[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Discuss the viability of the Warcraft universe as a tabletop
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 29
File: suggestions_gank_on__by_zygot.jpg (257 KB, 1366x924) Image search: [Google]
suggestions_gank_on__by_zygot.jpg
257 KB, 1366x924
Discuss the viability of the Warcraft universe as a tabletop RPG setting. Have fun, don't go full autist, and keep your cool. This is not /v/.

real rogues do it from behind edition.

>previous thread >>46487058
>>
>>46503178
>real rogues do it from behind edition.
I WEAR BLOODFANG LEATHER
BONESCYTHE AND NETHERBLADE
>>
>>46503178
Drop the viability next time. It's enough we're talking about fluff here.

And metaphysical workings of life and death, morality of calculus of war, intrinsic nature of man and orc and clever stratagems of multilayered combat.
>>
>>46503296

Chop-chop the level 7 warlock,
Gonna take him out! With perdition's blade!
>>
Look at this thread.
The general mentality is always cancer.
Fucking look at it.
>>
I miss when Daelin Proudmoore was wrong.

That was a good time, playing as Rexxar was the last time I felt like a hero while playing Warcraft
>>
>>46503446
You know nothing, jon blizzard. Go through previous ones.
>>
>>46503453
Me too.

Cataclysm and Kossak's writing ruined everything because he wanted WCII Orcs back.
>>
Pick a damn topic.

>>46503484
Telling him the last threads have all been shitty doesn't disagree with him, though.
>>
>>46503178
It already does.
http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Warcraft_RPG
/thread
>>
File: 1397422090467.jpg (138 KB, 948x757) Image search: [Google]
1397422090467.jpg
138 KB, 948x757
>>46503533
Use wowpedia instead of wowwiki anon
>>
>>46503516
No, but it could broaden his horizons and put his distaste into perspective, steeling him against hazards of the world.

As for topic, let's talk about Dimensius the All-devouring.

What was it? It didn't look all that powerful, after all a bunch of ethereals and player character(s) took him out.

Can it really destroy worlds? Is it dead, or merely banished from Draenor?
>>
Wish Murlocs had more material.
>>
>>46503586
>It didn't look all that powerful, after all a bunch of ethereals and player character(s) took him out.
>Can it really destroy worlds? Is it dead, or merely banished from Draenor?
we killed him the same way we killed Archimonde and Kil'jaeden, ganking him at his weakest possible moment and doing just enough damage that he gives up on killing us and fucks off
>>
File: 1377109641942.jpg (210 KB, 752x1063) Image search: [Google]
1377109641942.jpg
210 KB, 752x1063
>>46503586
>after all a bunch of ethereals and player character(s) took him out
that doesn't mean anything, adventurers are god-tier in strength
>>
>>46503593
I am so sick of murlocs. They were became a joke back during vanilla days due to how tight they were packed and the tendency to wipe players. There is nothing special about them otherwise.
>>
>>46503616
Not really. In terms of raw power they are more or less on par with elite lieutenants or commanders of various factions. Their strength at crucial fights comes from cooperation as well as support, direct or indirect, from various faction - not just Horde/Alliance, but also mage guilds, crusader chapters and druid circles.
>>
File: 1451412499246.jpg (375 KB, 819x614) Image search: [Google]
1451412499246.jpg
375 KB, 819x614
>>46503745
you do know that in Legion, you'll be like leading the motherfucking Silver Hand or being the direct agent of the Lich King, right?
>>
I think the viability of the setting varies, really.

I.e. How much do you ignore the fact that a random bunch of 25 dudes have killed every major antagonist
>>
>>46503785
That's how most people would see the PCs in a typical RPG

Except instead of 25 it's typically 3-6.
>>
>>46503774
That just means that PCs are gaining political power. I don't have problem with it and it could turn out interesting. Some say it's player wankery, but hey, wankery ain't unpleasant.

Even so, in terms of power, be it magic or weabo fightan' magic, player is still nowhere close to a god and still needs a team of dedicated fellow murderhobos and more often than not also plot bullshit from his allied faction. I.e. argent crusade to clear way to the citadel courtyard; alliance gunship to catch a dragon; bronze dragonflight gigawatt shenanigans to get where and when he's needed to apply his force etc.
>>
>>46503384
dont know but what i have always complained is the fact that the orinal horde races are always hunched while in the comics they all have straight standing poses, i have never liked that

that aside, i think warcraft should have some aditional character creation options like: choosing height/weight/waist and breast size for females/broadness (how big/fit your torso is) for males and maybe able to choose if your charater is fat or not
>>
>>46503870
>Some say it's player wankery, but hey, wankery ain't unpleasant.
I always hated that questline in Grizzly Hills where the commander of the Horde garrison arbitrarily decides to treat you like a raw recruit piece of shit and ignore all of your accomplishments in Northrend and before, so I'm fine with wankery, people just like complaining
>>
If you were to change to small stuff in the lore to make the setting more interesting, what would change?

For example, it would have been interesting if after WC3 RoC, the Warsong clans pulls a Krieg (from a 40k). They become near-suicidally anti-Burning Legion, Scourge, and sometimes fel magic.
>>
>>46504067
Make forsaken vampires in looks but not abilities and weaknesses. The whole zombie angle is too constricting especially when the leader looks nothing like a zombie
>>
>>46504067
the Warsong doing anything but going right back to Ashenvale and continuing to piss off the night elves would be nice. They should have all been death marched into the jaws of the Legion at Hyjal
>>
>>46503616
>>46503870
WoW PCs are high-tier mercenaries, essentially one step below WC3 hero characters. It's only really from Wrath onwards that the game begins taking your character seriously and giving you the respect you deserve. As >>46503986 points out, that's part of what makes the Horde Grizzly Hills questline so interesting: despite your accolades and accomplishments, the local orc commander thinks you're still garbage fresh out of the Valley of Trials and doesn't take you seriously. Which makes it all the more satisfying when she's ultimately killed towards the end and replaced by someone who respects you more.
>>
File: Ragnaros.jpg (31 KB, 406x493) Image search: [Google]
Ragnaros.jpg
31 KB, 406x493
>>46503785
>25
>Implying
YO, WHAT UP G
LET ME TELL YA 'BOUT MC
>>
>>46504131
I am imagining Vampire Counts-style Forsaken. Were affected by LK's power and plague but didn't die. So for lore-reasons, LK controlled the undead through them like a web. Eventually Sylvanas happens. The story doesn't much.

But it would make something make more sense, like the tauren trying to heal them. Maybe that is the reason they join the horde. The horde shamans helped in a way to keep the forsaken out LK's control.
>>
>>46504067
Gnolls join Alliance and Horde, but since gnolls are gnolls, there aren't many out there.

Also, the bandits of the Eastern Kingdoms are united under Blackthorn, who was possessed by one of Sylvanas' banshees
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_050806_205039.jpg (511 KB, 1088x612) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_050806_205039.jpg
511 KB, 1088x612
>>46504220
YOU AIN'T GOT NO FRIENDS, YOU AIN'T GOT NO LIFE
>>
>>46504067

First: Calm the powerlevels. When shit like Tales of the Past start to appear canon, you know the source material needs to calm its tits.

Then I'd make sure to give each race's ambivalence more screentime.

From vanilla onward we got majorly uniform sentiments within each (playable) race concerning certain core values. Apart from that we're rarely shown the 'dirt' of each race - and if so, it's usually discarded as being something entirely unrelated and eventually just an enemy to be killed.
>>
>>46504279
See that's an idea I can get behind.
>>
>>46503986
Well Grizzly hills on Alliance side involved a questline that start with eating some sort of pine nut that turns out to be precious seed intended to start a tree farm and has you literally gather plants for a laxative, shitting the nut out and putting it back where you took it from, presumably for next adventurer to repeat the process, so I'd say you still got off easy.
>>
>>46504397
kek, based Horde bias, thanks Blizz
>>
>>46504373

And that would also make the forsaken fit in better with the other horde races.

Tauren and the Darkspear trolls were saved by the Orcs.

The Horde as an entity saved the Orcs from going back being slaves to the BL.

Now, with these changes, the forsaken have reason, too. The horde helped keep their more evil side in check.
>>
>>46503586
Even the Warlock pet voidlord says it can destroy worlds if it brings its armies. Dimensius didn't destroy the Ethereal homeworld on its own. He was allowed to summon massive armies.
>>
>>46504397
As opposed to the Azshara (Horde) quest line which spans half the zone which revolves entirely around trying to collect poop from stone giants.

Or literally everything involving the Hozen being a gigantic poop joke from start to finish.

Blizzard likes its poop jokes.
>>
>>46503285
I like the point about subtlety. Now, I don't want any new leader to be anti-necromancy, anti-undeath, or anti-plague, they just need to be more diplomatic and not anti-life.

I've kind of wanted to see the Cult of Forgotten Shadow as Sylvanas's political rivals ever since her discomfort with their popularity was brought up in the RPG. I know that's not canon or anything, but I like the idea of them getting more organized and influential with the newer Forsaken who were never enslaved by the Scourge or led to freedom by Sylvanas.

Sylvanas's propaganda has changed since when she started the Forsaken. First it was all about revenge for being cursed with undeath, but now the message is about how it's a blessing they should be grateful for. I want there to be someone who takes all of her rhetoric and puts their own spin on it, right before shoving it back in her face. In the RPG, the CotFS was very pro-undeath, so that was another reason why the idea stuck with me.

However, the best way for it to go is if the leader of the movement doesn't strike first. Instead, they just preach "dangerous" ideas and gather support and followers, without 'obviously' trying to encourage civil disobedience, before Sylvanas's paranoia leads her to try to crush them before they become strong enough to challenge her rule. That's when the shit should really hit the fan.
>>
>>46505275

I want Calia Menithil as the undead leader of the Cult of the Forgotten Shadow quietly wresting Forsaken influence from Sylvanas.
>>
>>46505327
I'm not sure if I want it to be Calia. I just want to see Sylvanas politically outmaneuvered because she isn't used to dealing with other political interests within her own city.

Hell, I'd love it if it were revealed that the rival leader, who was unjustly apprehended at some point, had actually deliberately fed into Sylvanas's paranoia and engineered the whole situation. All while making themselves look an entirely blameless, without technically doing anything wrong, to reveal Sylvanas as the tyrant she is by having her treat such a high-profile citizen in that manner.

If someone is going to unseat Sylvanas, they need to make the Forsaken see her as unhinged and dangerous by even their standards. Better yet if the person doing so comes across as a good, peace-loving, and unfairly victimized saint to outsiders, to better garner sympathy and support from the factions of the world.

Once they take over, it's revealed that they're as Forsaken as anyone that exists, perhaps even more ruthless and efficient than Sylvanas was. Just without the genocide, hatred of life, or unnecessary evil, and a lot better at putting on a civil face and treating others with politeness and respect.
>>
>>46504067
More Kel'Thuzad. He can practically do no wrong, plus hes still alive
>>
>>46505803
Kelly Thursday hides in Darnassus.
>>
>>46504067
Would've been better that after WoTLK, the Scourge suffers a Sengoku Jidai of their own and multiple factions are fighting for supremacy.

Kel'Thuzad leads the loyalist faction that was with Arthas/Nerh'Zul/Lich King and tries to slap everyone back into control.

And one anon also added the idea of the Crypt Fiends and Lords becoming free and going on a rampage of vengeance for what the Scourge did to them and the Nerubian Empire.
>>
>>46503785
The player characters are an abstraction, they may as well be named characters of significant importance, being war leaders and other such important things.

This is not the first time that blizzard would have turned a 'nameless player avatar' into an important figure; It's happened in warcraft, it happened in diablo, it happened in starcraft (matt horner, zerg cerebrate, artanis, selendis, various queens, etc).
>>
>>46506120
Is there really an npc named kelly thursday in darnassus? I want to believe
>>
>>46506934
No, friend.

T'was but a shallow joke, woven from these here threads.
>>
>>46506970
I know..but then i was like "maaybe there is my account has been closed for a year"
>>
>>46504283
Blackthorne just led one pack of them, there's plenty more of them so it seems illogical to have him rule them all.
>>
File: DarkTotems.jpg (79 KB, 993x353) Image search: [Google]
DarkTotems.jpg
79 KB, 993x353
If I ever figure out a good system to RPG WoW in i'd make orc totems default to this, they look so much better than the axes.

>>46504283
Gnolls led by an NPC called Drudge who is basically a cross between Thrall and Uncka Ruckus (No relation) in that he REALLY hates all the gnolls following him.
>>
>>46506278
Could have also been a nice opportunity for the Forsaken to try and swell their ranks without resorting to killing and reanimating all the living humans who were still in Silverpine. It also gives them a decent motivation after WotLK; even though the Scourge is fractured, it's still around and could potentially reunite and start shit again. So the Forsaken pour resources into trying to keep it fractured while it's get ground down. Instead of them looking to grab more lebensraum and bodies for Sylvanas to hide behind.
>>
>>46507345
I think the land grabs were just Garrosh's idea. Sylvanus would ahve turtled out of fear of death, maybe only going after Andorhal to appease its former citizens within her ranks.

Definitely would have gone body collecting.
>>
>>46504067
Thraal telling Garrosh what kind of snowflake Grom was without white-washing him and telling him not to become like Grom.

Grom may have redeemed himself by slaying Mannoroth and freeing the Orcs from Burning Legion influence, but it didn't change the fact that he was an arse and Garrosh should avoid being it.

Comes Cataclysm and Garrosh tells Thraal to choose Saurfang from the get-go or simply skedaddles away somewhere else so that Thraal won't make him Warchief.
>>
>>46506278
>>46507345
Problem is, Arthas' "I was only pretending to be retarded!" plan left the scourge with almost no leaders or heavy hitters besides KT. Its just him, c-listers that weren't worth having quests to kill them, and random undead. Most spinoff factions would be jokes, and even Kel'Thuzad's would be a cakewalk for the entrenched alliance/horde/crusade forces that already beat him in his prime.

I'm still not sure how the mooks are supposed to be a threat if they go berserk. We have armies of both factions, bombers, ashbringer, adventurers at their peak, and the scourge's best are dead, but they STILL have enough numbers to overwhelm all that and destroy the world? Where the hell did he get that many corpses? Did they zombify a couple planets when we weren't looking?

Either the lich king's death should've been an assassination that left most of the scourge intact, or the crusade should've continued until Northrend was squeaky clean.
>>
>>46509156
The issue is that there is the entire subterranean kingdom of Azjol-Nerub. Though the remaining living Nerubians push against the undead ones, they are vastly outnumbered still. Not to mention how many undead are likely buried just waiting to emerge.

The whole thing is an asspull though, I agree- but I think an unleashed Scourge could deal considerable damage if they manage to propagate with more necromancy.
>>
>>46504283
Nah, Gnolls would join the Horde and their faction leader would be Hogger.
Alliance would get Quillboars.
Both of them just fed up with being low-level fodder for the other team.
>>
>>46509560
>Both of them just fed up with being low-level fodder for the other team.
I like this.
>>
RIP Nostralius.

RIP Vanilla.

https://www.change.org/p/michael-morhaime-legacy-server-among-world-of-warcraft-community
>>
>>46510118
Why?
>>
>>46511301
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuOYmqSF6OQ

Because YOU DON'T KNO WHAT YU WANT
>>
>>46511415
It was not even competing with blizzard. FFS
>>
>>46510118
I think its hilarious that on Nostralius they still have the same problems recruiting Druids, shamans, and Warlocks.

Dullest classes to level, dull raiding. And no one still lets druids or shamans roll on DPS gear.
>>
>>46511726
I agree Vanilla class balance was awful, but I want to see the lore before Kosak shat on it.
>>
>>46511726
I had a paladin laughed out of an UBRS run in Vanilla when he called himself DPS.
Shit was a different time back then.
>>
>>46511790
Agreed. Vanilla had the best lore.

I personally loved TBC as a setting, even if the lore and storyline was convoluted as hell.

>>46511863
I've lplayed a Druid since vanilla. Just having one at level 60 guaranteed you a slot in a progressive raiding guild. There was less druids of both factions than shamans.
>>
>>46511917
Everyone thought Shamans were pretty overpowered back then. At least in PVP. Hell, the top Horde PVP guild was called <Shaman R Teh Overpower>
They actually weren't good players at all, they were just extremely organized at stomping PUG Arathi Basin groups.
They'd AFK out when faced with an Alliance premade. At least until Blizzard started enforcing leaver penalties.
>>
>>46511917
TBC was really a step up in zones being coherent, and Silvermoon was great, but it always rubbed me wrong that BE starting lore was "go get stronger so we can meet up with Kael'thas in Outland", and there was never a quest once you got there that said "Kael'thas went crazy, and you REALLY don't want to join him."
>>
Just wanted to say Demolocks were so powerful in Vanilla warlocks as a whole were nerfed for two expansions.
>>
>>46511790
It wasn't too bad, there were A LOT of useless specs but not useless classes.

Personally I think wrath was the peak of everything. A major lore climax, pretty damn good content, great raids over all.

Cata was the first sign of something being terribly terribly wrong.
>>
>>46512540
3.3.5 was the first sign of something being terribly wrong.
>>
>>46512540
wrath was when everything that was old and new blended together nearly perfectly. You had all the choices of the old game, only they were largely balanced. The old world was still there. And nerfing of the quests made soloing through them passable.
>>
>>46503553
So are warcraft orks just black people?
>>
>>46513007
yes
>>
>>46513007
>>46513029
No fuck off. When have black people ever been tainted by demon blood assemble a horde than go around invading and slaughtering white kingdoms?
>>
>>46513007
N-no!! They're Cockney!! Not black!! We aren't r-racists!
>>
>>46513080
I was referring to their
>we dindu nuffin it was X's fault
behavior
>>
File: ackchyually.png (19 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
ackchyually.png
19 KB, 200x200
>>46513080
#blacklivesmatter in 1 year.
Mark my words.
>>
Warcraft Satyr look so cool, I just wish they weren't all evil.
>>
>>46513007
they're Germans
>savages tribals constantly warring with stronger savages
>a great leader takes them to war against a much more advanced kingdom
>defeat the large kingdom and make rapid advances in technology while asserting dominion of large tracts of land
>crumble due to infighting
>unite under a strong leader who knows the values of peace and war
>afterwards a radical racist takes over and gets the entire world to dogpile them
>>
>>46513007
Naw.

They're Mongols.
>>
File: a nuuuuuu cheeki breeki.jpg (176 KB, 1024x676) Image search: [Google]
a nuuuuuu cheeki breeki.jpg
176 KB, 1024x676
>>46513366
>Orcs are Germans
Meanwhile, over at Bloodmyst Isle Seriously, though, aren't the setting's Germans already accounted for with some of the post-Cataclysm Scarlet Crusade bosses?
>>
>>46509156
>Arthas' "I was only pretending to be retarded!" plan
Yeah, that's one way to put it.
>>
So, I wonder if nostalrius was taking kickbacks from the chinese
>>
>>46513672
Germongols.
>>
>>46513007
They're basically ancient Scythians
>>
>>46509156
I mean, his plan wasn't the worst. KT is one of like 5 competant people in the entire setting, plus they're like BFFs
>>
>>46509156
Kel'Thuzad and almost every other Lich that manages to come back.

Plus whoever they resurrect.
>>
>>46513822
Arthas' play literally worked perfectly though, he lost because of deus ex machina.

I'm personally still mad about it because, according to lore, the LK has precognition and can see the plan years down the line.
>>
>>46514821
What lore says LK has precognition?
>>
>>46503745
Nope, BZ already said a adventure is a equal to any hero in the story.
Stop with the elite bullshits already, player characters are far beyond that.
>>
File: Falstad_Dark_Iron.png (484 KB, 750x629) Image search: [Google]
Falstad_Dark_Iron.png
484 KB, 750x629
>>46514821
>>46514889
Ner'zhul had shamanic farsight that was magnified by the legion, it was far from flawless and possibly reduced when Arthas metaphysically consumed him, but he had it.
>>
>>46504220
MC raid is well known for half of the raid slacking off.
BWL and AQ are better example.
>>
>>46504989
I can't remember, did WoD have any poop quests?
>>
>>46515036
You rescue Ga'nar Durotan's brother from shoveling poop.

And there's random poops ruining most of the caves.
>>
>>46515062
also a garrison mission where you make one of your followers scrub out the latrine
>>
>>46514984
Why on earth did they go with some new guy when they had a perfectly good lore character in Kurdran? Yeesh.
>>
>>46515212
because more people remember "isn't Falstad dead?" than BTDP?
>>
>>46515212
>>46515277
Huh? I thought Day of the Dragon came after Kudran went through the portal?

Or are yo asking why the WC3 era Day of the Dragon character is used instead of the older Kudran?
>>
>>46515277
>>46515378
I didn't realise Falstad was actually thing, I assumed they had just invented some new guy to be the face of the Gryphon Rider the same way they came up with names for all of the Diablo classes. I mean, he never shows up in one of the WC games, and I've never read any of the books.
>>
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]
>>
>>46515458
>not remembering based Red Shirt Guy
>>46515480
anal [For The Children]
>>
>>46515458
He was in WoW as the head of Aerie peak in Vanilla and the representative on the Council of three hammers after Kudran quit when Skyree died in a fire that started because of a pro/anti Dark Iron riot.

Kudran was in the Twilight highlands.
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_083015_232128.jpg (185 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_083015_232128.jpg
185 KB, 1920x1080
WoD sucked but some of the architecture looked cool.
>>
>>46504292
AND I KNOW YOU WANNA SPEND YOUR WEEKEND WITH 40 PEOPLE YOU DON'T KNOW
AND SOME GUY NAMED BUFF TELLING YOU WHAT TO DO
>>
>>46515622
pre-Murmur Auchindoun is awesome looking, one of the best designs in WoW
>>
>>46515684
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yKqKg6DfTY
>>
>>46515699
And orc buildings with bone and leather instead of METAL EVERYTHING are great.
>>
>>46503178
>Discuss the viability of the Warcraft universe as a tabletop RPG setting.

This seems like an odd subject for discussion. I mean why wouldn't it be a viable RPG setting? Hell it could easily be a D&D setting with some fairly minor tweaking.
>>
>>46515796
Yeah but it's mostly specific campaign ideas and stuff we're looking for.

And how to make it work in a better system than the existing 3.0/3.5 things.
>>
>>46515796
But which edition of D&D? What scenarios can be made that don't just repeat dungeons / quest lines from the MMO? Will the "base" classes be the only thing represented in the game, or will it also have to include ALL of Blizzard's canon classes, and if that is the case, what are the class / variant bonuses for said classes?
>>
>>46515824
What "Canon classes" are really missing in the mmo right now? The only one I can think of is necromancer.
>>
File: classes.png (47 KB, 719x626) Image search: [Google]
classes.png
47 KB, 719x626
>>46515857
A lot.
>>
>>46515900
>WoWRPG classes
>canon classes.

A diagram of these would rarely overlap, but i agree plenty of class archetypes in WoW are unrepresented by the game.
>>
>>46515900
Most of those hardly need to be classes, and by most, I mean pretty much everything aside from the core classes
>>
>>46515824
I'm currently making a 4e adaptation for it.
>>
>>46516232
"4e is tabletop WoW!" memes aside, it's pretty much the logical choice.
>>
>>46515900
I wonder if we'll get necromancer class in next undead themed expansion, or if DK has already filled the zombie handler spot for good.
>>
>>46516301
A surprising number of classes line up perfectly.

The only problem is that WoW classes have variable roles, while 4e classes have set roles.
>>
>>46516372

Mind you, 4e roles are a lot fuzzier than WoW roles and it's easier to branch out into other roles while still being good at your primary.
>>
>>46516365
Their abilities are pretty evenly distributed between Warlock and DKs in WoW so it seems unlikely.
>>
>>46516372
>>46516390
Plus you can just multiclass/hybrid if you want.

Also, for variable class roles, you could take a look at Strike!
>>
>>46516390
Well yeah, 4e covers pretty much all druid options in WoW easily, and even does retribution and holy paladins alright, not great, but alright.

The most problematic class I can see is Shaman, 4e shamans and WoW shamans are very, very different
>>
>>46516413
Don't 4e shamans actually do shaman totems pretty well? I mean, aside from only having 1 "totem".
>>
>>46516429
Yes, but they do everything through their spirit, which works great for restoration shamans, but, well, the main appeal of WoW shamans in my mind is throwing lightning and magma
>>
Huh. As much as I hate Knaak's writing, I sorta like that he avoids actively mentioning all the star and moon spells druids use, to keep them distinct from the Nightelf priest magic.
>>
>>46516461
Maybe you could refluff wizards then, they got a lot of stationary summons/areas and also got the magma throwing covered.
>>
>>46516466
I wish balance druids were still fae casters instead of cosmic casters
>>
>>46516540
I liked a mix of nature and sky (but nightelves need optional lunar reskins of all their holy spells) this sky and more sky shtick is boring as fuck.
>>
>>46516413
Another issue would be the 4e Warlock's lack of summoning. Demon pets are a pretty iconic part of Warcraft Warlocks.
>>
>>46516704
Oh the DnD warlock is nothing like the WoW one, i am sure there are better classes for that conversion
>>
>>46516704
I'm pretty sure they actually got devil summons in later books.

Or was that wizards?
>>
>>46516704
Two ways to handle that.

1. Give warlocks access to the wizard spells that summon demons.

2. Give warlocks a shaman spirit, the way shaman spirits work lines up better with 4e warlocks than 4e shamans
>>
...Seriously? It took malfurion three quarters of the book and years of captivity and only when he tore out the corrupt graft on Teldrasil did he realize that the shadowy tree holding him prisoner was fucking Xavius? Knaak, you really can't write a wise character to save your life.
>>
>>46516713
Conceptually a 4e Infernal Pact Warlock is pretty much the same thing as a Warcraft Warlock. Drawing on demonic power, but putting it to good use (or not).

>>46516719
Some of their spells involve things like summing imps to attack your enemies, but that's just the fluff on a one time effect. I don't think they ever got persistent summons. A summoner build was introduced for Wizards in Arcane Power. If Warlocks every got something similar it must have happened in a later book.
>>
>>46516405
I think they could get around that by putting a really heavy emphasis on the pets.

With warlocks, hunters, and death knights, the pets and their abilities are very much secondary to the player character's even in the pet specs. So flip that around for necromancers. Give em some bare minimum attack spells, then have everything else revolve around controlling/buffing/healing their undead. Every spec is pet spec!
>tank uses one big undead like abominations
>dps uses swarms
>cc uses ghosts?
>>
>>46516927
CC uses nerubians that web and frost enchanted undead that slow
>>
>>46516874
You could just use the feytamer background if you want to use one of the pet focused classes.

Then again, you got to keep in mind that the classes in the games are just game constructs. They don't exists in-world as things (aside from like paladins), so recreating them is more of a novelty goal then something you actually need to do.
>>
>>46516945
Paladins and deathknights are the only "hero" class, doesn't mean other class don't exist.

The only "not-really a class" is hunter and warrior.
>>
>>46512540
Some classes were clearly better than others, though. I played Vanillas as a warlock, and a Vanilla warlock was effectively a shittier fire mage (forget about the other two specs: your minion didn't scale and the limit on amount of debuffs on one target was so small that you'd be lucky to get a single dot on the target between stuff like sunders, hunter's mark, curse of elements, etc.) you only brought to throw in curse of elements, soulstone the healer and individually summon every single incompetent fucker who got lost on their way to to the raid (for fuck's sake, Brian, we've been doing this every weekend for the past two months! You should know where the entrance to Molten Core is and at what tiem you should be there! Do you have any idea how much of a pain in the ass it is to harvest new soulshards I have to use to summon all you iditions here!).
>>
>>46517023
But fire mages couldn't raid for the first two fucking tiers becquse MUH IMMERSION meant every-fucking-thing was fireproof! So Warlocks were the better DPS and were allowed to take stamina items ahead of mages.
>>
>>46516945
>>46517011
In Legion all classes will have a order hall though, so that shows some real structure besides some outsiders like warriors and hunters
>>
>>46517023
You don't know the pain that feral druids went through in vanilla
>>
>>46517023
Actually by the time of Naxx warlock completely outclass mage in every way in case of PVE DPS.
Mages were retired to water maker in a raid.
Hunter is more outclassed by rogue since high end raid is all about DPS and rogue is just better while they fight for the same agi items.

Back then I put my alt warlock at raid entrance to help summoning cause I am that nice.. or bored.
>>
Hah! I actually have to give Knaak credit. In stormrage Rhonin, Krasus, and veresa were among the first to fall and MODERA of all people (Basically Dalaran's queen bitch till post theramore Jaina kicked her off that throne) was leading the survivors.
>>
>>46517065
Which is exactly what I was saying.
Hunter and warrior's definition is very fuzzy, any chimp with a weapon is a warrior while any chimp with something that shoots people can be called a hunter.
While other class defined themselves more strictly.
>>
>>46517087
>Basically Dalaran's queen bitch
What has she done? I have fond memories of her because she appeared in Day of the Dragon and was still there in WOTLK
>>
>>46517218
She is just generally portrayed as an angry hardass in all ber brief appearances. Basically a magical Margaret Thatcher.
>>
>>46517100
what about rogues?
>>
>>46517256
the player rogues are part of the Uncrowned, an illuminati-tier sect with people from the various assassin's guilds of the whole world
>>
>>46517263
Which doesn't mean that
a.) everyone with the mechanical rogue class is part of it
b.) everyone who is part of it is mechanically the rogue class

Which is why I think sweating the class representations too hard is kinda pointless.
>>
>>46517263
Yeah, and?

That doesn't change the fact that "rogue" is ludicrously vague and the term pretty much only exists for gameplay purposes
>>
>>46517290
>>46517300
What I just meant is that there is a rogue order that all of the wow players are supposed to be part of

That Blackthorn dude was a bandit, Matthias Shaw is a rogue
>>
>>46515824
>>46516232
I'm kind of tempted to try converting some Warcraft-based stuff for 5th edition. Mostly the races (like Night Elf subrace for elfs, or Draenei and WC Trolls as playable races), and maybe some enemies and class specializations.

Not going to start redoing whole classes, but giving some of them specializations that'd bring them more in line with the WoW version could work: like giving the warlock a minion, and doing a shadow priest domain for clerics (there's already the life and light domains that could both be used for holy priests).

It's really been years since I played WoW, but I still like the setting (at least until all the stuff they've done since that seems intent on torpedoing the whole thing), and think it would work good on the tabletop as well.
>>
>>46517100
But that's wrong.

Warrior is someone who devoted his life to perfection of martial arts and mastery of weapons. That's why they have access to wide array of weapons and their skills are exclusively physical.
Hunter is someone who devoted his life to the taming of and living in the wild and becoming a predator in his own right. That's why they have tracking, taming, trapping and some nature-related fluff.

Warrior or rogue can use ranged weapon. So can spellcasters if you count wands. That doesn't make them hunters.
Literally any class can swing a melee weapon, if only just staff, but it doesn't make them warriors.
>>
>>46507223
>so it seems illogical
Was pretty much what I was going for really, though I realize that it would be inconsequential, even if, say, the number of bandits in the Eastern Kingdoms is somehow larger than the number of bandits in Skyrim. Sylvanas (or the writers) would just chuck Blackthorn and his mooks in the hills and tell them to stay put.
>>
>>46517399
Heck, some of their abilities don't seem entirely physical either, especially with cerrain cosmetic glyphs buet even without them thunderclap was fucking insane.
>>
>>46517512
In WoW everyone sufficiently badass/trained has what to us is equivalent to magic.

I mean Rogues straight up turn invisible. They don't even need to be high level for it.
>>
>>46517218
Horde fanboys are seriously butt hurt of her trying to actually fight their Horde.
>>
>>46517256
Rogue is very defined: you need to know how to go stealthy, you need to know how to pick pocket, how to.

You can't just grab 2 daggers and call yourself a rogue.
>>
>>46517512
It's cartoon physics. It doesn't have to be realistic, just not outright magical.
>>
>>46517606
At the moment you can get so angry you grow bigger and FATCH ON FIRE plus you can have actual lightning strikes in your thunderclaps. (Sadly it is going to be a choice between fire and size in Legion because blizzard hates fun)
>>
>>46517399
I think what he meant was that while some classes like paladin (who all use the Light, and in mostly same way) are supposed to be a very specific thing, the warrior represents anybody who has devoted themselves to mastering melee combat. The warrior abilities are primarily there for game mechanic, rather than lore, and different warriors could have very different skillsets aside from the fatc that they're all experts in melee combat, reasons so it doesn't really matter if the tabletop version wouldn't replicate all the warrior specs and their abilities, as long as it still has the same "feel" (heavily armoured powerful melee fighter).
>>
>>46517399
except footmans are in warrior template.

That's just the how the world works.
you don't have to DEVOTE your life to be called a warrior.

Also they removed range weapons slot, so no they can't do it anymore.
You are really slow to catch up with WoW.

Yeah and Kael used a sword dueling Arthas, mages can be warriors you know?
>>
>>46517639
The same could be said about basically all the magic users, who while often times share tradition, seem to use wildly different spells in lore (although their class should be the same).

Really, even with paladins, there's no reason you can't have one group (say, the bloodelves whose paladin order was quite different from the rest) that has different abilities than all the other paladins.
>>
>>46517673
The thing about Mages is that lorewise Mages and Warlocks are the same class, just specializing in different forms of magic.
>>
>>46517673
You need to be using "arcane" based magic to be a mage, "fel" based magic to be a warlock.
They can look alike or different, but fundamentally defined to be the same.

All paladins uses holy light in some way, that's their defining trait.
>>
>>46517662
Oh look, it's the perpetually wrong Anon.

Actually the weapon slot is not specific to melee or ranged weaponry, you can equip either assuming your class allows it.
And while concept of melee spellcasters like battlemages or spellswords exists, swinging a sword at someone doesn't make you a warrior. Gandalf was fighting with a sword and nobody calls him warrior.
>>
>>46517662
You can still equip a ranged weapon just not at the same time as a sword.

And the footman is not remotely a player warrior in the sense of both WoW itself and any RPG adaptation kade by someone with half a brain. Though there is some overlap.
>>
>>46517736
I'd say footman is a specific case of warrior who received a specific education and has a set role in faction military.
>>
>>46517736
so what class are they?
We don't have the difference between fighter and warrior like D&D here.

And they do use warrior template.
>>
>>46517736
Well they at least implied they are the same when in TBC there were no BE Fighters because "Kael took them all", referencing that he has taken the footmen you can make in WC3:TFT.

>>46517721
>All paladins uses holy light in some way, that's their defining trait.

Right, what I'm saying is that blood elf paladins, whose holy light came from syphoning it directly from a kidnapped angel (I think?) don't have to have (in fact, probably shouldn't have) the same powers as a human paladin who went to paladin school.

Translated to 4e, human paladin would be normal paladin or cavalier, while the blood elf could be anything that uses radiant damage; even stuff like an invoker or some kind of avenger or radiant sorc or even radiant warlock.
>>
>>46517783
>Translated to 4e, human paladin would be normal paladin or cavalier,

With the addendum that the player wants to be a traditionally trained paladin. One of the fun things in tabletop is that you can make characters who break the rules.
>>
>>46517783
They don't have the same ability in TBC, but they still wields holy light, which is why they are all called paladins.
While Blizzard admitted that Sunwalker is just them being lazy and unwilling to make a new class for it.
>>
>>46517779
Actually in the WoW RPG there was a difference between fighter and warrior
>>
Hey guys, nostalruse being shut down means blizzard is making legacy servers now right?
>>
>>46517858
That would have been nice.

Especially if they allowed the players to migrate their Nos characters there.
>>
>>46517858
>Legacy Servers

I don't get why they still haven't done this. Most private servers are legacy servers after all.
>>
Let's make some guesses to how many expansions will be made to World of Warcraft before it stops being profitable to push out new ones.

So far we have:
[x] Outland + Burning region
[x] Northrend + Undead scourge
[x] reboot of vanilla zones + Deathwing
[x] Pandas and Asia
[x] Draenor reboot + Orcs and demons

And upcoming

[?] Emerald dream, demons and nagas

Let's start with several options that present themselves:

[ ] Argus and demons. Probably not right after Legion to give players a break from a demon themed expansion, but it does give opportunity to "take the fight to them". Designing zones would be challenging, since you could expect them all look like literal hell - maybe various mythologies of hell based on demon lord in charge of each, and extensive use of phasing to illustrate invader progress and regrowth?
[ ] Scourge redux. Some ideas have been already dropped in previous threads. Reboot for Nothrend zones (probably phased Northrend to save effort on creating new 70-80 content), or entire new zones underground?
[ ] K'aresh. Has it been obliterated, broken up like Outland, or is it just taken over by void creatures?
[ ] Other demonic content
[ ] Other Light v. Void content
[ ] Other Old God v. Titan content
[ ] Completely new continent based on ripped off Slavic folklore - in fact this could be tied into Argus content considering draeneis accent.
[ ] Completely new continent based on ripped off African folklore - this one seems very untapped, but it might also be too exotic for the players while people who would feel most familiar with it probably don't have a lot of potential as MMO demographic on account of being poor, i.e. it doesn't seem to have the same potential expanding into China had.
[ ] something else entirely?
>>
What is your favorite zone from a lore point of view?

Mine is Zul'Drak because it's got a solid narrative where you get to see the inner workings of a scourge necropolis and after their defeat you witness the last hours of one of the last troll empires.
>>
>>46518088
https://youtu.be/XuOYmqSF6OQ

Because we don't actually want it. The popularity of Nostalrius is clearly not indicative of consumer demand, only Blizzard knows what fun is.
>>
>>46519251
I really like Outland's Shattrath. It really gives me the feels of a sanctuary amidst chaos, where everybody's welcome to seek refuge.
>>
I feel that WoW really needs a new ranged physical dps class. A tinker of some sort. It's strange that there isn't a ranged gun using class for gnomes/goblins especially sinced they are the tech races. Dwarfs would work as well. It would be a class that focus on range dps you guns/crossbows bombs, inventions, potions crap like that.
>>
>>46519403
All the more on a pvp server where Shat is the only place you won't get gankraped in Outland.
>>
>>46519251
>What is your favorite zone from a lore point of view?
vanilla Eastern Plaguelands was so perfect man

Scourge, big mushrooms, mad scarlet crusaders and that fucking Naxxramas
>>
>>46519518
Thing is, new classes always follow the general theme of an expansion. So you have to think of what kind of expansion would include tinkerers.
>>
>>46519518
Most of what a tech-savvy class would be is already being covered by the engineering profession, and what there isn't yet covered is not enough to warrant a whole class. Potions are an entirely different thing, yet also already covered by the alchemist profession.
>>
>>46519518
I'd rather just see a ranged spec for rogues to go along with survival becoming a melee spec for hunters
>>
>>46519733
So I can get a set of Steam Armor where in engineer, exactly?
>>
File: kerbals.jpg (56 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
kerbals.jpg
56 KB, 1280x720
>>46519690
>tinkerer expansion
Gnomish/Goblin space program. The concept of "tinkerer" would be difficult, though, since the engineering profession effectively means anyone can tinker.
>>
>>46516365
I would be happy if Unholy DK got the ability to tame a single undead but it always just uses the same abilities and attacks. I don't need to be a hunter 2.0. I just want some more variety in my undead. The glyphs help a bit but every time I go through northrend I see undead that would be cool to fight alongside.
>>
>>46519518
that just sounds like a marksmenship hunter who takes full advantage of engineering
>>
>>46520558
Well than give me your idea for a ranged physical gun using dps class faggot.
>>
>>46521033
Here's my idea:
>It's not fucking needed because it's superfluous

There you go. Now leave.
>>
>>46521033
I think what he's saying is that another physical ranged class would be redundant, and I'm inclined to agree.
If there was to be a new physical ranged class, it would need some fluffing that's not already available, and present day hunter encompasses both elf archers as well as dwarven riflemen.

Tinker or Alchemist would clash with existing crafting professions.
>>
>>46521033
hitman rogue with silenced guns
>>
>>46521138
I want dedicated melee/ranged weapon slots back desu.
>>
Would there be merit to a high lethality, cheap revival campaign in the WoW universe with a focus on researching and scouting threats out beforehand?

I think it'd be cool to have the usual jobbers and trash mobs like Murlocs, Gnolls, Kobolds, and the Defias Brotherhood be treated as serious threats to a party of adventurers hacking their way through dangerous wilds in an attempt to build a name for themselves.

End boss will be Hogger, of course.
>>
>>46521224
Defias pillager is, and always will be a very serious threat
>>
Screw guns, I want THROWING WEAPONS. Axe Flinger, Spear Thrower, Huntress, Spellbreaker, Gryphon Rider, thrown weapons are part of Warcraft's DNA
>>
>>46521100
Steam Armor Building, Gatling Gun Wielding, and Gizmo Gadget Flinging.

You get various gizmos and gadgets that function more akin to Paladin Seals and Blessings than anything else, some giving passive benefits that can be popped for an immediate reward while others are just passive buffs.

You get heavier firepower than tradition hunters, ranging from howitzers to gatling guns. Maybe a focus on AoE ranged combat, moreso than the more focused attacks of a hunter.

And you get Steam Armor, a customizable suit that probably would depend on your spec with the Gadgeteer spec and Gunner spec both having far more modest sets while the Steam Knight gets a big fucking super suit that turns them into a tank spec.
>>
>>46521263
Too bad, you get shuriken and Heroic Throw.
>>
>>46521269
sounds like an engineer from Wildstar
>>
>>46521263
That's one thing 4e does better than WoW, thanks to marauder rangers.

Although spellbreakers are better encompassed by swordmages
>>
>>46521309
You mean the Engineer sounds like the Engineer? Gadzooks, that's crazy!

Also, Wildstar's 5x the game WoW is today. Glad to I dropped that piece of shit for an enjoyable MMO, since WoW's been dogshit since Cata onwards with a slight gleam of possible goodness in Mists.

>>46521344
Yup, 4E works beautifully for a Warcraft RPG if you aren't looking to use the official RPG. You just add on a tweaked little 'cooldown' system to replace the typical Encounter and Daily usage, and you're good. What our party did was:

>Everyone has a resource pool of 4 [STUFF], whether it's rage or mana or focus or tinkery-tonkies.
>At-Wills cost 1, Encounters cost 2, and Dailies cost 3
>Regen 1 resource at the start of each turn
>If you really want to get fancy, you can actually tailor the Resources to be a little more like the game's. Martials build up Rage/Focus, gaining 1 whenever they hit someone, 1 whenever they get hit, and 2 if either are a crit, while losing 1 per turn they neither attack or are attacked. Arcane characters can 1/encounter Evoke to boost themselves to 4 Mana.
>>
>>46521470
>Also, Wildstar's 5x the game WoW is today.
I'd still play it if it wasn't unoptimized as fuck and broke my computer
>>
>>46503593

I have a 1 shot adventure I wrote for a party of murlocs for the WoWRPG. I need to clean it up and make a PDF of it.
>>
>>46521263
>>46521300
I wish Shuriken toss worked with the glyph of Headhunting/axethrowing.

I wanted my rogue to toss a constant stream of axes at her foes. (Or a glyph that turns emerald lightning on monk into an arcing path of machinegun speed axes for my mojo-monk trollman. Seriously rename everthing "Chi" to Mojo and replace the celestials with Loa and the Monk class as depicted in WoW fits trolls perfectly, Vol'jin even tapped the keg at brewfest before becoming Warchief!)
>>
>>46518222
>[ ] Other Light v. Void content
>[ ] Other Old God v. Titan content
The Titans are dead and the Old Gods are part of the Void, and things seem to be building up to a war between Light and Void with holy Illidan being one of the Champions of Light.

Right now, I'm hoping we get an expansion where we get to meet the Apexis Arakkoa, who invented a mysterious Sky Temple, servitor robots, and death lasers. For all we know, they can travel in space.
>>
>>46521670
Really? Weird, never had an issue with that, nor do I know anyone that has.
>>
>>46521819
I still have no idea what the actual problem was, but after I exited it, my fans would rev up super high for excessive amounts of time, and basically by the time I figured out that Wildstar was the problem and quit, it'd had burned out my video card fan
>>
>>46503178
Anyone have any decent WoW futa exhentai links?
>>
>>46521766
>with holy Illidan being one of the Champions of Light.

wat
>>
>>46521911
>he doesn't know that Illidan is the General of the Army of the Light after having gone full Kerrigan

Ignorance is sweet bliss.
>>
>>46503785

Most of the major antagonists (IE the ones who were end of expansion bosses) were killed by a squad of adventurers, with assistance from major setting heroes.

Illidan, you had Maiev and Akama fighting with you.

The current end of WoD, you fight Archimonde, but along with the random 25 chucklefucks is Khadgar, Grommash Hellscream, and Exarch Yrel.

Icecrown Citadel was a badass group of 25 dudes acting as a strike team while everyone else in the world gangbangs the place from other directions.

Killing Deathwing, its the other 4 dragon aspects giving heavy support to a bunch of adventurers.

And really, if you look at say, WC3, I'd imagine if you took most of the big heroes, and threw 25 fully upgraded units at them, they would probably die like a bitch anyway.
>>
>>46521766
>The Titans are dead
The only dead Titan is Tyr, and even then it was only confirmed with Legion. Wrathion seems to believe they're alive and fucked off somewhere being stupid.
>>
>>46521911
>>46521950
Mind you the vision of him literlaly glowing with holy light may have been poetic license to indicate what team he was on.

>>46521970
Tyr was never a titan, he was a Titan Keeper.

Chronicles pretty clearly says that the Unicron style planet people titans were all murdered by Sargeras throwing a super fell corrupted planet at them when they disagreed with his plan to purge straholm-- Er, abort the baby titan Azeroth.

They tried to possess the keepers like Tyr but failed, only small parts of their souls surviving in their creations, unable to take control and with only one of the Keepers even aware of it (And too depressed by the enormity of that revelation to do anything about it)

Also we sorta killed I think norganon by offing Acrheadas and Loken (Yes, Archeadas was apparently a full blown titan keeper on the same tier as Tyr and the ones in Ulduar. Though since it was just a low level 5-man he may have just played dead)
>>
>>46521950
This has to be on purpose. Like they are being silly ironically.

PS, does his waifu love him yet?
>>
>>46510118
>RIP Nostralius.
>RIP Vanilla.
We never paid any heed to the ancient prophecies.
>>
>>46521958
>And really, if you look at say, WC3, I'd imagine if you took most of the big heroes, and threw 25 fully upgraded units at them, they would probably die like a bitch anyway.
Two heroes and 22 Units are more than enough to do any story mission boss, safe for a few special ones.
>>
Did Nostralrius have an RP scene? I mourn for what I lost without knowing it existed, but if it had even a smallish-but-stable RP scene, that makes it hurt all the worse.
>>
>>46521970
Tyr is just a Keeper and Sargeras murdered all of the other Titans.
>>46522407
No one loves Illidan. Anyhow, the vision he's shown even confuses him, but it's supposed to come at a price.

My guess is that the price is sufficiently nasty that the Elder Naaru chose him for it because Illidan is into paying that sort of thing. There's also hints that the Elder Naaru giving him the vision isn't aligned with the Sha'tar.
>>
>>46523611
>No one loves Illidan.
But that's wrong. I do like him.

Why can't they throw him the bone for once?
>>
>>46523912
They threw him an entire skull. That's technically a bone, so...
>>
>>46524664
Yeah, but then Furion went all prissy and told him to scram.

OK, so I'll precise it.

Somebody should throw him the bone for once and not do something mean to him seconds later.
>>
>>46503178
Step one, play D&D 4e
Step Two, apply Warcraft lore

Job done.
>>
>>46523912
I'm unironically fine with him doing a face turn. He is the betrayer after all. Hell, maybe he'll turn again after this blows over.

In the meantime I'll be happy to see him doing the right thing for once.

Then again, for all we know it could be Sargeras (aka The Deceiver) fucking with him, convincing him that he's doing the Right Thing and so he'll end up Light wielding boss in charge of Light Demons deployed by the Burning Legion against the forces of Darkness, i.e. the old gods.

Maybe he'll get a new title too: he who brings the light :^)
>>
>the reason Cho'gall was such a nihilistic psycho and was an ogre magi before Gul'dan started making them is because he was one of the last Gronn-aligned ogres instead of a Gorian citizen taken as a slave like the other Horde ogres
WoD did some things alright
>>
>>46525177
>The Betrayer
Didn't Furion threw him into prison because he had a vial from the Well of Eternity that would be later used to create the Sun Well?
>>
>>46525328
Was that really in it? That actually sounds pretty cool. I actually liked the Arakkoa too and felt they were handled relatively well.

The problem is, a lot of the stories seemed to have been cut off too soon and never went where they were meant to go. They hyped up the Warlords, but I barely remember any of them doing anything too noteworthy.
>>46524954
Well, you do need to work out the stats for the different races and make sure they accurately reflect that lore, because they aren't identical to the ones in D&D.
>>46525177
Well, the Naaru who contacted him seems different from the Naaru who are with the Draenei, going by how Illidan's Naaru told him he'll be a great champion for its cause and the Draenei Naaru decided they should go send people for his lootz. Either that or the Naaru are a bunch of backstabbing bastards.
>>
>>46525543
>Was that really in it?
I don't think it's ever stated, but it's heavily implied by the fact that he's been kidnapped by the Iron Horde without any Gorian offense over it, and looks all rocky despite never being mutated by C'thun
>>
>>46525543
>Well, the Naaru who contacted him seems different from the Naaru who are with the Draenei, going by how Illidan's Naaru told him he'll be a great champion for its cause and the Draenei Naaru decided they should go send people for his lootz. Either that or the Naaru are a bunch of backstabbing bastards.
Sha'tar attacked Illidan when he was a threat to Outland in general and Shattrath in particular and needed to be neutralized.
There's literally no backstabbing involved.
>>
>>46526176
It would be backstabbing if they told him he'd be their great champion and helped him out a bit before they sent adventurers on his ass without prior warning.

Besides, the thing with Shattrath was all Kael'thas's doing.
>>
>>46526222
>It would be backstabbing if they told him he'd be their great champion and helped him out a bit before they sent adventurers on his ass without prior warning.
Fair enough. Maybe it was "You're gonna help us and you're gonna like it." kind of deal.

>Besides, the thing with Shattrath was all Kael'thas's doing.
Illidari were launching attacks on Scryer and Aldor outpost in Shadowmoon Valley. Illidan was not a dindu by any means.
>>
>>46526395
Its already clearly stated that Kael attacked shattrath first, so shattrath started attacking illidan and illidan retaliate.
>>
>>46503178

It's essentially Tolkien but worse in literally every way ever conceived. Even Paladins in LoTR are better
>>
>>46526704
The point is that Illidan was attacking Sha'tar regardless of what Kael'thas did. If you're saying that Illidari attacks on Aldor and Scryer outposts was "merely self-defence", you'll have to show where either attacked him first.
>>
>>46526952
Its in the chronicle. Sha'tar started attacking illidan after Kael mounted his attack, and then illidan retaliated.

They are going the "Illidan was a good guy" all the way.
>>
>>46526952
>This Crimson Sigil will be investigated. They pose a threat to all life on Draenor. I foresee a day when their dark master has to answer for his crimes. Perhaps it will be you who brings him to justice, hero.
>>
>>46527005
Ah, so it's retcons then. Very well.
>>
>>46503611
Except you actually kill Dimensius after weakening him, preventing him from going full power on Outlands, and then beat his shit in with 5 adventurers (which are described in canon as "one man armies" as >>46503616 said) and an elite force of ethereals called "The Avengers".
>>
>Sylvanus has built the Forsaken around literally worshiping her
>bitch queen is literally stacy with her own faction full of white knights and screaming beta girls
>she is fucking blizzard so she can be the new horde queen
>caine will be a good lil beta and accept that
>post yfw
>>
>>46526704
>>46526952
>>46527005
>Its in the chronicle
This isn't from Chronicles. I haven't read the Illidan book, so it's unclear exactly what happened with Shattrath and Illidan.

What is known is that Illidan was apparently confused as to why the Sha'tar were attacking him, and his only guesses were that either they had betrayed him or that the Elder Naaru wasn't affiliated with the Sha'tar at all.
>>
File: jew rused shekel.jpg (36 KB, 301x351) Image search: [Google]
jew rused shekel.jpg
36 KB, 301x351
>putting orcs in internment camps
>instead of purging

fucking WHY!?
>>
File: uther4.jpg (88 KB, 636x495) Image search: [Google]
uther4.jpg
88 KB, 636x495
>>46528039
>>
File: disgusting.jpg (32 KB, 746x485) Image search: [Google]
disgusting.jpg
32 KB, 746x485
>>46528001
>>Sylvanus has built the Forsaken around literally worshiping her since day one
>they do it and orbit her without question
>they think being a slave is better than death
>forsakens are all normies
>>
>>46528021
>What is known is that Illidan was apparently confused as to why the Sha'tar were attacking him
[citation needed]
>>
File: Patrick_Henry_1.jpg (220 KB, 630x499) Image search: [Google]
Patrick_Henry_1.jpg
220 KB, 630x499
>>46528118
>they think being a slave is better than death
At least we know they're not American.
>>
>>46517639
Nigga stomping the ground creating a shockwave of force or lightning is CANON.

It's not "just flair" turning into an Angry stone giant by being angry is just how Warriors roll
>>
I love how one of the new four horsemen is causing so much rage
http://www.wowhead.com/news=252158/wowhead-weekly-75-wowhead-code-for-tyrande-pin-legion-four-horsemen-new-world-bo
>>
File: garithos did nothing wrong.webm (3 MB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
garithos did nothing wrong.webm
3 MB, 1440x900
Daily reminder
a
i
l
y

r
e
m
i
n
d
e
r
>>
>>46528351
>Whitemane

Oh hell yes
>>
>>46528351
>Souls damned for eternity.

Uh, what? Zeliek's soul stayed pure and he could even speak, and Morgraine's soul was purified by is son's sacrifice.

>>46528413
But her mane is no longer white!
>>
>>46528351
TIP OF THE SCOURGE SPEAR, NO GREATER HONOUR
>>
>>46528429
I think it will be fixed before launch.
>>
>>46528143
>When Illidan sees the Sha'tar are attacking the Black Temple, he thinks either the naaru "betrayed" him, or that the Elder Naaru doesn't speak for or have any influence over A'dal and the other naaru.
http://www.scrollsoflore.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1458352&postcount=923

[here's your fucking citation]
>>
>>46528441
https://youtu.be/hFqVWvPr2yE

we need more!
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.