[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Having a homebrew roleplay that does not have humans. Elves,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
Having a homebrew roleplay that does not have humans. Elves, gnomes, goblins, and what-have-you exist, but there is not any normal humans. Good idea or bad idea?
>>
>>46526732
So pugmire?
>>
>>46526862
Sure. I don't really care about the specific games that do this, I'm just asking if it's a good idea or not, and how people feel about it.
>>
You can't really judge a setting from whether or not there's humans in it. You could just try to see where everything takes you and THEN decide if it's good or bad.
>>
>>46526905
I'm fine with it, though you need to make the other races have way more holdings on the land, seeing as humans are always the ones with towns and cities everywhere.
>>
>>46526732
You're trying to base whether or not a game will be good based on a (likely) arbitrary decision for it to not include humans?

That's like asking is breakfast is going to be good just because you're having waffles and crepes but no pancakes.

It's also incredibly silly to ask, since you won't know until you actually play it. You're asking us to form your opinion for you, based on a massive number of clashing opinions and probably a bunch of stupid bullshit as well, rather than trying it and making your own decision.

You'd be better off playing it, making your choice on whether it's good or bad, then coming back and making a thread outlining why you feel the way you did and asking other anons what their experiences were like.
>>
>>46526732
What are they all collectively called, then? It wouldn't make sense to call them "humanoids" anymore, if humans don't exist. Maybe humans are a mythical creature?
>>
>>46526732
People seem to like the Llorwyn/Shadowmoor setting.
>>
>>46526732
No. Human race bestest race.
>>
>>46527321
Stop making sense, you crazy fucker.
>>
>>46526732
At least add slavs.
>>
Why don't you want to have humans ?

Your answer to that is going to be what makes it a good or bad idea. Because your motivation tells us a lot about other details of the setting.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.