[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Zombie Outbreak Quest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 182
Thread images: 3
File: zombie swarm.jpg (62 KB, 615x449) Image search: [Google]
zombie swarm.jpg
62 KB, 615x449
I'm a bit bored and thought I'd try my luck at running a little zombie campaign for fun, so I need 4-5 people to pick a character, rolls for attack or perception and such will be made on D100!

Feral - A fast aggressive zombie that balances out nicely

Stalker - A stealthy and mutated zombie that is a glass cannon

Brute - A swollen strong zombie, giant in size but quite stupid

Armoured - A large zombie with bone plates and protrusions on its body for protection

Toxic - A zombie that leaks toxic gas and can compress and emit a large deadly cloud

Puker - A bloated sickly zombie, durable but slow, able to puke heavily acidic vomit

Alpha - A relatively normal zombie but with far heightened intelligence able to notice things easier, can command hordes easier

Mimic - Smart and able to slightly change features and mimic speech
>>
>>46521648
OP bump
>>
so whats the story of said quest?
>>
>>46521648
Interested? Are we going to make our own chars or premade?
>>
>>46521945
>>46521924
Pick one of the zombie classes to play (if you could set your name as said zombie class it would be super helpful in identifying who is who)

Currently you are experiments locked in a lab waiting for your chance to spread your infection
>>
>>46521984

also how does one roll?
>>
>>46521648
>Alpha
Come co workers we have work to do.
>>
Hola, brlghhhhhh
>>
>>46522014
>How to roll dice: "dice+2d6" without the quotes in the email field rolls 2d6. "dice+5d42+23" rolls 5d42+23. "noko+dice+2d6" rolls 2d6 without showing the roll in the email field.

Use a D100 to determine rolls, certain zombies are better at attacking, faster, grappling or perception.
>>
>>46521984
How long do you anticipate running for?

Are no duplicates of classes allowed?
>>
File: puker.jpg (450 KB, 1290x2352) Image search: [Google]
puker.jpg
450 KB, 1290x2352
>>46522039
>>46522042
Will wait for a couple more to choose before starting
>>
>>46522067
I got a good few hours to spare, will probably pick it up again another night if it goes well. Also preferably everyone pick separate classes, would be more interesting
>>
We're going to utterly fail to escape the lab, aren't we?
>>
>>46522156
Lets hope not! Wait for 1 or 2 more? Or shall I get ready to go?
>>
alright lets get this jail break rollling
>>
>>46522047
im assuming you'll say when to roll which?
>>
>>46521648
You are all sat within your containment units like any other day. Thick reinforced glass keeps you all separate with large sturdy locked doors keeping you from exiting. Inside the immaculate room you are all being detained in is lab equipment and a handful of employees playing with beakers and machinery. The chat amongst themselves as a couple pace back and forth inspecting you. The Puker is heaped in a corner of his acid resistant cell drooling burning hot slimy strands to the floor. The stalker clings to the wall with its razor sharp claws. The Alpha simply stands motionless maintaining eye contact with the workers as they pass by. The Brutes fists clench and muscles flex as it paces the room angrily. The steady hum of the lights falters for few seconds and a click can be heard. The room is suddenly bathed in darkness, within a moment the lights flicker back on then off. Red emergency lights bathe the room and siren starts blaring into the room. A commotion can be heard in the distance of the building and the doors to your cells give a mechanical clunk.

>Roll for perception of the environment
or
>Roll to attack the door
>>
Rolled 18 (1d100)

>>46522182
Study.
>>
Rolled 6, 2 = 8 (2d6)

>>46522255
might as well take a look around before doing something stupid
>>
Rolled 48 (1d100)

>>46522255
Is it always a flat 1d100, or do we declare what we're rolling for first and have you tell us what to roll?
>>
>>46522319
I know what you are rolling for and I can let you know if that's any help? But yeah ill always leave it at a 1d100
>>
Too late for me to join?
>>
>>46522307
Been a while since ive rolled but try just typing dice+1d100
>>
Rolled 15 (1d100)

>>46522413

ok ill re roll and look at whos outside my cell
>>
>>46522400
No go ahead!
>>
Rolled 81 (1d100)

I'll fiddle around with my hands and see how far I'm able to alter them. And also look around.
>>
>>46522255
The scientists realise the cell doors have unlocked and several near the entrance of the room begin sprinting for the door, 5 employees are in the corner of the room and are glancing nervously to the front door, which means running past you, one picks up a scalpel and whimpers. Siren still ringing in your undead ears . The alpha takes a few steps forwards largely ignoring the rest of room and pushes the door ajar, he looks up and urges the others to do the same. He seems to have taken in very little of his surroundings save for the door., the stalker is the first to join as it leaps down from the wall and pushes the door open, its nasal cavity smelling the air it notices an air vent cantered in the room. The Brute stands idly in the cell looking around agitated, upon making eye contact with the alpha it feels the urge to move towards its cell door, with a clenched fist it effortlessly swings the door ajar. Two scientists begin sprinting from their corner to the door in a blind panic, the other 3 arm themselves with various equipment. The puker and the mimic are the last to react and on watching the alpha they too open the door. The mimic uses his altering ability, although limited he is able to change hand size to a degree, with finger length and general structure he looks around the room and notices a sign saying “Holding Zone C”

>Roll to attack the 2 scientists
>Roll to attack the 3 armed scientists in the corner
>Head to the door
>Other
>>
>>46521648
Armored reporting in

How often you planning to update?
>>
>>46522602
I'll be here for at least 2+ hours and if this goes well i'll pick it up another night too. Feel free to join in
>>
Rolled 96 (1d100)

>>46522577
ill smash those 3 pieces of meat im sure im hungry after being locked up
>>
Rolled 43 (1d100)

I'll push the door open to block the scientists, maybe trip one up. Not leaping at them.
>>
>>46522638
>>46522687
I'll wait for the others to respond before continuing, however if after 5-10 minutes they haven't ill just carry on
>>
Rolled 28 (1d100)

>>46522577
Climb the walls and retreat out of sight onto the ceiling. Attempt to assess the nature and limits of my abilities.

Once the armed scientists are distracted with the others, drop on one of them and slam a claw through his neck.
>>
Rolled 6 (1d100)

>>46522577
>>Roll to attack the 2 scientists
Sorry got hungry.
>>
Rolled 4, 94 = 98 (2d100)

>>46522577
Attack the armed men
>>
Rolled 97, 92 = 189 (2d100)

>>46522842
I'm the armored guy, btw
>>
>>46522577
The Mimic pushes his door open further but the scientists side step it and carry on sprinting, the mimic does however catch ones foot tripping him to the floor, he scurries across the floor on his belly crying for his friend. The alpha attempts to grab the fleeing scientist but misses and he sprints out the door. Alpha spins around to help the Mimic tear apart the one on the floor. The Brute spins around and roars seeing the 3 men in the corner. It sprints forward on its knuckles like a gorilla and leaps forward. One employee tries sidestepping the Brute and is thrown effortleslly against the wall. The other 2 attempt to stab at him with scalpels and broken glass, this only infuriates the beast as he pins them both down and begins tearing chunks from their stomach with his powerful jaw. The stalker leaps onto the ceiling clinging to it briefly and clumsily, it takes slow but effective steps towards the brute who is tearing the 2 men apart and drops onto the 3rd who was thrown, claws rip his throat open killing him instantly, the stalker begins lapping as the blood spilling out of him.
After a brief moment of eating the corpses begin to spasm and shudder, 4 zombies stand up and seem to have inherited very slight traits from their infectors. Over the intercom a noise can be heard declaring something to do with security personal

Feel free to be inventive with your “other choices” ill try to make them work

>2 tough zombies
>1 Shredder zombie
>1 smart zombie

Zombies are drawn to noise or visual stimuli, alternatively the alpha can use a perception roll (15+ for a sloppy command or 30+ for an effective one) to command them

>Roll for perception
>Investigate vent
>Investigate door
>Other
>>
>>46522870
>>46522842
Sorry must have just missed you, assume you have just left your cell joining the rest
>>
>>46522577
>Head to the door
How about a bit of background? Are we a alpha zombie? If so we should do our own stuff and find others to command. If we do what this other zombie wants it more or less means we are under that alphas command.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d100)

>>46522899
>Roll for perception
>Investigate vent
Seek things of use and shun the light. Darkness is obscurity, and darkness is safety.
>>
>>46522918
We currently have an anon playing as a brute, alpha, mimic, stalker, armoured and MAYBE puker but he seems to have disappeared. The alpha is the only one able to directly command the zombies but the others can guide them in the right direction via sounds or visual stimuli. Everyone rolls for their own shit
>>
>>46522899
>1 smart zombie
>Investigate vent
They'll be expecting us in the doorways, lets surprise some unsuspecting guards or undefended workers easy.
>>
Rolled 70 (1d100)

>>46522899
>Investigate door
Horde Follow, Tough ones up front.

>>46522961
Counting on you Friend stalker to see what in the vents. I not climb so good.
>>
>>46522980
I don't know who you are, try having a name as a zombie, tocix? feral? puker?
>>
>>46522899
roll to check the hallway for anymore threats
>>
>>46523041
(you have to roll)
>>46522995
Also roll for zombie commands
>>
I'm gonna go collect the scalpel because it looks nice, and then pull one of the tough zombies after me and try to climb on it to get at the vent. I shall aid my brother in opening it, perhaps pulling it down. Also I'll be quietly trying to imitate the screams.
>>
>>46522995
ill follow you
>>
Rolled 22 (1d100)

>>46523072
Forgot to roll. Also I'll try to get some clothes, and rifle through pockets for keycards and what have you. If there are spares, I'll throw them to the alpha before going on the vent adventure.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d100)

>>46523055
Rolling

>>46523076
[Zombie Nod]
>>
>>46523126
Maybe you should give a command to Puker, since it's not clear what he's doing and his player seems to have disappeared for the moment?
>>
>>46522899
The Alpha and the Brute move towards the door, while the zombies bumble around the room. The stalker crawls around the room sniffing the air and glances at the vent but ignores it. The Mimic rummages through the zombies and the equipment, largely ignoring everything, it picks up a spare lab coat and awkwardly drapes it overself in a rather unconvincing fashion. The alpha and brute reach the doorway and the door automatically opens. The lighting shifts from red back to normal as the generators kick back in. The door opens onto a corridor, to the left is stairs leading up, to the right the hallway curves around a corner. From somewhere far up the stairs a lot of footsteps can be heard.

>Roll for vent perception
>Roll for general perception
>Follow corridor to stairs
>Follow corridor around corner
>Stay in room
>Other

Alpha
>Command zombies
>2 tough zombies
>1 smart zombie
>1 shredder zombie
>>
>>46523094
Also the mimic can use perception rolls to attempt to mimic human speech if you state it

Or perception to attempt a physical change
>>
>>46523193
ill hide under the stairway and surprise the response team
>>46523126
maybe command a few zeds for a distraction?
>>
Rolled 88, 4 = 92 (2d100)

>>46523193
>Roll for general perception
>Roll for vent perception
Or am I not allowed to do this since I've already failed a roll? In which case swap out vent perception for:
>Follow corridor around corner, clinging to the ceiling the entire time
>>
Rolled 37 (1d100)

Meta-Question: How well can we communicate between ourselves? Is it assumed that we know what everyone else is doing, and can we relay complex ideas to the Alpha?

Rolling to look like a scientist.
>>
Rolled 89, 8 = 97 (2d100)

>>46523173
Eh, I was hoping a new person would join in to take it.

----

... I want to say we set a trap at the stairs for those footsteps or take a look around for more people.

>>46523243
Alright if your backing me we can do this.

>>46523193
>Follow corridor to stairs

>Horde Follow
We use tough to bait.

I wonder if it would be worth while to said the smart and shredder to hunt in the corridor around corner.
>>
>>46523248
If you failed vent perception (like last time) you can re roll it next turn! no problem

>>46523267
You can see what eachother is doing, the mimic has a greater understanding of human behaviour than most (save the alpha) and the alpha is able to primitively relay ideas and "orders"
>>
>>46523318
roll for surprise attack
>>
File: 1450496782415.jpg (154 KB, 640x468) Image search: [Google]
1450496782415.jpg
154 KB, 640x468
Rolled 51 (1d100)

Man I roll really low on getting our co workers to follow.

>>46523360
dice+1d100 under name if that helps.
>>
>>46523387
>>
>>46523400
>>
>>46523400
Hm, you have the options field to fill it in?
>>
Rolled 56 (1d100)

>>46523429
>>
>>46523193
The Stalker leaps up towards the vent and uses it claws to pry and slash it open, it climbs inside and follows it down, the vent opens again over the corridor halfway between the holding room and the stairway. The Brute bounds forward and shuffles under the stairs breathing deeply and angrily. The alpha strides into the corridor with the 4 zombies shuffling in front of him, the mimic follows behind him rearranging his lab coat and wearing it properly, although he is still a naked corpse in a coat. Voices can be heard coming down the stairs “fuck this company, we gotta get what evidence we can and leave” another voice replies “Security is on its way we dont have long, they cant be more than a few floors above us”
3 People leap down the stairs and sprint around the corner, they skid to a halt as they see the Alpha and the zombies, the woman screams and stumbles backwards into the stairwell. The stalker is almost directly above them, its tongue twirling over the grating of the vent in anticipation
The “employees” are unarmed and frozen in shock.

>Roll to attack
>Roll for perception
>Wait
>Let them pass
>Other
>>
>>46523509
Are my claws currently my only means of attack?
>>
Rolled 91 (1d100)

>>46523509
roll to smash the stumbled women
>>
>>46523557
Claws and teeth, you are able to leap as well, I also imagine you to be kind like a resident evil licker, so maybe some tongue noose action if you want
>>
Rolled 72 (1d100)

>>46523509
>Wait
I assume I'm not smart to the point of using people to help us. So I will let the others attack and help to get the fighting type zombies to spawn.
>>
>>46521648
Anyone is welcome to take over puker or Toxic or Feral, maybe even armoured? Havent heard from him in a bit
>>
Rolled 97, 85 = 182 (2d100)

>>46523509
>>46523583
Cool.
>Quietly pry one of the gaps in the vent wide enough for my tongue to fit through, and use it to grab one of the humans once they're distracted
>Perception as usual

Wonder how the virus spreads. It would be nice if we could infect some NPCs to get our Alpha some minions, because his command ability honestly isn't doing too much right now.
>>
>>46523509
Lurking,
I like the idea of this.
>>
>>46523783
Feel free to pick a character!
>>
>>46523783
Aw you could play our MIA Puker or something. We could use more cohorts in this harsh new world.
>>
>>46523509
From under the stairs the Brute emerges. The woman turns her neck and opens her mouth to scream but an open palm flattens her ribs against the wall and she makes a crunching wet sound as she is crushed, the Brute moves forward and sinks his teeth into her fleshy exposed arm. The other 2 twist around in horror as the brute drops her lifeless corpse to the floor and blocks the stairwell. One screams “Annie!” before the other grabs him, they try taking their chances with the horde in the corridor than the stairs. The alpha stands motionless observing the 2 running civillians. Ones body jerks violently as he is hoisted up towards the ceiling, a long thick barbed tongue slices into his throat while pulling him towards the vent. He jerks violently choking on his blood. His friend in tears pulling on his legs as the zombie minions pull him to the floor and begin feasting on him. The hanged civillians body goes limp and the stalker drops him, its keen senses hear heavier footsteps approaching once more, 3 or 4 flight of stairs up. The 3 bodies reanimate within seconds and join your ranks

>3 tough zombies
>3 shredder zombies
>1 smart zombie

They stand around in the hallway between the Brute and Alpha/ Mimic

>Wait
>Go back into room
>Go down corridor
>Go towards stairs
>Roll for Perception
>Alpha may also Roll for Horde commands
>Other
>>
Rolled 66 (1d100)

>>46523848
>>46523805

Oke, sounds good..

>>46523509

These humans, make me wanna eauheugh

>roll to attack.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d100)

Imma follow on behind the alpha. Also, if I can figure out it's a good idea, I'll give the stalker my scalpel, loot the new zombies, and readjust my coat.
>>
>>46523921
Whoops sorry already moved on! But glad to have you on board!
>>
Rolled 4 (1d100)

>>46523889
>Move quietly through the vents to scout out what is coming down the stairs
>>
Rolled 97 (1d100)

>>46523921
>>46523889
well fk me, i missed it.

>>vomit upwards at the ceiling, so i can destroy with my acid vomit, creating a more direct path up for the stalker
>>
Rolled 83, 87 = 170 (2d100)

>>46523889
Not sure of the lay out. But I will hide under the stairs with the shredder zombies and have the 3 tough and smart zombies bait the ones coming to get them to follow and I can come from behind.

Hopefully limiting the sounds made from us.
>>
>>46524087
... my English just went to hell.

I will hide under the stairs with the 3 shredder zombies. Have the 3 tough and smart zombie bait the ones coming. As an attempt to get them to follow and I can come from behind.
>>
>>46523889
The puker stumbles out of the room late to the party, it looks around and feels its throat tighten and belly swell, it looks upwards and vomits past the vent against the ceiling, the ceiling begins to crumble and fall away revealing a hole large enough for a full grown man to fit through, the room above sounds quiet. The stalker shuffles about but is too distracted by the sound of the vomit to do anything else. The alphas moves quickly to join the brute with 3 shredder zombies, they cram themselves under the stairwell, the Brute gets the general idea of this and stays hidden.

6 men in security gear drop uniformly down the stairs into the corridor, they are armed with pistols and come to a sharp halt upon seeing the horde of zombies, they stand shoulder to shoulder with 2 rows of three men each, the three in front raise their pistols “stand down” one shouts.
“They dont understand you, they arent human” the other snaps
The front row of men are directly under the vent shaft while the 3 behind are close to the stairwell entrance. The 3 Tough zombies and Smart zombie shield the puker and move forward. The group of men open fire, a volley of bullets rip into the zombies and take down 1 of the Tough zombies.

>Roll to attack
>Roll for perception
>Head upstairs
>Head down corridor
>Other
>>
Rolled 49 (1d100)

I'm gonna try to say 'Why should we?' and look to the alpha.
>>
Rolled 80, 49 = 129 (2d100)

>>46524237
>Head up to the next vent up the stairs, tear it open while masked by the sounds of gunfire, and drop out of the shaft
>Then circle round quietly behind the humans and take out as much of the back row as possible, retreating up the wall of the stairwell once they start to notice
>>
Rolled 59, 13 = 72 (2d100)

>>46524340
[Zombie shrug]

>>46524237
>>Roll to attack with horde
Now or never.
>>
>>46524341
Puker made a superior path for you, melted a path in the ceiling
>>
Rolled 85 (1d100)

>>46524237
Just finished eating,

>roll to attack Puke on the guys aiming to distract them.
>>
>>46524237
The stalker moves forwards in the vents and exits in the stairwell climbing down the wall, it rejoins with the Alpha, zombies and Brute. It crawls rapidly down the wall and leaps from the ceiling onto the back row, it knocks one man down and savages his throat, the other 2 quickly turn their pistols around to kill it, but see the alpha and the other zombies emerging from the stairwell, they open fire, hitting the alpha in the shoulder, the 3 shredder zombies block the alpha from further harm and begin clawing and the 2 men, another shot goes off killing one of the shredders. In the commotion the Stalker leaps back against the wall and crawls back into the stairwell. The other 2 men are dragged down by the alpha and zombies. On the front row the puker stumbles forward past the horde and belches a hot wave of acid into the shocked face of one of the security personal, he scream s and clutches at his face, shrieking about his eyes, he claws hopelessly at his bubbling head collapsing on the floor. The puker then grapples another guard who drops his gun, the mimic then joins the puker and grabs the mans head mumbling the words “...Shoul..d we?” the man stares in horror as the puker begin pulling chunks from him. The last man is overwhelemed by the horde. The Brute stumbles out of the stairwell afterwards watching the bodies reanimate

>2 tough zombies
>6 Shredder zombies
>1 smart zombie
>2 toxic zombie

>Go upstairs
>Follow corridor around
>Roll for Perception
>Other
>>
>>46524677
Oh yeah

>Perception for hole that was melted in ceiling
>>
Rolled 92 (1d100)

>>46524677
i say we keep pushing ahead and look for more potential comrads
>>
Rolled 73 (1d100)

>>46524677
>Back into the vents, scout out upstairs
>Perception all day erryday
>>
>>46524750
That a vote for the stairs? Or corridor?
>>
Rolled 78 (1d100)

>>46524771
down the corridor,maybe there are other experiments to free
>>
Rolled 95, 65 = 160 (2d100)

>>46524677
>>Follow corridor around
I want to see if there is anything else on our floor before moving up. There could be others locked up like us.

Order the smart and half the horde to follow Brutus. The others with me.
>>
I'm gonna take me some security uniform, and lots of pistols, to add to my collection of stuff. I'll also try crying "Annie". I figure I'll try to give the Alpha a pistol, because I reckon he can use it. I'll also try firing a bullet into the floor.

Meta Question: Do we have a basic understanding of human stuff like guns? And if we kill someone, say with a gun, or severely wound them, can we then still infect them? Do we know?
>>
Rolled 2 (1d100)

>>46524944
Forgot to roll. Also, I vote for protecting the stairs and scouting the corridor.
>>
>>46524944
Just to make the game run smoother ill assume everything you kill you eat or bite, so it will reanimate, you don't really have much understanding but yeah you can grasp basic concepts via perception, Also roll for it
>>
>>46524677
The mimic begins pulling bits of clothing or items off the zombies, it grabs a pistol and stares blankly at it, handing it to the alpha. It opens its mouth in an attempt to mimic words but nothing of sense comes out. The Alpha and Brute push past the zombies to see whats around the corner, the alpha makes a rasping grunt and the lower zombies follow them instincually, there only seems to be another room and 1 large locked door around the corner, inside the open room are cells like yours. There are 6 tough zombies walking aimlessly around the room, a couple still in their open cells. You oreder them to join your ranks. Leading your small mob of zombies back into the corridor. The stalkers natural curiosity causes him to explore the ceiling hole, inside is a small but solid room with many monitors inside, the Stalker has little room to maneouver in here and slides back out and goes into the vent, crawling up to the floor above.

>8 tough zombies
>6 shredder
>2 toxic
>1 smart
>Attack door
>Investigate door
>Investigate hole
>Head upstairs
>Other
>>
Rolled 26 (1d100)

>>46524841
>>follow this guy around.

He seems like smart fellow.
Perhaps smelt the doors blocking the way.
>>
>>46525043
Fuck everything,
> i'm heading upstairs.
>>
Rolled 18 (1d100)

>>46525043
>Peer out of any and all vents on the floor, looking for locations of interest.
>>
Rolled 87 (1d100)

>>46525043
ill see if i can do something about that door
>>
Rolled 31 (1d100)

>>46525068
Aw I was gonna ask you to acid the large locked door.

>>46525043
>Investigate door
>>
>>46525119
>>46525068
maybe a bit of team work could bring it down
>>
>>46525043
The Alpha presses his hands against the door and then steps back and looks at the brute, the Brute roars and charges forward slamming his wegith into it. The door buckels and half of it caves in. The room is huge although it seems to be empty. There are many air vents and pumps in the room, The alpha steps in after the Brute and sees the sign “Air Filteration” on one of the machines. The puker shambles past the horde, eager to hunt more prey, long strands of saliva dribbling onto the floor below it, it shambles upstairs to rejoing the stalker. The stalker sensing its brothers incoming arrival scouts ahead peering through the vents, it cant see anything of use but does notice 2 men with rifles on the radio turning the corner “We have a breach, its not just the activists, the experiments are loose, kill anything that comes up those stairs”
“Yes sir” the man replies through the radio
The 2 men stop a few metres from the stairs and raise their guns waiting, they are steady but visibly nervous. The Stalker follows the men quietly to the nearest vent he can see them from, mere feet away from them.

Stalker and Puker
>Retreat
>Attack men
>Wait
>Other

Everyone Else
>Examine air filteration system
>Examine hole in ceiling
>Head to stairway
>Other

>8 tough zombies (tougher than other zombies)
>6 shredder (more violent and slightly faster)
>2 toxic (exude toxic gasses)
>1 smart (follows orders and has a better understanding of things)
>>
Rolled 19 (1d100)

Search for more things! Keys, wallets, string, gum, combat gear. And more attempts at talking! Plus, more fiddling with the gun. Might shoot someone, but it'd be a handy skill, plus I'm too foolish to know the risk.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d100)

>>46525269
im gonna look for something i can trow at the guards/use as a weapon
>>
Rolled 67, 90 = 157 (2d100)

>>46525269
>>Examine air filteration system
We got some toxic zombies to use.
>>
Rolled 39 (1d100)

>>46525269
>Wait for Puker to close in
>Once the Puker is near enough that he (it?) can provide backup, drop out of the vent, attacking one of the men with my tongue and the other with my claws. Focus primarily on disarming rather than killing, until the men are unable to fight back.
>>
Rolled 69 (1d100)

>>46525434
Helping the man with the plan.
>>
>>46525434
Come on puker where you at?

Armoured should come back too!
>>
>>46525474
>>46525473
>>46525434

doing what i do best viral.
Eueahuehguhu
>>
>>46525269
The mimic continues searching the crowd and the floor, picking up another pistol but having no luck in figuring out the mechanism, he parrots some words, although slurred “stan...d ..down”
(once a phrase has been said it becomes much easier to repeat it)
The Alpha claws at the machine and growls until he manages to rip a vent cover off, he calls over the zombies and physically pushes the toxic zombies against it. They wheeze and cough clouds of pugnant disease into the filteration system. They stay against the machine pumping more and more noxious gas, all the while the Brute drags its heavy hands across the floor growling. The Alpha, Brute and zombies leave the room and rejoin with the mimic in the corridor. The Mimic still holding the gun attempting to repeat the words it just uttered, its decayed jaw moving around its face in a disturbing fashion.
The Puker steps out into the corridor, the men look repulsed byt its bloated belly and melted jaw, they open fire while it stumbles quickly towards them. As soon as the Puker enter the corridor the stalker rips through the vent grating and climbs its way down to the ceiling, it attempts to swipe at one of the men but misses, its tongue grabs the others arm pulling it up making him shoot the ceiling. The man spins around trying to aim the gun at the Stalker but its tongue is shaking him from side to side, they are locked in a grapple. The puker takes a few body shots from the other rifleman causing it to stumble, believing its far away enough the man turns to help his comrade but begins screaming and slapping at his back as acid eats through his protective gear into his spine, he collapses onto his front while the damaged puker begins gnawing on the throat of the other soldier.

>8 tough zombies
>6 shredder
>1 smart

Puker and Stalker
>Roll for perception
>Proceed down the corridor
>Wait
>Go back downstairs
>Other

>2 toxic zombies join you here

Others
>Investigate hole
>Head upstairs
>Other
>>
Rolled 36 (1d100)

>>46525607
>Roll for perception
>Loot the reanimating bodies for anything interesting
>Back into vents and continue scouting
>Look for a way the others can get into that monitor room from earlier?
>>
Rolled 88 (1d100)

>>46525607
head back to the stair way incase more guards come
and push up the stairs
>>
>>46525607
>roll for perception
>try to figure out if i can use the dead body to heal myself. say rip out his intestines to fill the bullet holes.

All the while screaming at the alpha,mimic,brute.
HUMIES HURT MEEEE
>>
Rolled 91 (1d100)

>>46525752
and here's my roll.
>>
Rolled 92, 58 = 150 (2d100)

>>46525607
>>Head upstairs
Must join others.
>>
Rolled 12 (1d100)

Go find the Puker, screaming "stand down!". I'll help finish the job with my handy scalpel and maybe bludgeon him with the gun. Then, I'll ask the Puker how guns work.
>>
Rolled 79 (1d100)

>>46525824
Smile seeing the mimic bringing me food. It looks weird, but he clearly wants me to eat it.

>rolling so i can insta eat the gun
>>
>>46525607
>>8 tough zombies >6 shredder >1 smart
The Stalker scouts via the ceiling and looks for other rooms of interest, finding nothing of interest except a locked door for the monitor room, its about to climb back into the vent when it hears the whimpering of a person a few floors down, it crawls quickly into the vent and surveys the room. The scientist who escaped earlier is cowering under a desk. The Puker prods at its bullet wounds, although hurt it will heal over time, it turns its head when a mans voice yells authoritvely “Stand down”
The Mimic walks out of the stairs holding a gun and stares at the puker shouting again “Stand down”
The puker stares blankly back, this repeats a few times until the alpha and Brute climb the stairs followed by the mob of zombies, they moan and shuffle and begin spreading into the corridor. The stairs keep rising a few more floors but the zombies catch their breath and gather.

>Head further upstairs
>Attack locked monitor room door
>Go explore room stalker is surveying
>Other

Stalker
>Attack man
>Wait
>Other

>8 tough zombies
>6 shredder
>1 smart
>>
>>46525950
>2 toxic as well

(Dunno what happened at the top)
>>
Rolled 99 (1d100)

>>46525950
>go knock down the door to the monitor room

maybe the brain boy will figure something out
>>
>>46525950
>Wait
See if the man does anything.
>>
Rolled 20 (1d100)

>>46525950

Go check what the stalker is doing, Last time his plan fucked me over. I betcha this time, that wont happen eh.

>>
Rolled 28 (1d100)

>>46525950
I'll be pressing the gun aggravatedly against the puker. I will then aggravatedly shout "need person" and try to turn into a person.
>>
Rolled 60 (1d100)

>>46525950
Horde scout.

Attempt wave and speaking "fuck this company" that sound like a greeting.
>>
Rolled 6 (1d100)

>>46526127
>Rolling to eat the food jack is bringing me.
one moment he's telling me to stand down, and the other moment, he wants me to eat food.

Life is hard for a zombie.
>>
Rolled 8 (1d100)

>>46526173
Whoops one more roll.
>>
>>46525950
The stalker watches through the vent as the mans hand fumbles through the draws in his desk, his eyes teary, he eventually grabs a keycard and looks relieved, he steps up to move towards the door, as he does he hears a heavy crash. The brute having thrown its arms against the monitor room door has completely smashed through. The room is almost too small for the Brute to fit in and there appears to be a console near the monitors.
The man in the room attempts once again to leave the room but the puker shambles into the doorway, followed by the mimic making guttural sounds and waving a pistol around. The man bursts into tears again and stumbles back against his desk. Behind the 2 zombies the Alpha walks in and waves, before rasping some incoherent words. The man simply looks horrified and falls to his knees crying. The zombies spread out in the hallway looking around

>Kill man
>Leave man
>Explore Monitor room
>Head upstairs
>Other

>8 tough zombies
>6 shredder
>1 smart
>2 toxic zombies
>>
Rolled 1 (1d100)

>>46526227
>>46526127

seeing i failed my eat the gun, with a 6.
I suggest giving the gun to the man, so we learn how it works.

>Rolling to convey this to the mimic.
>>
Rolled 69 (1d100)

>>46526227
>>Leave man
Stand?

>Explore Monitor room
What Brutus doing.
>>
Rolled 34 (1d100)

>>46526227
>head upstairs and guard the way down
>>
Rolled 10, 92, 17 = 119 (3d100)

I guess I follow the Alpha's lead here. Let's get a human friend. "Hello, we have minds." I will speak as slowly as I can, and repeat if I screw up. I'm gonna try three times.
>>
Rolled 69 (1d100)

>>46526227
It's too noisy here now.
>Leave and head upstairs through the vents again to look around more, going one floor higher than previously.
>>
>>46526227
The alpha leaves the room, the man huddled in a corner still whimpering. Entering the monitor room, his eyes scan each one, they appear to show other rooms, on one row of cameras labelled 6 he can see the toxic zombies breathing fumes into the air ventilation system and their cells. Many of the screens are empty, then a row of screen labelled 1 are filled with dozens of scientists and at least 10 armed guards, they seem to be letting people out 1 by 1, behind them is a very heavy reinforced door.
The Stalker silently slips out of the room and heads further upstairs, the air is starting smell more putrid. He can hear faint noises a few floors above.
The mimic stands over the crying man, holding his gun “stand down” the man looks up in horror “what?!” he cries. The mimic opens its mouth again “We have stand down” “What” “We have mind” it mumbles, the man looks confused and clutches his keycard tightly “Please, please i’ll help you get out, i can scan you out” the mimic stares at the man “Stand down, minds” it mumbles at the confused man
The brute bored of standing still stomps his way up a flight of stairs, filling the entire staircase with his broad shoudlers and decayed barrel chest.
>Head upstairs
>Kill man
>Leave man
>Other

>8 tough zombies
>6 shredder
>1 smart
>2 toxic zombies
>>
Rolled 58 (1d100)

>>46526521
>Continue scouting, look for anything interesting, investigate the noises?
Am I making things too much harder for you in terms of writing by constantly breaking off from everyone else?
>>
>>46526599
No no you guys do what you wanna do, its not an issue for me, long as its not an issue for your team mates
>>
Rolled 51, 39 = 90 (2d100)

>>46526521
>>Head upstairs
Horde move. Also give a gun to smart zombie.

>>46526633
Cool with me. The stalker is best scout for team. The mimic is our party face.
>>
Rolled 17 (1d100)

>>46526521
I will deliberately block any attempts to kill the scientist. Also, I will nod at him lots, and wave a few guns.
"You use these? And where go?" I ask him.
>>
Rolled 9 (1d100)

>>46526521
>head upstairs, stand beside alpha,and follow him.
>>
>>46526521
The Mimic screams and waves the gun around, “what?” it says to the man while flailing its arms, the man leaps up in tears and attempts to run past the mimic, he trips into the corridor to see the puker turning around and heading towards the alpha.
The Alpha gives a bark and the zombies turn and begin following him again, they start pouring into the stairwell to rejoin the Brute who has been keeping an eye out. They both press up another floor, aware that the Stalker has pushed ahead.
The stalker crawls through empty rooms and halls, it follows the noise and ends up over a large vent in what looks like a big hall, there are dozens and dozens of employees pressed towards the other end of the hallway, they are being scanned and having blood samples taken by 14 guards, each one weilding a rifle or pistol. “We cant use your hand scanner until we are sure you arent contaminted you must understand” one of the guards shouts across the hall, everyone is pushing and shouting. The smell of all the fear and sweat and blood causes adrenaline to surge through the Stalkers body, it sniffs the air sensing its brothers arent far away and the air is becoming steadily worse.

Stalker
>Roll for perception
>Roll for attack on employees
>Roll for attack on guards
>Wait
>Other

Mimic
>Mimic speech
>Mimic shape
>Kill man
>Leave man
>Other

Everyone else
>Proceed upstairs
>Wait
>Command horde
>Other

>8 tough zombies
>6 shredder
>1 smart
>2 toxic zombies
>>
Rolled 78 (1d100)

>>46526858
>Roll perception
>Continue searching for less noisy places of interest
Logically, the ventilation system will have more than one exit point to the surface, though I wouldn't know it in character.
>>
Rolled 100, 70 = 170 (2d100)

>>46526858
For one, I'll be trying to emulate appearance. Second, I'll be chasing after him and shouting "stand down".
>>
Rolled 91, 71 = 162 (2d100)

>>46526858
>>Wait
Will make move when others are ready.

Unlikely I can creep the horde up with out people seeing. So hold and wait horde. Attacking if cohorts in trouble.
>>
Rolled 8 (1d100)

>>46526858
wait and see if the air starts to effect the group of guards then rush them at their moment of weakness
>>
>>46526858
>>46526991
>wait, i need to use the alpha and the horde as zombiebait and a meatshield
>>
>>46526858
The Stalker continues prowling the hall, there is another vent exit up front near the soldiers and 2 more at each side over the crowd of civillians. His eyes watch as the Science personal who are cleared for exit swipe their keycards and scan their hands to get out. Everytime the door opens and shuts allowing another employee out a cool crisp air blows in briefly. The distance between the stairwell and the group of bustling people is around 10 foot of empty space.
Back downstairs the mimic stands over the sobbing man, watching his body, he strains and struggles and feels his body shift and bones as his appearance attempts to match the scientist. He appears identical to man, if a little decayed, but at a distance he could easily pass for human, the mans mouth drops in terror as the mimic uses the mans face to shout “stand down”
The Alpha and others move up to 1 floor below, they can hear the noise and commotion but wait silently.
The stalker still observing the crowd notices a couple of people collapse to the floor, the crowds roars intensify as peopele call for help but its lost among the roar of panic, one begins spasming on the floor

Mimic
>Enter room as man
>Kill man
>Leave man
>Other

Stalker
>Roll to Attack group
>Roll to Attack soldiers
>Wait
>Other

Everyone else
>Enter room quietly
>Roll for attack back of the crowd
>Wait
>Other

>8 tough zombies
>6 shredder
>1 smart
>2 toxic zombies
>>
>>46527100
>Wait
Not much else to do right now.

All the vents lead up to this corridor alone? Doesn't quite make sense to me, but you're the boss here.
>>
>>46527156
Other vents to the outside are firmly reinforced and the others lead back down to empty rooms, this is simply the large entrance hall
>>
Rolled 6 (1d100)

>>46527156
Actually, cancel that.
>Return to everyone else and attempt to communicate the situation ahead as best as I can.

>>46527182
Fair enough. I was confused as to why the ventilation shafts to the surface still fed to a location within the building.
>>
>>46527100
>>wait.

The poison is doing work,and i need a distraction before i aim to acid melt, our enemies.
>>
Rolled 17, 6 = 23 (2d100)

>>46527100
... is the toxic air working?

>>46527156
Stalker, you pull zombie into vent? Toxic make air worse for them.

>Set up for attack
Quite the zombie for vent.
>>
ill wait till the mimic is done with what ever hes doing>>46527100
>>
Ok, so, just to clarify all this, assuming all information is communicated perfectly, we now know that we have a finite amount of time before the guards stop getting people through, and ditch us underground/water. So before that happens we need to kill them. If we keep the door open, that'd be good. If we can't we'll need the keycard. I'm gonna try for the keycard, but we have about seven guns, so it'd be better if we can learn how to use the guns to take out the guards. I think I might have frightened the guy too much, but I'll keep trying to convince him by saying 'Friend'.
>>
>>46527335
Hm, not sure if we have the time to train the horde in gun use. I feel only the smart zombie, you and I can use them.
>>
>>46527100
The Zombies silently gather at the base of the stairs, the collapsed civillian shudders to life and sinks his teeth into his comrades shin. The other one who collapsed gets up and ends up restrained by 3 other men. 4 of the Soldiers run through the crowd drawing their firearms, one soldier up near the exit collapses and throws up on the floor, the rest turn their guns to him. The crowd turns into a riot as people make a push for the door. Some of the guards panic and start radioing for evac/ lockdown

>Do whatever you guys wanna do
Just remember to roll for attacking or anything

>8 tough zombies
>6 shredder
>1 smart
>2 toxic zombies
>>
Rolled 36 (1d100)

>>46527335
Forgot - rollin'
>>
>>46527412
The man begins to cough and spams from infection, he drops his keycard (which I assume you pick up) you have his appearance and a coat
>>
>>46527335
We could theoretically also force them all outside or incapacitate them with the toxic gases in the ventilation. Then, before they cut off the power, we could grab that scientist we found and force his hand against the scanner, which should then allow us to escape.

If all else fails, we could pull Puker into the vents and have him slowly dissolve the reinforced gratings to the outside.
>>
Rolled 89 (1d100)

>>46527406
>From the vents, tongue-spear anyone radioing for evac or lockdown.
Can't let that one happen.
>>
Rolled 85 (1d100)

>>46527445
>>46527406
>>46527335
Yo guys, i got an idea, if i puke open the door, now. they'll have to contain the humans and zombie escaping from this compound.

That could give us some slack
>>
Rolled 96, 93 = 189 (2d100)

>>46527406
All or nothing. I move the horde to attack and mimic it's likely on you to get us off if the door locks down. I will attempt to make a few more smart zombies to use guns later.
>>
Rolled 68 (1d100)

>>46527406
CHARGE!!!!
>>
Ok, my current plan is to practise saying 'help me' a lot, and get their intention. Then, they'll have to close the door. I'll be stealing the scientist's clothes and saying 'Help me' lots for practise. Let's lock this place down.
>>
Rolled 31 (1d100)

>>46527525
yeah, the jig is up.
>>46527509
>>46527500

Seeing everybody is attacking.

>I'll use the distraction to destroy the door with my puke, so that it creates a opening, whereby everybody is running towards making them easier to kill. they will probably trample each other also.

I'll do a second roll.
>>
>>46527500
I missed some updates. Yeah I'm good for that. I'll hang back and come through after we're done.
>>
>>46527406
A barbed tongue shoots down from the ventilation shaft and slices the neck of one of the soldiers on the radio, the 2 near him begin firing their pistols into the vent. The spasming soldier reanimates and is quickly shot through the head, the stalker makes a return and uses its tongue to rip the radio from another soldier. 8 soldiers remain at the entrance, the 4 in the crowd are handling the pinned down zombie, the other raised zombie and his victim have both joined your ranks and are currnetly grappling with other staff.
Your swarm of zombies floods into the back of the crowd of people. A gunshot goes off as the restrained zombie is shot in the head, the 4 soldiers in the crowd notice the stairwell emptying. They draw their weapons and attempt to shoot past the civillians, killing a couple in the process. A thundering roar is let loose as the Brute bursts from the doorway, it charges straight into the crowd and tosses 2 of the soldiers aside. The other 2 are set upon by the Alpha and Puker and are quickly dispatched, the entire hall is screaming in panic, The Brute makes a charge for the Guards upfront, crushing one between his shoulder and the metal door. The others turn their guns to him, the dead soldier reanimates and pulls one of them to the ground while the stalker rips through the vent and slices ones spine open. The brute takes a volley of fire, its forearm covering its head as it takes several rifle rounds to the body, the swarm in the crowd begins to outnumber the living, the puker tackles one soldier near the door and “kisses” him with heavy thick vomit, in doing so he takes a few more shots, causing him to slump next to the dead soldier, sucking up the melted flesh. The alpha cuts through the crowd towards the 2 soldiers the brute threw and dispatches of them with swift throat bites.
>>
>>46527725
Only a couple of soldiers are left, firing madly into the crowd with their rifles before ones head is crushed by an enraged brute and the stalker rips the others guts out. The puker is wounded once again, attempting to regain strength by eating the half digested meat of it victims, the Brute also took a pummeling but isnt much worse off for it. The Mimic still disguised as a human enter the room, now silent and filled with zombies shambling around.

>Roll to attack door
>Roll for perception
>Roll to attempt opening door
>Other

>26 tough zombies
>14 shredder
>5 smart zombies
>4 toxic zombies
>>
I'll collect the handily available keycard from the now-infected scientist, and go watch, with my seven or so guns.
>>
Rolled 81 (1d100)

>>46527763
>Roll for perception
Search the dead guys.

Also communicate my observations of how the humans were opening the door, if necessary.
>>
Rolled 41 (1d100)

>>46527725
ill help with the remaining people the ill swing at the door
>>
Rolled 36, 43 = 79 (2d100)

>>46527763
>>Roll for perception

Smarties Aim Gun like those before.
>>
>>46527763
The Brute swings its bloodied arms against the door to no avail, they clatter and echo throughout the empty complex, the Brute roars in anger and continues pummeling against the door. The stalkers searches around the room and finds a radio on the floor “Situation report? Over”
The radio goes silent and then repeats “Situation report? Do you need reinforcements?”
The Stalker conveys this information to the mimic and the Alpha who understand. The Alpha picks up a rifle and accidentally fires it blindly. He grasps it and while having incredibly poor aim, has some basic knowledge of it how works. The mimic walks to the door and uses the keycard. The door then asks for a Hand Signature. The infected scientist presses his hand into the contraption, the other zombies look on confused while the mimic and alpha semi understand whats happening. A mechanism in the door begins to whir and clunk, the door opens letting a cold night air rush into the hall. Before them is a bright night sky and what looks like a flat open yard surrounded by chain linked fence, there are construction vehicles and no one seems nearby, beyond the fence is a road and pine forest.

>Attempt to answer radio
>Search construction yard
>Attack chain link fence
>Other

>26 tough zombies
>14 shredder
>5 smart zombies
>4 toxic zombies
>>
Rolled 72 (1d100)

I'll say 'We're ok,' about five times for practise, then use the radio. Then I'll turn to the Alpha and say 'We need to go. We're safer spread out. We need to go to a town.'
>>
Rolled 28 (1d100)

>>46527940
>Pass radio to Mimic
>Keep out of direct light where possible
>>
Rolled 62 (1d100)

>>46527940
ill just look around the yard for something club like or useful
>>
Rolled 11, 77 = 88 (2d100)

>>46528036
Go mimic you the best speaker!

>>46527940
Look for things.
>>
>>46527940
The mimic picks up the radio and attemps to mimic what its heard “Stand down” it says firmly, the radio is silent for a couple of seconds before a response “confirmed” comes through. The mimic attemps to mimic a smile and wanders outside with the rest of the group. The stalker leaping onto the walls and crawling around probing nook and cranies. The Brute bounds out into the yard picking up objects, it finds a piece of rebar with concrete in the end and weilds it like a crude club. The Alpha and the horde pour out into the yard like water, where ever the humans were they must have high tailed it out of there after hearing the gunshots. The puker still wounded crawls outside taking half a melted face to slurp on. The yard seems mostly empty but the alpha notcies a sign in the road, to the left is sign with a name hard to make out, although the sky is glowing yellow in that direction and 2 other signs pointing right “Ash Cabin” and “Brooksville”

>26 tough zombies
>14 shredder
>5 smart zombies
>4 toxic zombies

Gonna have to call it a night there, if i dont pick it up same time tomorrow, then i probably will Monday or Tuesday!
>>
>>46528215
Alright, it's been fun.
>>
>>46528215
ill keep an eye out for it, cant wait!
Thread replies: 182
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.