[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wood elves
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 201
Thread images: 34
Am i the only one who tends to think wood elves would probably be nudists?
>>
>>46578355
No
>>
>>46578380
At most, i think they might wear some furs during the winter. Actually, are wood elves vegetarians?
>>
>>
I thought they would wear more? I know they're "one with nature" and shit, but if they got all that unblemished skin they would probably wear plenty of protective gear most of the time and only go nude on the rare occasions.

>You are now imagining wood elves wearing camo and a tactical vest with sling for bow on the back and pouches for different type of arrows on the side.
>>
>>46578451
>Actually, are wood elves vegetarians?
It's kind of a cliche to make them vegetarians. I prefer to gently borrow from TES and make them cannibals who eat their fallen foes as a sign of respect, and will eat nothing but fruit and meat because eating veggies and grain harms the sacred plants.
>>
>>46578451

Given they'd need dense protein foods for human-level intelligence and muscle growth, I'd say it's a safe bet that any sufficiently humanoid creature is omnivorous and eats meat when it gets the chance either through opportunistic or predatory means. Even vegetarian creatures have been known to eat corpses and chew bones for protein and calcium.

>>46578536

I agree with this. You dress for the occasion, and that means protective gear and leather, if they haven't been able to harvest wool, cotton, or silk at all.
>>
Nope, I imagine them wearing intricately woven clothing with floral and animal designs. Leather and bone in accessories, heavy furs for cold months. I mean the clothes still show off skin, because elves revel in their beauty, but they don't travel around in the nude, unless at a party, which they probably have some kind of floral or laurel crown, or if feeling bold the head of a beast.
>>
>>46578355
Would sort of depend on the forest, I would think; rainforests be hot, yo.

IE depends on the setting.
>>
File: Aztec Elf.jpg (231 KB, 750x1200) Image search: [Google]
Aztec Elf.jpg
231 KB, 750x1200
>>46578681
Oh man, I would be totally down for mesoamerican inspired jungle elves.
>>
File: cca92c9375b2df0525451502b478c041.jpg (976 KB, 1373x1925) Image search: [Google]
cca92c9375b2df0525451502b478c041.jpg
976 KB, 1373x1925
>>46578536
>unblemished skin
I admit, i never thought of wood elves as having unblemished skin. I would think that, while still beautiful, have a bunch of little imperfections on them that the high elves tend to cover up with make up and magic. Not to mention callouses on their hands from years of practicing with their bow. Although the idea of a wood elf in camo does things to me.
>>46578576
I sorta liked the dragonlance explanation.
Where eating meat is totally acceptable, as long as you are not overharvesting or doing it cruely. After all, its not like predators stop to think about the poor bunny rabit.
>>
>>46578725
>Inb4 "Macuahuitl are underpowered in D20"
>>
>>46578800
I like Wood Elves as Elves, that live in small hidden villages in nature. They're not cannibals, or primitive. They just live in nature. They hunt, gather, and garden for food. Their magic is focused around nature as opposed to High Elves with more arcane magic. They're also either tanned or brown skinned.
>>
>>46578725
She is pretty, but if i saw her randomly coming out of the forest, i would already be firing muh rifle.
>>
>>46578884
I admit, i never though of wood elves as having dark skin, but it makes a certain kind of sense. It would stand out far less than the milky white of a high elf.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (325 KB, 959x1024) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
325 KB, 959x1024
>>46578964
High elves are Whitey McHonkeyson because they literally never get any sunlight; they use big glowy trees / the shiniest rocks imaginable as light sources.
>>
>>
>>
>>46578451
>Actually, are wood elves vegetarians?
I've considered making elves outright herbivores. As in, capable of eating leaves and sticks and plant matter, but incapable of consuming meat.

Being vegetarians wouldn't really make that much sense, outside the "eats only fruits from trees" idea. I mean, they are practiced in bow use. Bows are for shooting things.

>>46578355
>Am i the only one who tends to think wood elves would probably be nudists?
No. The only reason they would be nudists is if they live in the tropics (where heat is always present and clothing not needed for protection) or are outright immune to cold. With any other ideas, the obvious question of "How do you survive the winter?" because a clear question to ask.
>>
>>46580940
Every go through thick brush guys? Its rough and can scratch the hell outta yea. Thats not counting all the poisonous plants from something mundane like poison oak/ivy to something dangerous like absorbing hemlock oils through your skin.

Some protection from the environment is needed unless they are immune to most things in the forest
>>
File: elvish weakness to ice.gif (2 MB, 500x277) Image search: [Google]
elvish weakness to ice.gif
2 MB, 500x277
>>46578355
>Does it make sense for them to be?
It might, depending on a large number of factors, but it all boils down to the setting.
>Should I implement this into my game?
Definitely not.
>>
File: drow.jpg (72 KB, 449x606) Image search: [Google]
drow.jpg
72 KB, 449x606
>>46578725
Go play Ebberon.
>>
>>46581430
Jungle elves being resistant to poison makes an odd kind of intuitive sense to me so, sure.
>>
>>46579043
>they literally never get any sunlight
>they use big glowy trees
But the sun was made from the fruit of one of those trees!
>>
>>46578536
Woods elves in D&D are /fit/ humanoids with a bronze tan.

They mainly rely on hunting, animal husbandry and fruit foraging for food.

Basically make them " elven cowboys " the race.
>>
>>46578451
In my campaigns, wood elves being vegetarian is a common misconception. It is true that most humans have never seen an elf consume meat, but this is because elves only consume wild game. For reasons which are ill understood, they cannot stomach the taste of domesticated livestock.
>>
>>46578819
They'd be underpowered in real life, too, compared to later weapons. I don't see a problem here.
>>
>>46581867
I actually like the idea that Elves have to hunt for meat like that. It explains the widespread skill with archery.
>>
I prefer elves to be inscrutable Fae-like and not boring Vegans.
>>
I know this thread was started just for the sake of lewds, but...

Nah. Going out naked feels fine when all you do is sunbath, but wood elves are usually these tough huntin'/scoutin'/trappin survivalist types. Would be quite awful to do anything of that naked, unless they have, like, trollish skin and we all know that you wouldn't be able to fap to that - just running through a forest barefoot is literal hell, and that's before we remember all the branches grazing, sticky sap, leaves that are dangerous to touch, spiderwebs, ticks, et cetera.
>>
>>46582091
They're pretty fucking brutal against unarmored opponents. Obsidian is very hard and takes an insanely sharp edge, so they'd be effective against cloth armor (which is actually as good as mail against swords and much better against maces). They'll explode on mail or plate, though.
>>
>>46583863

It really depends on where they live. Andaman islanders have been running around naked for 40,000 years. If they're living in some boreal fir forest then they better have superhuman durability to go around naked not that there's anything wrong with that
>>
>>46578536
Real life jungle people wear next to nothing and they're fine.
Then again if we're talking about less warm climate they probably would wear some clothes.
But not some leafy hazmats as you'd imply. Regular clothing, maybe one that allows for ease of movement more than cityfolk fashion, would be fine.
>>
>>46578536
>amazons
>native americans
>most hunting/wild tribes

all nude.
>>
>>46578451
They're carnivores that worship plants and zealously attack and eat anything that damages them, including other sapients.
>>
>>46578355
It gets fucking cold in the winter, unless they're hairy as shit, it's unlikely.
>>
File: toughelf.jpg (240 KB, 654x902) Image search: [Google]
toughelf.jpg
240 KB, 654x902
>>46578355
probably not, but it's silly. Wood elves are shown to inhabit temperate forests which get cold in winter, and moving through foliage without protection would probably be bad to their tender skin.
>>
knoife-ears are nice, always.
>>
how do elves think of virginity?
>>
are wood elves sluts?
>>
how big do you think the average wood elf privates are?
>>
File: Vign_19laj4ji_ws59822071.jpg (145 KB, 550x804) Image search: [Google]
Vign_19laj4ji_ws59822071.jpg
145 KB, 550x804
>>46584655
bigger version for ya
>>
>>46584288
Those would be more like half-naked usually.
>>
File: 1448987035454.jpg (69 KB, 319x247) Image search: [Google]
1448987035454.jpg
69 KB, 319x247
>>46578355
Why not? It's not like we don't have real life tribes that run around naked.

>>46584847
I like to imagine that the more "savage" tribes are unable to maintain a high level civilized society due to being a matriarchal society with an incredible shortage of men that forces them to go on literal manhunts, during which they either take a man home or just his seed. You're not considered a real woman until you've been impregnated.
>>
>>46585234
Actually, I don't think there's any tribe that runs around fully naked. Amazon tibes for example seem to all have some kind of clothing they use. Breasts and sometimes even genitals might not be covered by clothing though, but naked would imply no clothing at all.
>>
File: fetishit_thread_OP.jpg (63 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
fetishit_thread_OP.jpg
63 KB, 800x800
>>46578355
Oh hey, another thinly /d/isguised shit thread.

kys pls
>>
elf nudist, wat to do?
>>
>>46586212
unarmored combat
>>
File: AUrTvGwl[2].png (102 KB, 321x326) Image search: [Google]
AUrTvGwl[2].png
102 KB, 321x326
>>46586212
>>46586287
>When a tribal elf is insulted, she demands restoration of her honor through ritual wrestling
>Looking at her a little too long, as a human would do when unexpectedly encountering a naked individual, is an insult
>Usually nobody dies, the two parties wrestle until submission
>The victor is allowed to demand certain services depending on how grave the offense was
>These can range from an hour of forced labor to downright ownership of the losing party
>>
File: 1445461088199.png (21 KB, 93x189) Image search: [Google]
1445461088199.png
21 KB, 93x189
>>46586359
>lewd greentext story about lewd elves
>just like in my Silmarillions
can't you not just die already?
>>
>>46584012

It's basically a club covered in sharpened shards of glass.

On topic, sure. Wood elves would naturally have tough, leathery skin designed to let them navigate tangles of thorns, climb through branches and such.

Because of this, most wood elf clothing is actually made from treated wood elf skin. Durable, waterproof and long lasting. If the forests are dangerous enough, there would even be a surplus that could be sold to outsiders in exchange for rare foods, musical instruments and other luxuries.
>>
>>46578661

>Realism
>Elves
Pick one. Shit tier settings have fantastical races function as slightly different humans.

>>46578355
>>46578536
>>46578576

Best wood elves do what >>46578666 said. Clothes woven out of leaves, animal parts and bone, simple and primal yet beautiful and functional. Bonus points if they share ancient forests with giant predators, are extremely brutal and savage by the standards of humans, don't explain shit to other races and have feylike appearance with horns and weird eyes and animal teeth.
>>
>>46586494

The idea of Bosmer from The Elder Scrolls interests me but I never played as one.
>>
>>46578355
Wood-elves are meant to be fit huntsmen and warriors.

Imagine park rangers with a ski-tan and make them elves.
>>
Why does /tg/ have such a love/hate relationship with elves?
>>
>>46586725
Its a one big inside joke involving parallels with minority groups.
>>
>>46586412

The elves don't exactly keep this stuff a secret from outsiders, they just chalk up the "our dear sister transcended their mortal form and left us this gift" to good old fashioned Elf Bullshit(TM).

Aside from that they're all pretty chill with outsiders. Living in a fucked up murder forest where you have to fight giant spiders to recover the corpses of your family so you can skin them kind of just numbs you to everything else.
>>
>>46586756
Which minority group are the elves supposed to be?
>>
>>46586917
Whites.
>>
>>46578885

By that point it is too late my friend, as her pack mates are sneaking up behind you.
>>
>>46581430
>Some protection from the environment is needed unless they are immune to most things in the forest
This would actually make a great deal of sense to me. At least for wood elves, the forest loves them so much, it doesnt hurt them. Thorns no longer prick, poison plants no longer give rashes or hives, sap just comes out of trees when they want syrup, stuff like that.
>>
>>46584908
On the very small side.
>>
>>46586494
>Clothes woven out of leaves, animal parts and bone, simple and primal yet beautiful and functional. Bonus points if they share ancient forests with giant predators, are extremely brutal and savage by the standards of humans, don't explain shit to other races and have feylike appearance with horns and weird eyes and animal teeth.

Not even brutal or savage as that belies primitiveness. They aren't primitive, they just live in and among nature, apart from High Elven communities. I don't see their clothing being very simple at all. I'm thinking incredibly intricate designs that come from very skilled hands.
>>
>>46578355
I imagine they wear enough to be comfortable in their environment or whatever helps them do their jobs for the community.
>>
>>46581555
Came here to post this. Check out the continent Xen'Drik, it is pretty much what you described. But the elves are drow.
>>
File: Ssh.jpg (894 KB, 800x1133) Image search: [Google]
Ssh.jpg
894 KB, 800x1133
>>46586667
If you do, be sure to make a stealth archer.
>>
>>46578355
It depends on the enviroment, I'd think.
>>
>>46589103

I prefer them predatorial and encompassing primordial forces, though not simple. But forest-dwelling pointy-eared humans thing is so fucking boring and overdone. I like strange and dangerous, inhuman creatures more.
>>
>>46590504

I always make stealth archers, though they also take a healthy amount of stabbing and illusion along with it.

Straight Nightingale, really.
>>
>>46578725
Rapey Spanish Orcs.
>>
>>46590683
>I prefer them predatorial and encompassing primordial forces, though not simple. But forest-dwelling pointy-eared humans thing is so fucking boring and overdone. I like strange and dangerous, inhuman creatures more.

I disagree. They're Elves, just of the Wood. Dangerous inhuman creatures belong as monsters and beasts. Likely the Fey itself, not Elves.
>>
File: 1415590784908.png (78 KB, 517x323) Image search: [Google]
1415590784908.png
78 KB, 517x323
>>46590818
>wanting more elves that are just humans with pointy ears
>>
>>46590818

>Just Elves

Come on, mate.
>>
>>46590874
>wanting more humans that just have a different skin color
Two can play at this game.
>>
>>46590874
>>46590903

>Humans with pointed ears.

I didn't know humans could see in the dark, have an inherent magic, and don't sleep?
>>
>>46590995

If those are the only differentiating traits of your Elves, they are shit tier.
>>
>>46591007
Nah, you just can't extrapolate on details.

If they don't sleep, they won't have beds. Carpets and cushions would be common, with tables low to the floor. Meditation would happen when needed, so elven settlements are always "awake".Activity is always happening, the village lit by a constant twilight.

To have an inherent magic, their settlements carry all traces of it, permeated with it. Enchanted garden, floating glowing orbs lighting the villages. Trees shaped into supports and homes. Protective elven script and symbols made into the buildings, clothing, and furniture. Even what would normally be mundane anywhere else, is suffused with magic.
>>
>>46591189

>Boring Standard Fantasy Elf template #40053

Ok.
>>
>>46591454
>Boring Standard Fantasy Elf template #40053

You really are quite unimaginative aren't you?
>>
>>46591535

It's your Elves you described as the stereotypical Elves you see in every generic fantasy setting.
>>
>>46591634
>It's your Elves you described as the stereotypical Elves you see in every generic fantasy setting.

Again, I disagree, as instead of depicting them as humans with ears, they're a strange people apart of the world.
>>
>>46578355
I generally dont go for nudist because A) too magical realm seeming and B) its very much impractical

I mean, unless you want to give them an animals fur but then the fact of them being nude hardly seems relevant

>>46578451
No. They are omnivores by nature and a species that strives to be in touch with nature would not deny this.
>>
>>46591535
Not taking sides here but the way you described your elves is very much the ''go to'' version in fantasy.

Also sound more like High Elves than Wood Elves desu. Wood elves usually arent as good with magic and more practical so Id generally imagine them to avoid using magical lights when they can as easily rely on their ability to see in the dark.

Even if they did have torches for nights that are pitch black, why rely on magic for it when you could as easily just have a central bonfire thats tended carefully to prevent wildfires. Itd be a natural meeting point and should provide enough light for the dark vision to let them see within the confines of the village
>>
>>46592192
>Wood elves usually arent as good with magic

They don't have the basic understanding of magic like all High Elves do, but their wiser in the ways of faith, nature, and druidism.

The elfin ability to see in the dark is like black and white, with colour in low-light. Hence why the village is constantly lit by a twilight. If not glowing orbs, a fairy light works too. Fires leave smoke which can betray their hidden realms.
>>
>>46592320
Dont get me wrong, I know theres a logic to what you're saying but you do have to admit it sounds very much like the standard High Elf stuff.

Its something youd need to go into more detail to to really demonstrate the difference between the 2, though knowing what your high elves are like would help with the distinction Im sure.
>>
>>46586954
Underrated post.
>>
>>46592418
Well High Elves live in things like communal villas or mansions, no real cities to speak of anymore. A great deal of Greek overtones. Artists, philosophers, a fuck load of magic going on, music in the air, tons of skin and beautiful people, but also an undercurrent of conflict and competition. No sign of the wildness of Wood Elves at all. They too also hunt and garden, but it's that of civilization, not the wild. Their settlements are also always awake, and they too have similar furnishings, but of completely different style and design. There's always someone doing something or someone else, as elves easily suffer from ennui. Unlike Wood Elves, you'll find it difficult to fit in without some sort of magical talent. Most mundane things like cleaning is done by magic, games using magic are played among youths, and those who claim themselves warriors and protectors are bolstered by it. The tradition of bards and their magic is rumoured to have begun with the High Elves.
>>
>>46578451
since they dont farm that would that would be dumb.

they couldn't survive on just gathering and not hunting.

then again they are manlets. maybe they dont need alot of nutricion
>>
I dont remember the series, but their was a book that had wood elves who basically sung trees into certain shapes to provide for their needs without killing them.
>need a bed
>sing to the tree/give some magic to help it change
>soon you have living tree bed
They did this for a lot of stuff. Like they could sorta fuse with the tree if they needed to hide from the enemy.
They came across as close to wood spirits, compared to the setting's high elves who had cities like humans.
>>
>>46593794
This sounds just like that Tree Singer PF racial archetype for Druids. Except I don't think they actually got anything mechanically to do those sorts of things. Is there some spell somewhere that allows shaping vegetation?
>>
I've always wanted to do something with the idea of an alien race or culture being nudists but I can't see anyway it isn't just going to come off as magical realm.
>>
>>46597987
exoskeletal race, no reason to where clothes, they are already protected from the elements
>>
I'm more a fan of Wood Elves being in tune with nature without being Primitives. They have just as much access to technology as anyone else but they are very careful to make sure they are giving back just as much as they are taking out, which makes some people mistake them for primitive. Like those cities these days that go Carbon Neutral, just starting a lot longer ago in history.

But that's in part me wanting to see some Druidic/Shamanistic societies that are not primitive in fiction.
>>
>>46598219
The thing is, consumption if resources is really necessary to build society. They always will be primitive if they hold the "dont take more than the enviorment can sustain" mentality.
Carbon neutral can only really be a thing because we have advamced technology to such a level that we can use minimal resources, and even then it is much more effective to just drill until you hit bottom
>>
>>46599846
Magic.
>>
>>46590874
Tolkienesque elves were made because Tolkien was sick of all elves being le ebin edgy fair folk. Then again, they weren't really humans with pointy ears like imitations tend to be.
>>
>>46598219
So, just being more self-sustained and using natural, renewable resources?

Sounds primitive to me. Or just hippies.
>>
>>46584908
For my fetish they are all small dicked bisexual femboys

And logically i always see elves as quite chaste, and slightly shorter than the average human. Basically fantasy asians. Meaning slightly smaller than humans
>>
>>46586386
I liked it
>>
>>46578451
I've always thought of wood elves as being nomadic hunter-gatherers rather than hippie tree hugging vegans although that's cool too I guess.

On topic, I've never thought of them as being nudists. I imagine they'd go nude during special ceremonies or in the company and comfort of the rest of the tribe, but going out foraging or hunting without some sort of clothing or armor would be retardedly stupid - even if Wood Elves have magic, they can't always depend on having a spell to cover their ass.
>>
>>46601706
>And logically i always see elves as quite chaste

That would explain the low birthrates.
>>
>>46601706
>And logically i always see elves as quite chaste

Mythologically elves aren't very chaste at all. How did you come to this conclusion?
>>
>>46603583
Yeah well mythologically elves are supposed to make shoes for you if you leave a bowl of milk out at night.
OH
FUCKING
WELL
>>
>>46603640
I mean, have you ever tested that with fantasy elves?
>>
>>46603640
Are you completely sure they don't do that in other settings? Maybe the reason it isn't mentioned is because it's a compulsion on their part (like vampires counting grains of sand) but it hurts their pride when they actually have to do it, so it's not mentioned in public and mostly outlawed?
>>
>>46603731
>have you ever tested that with fantasy elves
>>
>>46603640
Don't be like that.

Mythologically they're really attractive beings that seduce and even abduct beautiful people, some even being total rapists. They represent sexual threat.
>>
File: 1386056446114.jpg (194 KB, 858x932) Image search: [Google]
1386056446114.jpg
194 KB, 858x932
>>46578536
Actually I'm just now imagining all wood elves as paranoid /k/ommandos.

>"The government's trying to raise taxes on arrow sales!"
>"Fuck! Time to grab our recurve compound bows and go inna woods!"
>"WE'RE ALREADY INNA WOODS!"

>>46581760
Cowboy elves would be pretty cool though.

>Spinning their bows like pistol twirling
>>
>>46603779
we have multiple designs for elves, from the Brothers Grimm's industrious but mischievous elves, from the Nordic give-you-diseases and rape-you Alfar, to the Midsummer Night's dream's Fair folk. As with all mythological creatures, you shouldn't be to snooty about the interpretation.
>>
>>46603772
In roleplaying scenarios, if that somehow wasn't clear. I suppose not reading that into it makes me look genuinely deranged rather than like a person making a poor joke, doesn't it.
>>
>>46603829
>WE NEED TO GO DEEPER!
Woods-ception
>>
>>46603895
This is all beside the point.

I want to know how you came to the conclusion that elves seem like they would be chaste.
>>
>>46578355
>Brambles
>Thickets of thorny plants
>Less clothing
Have you ever even walked in a goddamn forest?
>>
File: fantasy creatures are a fantasy.jpg (170 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
fantasy creatures are a fantasy.jpg
170 KB, 1500x1500
>>46603955
I'm not that guy that came to that conclusion, basing any logical conclusion on depiction of fantasy creatures is straight looney. See image for what a dragon might look like.
>>
>>46591929
>I mean, unless you want to give them an animals fur but then the fact of them being nude hardly seems relevant

What if as an adaptation to temperate environments with drastically changing weather throughout the year, elves grow thick coats of fur in the winter and shed it all of to be totally skin-nude in the summer?

Then they'd be nude all the time and still be okay in the cold seasons because they'd be abominable snow men.
>>
>>46578355
If they were, they should also be hairy like fauns.
>>
>>46578451
I like the Song of Swords thing where they can't eat any animal that doesn't speak, so they're mostly vegetarians but they also eat humans (and a few species of bird).
>>
>>46583485
Why not both?
>>
>>46584288
>not always naked
>not naked
>wide variety of dress
Try again.
>>
>>46585234
Similar to how in some cultures you're not a real woman until circumcised?
>>
>>46590818
>Likely the Fey itself, not Elves.
What do you think elves are?
>>
>>46590995
You should check out European mythology, especially the Irish and Norse. All different tribes have their own set of inherent magical features like that.
>>
>>46592418
>theres
there's
>Its
It's
>youd
you'd
>2
two
>Im
I'm

Your word organization and vocabulary is on point though. Pretty good if you don't write in English often.
>>
>>46603640
We're talking about the Ælfar, the fact that they share an English name with the kind you're talking about doesn't make you clever.
>>
>>46604514
>Elves and bigfoot are the same race
I am totally fucking using this
>>
>>46578355
Nothing says racial wepon skill like having to carry everything, or deal with atrocious chafing.

in general, no, they aren't nudists. But feel free to insert the for your setting or magical realm.
Assuming we a re going with wood elf = wild elf, they still need camouflage... Which does not fix to exposed skin well. Then again, perhaps they use magic. Then again, they could use magic for everything and why be in a weak Humanoid form when there are better forms to use.

Hot weather jungle elves, possibly, but otherwise, it's not the norm in any fiction, legendry, or setting in print.
>>
>>46578355
I guess I'am just going to say the typical or common things affiliated with Wood Elves:

-Total fan bois and fan girls of trees and leaves
-Love for animals
-stealth archers
-Worship God and Goddesses of Natural Growth and Decay
-And maybe are yanderes to their human lovers
>>
>>46605580
They have Fey ancestry, but aren't Fey themselves. They're descended from it.
>>
File: 1409860610078.gif (81 KB, 550x400) Image search: [Google]
1409860610078.gif
81 KB, 550x400
>>46605648

>Why yes I am a mythology elitist
>>
File: 1459437915370.gif (922 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1459437915370.gif
922 KB, 400x225
>>46590786
Conquering snobbish Spaniard orcs, who look down upon "savage" wood elves, while stealing their qt womenfolk, stolen post haste for my campaign.

tfw [spoilers] it's not rape if it's an elf [/spoilers]
>>
>>46587346

clever girl.
>>
>>46606394
O my, how lewd.
>>
>>46606394
If this makes me horny am i a bad person?
>>
>>46578355
Maybe they want to keep twigs out of their more sensitive orifices.

Plus without lots of hair they would be getting cold.
>>
>>46578576
Its kind of stupid to make them vegetarians, just because they are 'closer to nature' doesn't mean they wouldn't eat animals, nature has animals eat animals all the time.
>>
>>46603058
>>46603583
>>
An entire society based around nudism is fucking dumb, nudism is the opposite of practical. The only time it arises is as an expression of nobility in certain cultures or as a political movement among people with too much time on their hands.
>>
>>46608372
> political movement among people with too much time on their hands.
Well we are talking about Elves.
>>
>>46608372
I dont know an entire society, but i sorta like ops idea. I would think nudism as much as possible (in their communities, homes, religious ceremonies) but wearing clothes when practical
>>
>>46608760
(Hunting, venturing outside of their community, resisting weather extremes)
>>
File: educational.jpg (614 KB, 800x4400) Image search: [Google]
educational.jpg
614 KB, 800x4400
>>46605616
>>
Anyone who thinks a forest-dwelling species would be nudists has never discovered a thorn lodged in their shirt or a tick clinging to their pants legs.
>>
>>46610140
Clothes don't stop ticks. If they latch onto clothes, they can crawl around until they hit unprotected flesh.
>>
>>46610433
I've found ticks chilling on my pants legs when I got home from a hike.
>>
>>46610433
>implying wood elves have a promise from every creature and plant not to hurt them.
Like baldr, except mistletoe promised as well
>>
>>46611279
>dont have
>>
>>46607321
yes.
>>
>>46611444
It just... its just hot
>a qt velociraptor will never accept you as her mate.
>>
>>46584847
Doubt they have the concept

>>46585234
>I like to imagine that the more "savage" tribes are unable to maintain a high level civilized society due to being a matriarchal society with an incredible shortage of men that forces them to go on literal manhunts, during which they either take a man home or just his seed. You're not considered a real woman until you've been impregnated.
I like this idea

>>46586386
It was nice, if a bit short
>>
File: 1460379485934.png (229 KB, 1051x1393) Image search: [Google]
1460379485934.png
229 KB, 1051x1393
>>46611554
Do velociraptors past the test?
>>
>>46611643
>Doubt they have the concept
Maybe because they are elves. But ever major human civilization has had a concept of virginity.
>>
>>46611751
>human intelligence
I dont think horses are THAT smart. Closest are dolphins or some great apes i think.
>>
>>46611778
Horses just get hyper aggressive and the mares will pin you to a wall and start grinding their pussy against you
>>
>>46603971

>implying nude backpacking isn't a popular lifestyle
>>
File: 1444272288728.jpg (312 KB, 1151x1716) Image search: [Google]
1444272288728.jpg
312 KB, 1151x1716
>>46605986
>-Love for animals

Weren't the Bosmer forbidden to eat any plants, fruits and vegetables from their homeland because of their fucked up religion and only ever ate meat? Though I guess that can still be seen as loving animals.
>>
>>46611691
Jurassic park ones do.
>>
>>46603971
That can be easily handwaved by magic

In LotR the wood elves could do things like sleep on trees safely because Galadriel's magic made the forest a living picture from the Elder Days, meaning that it was all sunshine and pretty trees without none of the nasty stuff real forest have
>>
File: Owen and blue fX1rgsv5wo1_1280.png (164 KB, 426x247) Image search: [Google]
Owen and blue fX1rgsv5wo1_1280.png
164 KB, 426x247
>>46614413
Reexamining their relationshiop, owen x blue is a cute. Especially if she was a cute anime girl.
>>
>>46615655
Heck even as a raptor its cute.
>>
>>46578355
Clothes protect from scratchy brambles and whatnot.
>>
Bumping... for posterity's sake.
>>
Wood elves are normally the least liked of the 3 major elf types right? (Irl, not in canon.)
>>
>>46606030
D&D please go
>>
>>46615719
What language is that?
>>
>>46619459
Highschool girl moonrune.
>>
>>46619506
Are you sure? If so the handwriting is fucking abominable.
>>
>>46619459
Looks like thai.
>>
>>46619521
>handwriting
They are raptors, they dont have hands.
>>
>>46593794
Eragon
>>
>>46581547
Fuck off.
>>
>>46620568
Not certain of this but I'm pretty sure Christopher Paolini stole that from something else, kinda like he stole everything in his books.
I still enjoyed them, but pretty much everything in them was stolen.
>>
>>46620702
Stealing from one person is plagiarism; stealing from many is research.
>>
>>46620736
fiction tag means never having to cite your references.
>>
>>46620736
>>46620759
And yet he still got hit with some legal battles and the like iirc
>>
>>46580940
>herbivores
You'd better also redesign them to have big ole gorilla guts and orangutan bellies because they need the extra space in order to break down plant material. A lithe frame and flat belly is something found in omnivores and carnivores. Better yet, just don't mess with things that don't need to be changed.
>>
>>46620702
>>46620568
God, the elves got insufferable in those books. That shit and some older fantasy authors who also used them as mouthpieces is why I gave elves shit for years. I assume it's the same for everyone else but a lot of clueless armchair psychologists think elf bashing and dwarfwank was some dumb high school nerd prep projection. No, it's because the dwarf was the only character with the balls to tell them to fuck off. I guess they were fortunate enough to not read a bunch shitty fantasy novels.
>>
>>46605539
Why have archery skills and be vegan? Why have humanoid shapes and intelligent animals and herbivores? It doesn't make any sense. If anything, elves would embrace eating meat. Do elves fault the cheetah for killing his prey? It is silly to deny nature's purpose. Surely they'd be against factory farming which is a demonstrably bad practice. Clearly of ancient forests for farmland (like the Amazon) would also be frowned upon.
>>
>>46621134
>Why have archery skills
To hunt plants, or humans. We're talking fey here.
>Why have humanoid shapes and intelligent animals and herbivores?
Because they're fey.
>>
>>46621134
Continuing off this, I'd imagine a honor ritual for each animal they killed for the purpose of consumption. Trophy hunting (like modern hunters killing cougars) would be a filthy human or orc practice. Every animal death would something to mourn, but you'd appreciate their sacrifice.

>>46621184
>because reasons
Okay.
>>
>>46621336
Seems like a perfectly good response to "a fey can't be vegan because being fucking magic isn't compatible with making little biological sense!"
>>
>>46621410
I guess it boils down to how magical they are. I feel that just throwing "because magic" out there is lazy though, but to each his own.
>>
>>46621517
It makes a hell of a lot more sense than quibbling "because biology".
>>
>>46578725
That pic makes me feel funny down there
>>
We should get a NSFW TG board
>>
>>46622281
We have one, it's called >>>/d/
>>
>>46586725
Because some people play them to be a Mary Sue, great at everything, one with nature and haughty as fuck. Shit is annoying at times.
>>
>>46622372
one that isnt full of dick girls
>>
>>46622372
You really cant have discussions on /d/. Not intelligent ones at least.
>>
>>46622281
Try the chan that is the sum of 4 + 4.
>>
>>46608372
what if only the nobility/leadership were nude, and the commoners wear clothes. The more clothes worn, the lower the social rank.
>>
>>46623220
Well, nobility are known for dressing impractically in order to show status. Not wearing clothes means you can afford to have people carrying you around so your feet don't get roughed up from lack of footwear, and you can have them fanning you if you get too hot or warming you if you get too cold.
>>
>>46623369
"I require a concubine to constantly hold my penis between her breasts to warm it"
'My lord you could just wear pant'
"Nonsense only peasants taint their perfect bodies with clothing"

I could actually see nobles doing this
>>
>>46623578
I was thinking more that they would be boiling water for a mini-sauna effect or possibly using magic to simply warm you that way, although body heat works too.
>>
>>46623578
Well yeah, if i was a prince i would have an elf loli follow me around everywhere warming my royal scepter with her hand
>>
>>46623578
So Question: How could I actually make the elves in my setting like this, without it getting too magic realmy, or too weird
>>
>>46623850
You cant. You have about 29 different interpretations of elf in this thread, you picked the lewdest one and asked how to make it non magic realmy.
>>
>>46623850
Just flower it up a bit. Say the Elven nobility wear Gossamer clothing, and have servants using minor cantrips and spells at all times to make their passage comfortable.

Someone using a heat/cold spell to make sure they're the right temperature. Others using prestidigitation to clean the ground in front of them where they walk, and possibly a druid shaping vegetation before them to ensure a clear path wherever they wish to go.

Focus on the magic and arrogance of elves, and the wastefulness of nobility, rather than the fact this is just an excuse for them to dress slutty.
>>
>>46623994
That actually seems like a very option, I'll actually add this regardless of if I do the clothes thing
>>
>>46578355
Even in societies that wear little clothing due to heat, such as rain forest tribes, they still where some clothes for protection and status. When we first started wearing skins it was to protect against the elements. Monkeys would wear animal skins if they realized they could skin them.
>>
>>46578451
In the game Dwarf Fortress, the elves try to take nothing, but waste nothing. Wood is harvested from naturally fallen trees, and they live in peace and harmony with nature, generally eating a vegetarian diet. However, if they kill you in battle, they will eat you.
>>
>>46627332
Why do dwarves and elves make such good enemies?
Thread replies: 201
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.