attack me first. Or that's what I was told anyway.

End
>>
>>46592212
I think so. If there was one positive about the GM it was his encyclopedic knowledge of Pokemon because he had played all the games, read all the manga, and watched all the seasons.
>>
>>46592568
Are you sure that guy isn't an autist?
>>
>>46592678
If we're talking 4chan definition then he probably is.
>>
>>46592704
Uh, not exactly, but I'm sure you are tright.
>>
>>46587086
Nah, OP, you can live with this at least as long as you'd care to watch the thread. You deserve at least that much.
>>
>>46592980
True. Thankfully for me, I've yet to meet someone as retarded as OP in as dangerous a situation...
>>
>>46592092
Binding of Isaac has a monster- based challenge room and treasure room on every floor, it's also a bit bigger than a cult hit.
>>
File: 1459045951425.jpg (21 KB, 228x561) Image search: [Google]
1459045951425.jpg
21 KB, 228x561
>>46584913
>When I asked the ranger how he knew the guy, he simply said "MTG."

Why am I not surprised?
>>
>>46584956
Have her move away.
>>
So guys I have a question, Do I become THAT GUY if I want to poison our THAT GUY because all he does it ruin the game for everybody and our GM is too much of a bitch because he pities THAT GUY for not having other friends?

No he does not have anything wrong with him just a shitty person. Also Poison as in his char's not him personally.
>>
>>46593770
Have her move away AND get married. Then if he comes after her, he can't take her because she's in love and it was her choice to be there in the first place.
>>
>>46593878
Wanting to poison his character doesn't make you that guy, but actually poisoning his character would. Shit like this just makes people angry, and is only going to make the situation worse, and make you look like a jackass instead.
>>
>>46594107
5 of the 8 players are okay with me driving them off, but don't want to piss off our GM because they fear him. If not poison how would you suggest I get rid of him?

And yes I've had 8 talks with the GM about this guy but he just says 'i'll talk to him' and then nothing changes.
>>
>>46594205
Start searching for the poison. Also leaving his character to die in a bad situation would also help. But, only do this after talking to him.
>>
>>46584590
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_RpbaUU7NI
>>
>>46594205
Remember that you are a group, the GM isn't the leader. If the majority want him to leave, maybe propose a vote. Get everyone involved, don't make it a one on one discussion.
>>
>>46584956
Kill her but work it into his character arc, allow his goal to become avenging her death.
>>
>>46584954
Well . . . We know it cuts dog, so there's that . . . You should leave a product review.
>>
>>46594454
I have and they all talked to me in private about it. Nobody but me is willing to face our GM and the guy.
>>
>>46584590
>and I'm the one whom is most at fault according to the guy because I was the one who brought the sword there.

Who is "the guy" here. The owner of the dog, or the guy who fucked up and cut the dog? Or both?

If the latter, tell him to go fuck himself and don't pay jack.
>>
>>46594550
Do it when everyone's there, get the group to back you. Hold a vote of no confidence, basically.
>>
>>46590292
>M-muh furbabies ;_;

Kill yourself
>>
>>46594612
I've said it before, Nobody will openly challenge the guy or the GM for fear of...wrath? I don't know they are weird.
>>
>>46594533
But it didn't kill it.
It seems like it just usefulls for first blood.
>>46594648
Please take your shitty Katana and fucking kill yourself if you think everyone with a pet is a furfag.
>>
>>46586689
What the fuck is a zany?
>>
>>46585121
He probably think tang means the orange drink.
>>
>>46594799
It sounds like you have a long term problem then. Do you really think killing his character is going to get him to leave the group, because it's probably just going to lead to everyone getting mad, then another few months of his next character passive aggressively trying to kill you. By killing him you're forcing the group to confront this issue, but you're doing it in a way that firmly puts you in the villain position, and makes you look childish. You need to confront the entire group about the issue, that guy included, and try to open a real discussion about the issues you have with him.
>>
That dog was stupid and deserved it for not realizing it was a dangerous situation.

Once i purposely ran over my neighbor's dog with my car just to teach him not to let that fucking retarded beast enter my property without any kind of restraint
>>
I don't have much table top experience, my only one was when I was 15 I asked my dad about it and he ran a 40 min session with my brother. It was the cheesiest shit involving the "suddenly you are here, find these things to go back home" plot.

That being said, the story I'm about to tell is not one of table top, but about Magic.

>be about 17 years old
>one of the people at the "nerd" lunch table is playing this card game I've been seeing around recently.
>none of my friend are there, that day, so I decide to ask him what it is.
>we have a good chat about it, reminds when I used to fool around with Pokemon cards when I was younger, ask him if he can teach me how to play
>he says that he's rather new to it himself, and that I should ask Reece
>I had known Reece since K-5 when I switched schools, I'm almost sure now something is wrong with the guy
>Back in elementary, he would have been the example bully, stole lunch money, devoured treats, always picked on the girls and the skinny kids for no being fit like him ect

cont
>>
File: e0d.jpg (45 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
e0d.jpg
45 KB, 1000x1000
>>46595076
>>
>>46585528
We've SOMETIMES had people that just really didn't enjoy their characters that much anymore, retired them and made new ones, but they never actively sought death yet.
>>
>>46595097
>by the time he was in middle school, however, he had gained enough weight be considered "not cool" enough anymore to be a part of the bully gang, and they had started to ridicule them
>after that, he started hanging out with the "nerds" and "geeks", because he thought they were easily manipulable
>when ever someone picked on the group, he'd have his parents come in and lecture them, apparently his dad ACTUALLY was a lawyer and his mother spoiled him rotten
>despite being a complete ass, he actually had made it more socially acceptable to an extent to be a part of that side, we were untouchable.
>It didn't make the sinking feeling something bad was about to happen if he taught me go away

cont
>>
>>46585387
>Sorry, you can't be a tiefling
Fine if it's a homebrew setting
>This? well, this is my DMPC, so he can be a neko-kitsune tiefling superpaladin, what's superpaladin? his special homebrewed class, sorry, you can't be superpaladin either
Is it literally just a DMPC, or is it a "DMPC" with all the negative connotations that /tg/ associates with the term? Giving an NPC overpowered homebrew levels is fine if it's DM'd right, of course it can be abused but so can everything when it comes to DMing.
>No, you can't totem barbarian either, that's furry
Okay, that's bullshit, ESPECIALLY if his superpaladin is a neko-kistune
>>
>>46595237
Post faster, faggot
>>
>>46595237
>when I asked him to teach me about magic, he said that he'd lend me his cards to practice against him only if I didn't steal them or get them dirty
>ok with me
>despite there being maybe only one local seller of magic at the time, he had cards stacked up like rolls of cash
>after explaining the rules of what this and that ment, he wanted to play a match against me
>barely knew any of the rules, but practice mad perfect
>he proceeded to start taking out multiple highly decorated rare cards from his stacks and placing them into his deck, and left me with the "starter" deck his parents had gotten him.
>the thing he overlooked, however, was how much energy these cards costed and how little he had put in the deck
>he was unable to attack for most of the round, so the match went smoothly for me
>>
>playing wh40k at flgs
>guy walks in wanting to play, I am the only 40k player currently there
>I start to pull out my tyranids, notice he has started pulling out tyranids as well, only difference is that i have big models, and he has a tupperware box filled to burst with tiny models.
>so I change my mind.
>pull out my ork army instead, 1500 points of burnas, scorchas, combi burnas, and more templates than Microsoft word.
>skip forward an hour of us setting up, doing terrain and stuff.
>turn one, "my ymgarl genestealers come out of that terrain and charge your warboss"
>yu wot m8?
>queue overwatch flamers and shootas, mincing the squad within seconds.
>nuclear rage detected...
>guy gets annoyed but let's it go. Next time don't charge a warboss surrounded by flamers and guns.
>spends 10 minutes moving his 9 billion models.
>skip forward a few boring movements and turns of missing shots and preparing to charge.
>my turn arrives, trukk brigade finally in range and the trukks screech towards his front line, 25 burnas blasting his front line to pieces
>realize I have become THAT GUY
>his face nearly explodes from anger
>his face does explode when he realizes none of my orks have choppas, only more shootas.
>I metaphorically drop a bucket of dice onto the table. Turn a single squad of gaunts into lead paste.
>packs up, leaves, pissed off

realize I should buy another MTG pack today.
>>
>>46595411
>you could hear his teeth grinding and after sulking a bit, refused to let me practice any more because I was being "unfair"
>over the weekend I used some of my money I earned at the school coffee shop to by myself some cards and decks, generally only having a faint idea because our family wasnt too good with technology at the time to look stuff up
>soon a lot of the people at school were hooked on it, and eventually I had started teaching other people how to play as well
>Reece's parent's could buy him cards, but they couldn't buy him smarts
>this of course didnt set well with Reece, but Reece did have an idea
>He would start a Magic club

cont
>>
>>46595531
Since when template weapons can overwatch?
>>
>>46595634
Flamers get D3 auto hits during overwatch
>>
>>46595554
>naturally, people were lining up to join, in days reaching almost as much members as the other popular clubs back then (Book club, Biking club, Movie club, ect)
>After a bought a week or so after everyone settled in, Reece hatched his plan
>He announced there would be a tournament next week, and whoever won would get a 20$ cash prize and a ticket to see the newest movie in the theaters at the time
>a week later, it was set into action
>I had made a gaming buddy then, his name was Chris I believe
>about ten times better at Magic than I was, but we were both unaware what was about to happen
>suddenly, Reece announced that the tournament had to be canceled, and said he'd got permission from the teachers to start it again tomorrow

cont
>>
>>46595719
>at the time, most of us carried our cards in our backpacks, but we had started getting used to leaving them at club, a stupid idea
>the next day when we came back, all the cards were gone
>every last case had been taken, it was bedlam
>Reece got everyone to settle down, and started saying how whoever took it would be punished ect ect
>For the next hour, the witch hunt began
>every student, including myself had to pry open our lockers and prove we didnt steal it
>some students had extra cards they left in their lockers, they got very bad looks from the rest and plenty of accusations as it went on
>every single locker had been searched, and Tim (I think his name was) was almost in tears when they had found he had a large amount of cases in his lockers, some obviously stolen
>but something didn't add up, there wasn't enough
>I asked Reece about his locker, and immediately, he started bellowing at the top of his lungs we had already found the culprit, yet some cards were still missing

cont
>>
>>46595854
>most students accepted their losses, and Reece offered to sell them some of the cards they lost for half the price
>Tim was kicked out and ultimately never tried to complain on fear of being suspended
>but Chris was still suspicious, and despite me telling him Reece was probably right, he insisted on looking in his locker
>After school one day, I got a phone call, he had done it.
>inside Reece's locker was all of the missing cards, including mine.
>we started going door to door, handing most back, telling people what we found, despite 2 or 3 people's card packs still being gone
>but the next day, after 3rd period, I got called up to the office

cont
>>
>>46584984
I'm glad you're happy, but you're still a grade A dipshit
>>
>>46595076
good on you man. I'm sure that dog learned his lesson. you sure showed him.
faggot
>>
>>46595956
>Reece and his parents were there, as well as Chris
>Reece had said that Chris had stolen all of his cards, and that he had it on the security camera footage
>despite telling the story from our side, we had not convinced the principle
>Chris was almost expelled because of Reece's parents, but he made it by just barely
>I had to do community service, and not only give Reece all the cards he had stolen back, but also under his parent's incistance, use some of my money to buy him a new deck for every deck I couldnt get back
>most of them were ok, but slightly bummed out giving the cards back, but a few understandably had too valuable collections to give up, so I had to spend about 2 months worth of cash repaying Reece
>that year they moved out (Mom got a new job) and all cards and such tradable games were banned, meaning the Pokemon club and other gaming clubs were shut down for Chris to blame.

I've never seen Reece since, but I think that was my first and hopefully last encounter with "that guy"
>>
>>46596128
Underwhelming finale
>>
>>46595531
>more templates than microsoft word
kek
>>
>>46596128
Fuck Reece.
>>
>No, dog, YOU are That Guy
>>
File: zanni info.jpg (86 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
zanni info.jpg
86 KB, 960x720
>>46595006
An English corruption of the Commedia dell'arte stock character Zanni, with the name later coming to mean "impulsive and absurd in a comic nature".

>>46595033
Shit. I havent had some in years.

>>46595076
3edgy5me
>>
>>46596128
I also went to school with a kid named Reece. He was also a piece of shit that was too much of an ass to be a nerd and too pathetic to be a bully. He never stole shit though, unless you count all of the "jokes" he stole from /b/.
I was one of the only people that would stick up for him, because I was one of the only people that understood /b/ culture, and knew that he didn't actually want to eat babies or whatever he was saying that week.
>>
>>46594533
>We know it cuts dog, so there's that
>cuts dog

All of a sudden they start getting large orders from China
>>
>>46598147
Korea dude. They eat dogs in Korea.
>>
File: 2016-03-14-19-48-08.png (17 KB, 78x137) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-14-19-48-08.png
17 KB, 78x137
>>46586224
On here it's just the (You) that's gets people.

Also why so dense?
>>
>>46598315
And China. Fucking Asians are horrid people.
>>
>>46584956
Have the girl hang out with the party.
But make her a homosexual (if the player is male). Have her say she's more interested in [female party member] or simply seeing what adventuring is life and maybe finding a waifu for laifu.
>>
>>46596128

Damn, I was rooting for you to win that one. Sorry, senpai.
>>
>>46599759
Cuck fetishist pls go
>>
>>46600029

Be nice to Sweden. Tabletop is the only hobby his wife's lover permits him.
>>
>>46584824

You're one of those dickbags that would be fine with a human being getting wounded, but flips his shit if it's an animal, aren't you?
>>
Hey, /tg/, I'm always worried I'm That Guy because my characters are usually pretty goofy. Based on a description, tell me if I'm That Guy or not

>try to put comedic flair on pretty much everything
>hard time doing character voices
>first character was a half-orc barbarian that was 9 foot 11 inches tall, racist, and had an inferiority complex
>would frequently ask NPCs their height, and if they were taller, get mad and frustrated
>committed a hate crime against a mountain dwarf PC (parents killed by mountain dwarves; smashed his hand and pissed on PC)
>second character was a Mr.miyagi type necromancer that started at level 2 when the rest of the party was level 5
>main motivation was to mentor heroes and give them a second chance as his thralls should they die
>calls heroes his "disciples" but is rather creepy around them
>made a bond villain entrance (back turned, spin to shoe face) when being introduced to the party for the first time

Are my characters as unique as I think or are they the type of special snowflake that you avoid?
>>
>>46600311
>tell me if I'm That Guy or not
>>try to put comedic flair on pretty much everything
yes

everything after that only builds on it m8
>>
>>46600305
A teenager or above is fucking able to know what is bad for you or not. An animals retarded. So I care more about Kids and animals.
>>
>>46588516
I can totally understand your logic here, but you're heading in the wrong direction. If they need laws to stop them from hurting themselves, then they shouldn't really exist to begin with. Just legalize everything. Let the population die out as they pour water into acid or slowly die from aggravated wounds inflicted by 17-year-olds who can buy butter knives for the first time. Ironic deaths are the most potent form of entertainment known to man.
>>
>>46600311
I can't tell just from that description. Are your group mates having fun as much as you are or do you feel like you and your antics are just slowing down progression? Side tracks aren't bad as long as everyone is having fun, but if there's too much it just becomes tedious.

Every group is different, most guys become That Guy by the way they also act out of character.
>>
>>46600413

That doesn't even make any sense. By that logic you should care the most of all about the dumbest of all animals out there like limpets and coral.
>>
>>46600488
Poor fucks, We're destroying them.
>>
>>46600311
>>try to put comedic flair on pretty much everything

That Guy.

>>would frequently ask NPCs their height, and if they were taller, get mad and frustrated

That Guy

If I was in your group I'd smile politely and insincerely at your shit jokes while internally wishing that you'd go away.
>>
File: gondola night.png (8 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
gondola night.png
8 KB, 640x480
>>46590288
>>46587771
This is gold.
>>
>>46595097
I had an elementary school bully named "Reece" too. If only I had realized back then that Reece isn't a real name and taunted him mercilessly for it. If only I had the balls to taunt anyone mercilessly for anything.
>>
>>46584954
Chances are the vendor is laughing about taking yer money right now.

If ya want to test it, see if the edge will cut paper. In future, though, remember that all steel is ''carbon steel'' and what you should be looking for is denotation like ''1070 steel'' or ''spring steel'' even. Beyond that, ask to test the edge before ya buy it if yer buying in person and check to see that the handle is up to snuff.

Ideally you want a full tang handle thats well secured with no play in the hilt, a wrap that gives you a good grip and ideally it should be somewhat oval to aid in edge alignment.
>>
>>46585519
>marmite muncher
If you're going to slur someone based on where they come from at least be accurate.
>>
>>46602492
Vegemite muncher doesn't have any alliteration though
>>
>>46585150
What would one suggest for HEMA practice?
>>
>>46602595
Unfortunately I know little about Hema but Skallagrim on youtube does a bunch of weapon reviews and such so that may be of use to you.
>>
>>46586286
>Kid jumped into blade after space had been cleared and bottles had already been smashed.
>Kid is dumb and gets hit.
>Don't get me wrong, OP is also clearly a moron, but the kid was stupid too... And all things considered, I feel comfortable holding this group to the same level of accountability as a dumb little child.
>>
>>46591521
>>46591542
I feel like I've read this part of the story before, right down to the Psychic that likes Poisons and there's a fight between the Poisons and the Steels for territory which some anon called bullshit on because type-immunity when the Gym Leader shows up and helps them out, yadda yadda then the Psychic gets the Bronzong boss in spite of having the largest team already.

Was this module'd or something, this is uncanny to the point of freaking me out
>>
>>46601564
"Spring steel" while a proper term, is becoming the new "Carbon Steel" buzzword.

If it doesn't have an alloy number, its a decorator sword.

>>46602595
A hardwood or polypropheline waster. Rawling stynthetics are awesome, and have many different colors and hilt/handle/pommel/blad combos to replicate many styles of weapon. Hardwood pieces should only ever be bought from actual waster makers, like Purple Heart Armoury, as the cheap ones tend to crack and warp.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.