[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Morpok Sentinel Quest 4: Freedom of the Press
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
File: MORPOK OPIC.jpg (16 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
MORPOK OPIC.jpg
16 KB, 250x250
You are Susan "Genocide" Jones, ex-alchemist/ newbie reporter for the Morpok Sentinel, a newspaper in the great city of Ankh-Morpork.
These are the tales of your misadventures while hunting for the news.

Previous installments are here:
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/subject/morpok/order/asc/

>Last time
You hurry back to the Drum's storeroom and find yourself face to face with Captain Angua.
Behind her, Ozzy is being interviewed by Captain Carrot in Dwarvish.

"We told you to go did we not?"
"You did?"
"I did."
"Ah. Well I did go, but I came back. There's nothing wrong in that is there?"
"There is if you're sneaking back into a crimescene."
She pulls out a pair of menacles and advances on you.
"You don't have the right to remain silent, but I still recommend that you do."

>And now

Ah Jail. You've been in jail before. Short stints for things like accidentally blowing up your downstair neighbors' kitchen (2 days, until you arranged payment) and burning off the hair of all the cats on your street (noone complained about the naked cats, it was the smell that got you in trouble).
But now, interfering with a crime scene, now this just may land you in the Tanty, and you don't want that. No you don't.

>WAT DO?
[ ] Run
[ ] Reason
[ ]Other
*add a roll of 1d100 for your choice

>im back from the dead... maybe.
>retry of the last thread that died
>>
>>46561078
[x] Reason
Well, running's just dangerous innit?
>>
>>46561124
That's gonna need a roll
>>
Rolled 57 (1d100)

>>46561173
Sure thing!
>>
Rolled 61 (1d100)

>>46561078
>[ ] Reason
I forgot about this quest completely, 20 months since last thread huh.
>>
File: tavern.jpg (21 KB, 375x250) Image search: [Google]
tavern.jpg
21 KB, 375x250
>>46561185
>since it's a slow thread, i'll take it.
>Reason, 57

"You can't do this you know." you tell Captain Angua as she approaches
"Why not?" She asks as her fangs gleam in the dim light.
"I..." you think fast, trying to find something to get you out of this. "have information... yeah that's it."
"And what would that be?"
Your conversation gets the atention of Captain Carrot and he turns to face you as well.
"Mister Door... err, he... knows something."
"I know." Captain Carrot tells you.
"well, why didnt you ask him for more information?"
"He is not one for answers." He answers solemnly, "He just arrives when you least expect it."

Wat do?
[ ]Push the Mr.Door angle
[ ]Talk about the Vampire
[ ]Other
>>
Rolled 97 (1d100)

>>46561269
[x]Push the Mr.Door angle
We got an in, now!
>>
>>46561286
I sure do hope we still want to be rolling...
>>
>>46561286
>i'll take that. and the roll too

"Ah. so you're intentionally crippling your own investigation? I'm sure the good people of the city would like to hear about that..."
Ah light level blackmail., You're no stranger to it.
The alchemist's guild being as cut-throat and explosive as it were, the internal-politics have given you plenty of exposure to manipulation.
"That's not what's happening here.: He tells you.
Captain angua gives you a low growl and proceeds to advance on you with her menacles.

She was about to snap on those heavy bracelets when a bright flash near the door illuminates the whole bar. It's accompanied by a loud scream and the clink of glass breaking.

All of you inside look towards the door to see A vampire with an iconograph dusting himself off as another lady proceeds to yell towards you.
" Sacharissa Cripslock from the Times, " she says through the open door "Tell us Captain, what is this that we hear about the Watch intentionally hiding evidence from an investigatn of this caliber?"
The Captains are both distracted. It's your chance.

[ ] take the chance to beat it.
[ ] stay and fish for info
[ ] other
>>
>>46561410
[x] stay and fish for info
We're a JOURNALIST DAMMIT.
>>
>>46561410
>[ ] stay and fish for info
>>
File: tumblr_mbbylybV0i1qchcfyo1_500.jpg (80 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mbbylybV0i1qchcfyo1_500.jpg
80 KB, 500x281
>>46561444
>>46561467
It's your chance to try and get more info.
"Captain, let me reintroduce myself." you say as you straighten yourself and pull out a notebook Ozzy Handed you earlier "I'm Susan Jones of the Sentinel, and I'm sure our readers would like to know more about this case and why you're intentionally hobbling the investigation."

Sacharissa throws you a conspiratory wink from the door as Ozzy begins to set up his own iconograph.

*ROLL 1d100.
TAKING THE 2ND ROLL
>>
Rolled 68 (1d100)

>>46561586
Well, let's hope we get two rolls then
>>
Rolled 18 (1d100)

>>46561586
>>
>>46561609
Dice pls
>>
File: tumblr_nxnndeI0C21u5e4cdo1_500.jpg (74 KB, 498x750) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxnndeI0C21u5e4cdo1_500.jpg
74 KB, 498x750
>>46561609
"I'm sorry ladies. Ths is an ongoing investigation and we can't release any information that we have. Now, if you would excuse us, we would appreciate it if you vacate the premises now that our forensiks team is on thier way here."
"He means," Captain Angua adds as she grabs both you and ozzy. "Get out now, or we wont as you as nice nest time."

You and your partner find yourself back outside the drum, the door barred solidly behind you.

>WHAT DO YOU DO NOW?
>>
>>46561683
Curses.
Ask Sacharissa if she found anything else while we were busy dealing with the watch, then retreat to the Sentinel's offices to put things together.
I honestly can't remember shit about what was going on so not sure how we're gonna solve the case!
>>
>>46561078
didn't you die? wait-

>2014
holy shit, it's been that long?
>>
>>46561850
Sometimes qms rise from the dead
>>
>>46561683
I don't suppose we know which direction Mr. Door went?

We could also find other ambassadors, even if they aren't directly related, and ask them how they feel about all this.
>>
You walk around towards the front of the drum hoping to catch the team from the Times before they left.

Luckily, they were still there as the vampire iconographer had too much equipment to pack quickly.

"Hi there." You introduce yerself to "Susan 'Genoside' Jones from the Sentinel. You're Miss Cripslock from the Times right?"
"Well yes, I am that." She answers as she shakes your hand. "You're new... but I think i've seen you before."
"Yeah, just started this morning. Used to be an alchemist. Got reassigned as it were..."
"Oh! I remember now. You burned the fur off all those cats back in the Shades!"
"Er.. yeah that was me. Anyway, i was wondering, do you have anymore information on this murder?"
"Sorry dear, I can't tell you that. It's every woman for herself in this business... Also, If i were to be frank, we just got here. We know nothing and only have that one picture."

WAT DO NOW?
*ADD A ROLL 1d100

>>46561850
life got in the way

>>46561899
And sometimes legends are revived
>>
>>46561979
so yeah, >>46561929

at the very least, we can spin it based on how "safe" ambassadors currently feel.
>>
Rolled 62 (1d100)

>>46561979
Try to figure this out >>46561929
>>
>>46561929
>>46562046
This was going nowherem and you knew it.
Saying your good byes, you tried to figure out where the mysterious Mr. Door went.
But hard as you tried to remember where, all you came up with was 'away'.

"So what'd we do now?" Asks Ozzy as you stroll away from the drum in the general direction of the Sentinel's office.
"I... I think i need to talk to the other Ambassadors."
"Why?"
"Well, this is politikal right? And since it involves the Ambassador for Quirm, then it's international... I think it's time i went diplomatik."
>>
>>46562083
Does this involve dressing up? It should.
>>
File: MORPOK EDPIC.jpg (5 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
MORPOK EDPIC.jpg
5 KB, 125x125
Next time on Morpok Sentinel Quest:
DIPLOMATIK INSECURITY

Next thread... tomorrow maybe?
>>
>>46562159
well this was certainly a blast from the past.
>>
>>46562159
You're using this as warm up for the return of MSQ aren't you?
>>
>>46562159
Thanks for running, mate
>>
>>46562168
It was for me as well.
>>46562176
Err, this is MSQ. Morpok Sentinel Quest
>>46562191
Welcome. hope to see more players next time
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.