[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Super Dungeon Explore
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: SDE.jpg (496 KB, 720x500) Image search: [Google]
SDE.jpg
496 KB, 720x500
I saw this game at the mall board game shop a few days ago, looked neat, never played a tabletop board game before though. I was wondering if anyone had played this, if it is a good place to start and if it is fun.
>>
I'm not a fan of the Dungeons and Dragons Light genre of boardgames, but my friend bought into the Kickstarter for this one so my group gave it a shot. We found it to be frustratingly swingy and didn't find much tactical depth.
>>
>>46546474
For a group of people whos only table top experience is pretty much just card games, how do you think it might go over? We want to try D&D but just havent made the jump yet.
>>
>>46546517
It would become boring after a few games.
But it would go over well until then.
Probably not worth the $75.
>>
My gaming group played this a bit a while back. It has the same problem as Shadows Over Camelot in that the bad guy can screw everyone over very quickly if they know what they are doing. All you need to do is clog one section where the heroes cannot pass through. You don't even need to damage them, just make as many bodies as possible and make sure that there is no way that the heroes can clear enough to make any real progress towards the next spawn point. In this way, you are able to lock down the players until your fire dragon can arrive and set everyone on fire and then proceed to smash them to bits. We thought about seeing if any of the expansions would help, but there wasn't enough interest in it to justify buying and painting more stuf.
>>
>>46546406
It's pretty dire as a game, the minis are nice though.
>>
>>46546406
Me and my younger brother got a lot of milage out of it, but it is really a 1v1 game. At this point we just use the minis from it and the expansions for frostgrave or d&d. You really need to go balls to the wall and buy everything for the game to become worthwhile. You would be better off starting with d&d 5e or some other actual rolepalying game and maybe pick this up if you want the chibi style minis
>>
>>46546406
Alternatively get Arcadia Quest. It is a better board game.
>>
>>46548617
Or Krosmaster Quest.
>>
Hm, then maybe I will pass on this one, the big thing that got me was the chibi style characters.

I'd like to get my group more into DnD but I feel like for a few of them it would be too much hand holding to be enjoyable.

>>46548617

This looks like the same company, so the same artstyle, just a better game?
>>
>>46549160
Different company actually. It is essentially a rip off that was made to spite the company who made SDE.

There is also Descent and Dungeon Saga which are dungeon crawlers. They don't have the same art style however.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.