[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTG Pauper General: Dead Thread Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 7
File: Delver+of+Secrets+%5BISD%5D.jpg (32 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Delver+of+Secrets+%5BISD%5D.jpg
32 KB, 223x310
>MTGO Pauper Guide
https://www.cardhoarder.com/mtgo-beginner-guide

>What are some top tier decks I can get on MTGO/Paper?
http://www.mtggoldfish.com/metagame/pauper

>BUT I WANT TO SEE ALL VIABLE DECKS!
http://tappedout.net/users/fruuty/deck-folders/

>Which rules should I follow?
If you don't already have some homebrew version with friends, follow the MTGO card pool and banlist (and please spread this to your friends that start playing with you). Currently the only place Pauper is officially supported by Wizards is online, and they have a card pool and banlist, therefore that is the format we should be using offline on paper as well, since decks and cards can transfer to games between each other with no confusion.

>WAHHH THATS TO HARD WHERE...
http://www.mtg-hunter.com
The bottom left has a box, select MTGO Pauper, all cards in the card pool and banlist are taken into account.

>What deck should I use?
Ask in the thread!

>Is MTGO worth it?
If you have no local paper competition, but want to play a vast amount of Pauper, it can't be beat, even if it is a clunky GUI, you learn quickly.

Some good decks for newbies include but are not limited to:
>Burn
>Elves
>Goblins
>Stompy
>Slivers
>Affinity
>Mono U control
>UB Teachings
>>
>Delver
>1CMC for a 3/2 flying

>Researcher
>4CMC for a 3/2 flying

What happened?
>>
>>46549209
Any time they go back to a plane I feel like everything is like a lame underpowered version of the original. Happened with Mirrodin, happened with Zendikar, happening again with Innistrad
>>
>>46549249
>Happened with mirrodin
>The block that contained Swords, Batterskull, Blightsteel, Wurmcoil, Mox Opal, Etched Champion, Signal pest, Vault Skirge, 5 praetors, the Sun's Zenith cycle, the entire infect mechanic, Koth, Galvanic Blast, Phyrexian mana, Phyrexian Obliterator, deceiver exarch, puresteel paladin, the entire metalcraft mechanic and a buch of other shit.
Are you fucking serious?
>>
>>46549420
Every set based on artifacts is always broken.
>>
File: 1459487704451.png (217 KB, 700x400) Image search: [Google]
1459487704451.png
217 KB, 700x400
Should I make a Chain Lightening less Burn since I have most of the cards, or just buy another deck?

I'm super broke. What would be the cheapest Tier 1 deck I could get from local players? A lot don't have older but cheap Commons.

Please help I want to play in the Pauper tournament this Sat, or next Sat.
>>
If every thread based around a format uses the same card in the OP image, the format is dead and solved.
>>
>>46551098
Run Spark Elementals instead? Fifth Dawn common.
>>
>>46551143
Banning Delver would make the format much better.

Now whenever I see a turn one Delver I just concede and block that person from ever playing with me again. We've had a while to think of counter decks, but none are good enough. It seems most people in the meta just ignore Delver altogether and take the L when someone uses him.

Definitely a must ban now, the meta is suffering because of that idiotic card.
>>
>>46549209
4 for a 3/2 is the norm in a magic set.

It becomes above cirve when it flips.

The delver is only as strong as the card selection tools.
>>
>>46549166

Whats a good budget option for Oubliette for mono black control?
>>
>>46553912
Or you can just kill the Delver? I haven't played much pauper yet but it hardly seems unbeatable.
>>
>>46557113
If you haven't played much Pauper then you literally have no fucking clue how overpowered that card is. It would have been good at rare, at common it's just disgusting.
>>
>>46557036
It's only gift in the mirror. In any other match up it sucks.

Faceless Butcher is what your looking for.
>>
>>46553912
Run Disfigure. Delver is hardly unbeatable, but it does give decks like Teachings problems because they can match them in card advantage while deploying threats.
>>
>>46553912
I understand disliking delver because it is an OP beater (and it is), but delver really isn't what makes mono-u aggro/tempo strong, ninja of the deep hours is significantly stronger for the deck. I'd say delver of secrets is the second weakest most replaceable creature for the deck (spire golem being the first).
>>
>>46557557
It's a good card but not a reason to scoop t1 jesus christ. Do you play a pile of random draft commons or something?
>>
>>46553912
What is Gut Shot?
>>
>>46549166

If I'm playing paper pauper, can I still use something like Chainer's Edict? It doesn't have a physical common printing but its legal in MTGO.
>>
>>46558777
Paper pauper isn't an official format.
There's a schism on cardpool.
Read the OP.
>>
>>46558777
Depends on what the group or LGS has decided. The norm is that you use MTGO's card pool and banlist.
>>
>>46553912
Format full of really, really good removals.
>Delver is a problem
>>
>>46558777
Read. The. OP.
>>
>>46558735
a secret card that only true adepts like us have acknowledged
>>
>>46549209
>Comparing flip side to unflipped side
Seriously nigga?
>>
>>46553912
>concede and block that person
You're a real piece of shit
>>
>>46557036
I replaced one with Tendrils and one with Disfigure.
>>
I never really have a problem with Delver since I play soul sister tokens. I can often just outrace them if they try to go aggressive, and my mentality going into every Delver game is always "they just can't counter everything"

Battle Screech is super helpful too, since it has synergy with itself.
>>
My god, why do all Tron players play like they're driving a tank. It's like they're incapable of thinking beforehand.
>>
>>46568145
w-what did he mean by this
>>
>>46562274
And you can fuck right on off. It's not just me that does it. I'll drop from whatever matches I want I.E. any Delver deck.
>>
>>46569251
It means you dorks never even look at or care about the other person's cards or life lead or creatures. 99% of Tron players lose to my Burn or any other aggro deck because they are brain dead set on their hand and their card actions. Not everyone can use Tron, but lots of people try.
>>
>>46562274
He's doing the world a favour. Why would you want to play against a person like him?
>>
>>46572170
>deck has a great matchup against tron
>"Oh man, why can't tron players do things against me? I don't get it!"

Besides that, Tron's gameplan is to get Tron going to get big threats on the table. Your opponent is working on his gameplan, and you're working on yours when you use your burn spells on him.
>>
>>46572170
No, it means that they play slooooooow.
>>
File: cached.jpg (72 KB, 700x454) Image search: [Google]
cached.jpg
72 KB, 700x454
>>46549166
>mfw I wanted to make physical version of my EDH deck but nearby stores don't have 50% of needed cards
Fuck me and fuck this shit. I will use only M14 till SOI cards.
>>
>>46573876
>what is internet
>>
>>46573940
Yeah, good idea - buying a common card and pay 1200% of its price for shipping
>>
>>46573987
>EDH deck
>50% of needed cards

I think you can order way more cards, friend.
>>
>>46574008
I'm living in a shithole, dear Anon. Most internet sellers have 2-3 of needed cards. For example I have to pay 0,50 for them but they want 12 for shipping. So after 10 minutes of research it was like 5 for cards, 40 for shipping
>>
>>46574100
Holy kek, do you live in the middle of the Saara?
>>
>>46574133
Worse - Poland. For example - I'm living in the middle of urban area (population is about 2.7 million) and I can't find a fuckin Tithe Drinker in 4 stores. Okay, let's take a look on the internet. Only seller is selling 2 pieces (I need only one but fuck you dear customer) for 1 but damn shipping is 5,50. I would have to pay a 550% shipping for common card
>>
>>46574133
>>46574312
Also don't bully - I'm to lazy to spend an hour or two on the road. I will probably just use what I can get in local stores and try to make something decent. It's for casual games with friends so the level will be the same at least
but muh autism
>>
>>46574312
>>46574677
I'm so sorry about that anon. I hope you get a chance to buy the cards you need.
>>
>>46573940
You're an idiot. I'm not paying 40 bucks in shipping for a 45 dollar deck. Not ever happening.
>>
>>46575547
SCG charges 16 bucks to being a box to fucking Chile. Do you have anybidra how far and disconnected this shit is? A d if this shit costs $16, im pretty sure shipping to europe will be even cheaper.
Buy all in one place and save money dumbass. Whatever big vendor there is will have 99% of your deck. The remaining pieces get them in your facebook mtg group. Hell maybe your cousin plays and you wont know unless you join your country and city's fb groups.
>>
Recently downloaded Xmage, where can I get files so cards have images?
>>
>>46578089
That's how I do it, you fucking retard. Local players are all worried about standard. I live in a medium sized city in the USA and have 5 card shops within 10 minutes of me. One even throws away any Commons because no one cares.

Try living in a first world country.
>>
>>46578170
Xmage is a piece of giant fucking shit.
Get the MTGO client.
>>
Should I even bother making a paper deck if I hate everyone in the local scene? They are ask smelly fat social retards or hardcore nerds with odd weird shit going on. I thought I could make friends but everyone is such a loser.

I have more fun on MTGO
>>
File: Gurmag+Angler+%5BFRF%5D.jpg (26 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
Gurmag+Angler+%5BFRF%5D.jpg
26 KB, 223x311
Don't die on me.

MTGO is better than paper prove me wrong.
>>
>>46582650
Paper is better for me since I own the cards, and some of Sais cards are worth more on mtgo because of the scarcity there.

In general mtgo is better for pauper only. It's got a huge community for it. My store has a regular pauper league so I rely more on mtgo for practice than anything.

Plus the mtgo client is clunky as fuck. Needs an update.
>>
>>46581036
I'm guessing "No".
But you should be able to tell on your own.
>>
File: TF3.png (18 KB, 347x885) Image search: [Google]
TF3.png
18 KB, 347x885
Made some changes to the deck.
>>
>>46586623
Why not post the link so I don't have to search for every creature I don't immediately recognize?
>>
>>46586669
I didn't have a link until you asked but ok.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/tortured-faeries/
>>
>>46582650
I like conversing with people physically and having a good time.
>>
>>46574312
That's why you buy your entire deck on Magiccardmarket.
>>
>>46578539
>Xmage is shit
>pay money to buy digital cards on a slightly less shitty client instead.
>>
>>46578170
You just start Xmage and it should ask you if you want to download the imgaes.
If it doesn't there's a button on the top right corner of the main window called images.
>>
>>46582842
In their last shareholder meeting they mentioned that they want to completely overhaul their online services.
>>
>>46551098
2 Spark Elementals, 2 Collateral Damage. This assumes you're already running 4 Keldon Marauders

>>46572563
But I don't run Delver, so he's actually increasing the odds that I have to play with him.

>>46582650
MTGO has this guy >>46553912 my FLGS doesn't.
>>
>>46562246
You can compare flipped to unflipped when you're looking at ease of transformation

Easily a 30%+ chance of flipping without you having to spend any resources.
1CMC 30%+ chance of flipping ( more with a deck built around spells ) and it come down turn 1 so by the time you get to 4 lands it's probably flipped without having to pay for anything else vs 4CMC for 100% chance of a 3/2 flyer. And since it has just been played it has summoning sickness. It still doesn't add up.
>>
File: feat224b_sad_jace.jpg (50 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
feat224b_sad_jace.jpg
50 KB, 620x400
>That feel when no player in the huge local scene has any Goblins so you can't make your deck without paying 70 bucks with shipping online.
>>
>>46578170
http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=18042
>>
>>46582650
Why not both?
>>
>>46592502
Paying double?

Is there like a better way to buy cards than this stupid TCG thing. I want to go to the card shop but I just know the Commons will all be horse shit.

They are also running draft and the hamplanets that own the place will be drafting and no one will be behind the counter. In fact I found or card I needed at this other shit shop, I wait an hour to give them 35 cents but they kept telling me I wasn't important as the new set was out and people were drafting. First time.e I ever stole anything in my life. Slipped that fucker in my pocket a left never to return. Fuck weird ass stupid shop owners.
>>
>>46596949
I really like buying a set of commons from each set. Doing this since Theros and playing pauper drafts with friends
>>
>>46599509
How much does that run? Where can you do this?
>>
>tfw bought 5k bulk cards
can pauper compete with 300$ decks?
>>
File: Image.jpg (33 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
33 KB, 223x310
>>46600021
300 dollar what? Standard? Modern?
Most top tier Pauper decks are 30 to 45 dollars ffs.
>>
>>46587473
>paying money for electronic goods is stupid
>paying money for slips of cardboard isn't
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.