[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
heya guys, I think I've invented a game. take paper or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: rodeny toungefroot.png (67 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
rodeny toungefroot.png
67 KB, 800x600
heya guys, I think I've invented a game.

take paper or mspaint

draw a character

assign 20 points between:
strength, speed, fighting spirit, defense, and intelligence.
(just remember they have funny names)
max in one stat is 10

give your character 4 special moves
specials can be used twice per match. past them, you will have to rely on your characters basic abilities and items found in the arena.
(dont worry, if a character has a gun built in his arm, shooting it counts as a basic attack. just keep an eye on your bullets.)

then give yourself a super. supers can be used once per match.

remember that characters are supposed to be wacky as fuck. do you have an overpowered super? then i guess everyone else will need to jack up theirs. (just dont go too high. then it stops being fun and becomes a schoolyard "everything proof shield" situation.)

then pick 2 elements. elements just match character design and might give you a bonus in certain terrain types.
elements are:
Brawn
brain
occult
flora
beast
fire
water
wind
earth
robot
electric
infernal
angelic
whoopass
average
ice

finally, give your character a radical name
ex: el pollo magnifico
duke dudster
the high noon marauder

rodney here is my example character.
he is a brawn and flora type (because hes a naturist.)
he has average stats and alright abilities.
rodney likes punching things.

then you have matches against each other on maps.

anyone can make a map, just like anyone can make a character.

when fighting, you declare actions, then draw a picture of it happening. if two actions clash, then whoever has the cooler resolution comes out on top.
(coolness does not rely on drawing quality.)

i came up with this on the bus.

tldr: make cool characters, have them fight, have fun drawing pictures.
>>
How old are you, if you don't mind me asking?

I'm glad you're being creative and that you're showing initiative, but I'm curious about your age.
>>
>>46535488
This is somewhere in the uncanny valley between deliberate bait and true ignorance.
OP, what on earth are you doing?
>>
>>46535633
>>46535667
I see threads stretching out before me, where people laugh and have fun making drawings fight. I just wanted to make something people could have fun with.
I might be a little drunk.
>>
>>46535691
I can't tell if your'e a drunk questfag, a drunk anti-questfag, a sober anti-questfag, or just that drunk.
>>
>>46535691
Alright, then you're not eight and trying your hardest, and the intention of this is to just be loose and lazy. The problem with this is that it's way too much effort for such a limp end result.
>>
>>46535775
This has nothing to do with quests.
I just wanted to make something people could have fun with.
>>
>>46535783
I came up with the base idea, then spent 30 minutes at the computer coming up with something more interesting than
"I punch you"

At least I didn't waste 30 more minutes making Pokemon style type matchups.
>>
>>46535845
It could use some rules.
Do you roll dice to resolve conflicts?
In that case, how do specials and supers interact with dice?
What are stats used for?
>>
>>46535845
Sounds like it's time to refine it down to the parts you consider to be the most important and essential. It's really easy to just keep adding things and making them more complicated, but the end result winds up clunky and tedious.
>>
>>46535912
Dice is a good note. Didn't think of that.
Dice resolve conflicts now.
Maybe if you get a high enough roll you could try and defend yourself from a special or super?

Stats affect character. Like, a guy with 1 strength wouldn't be able to lift a boulder and throw it, and a guy with high smarts will figure out how to use a high tech weapon faster.
In situations like that, a d6 roll plus your stat to try and meet a success number might work.

>>46535912
Essentials: make neat characters, have them fight.
But yeah. I'm gonna try not to add too much shit mechanically.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.