[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Games similar to B@HonH...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 7
File: 71DD+65rEQL._SL1200_.jpg (187 KB, 1189x1200) Image search: [Google]
71DD+65rEQL._SL1200_.jpg
187 KB, 1189x1200
I honestly love this game. What other games out there have random modular boards? (Sci-fi or horror preferred, but will accept anything)
>>
I'll bump you OP. I've never played Betrayal but its been discussed a lot in my group.
>>
>>46504783
Something like Descent maybe? There are more games similiar to it, altought these are more RPG-lite than boardgames
>>
>>46504783
Look up Transylvania; Curses and Traitors
>>
>>46504783
It probably isn't what you're looking four, but Dungeoneer was dungeon exploration with a deck of cards, it's PvP but can be turned co-op easilly enough and has several expansions.
It's a lot slimmer that Betrayal though.
>>
>>46504783
the D&D board games
>>
File: Legends of the Hidden Temple.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Legends of the Hidden Temple.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>46504783
I was actually working on a re-skin of Betrayal that was going to be more like an Indiana Jones type thing, where the players were archaeologists tomb-raiding looking for lost treasures.

Hang on, let's see what I had done...here's mostly a list of the changes, as well as 3 completed adventures, sort of a proof-of-concept.
>>
File: Cards.png (7 MB, 1875x4184) Image search: [Google]
Cards.png
7 MB, 1875x4184
>>46509836
And here's some of the cards that I made for it, using the Magic Set Editor. How they work is mostly explained in the document above.
>>
>>46509885
You want me to design the visual of the cards? Not the images, the MSE templates. I download the pdf, with all the cards and rules
>>
>>46504783
Not op but bumping because I've been wanting a good dungeon crawl board game for a while. Betrayal is fun the first few times but it never feels like any of the events are very balanced. I tried playing the Temple of Elemental Evil board game but that was just way too fucking hard. I don't know what I expected from the Temple of Elemental evil, but it wasn't hard in a fun way I guess.
>>
File: Principal Zombies!!! Board Game.png (531 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
Principal Zombies!!! Board Game.png
531 KB, 700x700
>>46504783
Here's a favorite of mine, OP. Nice and modular, quick to learn, and lots of ways to expand or mod.

Hell, we made it into a one-shot adventure before. Good times.
>>
File: forbidden island.jpg (168 KB, 1024x917) Image search: [Google]
forbidden island.jpg
168 KB, 1024x917
>>46504783
Betrayal is neat, but I like the exploration before the haunting begins way more than the actual haunting, and the tokens and shit are all horrifically annoying to set up, and some scenarios are just unbalanced as fuck.

That said if you want to try some modular board games, look into Forbidden Island or Forbidden Desert. FI is super easy to set up and play and doesn't bog down in super specific scenario rules or a billion tokens. FD is similar but a little more complex.
>>
File: LostPatrol40k.jpg (70 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
LostPatrol40k.jpg
70 KB, 600x620
>https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Lost-Patrol-EN
I just noticed this on GW's website (Haven't been following 40k for about a year now, haven't heard of this), Do you think this will be similar?
>>
>>46509836
>>46509885
That's pretty cool. I wanted to do the same thing, but refluff Betrayal on a sci-fi/horror bent. You're one of six astronauts sent to explore a space station that went dark. As you work your way through the seemingly empty station's three decks, strange things happen until you discover the reason why everyone is gone.

Scenarios would range all over the sci-fi scale, taking homages from Alien, Predator, Event Horizon, and so forth.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.