[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anybody here had a good experience with GMs good at sandbox and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
Anybody here had a good experience with GMs good at sandbox and improvising?

I'm depressed, the master of my group is a big douche that wants to force his plot in our group, and i have never found another GM that is better than him.
>>
>>46528005
Sounds like the players need to have a conversation with the GM about the kind of game they want to play and he wants to run.
>>
>>46528040
we already did that, and he doesn't want to change, he already ruined his last group. His only excuse was an epigram (We speak spanish btw): "old dogs don't change"
>>
>>46528104
Then why are you still playing with him?
>>
>>46528104
Take up the mantle anon, be the hero your group needs.
>>
>>46528104
That's what you get for playing with a spainard/mexican
>>
>>46528316
Yeah i just quit playing with him, also his plot was dumb and basic, i just wanted to read good stories about good gms.

>>46528597
Yeah! That's what i want to do, i'll lead a numenera game, then Eclipse Phase and maybe Vampire the Requiem at the end.

>>46528635
We're chilean tee-hee
>>
bump for experiences
>>
>>46528005
Current GM is actually pretty good at improvising.
It's just that when he plans anything it's total garbage.
>>
>>46528005
there is only one way to do it well, and it's the West Marches game

http://arsludi.lamemage.com/index.php/78/grand-experiments-west-marches/

it takes some planning but it's worth it
>>
>>46532189
So your game doesn't have a good metaplot?

>>46532231
nice, i'll give it a look. Tho i think improvisation is a personal quality
>>
>>46528104
>he doesn't want to change, he already ruined his last group

Holy shit, get up there and DM bro.

Right now he's being smug because he believes he's vital to your group. DM and show him he's just another guy, no more necessary than anyone else.
>>
>>46533055
Well we play in his house so he has a point, and i'm pretty sure he's not going to play with us if i DM, but i'll do it.
Btw, i wanted to read stories about good DMs :(
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.