[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would it be like to walk on water, frozen in time?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 23-dead36[1].jpg (57 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
23-dead36[1].jpg
57 KB, 640x480
What would it be like to walk on water, frozen in time?
>>
If outside, wibbly wobbly ice.
>>
>>46526357
Is it just the water that's frozen in time, or is it the entire world and you're the only thing that can move? Because if it's the first the water will act like ice, and if it's the second you'll probably sink into it normally just like how you can move through the air normally despite it being frozen.
>>
File: 2-dead11[1].jpg (59 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
2-dead11[1].jpg
59 KB, 640x480
>>46526387
>>46526435
I guess it could be like ice, just unusually warm for the sake of story.
>>
>>46526435
Just let it go.
>>
>>46526608
But it's frozen in time. Either it is allowed to move or it isn't.
If it's allowed to move then it's not ice-like. If it's not allowed to move then it doesn't have temperature either.
Which makes your journey across the water sort of like a journey through space. There is nothing for you to interact with, but you are still leaking heat (through radiation).
>>
Exactly like walking on solid ground with the added hassle of avoiding patches of frozen spray.
>>
>>46526664
True. I could always proclaim "magic" as to why they don't need Frost Protection +Quadrillion.
>>
>>46526768
You don't need frost protection. You are not touching anything cold.
You need a radiation barrier.
>>
>>46526357
Well molecularly I've heard that glass resembles a fluid frozen in time, so I imagine it would be like walking on uneven glass.

>>46526387
Ice is crystalline in nature. Also if it's frozen in time then it won't partially melt which is what causes the slipperiness of normal ice.
>>
>>46526803
>>46526768
>>46526664
You'd actually need some way to dissipate heat faster than you normally can. Convection is far more efficient at heat exchange than radiation is. But you body would still be producing the same amount of heat as you would in a normal environment.
>>
>>46526860
An easy way to do it is say that whatever effect is keeping you in time (As opposed to everything else's out of time) extends just a bit beyond your surface area. So the air you are touching is back in time and back at its normal temperature.
Of course, if that's the case, then you'll fall into water as if it weren't time-locked, and there'd have to be some kind of compensation effect that prevents things from ripping themselves apart when thin sections of them start moving as if time were moving while the rest stays still and out of time.
>>
Stuff frozen in time by magic; On one hand, heat is the motion of molecules and particles so matter that is time-frozen is technically at absolute zero temperature and thus as cold as it possibly could. On the other hand, magic keeps it inert so the heat conductivity is also zero, and you cannot get a feel of it's temperature by touching it and having a heat loss/gain exchange.
>>
Alright I think I got it /tg/. Thanks for helping me with this. Now I'll need to get to work on somehow mapping this area out.
>>
It would be like walking on concrete.
>>
Come to think of it, wouldn't the stuff be completely frictionless?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.