[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If I were to play a pre-Age of Sigmar edition of WHFB (and create
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
If I were to play a pre-Age of Sigmar edition of WHFB (and create backwards-compatible rules for later units and armies), which edition should I use?
I assume the answer isn't 8th.
>>
6th
>>
6th Edition.
>Every single army had a book
>Often with variant lists included
>Highest customization of 6th, 7th and 8th
>Campaign Books
>Additional outlier lists like Kislev, Dogs of War or Slayers
>General's Compendium

It was a beautiful game.
>>
Kings of War
>>
>>46538808
GURPS
>>
>>46538808

6e.

>>46541551

This only if you want to get out of WHFB entirely.
>>
>>46538808

Mordheim.
>>
>>46541439
>>46541504
Is 6e the one where Chaos Dwarves are mentioned among the Armies?
Battle for skull Pass?
>>
>>46538808
Fuck 6th. 7th with 7e army books EXCEPT for VC and Daemons, who use their 6e ones. The main rules of 7e were better and fixed a lot of little stuff from 6e, but then came along the books of VC and Daemons and fucked it all up. The problem lies in the army books, not the BRB.
>>
File: n001__sized_l.jpg (567 KB, 800x1026) Image search: [Google]
n001__sized_l.jpg
567 KB, 800x1026
6th army books > 8th Army books >7th Army books
7th BRB > 6th BRB > 8TH BRB

Also realms of chaos is based but that doesn't count
>>
>>46547952
>>46548163

So 7e System and 6e army books is the winning combination here?
>>
File: image_22.jpg (31 KB, 550x311) Image search: [Google]
image_22.jpg
31 KB, 550x311
>>46548215
It comes down to personal taste but that's a common view point. 7th had two stupidly op books but was generally an improvment on 6th for core rules and using 6th books means all the books will be contemporary with one another.

If you have any more questions I'd direct you to the fantasy general, its still pretty alive and we go through a thread probobly once every 30 hours or so
>>
>>46548264

Honestly I'm more a fan of stuff like Kill Team, Regiment of Renown, Mordheim, and Frostgrave, but WHFB does seem much neater than 40k's fuck-all semblance balance. I might need to get a PDF and chew through some rules for ideas.
>>
>>46548326
If you like that sort of thing play of them. Coreheim, frontgrave, Realms of chaos, path to glory...
>>
>>46538808
3rd
>>
>>46538808
8th.
Fuck the haters.
>>
>>46550368
I too enjoyed 8th edition.
Despite the fact that a single spell could complete wreck my entire army.

Fuck the Purple Sun, fuck it to death.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.