[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I got a confession /tg/ I murdered a PC today. Not killed. Murdered.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7
File: 35biauc.jpg (13 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
35biauc.jpg
13 KB, 460x276
I got a confession /tg/

I murdered a PC today. Not killed. Murdered. Premeditated murder.
I planned the encounter to work to his weaknesses. I plotted before hand on how I would do it. I knew how he fights and made the battle perfect so that he would be in the right place at the right time to get damaged. I even cheated some rolls to kill him.

I feel a little bad, but I don't regret it at all. I know some would call me a bad GM or insult me, but I have my reasons.

I had been too lax on the players. I have a reputation for being too easy on them and it has been going on for too long. They didn't even fear the current campaign enough to realize when they were in danger. They laughed, got distracted, and didn't take the campaign seriously because they thought it was all too easy for them. They thought my BBEG was a joke and didn't feel the need to actually fight him. I had to put the fear back in them so they would get more invested and less bored at my lack of challenges because I am too easy on them. I was also at a plot point where a death of the PCs would make the plot hit them so much harder. It was a perfect time to do it.

I chose him carefully. Out of all of them, he was the more power gamey. He didn't get that emotionally attached to his characters. But still enough that he wouldn't care about the death and pass it off as nothing. His character was attached to his party members enough to be a somewhat important PC. They would care, but not be devastated by this PC dying because he was well liked and important to the story.

And you know what? The session went great. One of my players cried a little at the loss of her friend. People were upset, but the situation was so perfect that they were focused on dealing with the villain who did it instead. They really got into the story a lot deeper and loved it. It strengthed the bonds between them and their characters. They were more scared about death and knew they had to take things seriously to survive.
>>
>>46538544
I may be a bad GM for cheating and planned to murder a character, but in the end it made the game funner and more involved for the players as a whole, even him. That's still a big part of being a GM. Getting the PCs involved with a good plot!
>>
File: 1374160256022.jpg (25 KB, 456x330) Image search: [Google]
1374160256022.jpg
25 KB, 456x330
>>46538544
>GM killed a PC
Big fucking whoop.
>>
>>46538544
Good on you, OP
>>
File: yin.jpg (73 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
yin.jpg
73 KB, 1280x720
Just one?
>>
File: 1424885084496.jpg (108 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1424885084496.jpg
108 KB, 400x400
>>46538544
So you have taken the first steps towards enlightenment, is that it?
>>
I got a confession /tg/

I murdered a player today. Not killed. Murdered. Premeditated murder.
I planned the encounter to work to his weaknesses. I plotted before hand on how I would do it. I knew where he worked and made the hit perfect so that he would be in the right place at the right time to make it look like a hit and run. I even paid off some witnesses to kill him.

I feel a little bad, but I don't regret it at all. I know some would call me a bad GM or insult me, but I have my reasons.
>>
>>46538544
>I murdered a PC today. Not killed. Murdered. Premeditated murder.
At least it wasn't a player.
>>
File: Astonished.jpg (131 KB, 600x502) Image search: [Google]
Astonished.jpg
131 KB, 600x502
>>46538544
Congrats, I guess.

So who's next on the chopping block? C'mon. We need details.
>>
>>46538544
Heh, that makes me want to write a game that's like the reverse of 'We're all Gonna Die!', called 'Tonight, Somebody Dies!'
You all play actors in a soap opera, and the game ends when someone dies. Everyone has one public and one private character they want to keep alive (not themselves), and one character they want to kill (may be themselves).
Stats kind of like Soiled Doves.
In order to kill someone, you need to spend three separate actions on a room where you plan on killing them and then lure that person into that room, as well as acquire whatever materials you need.
After the first action, your trap can be detected with a good enough check.
It takes one round after the trap is sprung for the target to die (Last Moments Rule). If nobody can prove that you were the one who killed them, you get enough points to normally win, but everyone has 32 turns during the game to work with, and after any murder, the clock is extended by four turns.
There would also be other point goals, including points for catching the murderer. If caught, the murderer's score goes to zero.
>>
>>46538780
I assume he didn't use a coaster? Bastard had it coming.
>>
>>46538544
Good.
Remember this feeling. You are the true godhead of creation. The Players are mere pretenders. You alone hold the fires of creation, and can snuff out any light you choose.

This is why other people GM right? It can't just be me.
>>
>>46538833
worse

he put pineapple on pizza
>>
>>46538877
wow your lax, if a single member of my party did that and the players didn't stop him, i would have murdered the lot of them.
>>
>>46538831
That sounds kind of amusing actually. Are you really going to build on it?
>>
>>46538877
soooooooo good
>>
File: grammar nazi.jpg (10 KB, 209x200) Image search: [Google]
grammar nazi.jpg
10 KB, 209x200
>>46538559
>funner
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>46538544
>I even cheated some rolls to kill him.
>and didn't take the campaign seriously because they thought it was all too easy for them.
That's on you, not them. Clearly you suck at creating encounters and have to cheat to make things mildly interesting.
>>
>>46539098
Have to agree here, if it was such a perfectly planned death scenario you wouldn't have had to cheat rolls to make it stick. You might have an issue with threat scaling, and cheating is not really the best solution.
>>
I once had a PC trip my DMPC cleric as they ran away from an encounter they couldn't beat. The bastards kept running and left the DMPC to be killed to death.

Everyone but the PC who tripped the DMPC loved the guy, (PC who tripped the Cleric hated religious figures. Saw an opportunity to off the Cleric and guarantee an escape) but the group's leader demanded that they kept running, because staying would only kill all of them.

Of course, since this was early in our Tabletop career, the BEG was a Necromancer. Let me tell you, the Cleric was a lot harder to kill the second time around.

>mfw the now-wraith spent the entire fight chasing down and murdering the PC who tripped him
>mfw I have no face
>>
File: +.jpg (104 KB, 750x376) Image search: [Google]
+.jpg
104 KB, 750x376
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.