[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTG Eternal General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: niceancestralvisions.jpg (74 KB, 450x363) Image search: [Google]
niceancestralvisions.jpg
74 KB, 450x363
Chill edition

Meanwhile as Modern is shitting itself right now. Been a decent while since we got one of these. Legacybros (and Vintage too) come here and relax.

Whether it be decklists, acquisitions, questions, or what have you, it's time to talk about best Magic!
>>
>>46512455
Modern post-ban may actually be alright. That being said, stoneblade player here.
>>
Vintage Delver, any ideas for my sideboard?

1 Strip Mine
1 Island
2 Tundra
3 Flooded Strand
3 Volcanic Island
4 Scalding Tarn
2 Jace, Vryn's Prodigy
4 Delver of Secrets
4 Young Pyromancer
1 Black Lotus
1 Mox Ruby
1 Mox Sapphire
1 Ancestral Recall
1 Brainstorm
1 Dig Through Time
1 Flusterstorm
3 Lightning Bolt
1 Pyroblast
3 Gush
3 Swords to Plowshares
4 Force of Will
4 Mental Misstep
1 Ponder
1 Time Walk
1 Treasure Cruise
4 Preordain
4 Gitaxian Probe
SB: 2 Containment Priest
SB: 3 Grafdigger's Cage
SB: 4 Ingot Chewer
SB: 1 Pulverize
SB: 2 Rest in Peace
SB: 2 Null Rod
SB: 1 Mountain
>>
>>46512455

4x probes
4x brainstorm
4x lotus petal
4x preordain
4x ponder
4x LED
4x Infernal
1x AdN
4x cabal therapy
4x cabal ritual
4x dark ritual
1x surgical extraction
1x tendrils
2x burning wish
1x PiF
4x polluted delta
4x scalding tarn
1x underground sea
1x volcanic island
1x mountain
1x swamp
2x islands

//sideboard
2x duress
1x Hurkels recall
1x empty the warrens
2x pyroblast
1x surgical extraction
2x chain of vapors
1x massacre
1x disfigure
1x tendrils
1x wipe away
1x PiF
1x Dark petition

ANT player here, any suggestions for eldrazi hate in the SB,
>>
>>46515734
I really dont agree with a lot of that list. That said, against Eldrazi I like going for 2+ empty the warrens and trying to go off before they can land anything. Failing that, echoing truth/hurkyls is a good alternative.
>>
>>46515734
I'm afraid there honestly isn't too much to deal with that. If Eldrazi is really popular in your meta then you are pretty much fucked. ANT folds way to hard to Chalice on 1.
>>
>>46515920
Chalice 1 is pretty beatable assuming it doesnt come down turn 1. Thorn is the real killer.

Meltdown can be a good blowout
>>
>>46515920

What cards don't you agree with specifically? Some of the choices don't seem that good on paper but they're very meta dependant, on top of that I can't afford to splash green for a lot of the more common cards so I have to get creative
>>
>>46515901

Lands and miracles are very popular in my meta, most of the SB is tailored around the miracles matchup, I'm not a huge fan of empty in the first place but I can see where your coming from
>>
>>46516022
Lands should be a bye. My board plan against miracles is to bring in all copies of empty the warrens and go off as quickly as possible, then set up a tendrils for 4-5 to finish them off
>>
File: Stf187_tha.jpg (91 KB, 640x468) Image search: [Google]
Stf187_tha.jpg
91 KB, 640x468
Okay guys, really need good help on this one.

I've always really wanted to play Legacy for awhile and attempting to finally buy into it. DnT is the deck I'm making. I've gotten all the cheap pieces and all that's left are the lands and Stoneforge Mystics.

This is where things get tricky. I'm going to be busy for the next two years of my life working in the middle of nowhere rather soon. The reason I brought this up is because now I got to decide whether to cut my losses and trade in all my Modern staples to the store, or sell them online. Obviously the latter is much better but takes a long time, and I'm really wary of the shit that can happen between now and two years. Most notably Eternal Masters.

So what do?
>>
>>46516068

Lands is a very good matchup but I wouldn't call it a bye, and your miracles plan sounds like a great way to blown out by force and terminus, it would work maybe one time then they would get savvy and leave the terminus in

Sounds like a good plan for tournaments or against randoms but when every knows what everyone else is on for the most part and has sideboard hate it becomes a lot harder to serve up things like that
>>
>>46516134
Not really. You're trying to jam in as early as possible so they have to spend time looking for a terminus. Most competent miracles players leave in terminus. The times when its bad are the times when they have a terminus resting on top of their deck. Once they have 8 goblins attacking them, they have to dig for terminus rather than for disruption or CB, which buys a couple turns to set up a small tendrils or second ETW.

As for force, the reason to run 2-3 is so that you can fire it from your opening hand. If you need to tutor for it, I run 6-7 discard spells as protection instead of 4.

With my build of ANT, my miracles matchup is favored, around 60-40.
>>
>>46512455
Isn't modern technically an eternal format since it doesn't rotate?
>>
>>46516792
Its not, in the same way that Battle for Zendikar block constructed is non-rotating and not eternal.

Eternal formats are formats where cards from all sets are legal.
>>
>>46516131
If you buy into legacy, your deck will still be relevant in 3 years.

Wasteland is getting reprinted, and Rishadan Port is likely to be reprinted, as is stoneforge.

I would sell out of modern, sit on that cash until EM then buy into Death and Taxes
>>
>>46516892
In all honesty, I'm pretty damn pessimistic about Eternal Masters. It's probably just skepticism after how much they jew the fuck out of Modern Masters. So far it's not looking the best.

-Stupidly low print run.
-Increases interest/demand in legacy/vintage but not enough supply cause of said low print run.
-Rarity upgrades (fucking mythic force of will).
-Things that don't get reprinted, will massively shoot up in price.
-Knowing Wizards, they are going to be really wimpy about reprints.
-Fucking Commander being one of it's target demographics.
>>
>>46517020
Having wasteland at rare will drive that down a bit. I also do not believe that EM will have the same effect on the playerbase that MM did. You've still got to buy you duals, so hopefully people won't get interested in the format.
>>
>>46516131
just wait until EM is out, it would suck ass for you to spend 800~ on wastelands and ports only to have them go down to nothing after EM
>>
>>46516792
Eternal formats are ones where cards from all sets are legal, which is why commander pre con, conspiracy and planechase cards are legal in legacy and vinatge
>>
I'm only here for cool art, I despise cardflopping scum. No this isn't bait just a statement.

Post badass and/or cute MtG art, preferably without the cardshit around it.
>>
>>46517198
Fuck off retard
>>
File: francistableflip.gif (4 MB, 625x352) Image search: [Google]
francistableflip.gif
4 MB, 625x352
>>46517210
Prime example of why I hate cardflopping scum. Used to play MtG (among other things) and eventually learned to hate it entirely. These days I just love the art and hate cardfloppers so much because they've ruined every comics and gaming shop in the area. My ttrpg groups have had to find other locations to game so we can hear eachother without having to shout over a bunch of cardflopper rage.

Seriously, the only good thing about hanging out around a bunch of cardfloppers is the occasional tableflip. We've literally dropped everything to watch the rage when it gets strong enough to near tableflip density.
>>
>>46516892
>>46517187
What makes you guys so sure that ports are going to get reprinted?
>>
>>46517326
Different guy here, I'm not sure. It's wishful thinking and even if it happens the prices won't go down significantly.

EM is a bandaid.
>>
Is mono green possible? Not 12 post or the 1 drop pile. I tried to brew but it was bad. Green suns with some value creatures and efficient creatures just did not cut it. Had song of the dryads and beast within for removal
>>
File: Cries in spanish.jpg (90 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Cries in spanish.jpg
90 KB, 480x360
>>46517020
>They arent gonna print goyf at rare
>Each pack is going to be 10$
>Mfw
>>
File: ghostly merchant.jpg (29 KB, 291x455) Image search: [Google]
ghostly merchant.jpg
29 KB, 291x455
>>46517020
>-Fucking Commander being one of it's target demographics.

I can't wait for the long-awaited reprints of King Macar and Kami of the Crescent Moon.

>Eternal Masters is designed to be a unique and enjoyable Draft experience, much like Modern Masters.

Thank you, Wizards. This is obviously what everyone wants.
>>
>>46512455
Modern needs SFM but after bans is taking a good direction

Also playing Enchantress and miracles but been loosing a lot with the last one. I want to try pod
>>
>>46517187
>go down to nothing
Impliying it's a non limited print
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.