[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MtG Duels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 7
File: 192.jpg (63 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
192.jpg
63 KB, 312x445
It looks like they finally managed to update in time! They killed my thopter deck though. Here is the list;

Q: What cards will be swapped out with Shadows over Innistrad?

A: To keep a balanced play experience, we will be swapping a few cards from your Magic Duels Starter Box. If you have one of the below cards, it will be replaced with the following card starting April 6, 2016.

Angelic Edict replaced by Suppression Bonds
Axebane Stag replaced by Yavimaya Wurm
Azorius Guildgate replaced by Meandering River
Boros Guildgate replaced by Stone Quarry
Dimir Guildgate replaced by Submerged Boneyard
Divine Favor replaced by Siegecraft
Dreg Reaver replaced by Minotaur Abomination
Elite Vanguard replaced by Expedition Envoy
Mwonvuli Acid-Moss replaced by Explosive Vegetation
Gatekeeper Vine replaced by Sylvan Ranger
Foundry Street Denizen replaced by Goblin Balloon Brigade
Golgari Guildgate replaced by Foul Orchard
Gruul Guildgate replaced by Timber Gorge
Izzet Guildgate replaced by Highland Lake
Jagged-Scar Archers replaced by Lifespring Druid
Orzhov Guildgate replaced by Forsaken Sanctuary
Perilous Myr replaced by Bronze Sable
Rakdos Guildgate replaced by Cinder Barrens
Selesnya Guildgate replaced by Tranquil Expanse
Simic Guildgate replaced by Woodland Stream

Anyone else still playing?
>>
I'd play if the game would actually load
>>
>cant connect to servers right now, play offline or try again later
Cant play since fucking february
reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>46517204

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling?

I had that issue with this update.

Anyway, haven't spent the time remaking the deck, but the two story modes seem much better than BFZ's

I do like that the last Gatewatch story mission starts you out with a non-random hand.
>>
>>46517222
Tried everything. And stainless tech support told me "We know about the Issue, it should be fixed at the Innistrad release"
>>
>>46517249

Have you done it recently?

Your post has no time stamp for when things got done.
>>
>>46517259
Trying every 2-3 days. Ive put too much money into this game to drop it so easily
>>
Mine didn't work this morning but I'll try again tonight. It might just be because of traffic.

I honestly didn't expect them to actually release at the same time as the paper set.
>>
>>46515054
>Mwonvuli Acid-Moss
I'm glad to see that gone. Playing against that deck was horrible.
>>
>>46517288
Wait, someone unironically paid money for things in Duels?

Ha ha, oh wow.
>>
>>46519850
I've been playing for free for the last few weeks and I'm considering it. A lot of the initial problems have been fixed
>>
>>46515054
Haven't played since around the time it released.
The packs of card for coins was too much suffering. I miss the good old 2012-2013 where a dollar could get you all of a deck's cards.

Really enjoy the games a lot, but it was just too grueling to try and unlock the cards I wanted in this game. Have there been any updates on that?
>>
>mfw the final oath of the gatewatch mission is the most fun I've had in this game
>>
>>46521885

They increased the amount of money online matches and daily quests give you. If you play about an hour you can get enough gold to buy a pack:

- 30 gold for an online PVP match win
- Extra 20 gold for winning an online PVP match once a day
- Quests give you between 50-100 gold and most can be completed in 2-3 matches (for the harder/more specific ones ones you can build a deck dedicated to complete it and then play against the Easy AI).
>>
>>46521920
and it was easy. what a shame.

basic question.
things like Hexproof can still be afected by globals? I mean something like Primal Huntbeast can still be affected by something like Languish (I'm asking becuase I still don't memorise everything even tho the game have such a small pool of cards)
>>
>>46522001

Hexproof prevents the permanent from being a "target" of an effect, spell or ability. Things like Languish of Planar Outburst do not "target", so yes, hexproof creatures suffer their effects.
>>
>>46521967
>- 30 gold for an online PVP match win
if you can...
>>
>>46522026
anyother way to remove this little annoyance (in Duels)? 3/3 is not something that terrible but then auras (or equipments) make their appearance and now that single 3/3 beast is something scary.
>>
>>46522030

I still haven't played online after the update landed, but last season I got and stayed around rank 40 with a monored deck built solely of Magic Origins cards. I would win about 60-65% of my matches with it.
>>
such a shame for this game, I wanted to play some ranked (since the "for fun" option do not exist) and what I find?
Eldrazi
Eldrazi
Ulamog, Twins of destruction and Thought-Knot Seer
oh and a UR Thopter but I felt glad to lose against something different just for once.
getting gold in this game is a pain, and not a good one.
>>
>>46519850
At first I was not that impressed, but so far I have spend ~70 € (including the coins I bought today). 110+ hours played so far, so thats worth it for me, I like MTG but the "real" game, MTGO, has a client that sucks even more and has a higher cost to entry.
Also it should be noted that the coins that are given out are realy fair IMHO. A single quest (like 2 games) will already give you a booster pack and the daily limit is something like 400 coins. Thats more than HS, which has quests that pay less and sets that are of comparable size (and random card distribution).

You can shit on Wizards or the Dev for countless things, but the payment options are well done.
>>
>>46522090
Spells / creatures that have the opponent sacrifice creature or permanents. Black got some new cards for this afaik.
>>
File: 1447818680803.gif (607 KB, 800x792) Image search: [Google]
1447818680803.gif
607 KB, 800x792
>>46522294
>Not just playing cockatrice online for free
>>
>>46519850
Wait, someone unironically grinded out the gold required to get a full set in Duels?

Ha ha, oh wow.

Magic Duels is great because you actually get to test the decks you build without dealing without having to deal with autists at the lgs or the shark pit that is mtgo.

>"people" will pay money for Call of Duty maps or World of Warcraft items but not access to a full set of magic cards for deckbuilding on Magic Duels
>>
>>46523204
>implying I bothered to get a full set

Played this piece of trash for a couple of hours until the collection of cards got stale and the booster gain slow, at which point I dropped it like a hot potato.
>>
>>46523001
Oh I tried that, as I did with MWS or GCCG. I prefer to play with programs that don't give people the opportunity to fuck around with the rules at will (or don't even know them) though.
>>
>>46521920
That quest got really fun when I combined Chandra's plus ability with Omnath.

Are there any interesting cards in the new base sets? I haven't grinded enough to buy more than four boosters yet but I want to build something with the new cards.
>>
>>46523204
>using a game with arbitrary inbuilt limitations as a deckbuilding tool
i mean, it's fun for proof of concept, but it's a shit deckbuilder. if that's what you're paying for you are a cheap date.

>gribd for full origins and BfZ sets
>grind for coins, 63% of oath on release
>grind for the rest ifOath and SoI
I couln't see myself playing this game without something to accomplish.

who else has accomplished the in game achievement for best at mulligans?
>>
>>46524476
Why the fuck would you use the deckbuilder? The quests don't require it anymore.
>>
>>46525756
I don't mean the deck wizard auto builder shit. I mean the limitations by rarity, reduced card pool, and increasingly inefficient card filters
>>
>>46519850
I've considered it, only because I don't play very much and am already behind on BFZ when these two new sets dropped.

>>46522294
That money would have probably been better used on MTGO frankly. Its enough to buy you a deck at least.

>>46523204
Duels is terrible for testing out decks for Standard. Its often missing cards from sets and already has cards that aren't even standard legal. You can't even use 4 of any card for a deck, so its practically a different format from standard.
>>
>>46526159
I think the limitations force you to be creative and to play cards that would never see the light of day in any normal constructed environment. We also got two new sets so the carpool should have doubled.

I agree that the builder is somewhat shitty though.
>>
File: Throat Rip.gif (2 MB, 400x228) Image search: [Google]
Throat Rip.gif
2 MB, 400x228
>Massively hyped for this update
>Mostly hyped they are fixing all the bugs
>Saved up 13k gold ahead of time
>Update drops
>Spend money on 7500g to almost finish both sets
>Play a game, realize they've added a bug that passes your main phases if you don't have a sorcery speed card or effect to use
>thiskillsthecrab.tga
>Immediate sense of regret for money spent
Jesus jumping christ Stainless. Can't you fuckers do anything right? This was supposed to be the update that fixed all of Magic Duels's problems and got the update schedule back on track. Instead it's pretty much killed the game.
>>
which card sets are available?
>>
>>46526621
Origins, BFZ, OGW, SOI

Some cards are missing from the sets though, like Hangarback.
>>
>>46526583
>Play a game, realize they've added a bug that passes your main phases if you don't have a sorcery speed card or effect to use
it's not a bug, it's a feature. literally. it's listed as intentional on the change log. I have no idea why they think skipping main phases is a good idea instead of just going straight to a timer on your main. I think it also doesn't count sorcery speed cards exiled with abbot of kheral keep. I couldn't play a third land off him in one game. they really do everything they can to make a great card into utter shit because of interface issues.
>>
>>46526923
>it's not a bug, it's a feature.
It's listed in the Known Issues list. It's a bug.
>>
>>46526923
Is there anyway to go to the upkeep step?

I often want to do some shit during their upkeep but its impossible since the game goes from End Step to Main Phase without stopping.
>>
>>46526958
upkeeps don't exist in duels unless an upkeep trigger is on the stack.
>>
>>46526583

You have to pay more attention to the game then, buddy. Sounds like a positive new feature

they should have it work like it does in MTGO, in which you can control which steps you want to auto-skip/auto-pause
>>
Too expensive/too much grind for what it is. Also doesn't work.

I'd play happily, If it was cheaper/less grind.
>>
>>46526954
wow I read that page completely wrong, I thought it was in the New Features section.

well good, that means it'll get fixed. at some point. eventually. probably.
>>
>>46527033
duels is really built to be a console game first, the iOS and PC implementations are afterthoughts, having that kind of setup would probably be really cumbersome to use with a controller. it's a pain in the ass as it is to view zones other than the battlefield and your hand, I'd hate to see interface menus added to that.
>>
>>46526847
damn that's a bummer. I'd be tempted to play this if at least full Modern was supported
>>
>>46527139
it doesn't even have full standard, even after origins rotates out it won't have full standard since it doesn't even have the full sets that are available. Duels is like a weird hyper-limited. the rarity restrictions make cards show up with similar frequency to limited formats, but since you do preconstruct your decks and have an ever-growing card pool it's like some kind of sealed league that just never ends.
>>
>>46527139

It will never be anything close than that. It feels like a "casual" format, since you're restricted on the amount of mythic/rare cards you can use to build your decks, and you can't really reproduce the top tier decks you see in Standard, since a decent number of the cards are missing.

For the last few months GRx ramp decks that get you Ulamog have been the top dogs, with slow mono red aggro being the other common archetype.
>>
>>46527327
it is fun to build "rogue" archetypes since there is a very distinct meta. in the origins season i had a RB tempo/control deck that just abused the elf/rdw aggro meta.

in BFZ i ran through a few takes on control decks using retreats and other enchantment answers along with boardwipes because lol tokens.

at the tail end of the BFZ season I put together an abzan deck that was basically "mwonvuli acid moss and other cards I hate losing to" that was really resilient, and has become stupid consistent with the new updates. bombs and boardwipes all day.
>>
>feel like playing a spell but not sure about it
>just click on it but hold on the button, don't release
>still debating on whether to play it or not
>"Nah I think I'll wait on it"
>release
>it still being played
>I can't cancel it for shit

This shit is so fucking annoying. I instinctively do this without thinking and when I realize what I did it's too late. Card gets played no matter what and I fuck myself over.
>>
>>46529207

If you press cancel you "deselect" the card and doesn't cast it. It's annoying.
>>
>>46529246

Duh... not cancel "ESCAPE" (on your keyboard).
>>
>>46529246
Tried that. I hit Esc, tried to right click and see if there's a cancel button, or anything. Even hit the Stop Timer so I can spend 5 minutes trying to stop my card from casting.
>>
>want to fetch a land
>Lands from deck come up
>want to double check on what lands i have already
>"NOPE SORRY YOU CANT DO THAT"
>>
>>46529571

It worked last revision, but I haven't been able to cancle out of casting non-targeted spells like you.

Shit sux.
>>
File: clue r in trouble.jpg (370 KB, 1916x1496) Image search: [Google]
clue r in trouble.jpg
370 KB, 1916x1496
lel

investigate is bonkers
>>
>>46532814
The synergy a with stuff like whirled rogue should be nasty, and the red blue artificer that damages via artifacts and the red enchant. Format should get interesting fast! Pulled Sorin already too plenty of vamps around maybe tribal meta?
>>
There's a glitch on the iPhone version during the Avacyn game that crashes the game when you try to sacrifice a clue.

It has been very frustrating.
>>
File: 20160408051303_1.jpg (89 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160408051303_1.jpg
89 KB, 1920x1080
this is literally one of the worst games i've played.

i'd rather put up with the mtgo client than even try to get any amount of enjoyment from this bugfilled piece of crap
>>
>>46526583
Can't you stop the timer before it passes to the next phase? Or does it actually skip it entirely?

>>46529207
Just use the mouse wheel if you want to zoom in on cards. Why would you click it if you're not sure you want to cast it?

>>46532814
One of the reasons I play this is because it lets me build a deck based on Ulvenwald Mysteries and other clue cards that would never fly in anything but kitchen table.
>>
>>46530150
>>"NOPE SORRY YOU CANT DO THAT"
there's a (-) button whenever you look at stuff just for that.
>>
>>46521920
The one where you get all those investigate cards when you are jace and tamiyo are better. getting over 90 life while getting hella clues was great.
>>
>>46536144

>Can't you stop the timer before it passes to the next phase? Or does it actually skip it entirely?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCNrlVjzBfk
>>
File: 20160406214940_1.jpg (357 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160406214940_1.jpg
357 KB, 1920x1080
>>46532814
need moar life
>>
>>46534560
>this is literally one of the worst games i've played.
It's not that bad. The only bug I actually encountered is that Tragic Arrogance doesn't hit land creatures.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.