[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
By and large, what color has the best badguys?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 9
File: RsjbhOm.png (52 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
RsjbhOm.png
52 KB, 250x250
By and large, what color has the best badguys?
>>
File: konda.jpg (30 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
konda.jpg
30 KB, 223x310
The best Magic villain remains Konda.
It's a shame, because if his set hadn't followed Mirrodin, he would have cost 5.
>>
File: 172[2].jpg (70 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
172[2].jpg
70 KB, 312x445
Green is mean.
>>
>>46531377
Are we strictly talking lore or are we talking color pie?

'Cause I do love Ra's al Ghul
>>
>>46532721
Forgot to mention that he's GW
>>
>>46531377
It will always be white. White's evil is always systematic and self-justified.
>>
[Spoiler] Black [/Spoiler]

Because their mana picture obviously
>>
>>46532974
Doing it for the evulz does not make the best badguys. Their ways are also ultimately self-defeating, making them much less dangerous in the long run than the well-organized White.
>>
File: Soul of New Phyrexia.jpg (56 KB, 636x469) Image search: [Google]
Soul of New Phyrexia.jpg
56 KB, 636x469
>>46531377
White of course.
>>
>>46532992
Well "best" is subjective

In my opinion

Black is evil demon summoning monster destroying bad guys who revel in evil/and controlling flow similar to blue. using life and curses to destroy the enemy
White is the normal humans using angels and protecting against the other colors, and having lots of life
Red is the aggressive goblin/ barbarian color no control but lots of damage and enjoys reckless battles.
Green is nature and beasts as well as elves to protect the forests they excel in buffs and boosts as well as destroying unnatural stuff.
Blue is the color of knowledge fighting for control not for damage. They fight dirty, often avoiding enemies.

In my opinions...

Black>blue>red>white>Green would be the order of evil from most to least.

Mixing colors would yield similar results as the single colors.

Blue black/black red would be most evil white green green/red least evil.
>>
>>46533349
That's a very shallow description of colour identity. White isnt necessarily protecting everyone. Nazism could be argued to be white, as it focuses on a single collective and shuns anyone outside of it
>>
>>46533349
Yeah uh green is also the colour of the strong preying on the weak because that's how it should be
>>
>>46533349
>>46533552
A good example of a green white villain is the elves of lorwyn - they have strict rules about beauty and feel that their law gives them the right to kill and maim whoever doesn't follow their rules.
>>
>>46533595
The Elves of Lorwyn were actually GW and weren't so much as evil as they were stern.

It was the GB elves of Shadowmoor that were evil.
>>
>>46533446
>MTG players in a nutshell
>my white deck is a nazi deck.

>I don't play a shallow deck with fucking COLOR IDENTITY

>like what, your blue control deck identifies as a red burn deck or some shit?

This is why I got out of MTG

I may be overreacting but holy shit their colors, when I played black was evil, red was goblin, green was monster and such like that

I will be going now
>>
>>46533694
Wrong order fucktard
Giltleaf was BG, Wiltleaf was WG
>>
>>46533971
Uh huh.

I assume you just love hearthstone too.
>>
>>46533694
>>46533595
You guys have it backwards.

Lorwyn has the asshole BG Elves that kill non-Elves because they aren't pretty.

Shadowmoor has the okay GW Elves who aren't really assholes and save anything of beauty.

>>46533349
>>46533971
>"This is my opinion."
>"Well that's canonically wrong."
>"FUCKING MILLENIAL TUMBLRITS WHY IS MAGIC DIFFERENT I MISS THE 90S"
>>
>>46533971
>This is why I got out of MTG
That's a really lame reason to quit a game. Are you autistic?
>>
>>46534160
God damnit don't get me started on that cash grab knock off of the rare decent game WoWTCG. Bring back the good fun game with rewards and fun and get rid of the shallow twitch bait cash grab shallow attempt of copying a flash deck building game from 2001. Each time someone brags to me their rank 20 or 10 or 1 I just have to hold in the fury of having to call those asshats my friends. "OMG I PULLED A GROM"
>omg you spent $400 on digital pixels that will never give you your father's love back.
Fucking buy cards online for a digital game

Why not play a physical card game and trade cards or socialize like normal humans instead of mashing the sorry emote like your secretly a Canadian

Fuck hearthstone man. It's community makes MTG players decent people.

It's community is that over 18 group of Pokemon card players.

Hearthstone isn't a game, it's a money spending simulator.

Fuck hearthstone
>>
>>46534299
Back when I played MTG autism didn't exist and morningtide was cool
>>
>>46534206
There's still the Selesnya Conclave for all your GW creepy hyperconformist cult needs.
>>
>>46534380
Remember the good Blizzard anon

Remember?
>>
>>46534616
(Rambling intensifies)
Fucking blizzard hasn't been good since Warcraft 3 released, when wrath turned to cataclysm it ruined blizzard, when the goddamn tcg ended I said gg no re and moved on

In retrospect blizzard was never good.

StarCraft was good but as a warhammer player it makes me wish they had stuck with their game and didn't dangle good stuff in their cancer mouth of..money lust

...eh...money grubbers..
But man fuck hearthstone cash grabbing leech of a game was the final nail in their coffin and HotS and overwatch can't crowbar those nails out fast enough
>>
>>46534380
Thank you
>>
File: mtgcom_arcana_508_pic2_en.jpg (55 KB, 575x409) Image search: [Google]
mtgcom_arcana_508_pic2_en.jpg
55 KB, 575x409
U
>>
File: CjLZiFf.png (146 KB, 554x439) Image search: [Google]
CjLZiFf.png
146 KB, 554x439
>>46534380
I like Hearthstone and Magic. I play Magic when I'm with friends and I play Hearthstone when I'm alone.

You don't have to hate one and like the other. Obviously Magic is the superior game hands down, anyone who debates this is retarded.
>>
>>46534380
who the fuck is spending that much money on hearthstone?

most people I know buy the adventures and an occasional preorder pack

it's a casual as fuck game, so what? gotta play something on the toilet
>>
>>46533022
THAT CARD IN THE PICTURE IS FUCKING COLORLESS!
>>
>>46533349
OP didn't ask what has the MOST villains or which color is most evil. OP asked which had the best villains.

The best villains are those who are arguably justified and may even be more right than the heroes, but you have to fight them anyway ultimately creating a conflicting and more realistic morality.

White villains specifically embody this idea. Usually you end up with characters for whom the ends justify the means, and sometimes they actually might. It's far better than what you get for the other colors villians:

Black is evil for the sake of evil. They want to corrupt and destroy everything, usually even killing themselves in the process. Ultimately this is the LOWEST tier of villain.

Red is destroying things for fun and profit. At least they have half a reason but it's why red often embodies orcs and goblins just doing what they do. It's some mook-tier villainy.

Green has two ways to go. Either they are just beasts of the land doing what they do, or else they are aggressive protectors of the land (ie elves). They have some pretty strong, if warped justifications, but their villainy typically stops at their own borders or against potential threats. They are isolationist and boring in greater context.

Blue is easily second best. Schemers who might just wind up doing some good in the long run, even if they are only in it for themselves. There motivation kind of stinks, but it's still realistic. The extent of their villainy is a bit less systematic though, While they will certainly stop at nothing to get what they want, what they want usually doesn't involve killing or converting every living thing that might stand in their way.
>>
>>46537140
I still think of him as colorless.
>>
>>46533971
Just saying bro, there's more to black than being evil, more to blue than underhandedness, more to white than lifegain, etc.
>>
>>46538240
/thread
>>
>>46531377
>best monocolor badguys
Blur
>best multicolor badguys
W/B
>>
>>46538653
*blue
How the fuck did I type blur
>>
>>46538246
If his effects required colorless mana he'd be truly colorless, he's U at heart
>>
>>46540287
Fair enough. He also fits the blue villain stereotype >>46538240 with an added touch of madness. White still does it better.
>>
>>46532057
Kamigawa had some fucking fantastic characters
>>
Pick a Ravnican guild.
Now write a concept for a villain in those colors.
>>
>>46534380
This post - a thing of true beauty. Raw aggresion, fury, rage, emotions. Beauty.
Also
>omg you spent $400 on digital pixels that will never give you your father's love back.
>>
>>46533446
Nazism would likely be WB precisely because it holds one particular collective over other collectives. It's essentially makes the collective an extension of the individual, "me and everyone like me before everyone else".

Communism could be argued to be a white ideal, however, because it generally thinks of the revolution as something global that all workers around the world will take part in.
>>
>>46541764
>Izzet
Master artificer, once brought prosperity to the plane he inhabits, but has a short temper. Upon a perceived slight at the hands of the king, he launches an all out war, pitting his machines against the king's more traditional (abzan colored) army, with the intent of destroying them utterly.
>>
>>46543017
>tfw no UR artificer legend
Wizards pls
>>
>>46543195
>no sets focusing on guildcolors vs their opposite wedge/shard color
wizards, pls
>>
>>46543216
That's 20 separate colour combinations.
>>
File: phyrexian_plaguelord_art.jpg (54 KB, 640x513) Image search: [Google]
phyrexian_plaguelord_art.jpg
54 KB, 640x513
Black
>>
>>46543538
It wouldn't have to be all at once, the concept is just an interesting one that hasn't really been done before.
>>
>>46538240
>Black is evil for the sake of evil. They want to corrupt and destroy everything, usually even killing themselves in the process. Ultimately this is the LOWEST tier of villain.

Confirmed for not knowing the color pie at all.

Black is evil for the sake of self.

Its villains aren't randomly destructive, that's Red. Black villains in Mt:G are concerned primarily with their own selfish interests.

Yawgmoth wasn't evil because lol. He was evil because he was a power-hungry asshole with a grudge. Similarly, Liliana isn't evil for the sake of it - everything she does she does out of self-interest.
>>
>>46538240
Nothing is evil for the sake of evil, retard, since evil is by definition that which ought not be done (according to the labeling such and such as evil).
>being a moral realist
>>
For me, black has the most memorable antagonist (Yawgmoth) and the most memorable protagonists (Umezawa, Sorin, Urza to a large extent).
>>
>>46531377
Red could be if they did it right. It's the most potentially complex motivator, but it's always generic "GRR I'M ANGRY, REEEEE" because of WOTC.
Imagine a a bad guy that's Obliterate: The Villain.
>>
>>46531377
Blue.
What? Urza counts.
>>
>>46544391
Urza was second best villain
>>
>>46532057
Kamigawa had the best hero too, in Toshi
>>
File: silicon and synapse.gif (19 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
silicon and synapse.gif
19 KB, 320x240
>>46534984
>In retrospect blizzard was never good.
They were good before they were named Blizzard.
Which I guess means you're technically correct.
>>
>>46534466

Hyperconformism isn't bad if everybody is conforming to a good standard

Also when you open your mind to the collective conscious, conforming isn't something you force yourself to do, it is entirely natural for living beings to harmonize
>>
Hitler was red white black in my mind and he did a lot of damage

Ted kaczynski was blue green and he was ruthless

Black blue is the color of corrupt cia agents and white collar criminals etc, arguably the most powerful real world villains besides maybe political despots

Joseph Kony and General buttnaked etc are rakdos red black, disturbing dudes, rakdos has a dark humor to it in real life as well though
>>
>>46545432

that's true in local communities and families.

It's less true when it comes to societies at large.

It's completely untrue when it comes to art and media.
>>
>>46543216
SoI is exactly that
>>
>>46545855
there's the sort of selesnya humans, and the rakdos vampires/dimir zombies, but those aren't one faction, and there's also the red/white angels and the red/green werewolves
>>
Yawgmoth is still the best villain magic has ever had. Read the Thran and tell me otherwise.
>>
>>46546727
It's Rakdos vampires vs Bant Humans
>>
Yoggy Bear is a shit bad guy
>>
>>46545432
quietmen pls go
>>
>>46548577
You shut your dirty mouth
>>
>>46547539
I'm not seeing many blue human things, other than jace related cards.
>>
>>46552339
Didn't Innistrad have Blue humans who were all "SCIENCE!!!" Frankenstein type guys into the unnatural studies?
>>
>>46554915
I know they added one or 2 in the newest. but yeah innistrad is the home of every horror monster movie creature ever thought up by mankind..
>>
>>46552339
Blue has humans. It just doesn't really focus on them heavily.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.