[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
behelit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 235
Thread images: 94
would you trust your pc's/party members with one of these?

how could this fit in a campaign,or even a players hands,especially if said players didnt recognize it?

i want to put one in a campaign one day just to see what happens.i may even make rules for apostles and sacrifices if i really do it.though the chances of someone in my group recognizing the description instantly are more than average, i wanna see how you guys think things would go or how you would do it.
>>
WTF is it ?

Not trusting my players with something hasn't stopped me giving it to them before.
>>
>>46495161
Demon Egg that summons 4 to 5 incredibly powerful, near-godlike demons when you are at your absolute lowest point in life who then offer you to give you another chance by transforming you into a demon and the only thing you have to do is to sacrifice the person/s dearest to you.

>>46494568
Ripping shit straight off is dumb, but my players got their hands on a similar thing. It's a locket with a "Djinn" in it that fullfills three wishes to satisfaction, no douchebag-djinning envolved.
If anyone ever takes all three wishes, the Djinn is released.

However, there are two hooks the Djinn doesn't have to disclose:
All wishes he grants eventually twist around and try to go bad. It's not certain, you can try and avoid it, but fate definitely conspires to screw it up and goad you into taking another wish.

And the Djinn is actually a god that got locked away into the artifact. He's not a nice god and if he ever gets free, shit will go down.
>>
>>46495285
>no douchebag-djinning envolved
>All wishes he grants eventually twist around and try to go bad
Pick one.
>>
>>46495647
I think he's saying that the Djinn doesn't give you a word play on what you said, but the gods of fate don't like you cheating the system and give you suckage in response.
>>
>>46495285
Easy.
Wish 1 immortality

Wish 2 omnipotence

Wish 3 wish the Djin out of existence.
>>
The only guy i would entrust this is my own undead paladin.

He already is at his lowest, but would refuse anyway because paladin
>>
>>46495682
That's what I was trying to say. The Djinn doesn't turn your words against you, since he WANTS you to keep on wishing.

>>46495696
He can't grant what he doesn't possess, though. If he were powerful enough to grant omnipotence, he wouldn't be bound to silly lockets in the first place.
Probably should have specified that he's not 100% all-powerful, just Half-Phenomenal Sub-Cosmic.
>>
>>46494568
pretty irrelevant, what did flora say?

if you're not destined to hold it, it will find it's way away from you no matter how hard you try to keep it close

if you're destined to hold it, it will be in your possession at your hour of need no matter what

or something like that
>>
>>46495285
>Demon Egg that summons 4 to 5 incredibly powerful, near-godlike demons when you are at your absolute lowest point in life who then offer you to give you another chance by transforming you into a demon and the only thing you have to do is to sacrifice the person/s dearest to you.
They don't do that. You have to be preordained to become a demon god in the future like Griffith.
>>
>>46496272
this.
>>
>>46495285
Well that's easy anon.

>Wish for immortality

>Wish for the ability to teleport anywhere I want

>Wish that I became/mantled the Dijinn and overruled his mind

This way the Djinn is released, but I have become the Djinn.
>>
>>46496272
Well, OP did post the Red Behelith.

Plus, the God Hand always shows up to take your deal, even with a regular one. We saw that with the Slugguy.
>>
>>46496290
That's one way to solve it.
It's not supposed to be an unsolvable, player over-fucking situation after all. We'll see what the players do with it.
>>
>>46495161
Summons 5 Elder God-tier demons to have an audience with you, if you sacrifice something dear to you they'll turn you into a demon too and grant their favour.
>>
>>46495973
So he can't just remove himself from reality? That's the main thing I want done. If I can't get away with three wishes without setting a malevolent god lose then I would say its almost not worth it.
>>
>>46496413
That's kinda the point, yeah.
To be fair, they did take the locket from the guy that held it when he tried to use it to escape and then left him with the guards and moved on before he could explain the thing. To them it's just a powerful, distant but up to now upright spirit that grants wishes within bounds.
>>
>>46496272
Regular belits still turn you into a demon (apostle).

The Crimson Belit prophecy thing gets you virtual deification as one of the god hand.
>>
>>46496440
Okay. I feel that's actually a lot better then.
>>
>would you trust your pc's/party members with one of these?

Knowing my games, no? I don't want to get NTR'd Then again, I'm candidate number one for doing something awful with it.
>>
>>46494568
The Wizard, I would actually be fine letting her mess with it. She's not nearly insane or powerful enough to figure out how it works and she's got her life together.

The Ranger... Well, she's fucking retarded and stupidly happy all the time. I'd let her hold onto it.

The Monk would be fine because the Behelit can't help her achieve enlightenment.

The Rogue... No, I'd keep it away from him. He's got issues.
>>
>>46496272
You'll only ever come into permanent possession of a behelit if you are preordained to become a demon god, though.
>>
>>46495285
>Ripping shit straight off is dumb
Devils offering bargains to desperate people weren't invented by Berserk either, anon.
>>
>>46494568
Considering that a Behelit wouldn't really have any hard rules for it by the very virtue of how they work (destiny playing a large part) and thus would essentially function as the hand of the GM guiding the plot "gently" back onto the rails, I don't see why not. Let them have a million of the damn things, it's not like they can do anything with them that you don't want them to.

If you stat them up and let people buy some sort of behelit usage destiny during character creation or something it's a different story. It's the kind of thing you can trust some players with and not others. Some would be in it to handcraft a BBEG, others would be in it to "win". It's really more or less up to you which you prefer, if any of them.
>>
File: Berserk_v24_p112.png (577 KB, 1218x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v24_p112.png
577 KB, 1218x1800
>>46494568
Just because they have it doesn't mean they're going to use it. Likewise, not having it doesn't guarantee that they won't use it eventually.

If the Behelit exists in the setting, then there's always some chance that one of the people close to you may be destined to activate it at some point. It's not really a matter of trusting them to carry it, but rather hoping that when the time comes they choose to shoulder their burden rather than sacrifice.

>>46496054
Yes. Even if you took the Behelit from a person and hurled it into the sea or into a volcano, it would somehow find its way back to that person at their moment of greatest need. That's just how it works. It's sort of like Tolkien's One Ring in that regard, but perhaps even more insidious in its twisting of fate.

>>46496272
What? They absolutely work that way. What you said and what he said aren't mutually exclusive. If you can use it to summon the Godhand, then you have been preordained. In general, that can be anyone; from the most meager pauper to the grandest king.

I do not think OP was specifically referring to the Crimson Behelit specifically. It just happens that most search results in google for "Behelit" bring up that color. Probably because it's the only one ever featured in the anime. God forbid they animate something besides fucking Golden Age.

>>46496830
The rogue would probably be the one to get it then. Although you perhaps underestimate how the rest might react to strain so great that it could completely shatter them.

And even a child or a retard is capable of activating the Behelit. So long as they know agony and terror and despair, they hold the key.

You just have to hurt so badly, so deeply that you would do anything to make that horrible pain just go away. And it's then, when you're at your most vulnerable and small, that the Godhand offer you an escape.
>>
File: Berserk_v3_p113.png (788 KB, 1206x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v3_p113.png
788 KB, 1206x1800
>>46497057
Oops, said specifically twice. That's embarrassing.
>>
>>46494568
I dont know enough about this thing to say anything definite, but a Duke has promised one of my characters a deck of many things if they party can get rid of the local lich. The lich is the BBEG though, so it's going to be a while before he gets it.
>>
I can think of just one character out of the dozens I've played and have played with who would be able to handle the responsibility of a behelit.
Maybe one of my own as well, but I think he wouldn't sacrifice purely because he'd be pissed off if he ended up a demon after everything that happened.
>>46495285
>Ripping shit straight off is dumb
>Proceeds to accidentally do Wishmaster but make him even more of a dick because he might actually succeed
Welp.
>>
Well, I'm ForeverDM for a bunch of murderhobos.
So yes. Yes I would trust any of my players.
Trust any of my players to say the words when it activates, that is.
>>
File: Berserk_v16_p099.png (330 KB, 1209x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v16_p099.png
330 KB, 1209x1800
>>46495698
It would probably only activate after he was manipulated into falling through some long, complicated string of events that align everything perfectly against him. Fate would twist itself in such knots that it would make even Tzeentch shed a tear.

Fate in Berserk is crazy vicious. It will systematically undermine you and take everything away, and I mean everything. Perhaps over the course of years. The question is how will you respond when your whole world is turned upside down. When you're alone and in ruins and you feel like you have absolutely nothing left.
>>
File: Berserk_v12_p063.png (592 KB, 1230x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v12_p063.png
592 KB, 1230x1800
Also you don't have to be the one to activate the Behelit to be a victim of its machinations. If the character in question really is just totally incorruptible, chances are the Behelit wouldn't activate for them to begin with.

But their not quite so stalwart friend or lover, on the other hand, may find themself in a very dark place that said character couldn't save them from.

Point is it's a very bad object. Best that it not exist at all.
>>
In D&D terms, wouldn't a Behelit basically be a magic item that does absolutely nothing until right at the most dramatic point in the campaign, at which point it completely derails everything?

Why would you include that?
>>
File: Don't you like boats.png (323 KB, 600x386) Image search: [Google]
Don't you like boats.png
323 KB, 600x386
>>46497442
No. A behelit wouldn't even show up on a Detect Magic scan, because for all intents and purposes it's just a rock until the exact moment it's destined user needs it the most. Berserk is fucked up like that. Good manga, should be required reading for any DM intending to do gothic horror/ grimm fantasy in any capacity.

I'm on a boat.
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 448x252) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 448x252
>>46497442
Because muh anime, why else is this thread in existence? Not like anyone is discussing something new or interesting about wishes or genies, just generic monkey paw shit for the nth time.
>>
File: 1445455672884.png (54 KB, 330x330) Image search: [Google]
1445455672884.png
54 KB, 330x330
>>46497522
Because Berserk is /tg/ related. Quit being a fun-hating nigger.
>>
>>>46497261
My char is a oathsworn paladin against undeath turned undead and cursed to unlife until his duty is done. He's been through the worst already, nothing the bejelit can do will make things worse.

Then again, you are righ, the bejelit would not activate for him since there is nothing it could offer to him. It would probably go for a much more corruptible member of the party
>>
File: image.jpg (92 KB, 766x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92 KB, 766x960
>>46497550
How the fuck is it even mildly related? Got a card game? Board game? Can't be that it's in a midevil setting, because then you could say mlp or any other shitty setting is you cum guzzling faglord
>>
>>46497591
>he doesn't know Berserk has been /tg/ related since 2009
You autistic sperglord newfags are always so adorable. Such an excellent source of salt.
>>
>>46497611
Can you explain it to me how or are you going to continue to pull shit out of your ass?
>>
>>46497591
Berserk has been /tg/ since forever. It's the definitive dark fantasy manga, and maybe the definitive dark fantasy fiction period.

It's certainly more /tg/ related than half the shit gets posted around here.
>>
>>46497591
ooh, look out, we gotta badass here

shuffling towards us, stopping only to puff on his inhaler, he's gonna tell teacher that the nasty kids are having badwrongfun and aren't tg related
>>
>>46497591
>>46497623

Pretty much this: >>46497636

It's THE dark fantasy read. There isn't anything that does dark fantasy nearly as well as Berserk does.
>>
>>46497658
Also, didn't you know, anything is /tg/ related provided it's tangentially related to setting discussion.
>>
>>46497658
What about Warhammer Fantasy?
>>
>>46497638
I'll have you know it's a really nice inhaler
>>46497658
And that makes it and rpg or board game or card game how? Take it to /lit/ or /a/ to discuss your dark fantasy stories.
>>
>>46497623
Because it's essentially what Warhammer Fantasy would be if it was Manga, and also has a lot of elements for a dark setting to take inspiration from, and as such it falls under the same clause that allows /tg/ to talk about fantasy literature such as Wheel of Time, Don Quixote, and Tolkien

Honestly, you sound like the type of faggot who hates setting discussion and fantasy logistics, and you've probably never even heard of the Commander Keene clause.
>>
>>46497692
Take it to /lit/
>>
>>46497676
Not as good as Berserk.

>>46497690
I'll take "What is setting discussion?" for $1000 Alex.
>>
>>46497703
Provide reasons.
>>
>>46497690
You must be pretty damn new here and new to the hobby if you can't even figure that it's much more than the games,
>>
>>46497724
Why should anyone justify themselves to you? Are you an Admin? Mod? Janitor?
>>
>>46497703
Something that should have to do with settings of actual RPGs such as the various settings of the editions of DnD
>>
>>46497724
Literally this >>46497636 >>46497658
If you want to discuss dark fantasy, it's Berserk. You're either going off of Berserk, or comparisons to Berserk will be made. That's all there is to it.

You can complain all you like, but complaining about Berserk is like complaining about discussing Neuromancer when Cyberpunk comes up.
>>
>>46497749
>Something that should have to do with settings of actual RPGs such as the various settings of the editions of DnD

so nobody is allowed to run RPGs based on things that aren't RPGs

I don't think this is the hobby for you
>>
>>46497741
Two reasons:
1: I'm not the shitter you've been arguing with
2: I have no experience with dark fantasy beyond Warhammer Fantasy, so when you say Berserk is better than WHF, I'd like to know why.
>>
>>46497733
Nope just tired of flimsy excuses to discuss your favorite anime like >>46497752 where they claim dark fantasy never existed beforehand
>>
>>46497690
>>46497700
>implying /lit/ discussing fantasy literature
>ever
Now I know for certain that you're a newfag. Or Nazimod in disguise. /tg/ has ALWAYS been the place to discuss Fantasy literature, its a proud tradition, much like how we were the default ancient history board before the history was created. I gaurentee you that you will never get people to stop making Tolkein threads. Seriously, lurk moar and either acclimate to board culture, or piss off to leddit
>>
>>46497749
Is this really your first time here or is this some poor trolling. Click the catalog button down there and you will see that people here usually discuss many things aside just RPGs.
>>
>>46497057
>God forbid they animate something besides fucking Golden Age.
>he hasn't heard of the new anime
Anon, I bring good tidings
>>
>>46497792
Or I could have never gone to /lit/
>>46497802
I'd rather not look at the god awful amount of quests
>>
>would you trust your pc's/party members

No

Not even with butter knives

Not even with water balloons
>>
>>46497826
What are you doing on a board you seem to (mostly) hate and more importantly why are you in this thread if you don't like it?
>>
>>46497826
>missing the point
Now I know this is trolling
>>
>>46497775
holy shit just leave

please, go

you don't understand this board, you don't want to make an effort to fit in

this has nothing to do with anime, it is just good advice from the community you are rapidly alienating

you

are

not

welcome
>>
>>46497514
>I'm on a boat.
Its an island now
>>
>>46497591
Hide thread, move on to your 40K threads.
>>
>>46497859
>you are now realizing that once they finish up there, they'll have to get BACK ON THE BOAT for the return to the mainland
>>
>>46497986
Miura why.
>>
>>46497860
The 40Kids can't stand anything that isn't their little doll game
>>
>>46497826
>I'd rather not look at the god awful amount of quests
Cracker there are only like six or seven even up.
>>
>>46498502
Seriously. People cry about needing a containment board for quests but really the 40K crowd needs it more
>>
>>46497986
It doesn't matter. Berserk will never be good again. Miura's watched/played too many generic anime shows and his tastes have changed from what they used to be. None of this matters.
>>
File: 1456169808633.jpg (21 KB, 372x260) Image search: [Google]
1456169808633.jpg
21 KB, 372x260
>>46497826
/quest/ when?
>>
>>46498613
... but /tg/ IS the 40k containment board. Like it or not Warhammer Wednesday shitting up /b/ is the entire reason this board even exists.
>>
>>46498646
/40k/ when?
>>
>>46498646
Never going to happen, kid.
Quests are as much /tg/ as 40K and D&D are
>>
>>46498659
Just proves my point. They're contagiously caustic
>>
>>46495696
>>46496290
Don't just take immortality and leave room for it to go wrong, you'll get your shit Twilight Zoned. Wish for the favor of the djinn, make one dick-free wish interpreted by a power now inclined to be helpful to you, wish him back in the bottle.
>>
>>46498878
>the favor of the djinn
Because there's no way this can go wrong at all.

Reminds me of the SCP where they let it try to make a contract with the head of their legal department, and they never even got to the end of the legal definition of 'the' before the guy passed out from dehydration.
>>
>>46498878
Not bad at all.
>>
>>46494568
Thing is, unless I can feed it to Skelly Knight, it's probably gonna wind up in their hands again anyways.
>>
>>46496451
Regular behelits were green, right?
>>
>>46499145
I have seen them blue
>>
>>46496529
Storytime? Storytime.
>>
>>46499184
>>46499145
Blue, green, and yellow I'm pretty sure are their common colors

There have only ever been five crimson behelits and those are used to create the Godhand.
>>
>>46497577
No, see, this guy is understating how strong the hand of Fate is.

If your character WAS chosen, there would be no course other than to join with the Godhand because its Fate. And not just like, fate but Fate "This is as much a law as Gravity and Relativity".

Like, you're thinking about torture but what if your entire party was TPK'd just before the Liche BBEG triggers his evil plan? Or your character's order is all driven insane by BBEG and they butcher your character, leaving you a dying husk? The only way to recover being the Behilt.

Of course he'd probably end up damning himself to Hell to save the world and his party from the Lich, he's a paladin. And that's how Behilts work; you're left in a situation, an intolerable situation, where hatred, love, joy, fear, despair, honour, charity and prudence will force you to accept the deal.

Is it unfair? Of course it is but the Behilt isn't so much a "deal" as it is an extortion which can only ever be rejected once you've been branded or else taken the Deal.
>>
>>46497591
MLP has a TCG.
MLP is already /tg/
>>
>>46497773
Honestly? It's not. Berserk is a story and a character piece, Warhammer Fantasy is a setting. Now, I'd personally think Berserk is better fuel for a story because its got unique ideas in regards to creature treatment, doesn't rely on staple races, has a lovely magic/magical item system and is very consistent in how competent things are.

The Apostles, Trolls, Angels, Evil Spirits are all very very unique and interesting in comparison to other takes and are good examples of how to think outside of the box.
>>
>>46499292
Allegedly, anyhow. We shan't know until the end, and it might indeed fall into place "the way it was always supposed to happen" or maybe not, you know?

And it doesn't have to in anyone's campaign, although opening up a can of worms talking about railroading in general, and the consequences of predestination, and how they apply to player behavior could be fun.

Would the players split the difference by being like The Misfit from a Good Man is Hard to Find, or like Anton Chigur? Just keep on keeping on because it doesn't matter, they are pawns in the hand of fate foreordained to ruin peoples lives, but also foreordained to pay? (For Heaven or Hell entirely, no middle ground) Or would they ultimately, "know" they are good people, and stick with that? Would the perception that they are good people justify anything they did? Would they be WRONG if even against cursory examniation by other people in their world, they did not at first seem like good people?
>>
File: 125583.gif (678 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
125583.gif
678 KB, 900x1200
>>46499333
That's not the only thing
>>
>>46497816
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbJsTj4BeZ0
Trigger warning: Spoopy Skellingtons
>>
>>46500005
that looks terrible

still gonna watch it though
>>
>>46500005
>>46500578
Personally I'm just praying they do conviction or at least lost children sincr Black swordsman is short as shit
>>
>>46497057
Hey, theyre animating post golden age this year
>>
File: Berserk_v3_p142.png (890 KB, 1222x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v3_p142.png
890 KB, 1222x1800
>>46499292
>there would be no course other than to join with the Godhand because its Fate.
Not necessarily. Fate can be denied. Causality isn't a circle, so on and so forth. It's one of the central themes of the series.

Guts is the epitome of this. Every time he takes a breath it's like a wordless "fuck you" to fate. And the Count proved early on that even apostles, twisted and pitiful though they are, can tell the five Angels of the Godhand to go fuck themselves. He wouldn't let them lay a finger on his beloved daughter.

Fate may funnel a person down a very narrow path in Berserk, and a lot of times it seems like the characters don't have any say in what ultimately happens, but there are crossroads; rare moments where things can go one way or the other.
>>
File: FUN and EXCITEMENT.png (611 KB, 1218x1800) Image search: [Google]
FUN and EXCITEMENT.png
611 KB, 1218x1800
>>46502147
I've heard, and on the one hand that's good; at least now I'll be able to talk about something besides Golden Age without confusing anime only folks. On the other hand, after seeing how they butchered the Golden Age in the most recent offering, I shudder to think how much they're going to shit on Black Swordsman, Lost Children, and Tower of Retribution.

It makes me sad every time I think about the fact that I'll never see the glorious captain of the Black Dog Knights animated. I mean how could you skip the Hawk Hunt? That was on par with Zodd's intro for one of the best parts of the Golden Age! Shit got cuhrazy!
>>
>>46502556
>implying man has control; even just over his own will
>>
>>46500578
I think they want to do the entire series sticking to the 3D animantion and eventually they are going to be good enough at it that it actually starts looking good. Gotta hand it to them, that takes some dedication.

>>46502556
This. The entire point is that the God Hand tries to rig the game and make you break, but in the end it's still you who has to make the sacrifice.
>>
File: Berserk_v11_p066.png (548 KB, 1207x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v11_p066.png
548 KB, 1207x1800
>>46502733
In terms of Berserk, I can post proof.

If you mean in general, I doubt I'm smart enough to keep up with you in such a deep philosophical discussion, senpai.
>>
File: Berserk_v14_p088.png (581 KB, 1201x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v14_p088.png
581 KB, 1201x1800
In order to appease some of the detractors and make this thread slightly more /tg/ related, I'll post a few excerpts from Berserk chapters that could make for good inspiration.

Berserk discussion and artwork can't be any worse than our average art thread, yes?

Lets start with the Lost Children introduction scene.

88/110
>>
File: Berserk_v14_p089.png (777 KB, 1217x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v14_p089.png
777 KB, 1217x1800
>>46503081
89/110
>>
File: Berserk_v14_p090.png (660 KB, 1220x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v14_p090.png
660 KB, 1220x1800
>>46503097
90/110
>>
File: Berserk_v14_p091.png (648 KB, 1212x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v14_p091.png
648 KB, 1212x1800
>>46503112
91/110

By the way, you can download the manga there if you're interested:
http://bakabt.me/torrent/162057/berserk-scans
>>
File: Berserk_v14_p092.png (573 KB, 1203x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v14_p092.png
573 KB, 1203x1800
>>46503154
92/110

Be warned, this series sometimes treads some very bleak territory.
>>
File: Berserk_v14_p093.png (585 KB, 1220x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v14_p093.png
585 KB, 1220x1800
>>46503182
93/110
>>
File: Berserk_v14_p094.png (560 KB, 1207x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v14_p094.png
560 KB, 1207x1800
>>46503204
94/110
>>
File: Berserk_v14_p095.png (453 KB, 1216x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v14_p095.png
453 KB, 1216x1800
>>46503218
95/110
>>
File: Berserk_v14_p096.png (671 KB, 1185x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v14_p096.png
671 KB, 1185x1800
>>46503245
96/110
>>
File: Berserk_v14_p097.png (567 KB, 1193x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v14_p097.png
567 KB, 1193x1800
>>46503266
97/110

Oops. Almost skipped 97!
>>
>>46499200
Sorry anon, I went to bed before your post. I just kinda have a history of destroying worlds/universes, making ridiculous power grabs and wiping out large numbers of people due to circumstances.

I'd storytime the best incidents, but I've got a game right now.
>>
File: Berserk_v14_p098.png (662 KB, 1180x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v14_p098.png
662 KB, 1180x1800
>>46503316
98/110
>>
File: Berserk_v14_p099.png (562 KB, 1210x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v14_p099.png
562 KB, 1210x1800
>>46503339
99/110
>>
>>46503218
How the fuck is dragonslayer positioned like that?
>>
File: Berserk_v14_p100.png (599 KB, 1183x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v14_p100.png
599 KB, 1183x1800
>>46503358
100/110
>>
>>46503364
Half in the ground?
>>
>>46503364
>>46503392
Guess it'd have to be. Maybe the hollow dips down a little further in?
>>
File: Berserk_v14_p101.png (595 KB, 1217x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v14_p101.png
595 KB, 1217x1800
>>46503376
101/110

>>46503364
Diagonally. The hilt may not be at the perfect angle in regards to the ground, but the ground isn't level either.
>>
File: Berserk_v14_p102.png (595 KB, 1175x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v14_p102.png
595 KB, 1175x1800
>>46503415
102/110
>>
File: Berserk_v14_p103.png (695 KB, 1211x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v14_p103.png
695 KB, 1211x1800
>>46503428
103/110

The curse brought on by the brand is a real nuisance.
>>
File: Berserk_v14_p104.png (654 KB, 1198x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v14_p104.png
654 KB, 1198x1800
>>46503454
104/110
>>
File: Berserk_v14_p105.png (693 KB, 1206x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v14_p105.png
693 KB, 1206x1800
>>46503476
105/110
>>
File: Berserk_v14_p106-107.png (1 MB, 2510x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v14_p106-107.png
1 MB, 2510x1800
>>46503492
106/110
107/110
>>
File: Berserk_v14_p108.png (717 KB, 1173x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v14_p108.png
717 KB, 1173x1800
>>46503513
108/110
>>
>>46503476
>FX "sound" of mouth opening silently
>>
File: Berserk_v14_p109.png (505 KB, 1206x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v14_p109.png
505 KB, 1206x1800
>>46503536
109/110
>>
File: Berserk_v14_p110.png (527 KB, 1186x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v14_p110.png
527 KB, 1186x1800
>>46503557
110/110

That's it for that segment. I'll probably post another excerpt in a little while.
>>
>>46495285
>when you are at your absolute lowest point in life
That's pretty damn ambiguous.
>spoiled child gets his hand on it
>what? No cereal left?
>the store is closed today?
>this is the worst day of my life!
Boom! Demon apocalypse!
>>
>>46503630
>Monday morning
>>
>>46494568
As a GM, what this guy >>46497018
said, it's just a trinket unless you allow it otherwise.

As fellow player, Fuck dat noise, anything that allows another player to steal someones soul/body and feed it do demons/demonic gods without any of their intervention or consent gets it thrown into the abyss and their throat slit in the night.
>>
>>46503630
It's supposed to be a serious and emotionaly devastating moment. The absolute lowest point of your entire life, not just the last few months or so.
The ones I can most clearly remember are the Slug Count and Griffith.

The Slug Count was a very pious nobeman, constantly stamping out heresy and paganism etc. His lowest point in life was when he found out his wife was leading a pagan orgy cult in his basement while he was out, but hadn't the heart to kill her after he slew eveyone else.

Griffith's (main antagonist) lowest point was when he was robbed of everything that gave his life meaning. His body was too broken to ever fulfill his grand ambitions just as he was about to fulfill them.
He felt betrayed because his former comrades/underlings started to make plans on doing other stuff, including his best friend Guts (main character) and Casca (main secondary character).
>>
>>46503879
What if it's given to someone who passed that point? Got down low, and lived to rise back up.

Also, I think I'll just get into it. I've finished Fist of the North Star anyways.
>>
>>46503917
Then either it wasn't your true lowest point or it would find a way to leave you. The whole thing is kind of dickish. That being said, this a setting where either god doesn't exist or he actively allows evil in the world depending on your canon and interpretation.
>>
File: 0_Idea_of_Evil.jpg (80 KB, 561x819) Image search: [Google]
0_Idea_of_Evil.jpg
80 KB, 561x819
>>46504005
>Either god doesn't exist or he actively allows evil in the world
Pretty sure God in Berserk is going out of their way to create as much evil as possible
>>
>>46503917
>>46503879
Hold on a minute, this thing is still ongoing?
I can't just risk myself getting caught up in it if there is still no resolution in sight!
>>
>>46504080

We just spent a long time on a boat.

We got off the boat.

On to an island. The main plot is not on the island.
>>
Well, now I have a new reading project after I finish REH's Conan stories. I always wanted to know what happens after the anime ended.
>>
>>46504080
It's still ongoing although the pace has slowed to a crawl of late.

As I understand it, both the frequency and tone of the writing is heavily based on the moods of the main writer/artist in that he only does it when he is depressed.

Of late, its largely gotten more optimistic, but the releases have fallen from once every other month to like one in two years(?) or something like that.
>>
File: Berserk_v19_p123.png (620 KB, 1220x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v19_p123.png
620 KB, 1220x1800
Next up, Guts vs. Serpico: Round 1!

1/17

>>46503917
You can always get low again. Unless you're completely numbed to hurt and sorrow, there's still an opportunity to bring out the worst in a person. Again, Guts is a good example. He's constantly fighting to keep his head above water as of late. A conflicted and tortured soul, thus far he has persevered.

>>46504005
Flora seemed rather religious, and she seems to believe in some sort of afterlife that isn't horrible. At least for magicians.
>>
File: Berserk_v19_p124.png (666 KB, 1224x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v19_p124.png
666 KB, 1224x1800
>>46504178
2/17

>>46504176
>he only does it when he is depressed.
This reeks of rumor, though I wouldn't be surprised if there were some truth to it. Or was it openly admitted and I'm just not aware?

It's true that the release schedule is painfully erratic though. Has been for a long time. Since around Vritannis, I think.
>>
File: Berserk_v19_p125.png (536 KB, 1228x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v19_p125.png
536 KB, 1228x1800
>>46504230
3/17
>>
>>46504176
That really sucks. I admire that he channels his depression this way, and have been consistent about it, but why doesn't he just wraps it up for the sake of the story and starts another?
>>
File: 042.jpg (504 KB, 1400x2025) Image search: [Google]
042.jpg
504 KB, 1400x2025
>>46504148
But that sickass slap tho.
That felt so good.
>>
File: Berserk_v19_p126.png (660 KB, 1227x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v19_p126.png
660 KB, 1227x1800
>>46504248
4/17
>>
File: Berserk_v19_p127.png (578 KB, 1226x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v19_p127.png
578 KB, 1226x1800
>>46504264
5/17
>>
File: Berserk_v19_p128.png (683 KB, 1225x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v19_p128.png
683 KB, 1225x1800
>>46504278
6/17
>>
File: Berserk_v19_p129.png (571 KB, 1225x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v19_p129.png
571 KB, 1225x1800
>>46504302
7/17
>>
File: Berserk_v19_p130.png (636 KB, 1231x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v19_p130.png
636 KB, 1231x1800
>>46504322
8/17
>>
File: Berserk_v19_p133.png (653 KB, 1226x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v19_p133.png
653 KB, 1226x1800
>>46504347
9/17
>>
>>46504148
An island is just a boat made of rock, anon
>>
>>46504230
Wait, since when did Guts go to the Giant's Tomb to fight Leeroy
>>
File: Berserk_v19_p134.png (519 KB, 1225x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v19_p134.png
519 KB, 1225x1800
>>46504370
10/17
>>
>>46494568
The thing is letting any one party member even hold it means that they or the party is due for some REAL fucking bad news eventually, since it only activates at the owner's lowest point. Regardless of whether or not they actually accept the deal it's an omen of bad luck.

That being said - the fact that Guts still hasn't gotten rid of the one he looted off the Baron is disturbing to say the least. It's implying that the Eclipse WASN'T the lowest point in his life yet. Think about that for a moment.

Miura is a fucking monster.
>>
>>46501641
lost children has a good portion of naked lolis though. could they even get away with it
>>
File: Berserk_v19_p135.png (683 KB, 1228x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v19_p135.png
683 KB, 1228x1800
>>46504395
11/17
>>
File: hExE4.jpg (502 KB, 1506x1100) Image search: [Google]
hExE4.jpg
502 KB, 1506x1100
>>46504382
But wait, there's more.
>>
File: Berserk_v19_p136.png (494 KB, 1227x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v19_p136.png
494 KB, 1227x1800
>>46504416
12/17
>>
>>46504410
They did in the original series since you can see the fairy
>>
>>46504251
I don't know. Certainly at this point, I don't think that it could end without Guts taking on Griffin and Griffin is a god-like being whom have previously been shown to die only later to come back to life.

I think it would be hard to end it quickly without Guts ust finding some magic item/spell that undoes them which may not be that satisfying.
>>
File: Berserk_v19_p144.png (507 KB, 1225x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v19_p144.png
507 KB, 1225x1800
>>46504444
13/17
>>
>>46497087
What's the phrase?
>>
>>46504453
Does he do the art as well? Things might go faster if he would do the writing only, and others would do the drawing.
>>
File: Berserk_v19_p145.png (614 KB, 1228x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v19_p145.png
614 KB, 1228x1800
>>46504464
14/17

>>46504448
Seeing Puck naked is different from seeing Rosine naked. Puck isn't human, he doesn't even have nipples much less genitalia (although I'm pretty sure we see him urinate at least once, oddly enough) whereas Rosine's deformed but still anatomically correct where it counts. Same with her fake fairy entourage.

Maybe I'll post adult attack next.
>>
>>46504507
He does everything but the publishing himself IIRC. He's said he spends about a solid 24 hours drawing each page and will throw one away if every detail isn't up to his standards.

It's the most well-drawn manga out there but the wait is torture.
>>
>>46504502
Can't remember offhand, but its assent to take his wife and in return they make him a demonic apostle.
>>
File: Berserk_v19_p146.png (767 KB, 1225x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v19_p146.png
767 KB, 1225x1800
>>46504510
15/17

>>46504502
Huh? I said specifically twice in the post before that. I only needed one or the other.

>>46504507
I agree though some would call that blasphemy. Perhaps even Miura himself. He's kind of OCD in the way he draws pages sometimes. His scenery can get a little over the top from time to time.
>>
>>46504502
I'm not sure on the exact wording, but he has to confirm that he will accept the sacrifice. It's not a codeword or anything. If he does, he becomes all-powerful, and the people he holds most dear become cursed and basically have no chance to continue living. Being devoured by demons then and there is the most likely outcome.
>>
File: Berserk_v19_p147.png (617 KB, 1236x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v19_p147.png
617 KB, 1236x1800
>>46504557
16/17
>>
Any other dark fantasy manga /tg/ reccomends? I heard Claymore is a thing that has some awesome monster designs.
>>
>>46504502
In Griffith's case he said 'I sacrifice', so it's probably not a phrase per se but more of consent to the deal itself.
>>
>>46504510
Nah Puck was never in the series but Rosine was she was the fairy that Rickard sees when the injured men get eaten
>>
>>46504582
Man, Claymore is one of the reasons I don't like to start unfinished stuff.

>>46504557
>>46504547
A pity. What are the chances of him dying before he finishes?
>>
File: Berserk_v19_p148.png (593 KB, 1208x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v19_p148.png
593 KB, 1208x1800
>>46504578
17/17.

Winner: Guts

>>46504569
Oh, shit, that's what he meant? Haha. Yeah, the phrase is, "I sacrifice," iirc. Might not even need to be that specific.
>>
>>46504438
RUN
>>
File: Puck animated.gif (1015 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
Puck animated.gif
1015 KB, 500x280
>>46504644
Oh yeah. I thought they cut that out of the TV series and the OVA. I admit I've never bothered to watch either.

I thought you were referring to this.
>>
>>46504502
I think typically it's "this I sacrifice"
>>
>>46504406
I'm still thinking that the Behelit is for Casca.
At some point it was said that Casca could find healing on the Island, but Guts probably won't like it.
Miura has to find SOME way to get Guts over to Falconia and kill the shit out of everybody, and Griffith won't personally shit in his breakfast anymore at this point, so it has to be some major shit concerning the current group.
>>
>>46504406
On the other hand, it's not just about the lowest point, but about a point where the "target" is most likely to accept the offer. I doubt Guts would accept the offer during the Eclipse, since it would be offered by the "people" that are the cause of all his suffering at that point.
>>
>>46504795
The Behelit doesn't necessarily have to be for anyone that Guts is currently traveling with. It's just traveling with them until it reaches its own destination, and we have no idea where that is. We can't know, not until the moment of its activation. That is its nature.

Keep in mind Vargas held on to that Behelit for years and despite his sorry state, it was never meant for him to use.
>>
>>46504725
You'll only die tired.
>>
File: Slan.png (750 KB, 1268x1800) Image search: [Google]
Slan.png
750 KB, 1268x1800
>>46504406
I really, really don't think the Behelit is meant for Guts, much to the chagrin of Godhand Slan. She's been pushing for Apostle Guts since Volume 3.
>>
File: PLOT EXPOSITION SKELETON ARRIVES.png (812 KB, 1279x1800) Image search: [Google]
PLOT EXPOSITION SKELETON ARRIVES.png
812 KB, 1279x1800
>>46505013
>This is how I DMPC.
>>
>>46505048
Probably one of the cooler ways to DMPC. Fucking badass and enigmatic mentor/guardian. Really only shows up when shit seriously goes down.
>>
>>46505013
Speaking of which, was it ever told what colour the Behelit Guts carries has? He is depicted with Griffith's Crimson Behelit in just about every colored work that I can find.
>>
>>46504910
I'd like to think it's for Casca to sacrifice Guts or even Griffith.
>>
Griffith was a unique case in that he ascended to the Godhand using the Red Behelit, which only happens every 216 years.

All other ascensions using the Behelit grant Apostle-dom.
>>
File: Berserk 28 - 016.jpg (2 MB, 3000x4284) Image search: [Google]
Berserk 28 - 016.jpg
2 MB, 3000x4284
>>46505094
Or just to explain the plot. Seriously, the guy is like the spoopy skeleton version of Morgan Freeman.

>>46505225
Sacrifice Femto of the Godhand? That would be awkward.

>>46505143
I think it was olive greenish. There should be a color page in volume 2, or maybe near the beginning of 3. I'll look after I hit post on this.
>>
>>46505303
Searching for "Behelit Green" brought up a picture from the OVA. I'm not sure how canon that is, but it's probably correct. Thanks.
>>
File: Berserk_v2_p006.jpg (693 KB, 1241x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v2_p006.jpg
693 KB, 1241x1800
>>46505143
Wrong on both counts! It was the beginning of Volume 2, and the color of the behelit Guts carries, the behelit that transformed the Count, is this sickly shade of brown that you see here.
>>
>>46504438
I love how the zombies just say 'jerk' and 'what the hell' at the fact that they're dead.
>>
>>46505369
Ah, cool. Serves me right for believing the OVA I guess.
>>
>>46505303
There's no rule that says apostles can't be the sacrifice; it's just unlikely because they're, ya know, monsters.

Casca still loves Griffith. He was always the most important thing to her until Guts threatened that.

So there are two possibilities. She turns on Guts to be with Griffith, or she sacrifices Griffith for something new. The godhand is complete; it's possible the next step would just be the incarnation of the Idea of Evil itself or something similar. It would be an interesting subversion of expectations.

That said Gut's own path is pretty much spelled out. If he sacrifices someone it'll be Casca and it'll be for the chance to kill Griffith, with him turning into the black dog apostle.

If that's going to happen I suspect it'll happen with a restored Casca willingly choosing to go to Griffith and support him even after all he's done and fight against Guts. Which isn't unlikely. Casca was never particularly bright.
>>
File: Berserk_v17_p215.png (549 KB, 1221x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v17_p215.png
549 KB, 1221x1800
>>46505475
It's true there hasn't been anything to suggest that an apostle cannot be the sacrifice. Quite the contrary, there is evidence that they CAN be sacrificed.

The Egg Apostle was, after all, included in his own sacrificial offering. He is the only branded apostle we've seen thus far.

As far as what Casca ultimately wants, I do not know. If the behelit turns out to belong to her, we'll just have to see then. I would be surprised, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I trust in Miura's ability to tell a good story.

>>46505421
To be fair, Bloody Bible Mozgus is a jerk. Speaking of which, one more excerpt. Mozgus' introduction and the beginning of the Tower of Retribution mini arc.
>>
>>46505624
Whenever I see Mozgus all I can think of is, "I wanna play Dominions 4 as Middle Age Marignon."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUMkcBctE7c
>>
File: Berserk_v17_p216.png (609 KB, 1222x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v17_p216.png
609 KB, 1222x1800
>>46505624
216/238

>>46505439
I meant I was wrong on both counts, not you, in case that wasn't clear. I misquoted your post again when I meant to quote my own that time.
>>
File: Berserk_v17_p217.png (451 KB, 1225x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v17_p217.png
451 KB, 1225x1800
>>46505663
217/238
>>
File: Berserk_v17_p218.png (689 KB, 1226x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v17_p218.png
689 KB, 1226x1800
>>46505683
218/238
>>
File: Berserk_v17_p219.png (680 KB, 1224x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v17_p219.png
680 KB, 1224x1800
>>46505703
219/238
>>
File: Berserk_v17_p220.png (627 KB, 1219x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v17_p220.png
627 KB, 1219x1800
220/238
>>
File: GZ8XDR5.jpg (109 KB, 800x593) Image search: [Google]
GZ8XDR5.jpg
109 KB, 800x593
>>46505663
Ah, ok. I'm going to make it more confusing though and post this calendar image where it is dark green. I'm going to account the brownish color of the color page to either the candle-lighting, or just the scan. It's still depicted with green stripes either way.
>>
File: Berserk_v17_p221.png (622 KB, 1226x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v17_p221.png
622 KB, 1226x1800
>>46505745
221/238
>>
File: Berserk_v17_p222.png (647 KB, 1227x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v17_p222.png
647 KB, 1227x1800
>>46505773
222/238

>>46505760
Aha, I see. Good catch. Yeah, it's likely just the lighting in the room that makes it appear brown on that page.
>>
File: Berserk_v17_p223.png (569 KB, 1226x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v17_p223.png
569 KB, 1226x1800
>>46505824
223/238
>>
File: Berserk_v17_p224.png (540 KB, 1222x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v17_p224.png
540 KB, 1222x1800
>>46505863
224/238
>>
File: thrall_hood.png (69 KB, 190x282) Image search: [Google]
thrall_hood.png
69 KB, 190x282
>>46505773
Oh look, more stuff Miyazaki ripped from Berserk
>>
>>46505882
>the Healing Church.png
>>
File: Berserk_v17_p225.png (440 KB, 1217x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v17_p225.png
440 KB, 1217x1800
>>46505882
225/238
>>
>>46505885
it's an homage
>>
File: Berserk_v17_p226.png (579 KB, 1214x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v17_p226.png
579 KB, 1214x1800
>>46505910
226/238
>>
File: Berserk_v17_p227.png (517 KB, 1224x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v17_p227.png
517 KB, 1224x1800
>>46505934
227/238
>>
File: Berserk_v17_p228.png (492 KB, 1221x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v17_p228.png
492 KB, 1221x1800
>>46505954
228/238
>>
File: 1456537289802.jpg (1 MB, 1280x3048) Image search: [Google]
1456537289802.jpg
1 MB, 1280x3048
>>46505974
>>
File: Berserk_v17_p229.png (562 KB, 1230x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v17_p229.png
562 KB, 1230x1800
>>46505974
229/238
>>
File: Berserk_v17_p230.png (417 KB, 1209x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v17_p230.png
417 KB, 1209x1800
>>46506000
230/238
>>
File: Berserk_v17_p231.png (586 KB, 1222x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v17_p231.png
586 KB, 1222x1800
>>46506026
231/238
>>
File: Berserk_v17_p232.png (539 KB, 1223x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v17_p232.png
539 KB, 1223x1800
>>46506051
232/238

See? He is a jerk. What the hell, indeed.
>>
>>46506000
the moment I fell in love with father mozgus
>>
>>46504079
Technically in a weird sort of "schrodinger's canon" status considering that chapter has never been published in a collection or ever mentioned again.
>>
File: Berserk_v17_p233.png (502 KB, 1218x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v17_p233.png
502 KB, 1218x1800
>>46506079
233/238

On this page, Farnese is that player whose fetish just got mentioned.
>>
File: ImmortanJoe-1170x731.jpg (159 KB, 1170x731) Image search: [Google]
ImmortanJoe-1170x731.jpg
159 KB, 1170x731
>>46505995
>Annalise
>Black Pudding
Perfect
>>
File: Berserk_v17_p234.png (590 KB, 1212x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v17_p234.png
590 KB, 1212x1800
>>46506119
234/238
>>
>>46506119
I wonder if she still get off to people burning alive
>>
File: Berserk_v17_p235.png (449 KB, 1219x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v17_p235.png
449 KB, 1219x1800
>>46506143
235/238
>>
File: Berserk_v17_p236.png (394 KB, 1221x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v17_p236.png
394 KB, 1221x1800
>>46506167
236/238

>>46506149
Lately? Probably not. She had her "Come to Jesus" moment in the cave with Casca and since then she's been pretty devoid of her former kinkiness.

The only other time I recall it being mentioned post-Conviction was when they got their elemental weapons and Serpico mentions that he's glad the Ignis Dagger wasn't passed to Farnese.
>>
File: Berserk_v17_p237.png (583 KB, 1225x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v17_p237.png
583 KB, 1225x1800
>>46506233
237/238

Wait, I think it might have been mentioned once in Vritannis as well, at the Vandimion Manor. Only in passing, though.
>>
File: Berserk_v17_p238.png (318 KB, 1243x1800) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_v17_p238.png
318 KB, 1243x1800
>>46506268
238/238

Aaaand scene!

I hope these short excerpts have provided someone with a useful resource for use in their own campaigns.

And although Berserk will likely not be completed any time soon, if at all, consider checking it out anyway. I'd say it's worth a read even if it never gets an ending.
>>
>>46497514
>>46497087
>>46497057

Guys. The Behelit is not just a rock, no matter what the witch says. Is she the one who made them? No she isnt. If they are just rocks, then why does skull knight make the sword of them? Why does Void even care if Skull Knight attacks him with it? It makes no sense for them to be just rocks. Not to mention the numerous times they appear to be alive. I think the closest thing that you could say that behelits are would be crystallised fate. Since the Berserk universe is mostly based off causality, it is very hard for one persons choices to be truly described as their own. Nearly everything they have done because of what happened to them. The Behelit is a garaunteed one choice that you can definitely make for yourself. And while they are attached to a person, it IS possible to steal them or kill their owners. Cant remember if one of the God Hand actually say words to this effect, or I'm just spitballing theories, but that's my 2 cents.
>>
>>46506322
All this really wants to make me play Dark Souls with a Zweihander again.
>>
>>46506335
Flora's explanation is in-universe canon, though.. I think it's safer to assume that they are essentially just rocks until they are activated, and that the events you mentioned manage to trigger their power in some way or another.

Skull Knight is himself a complete mystery to us. We have no idea what strange ritual he used to fuse the Behelits inside of his own body. Just because he can use them in some strange unintended way doesn't necessarily invalidate what Flora said. This is someone Miura established as one who can speak with authority on these matters, so her words are his words.
>>
>>46506322

Convinced me to read it, at least. The whole God Hand thing is perfect for what my planned campaign will be doing.
>>
>>46506000
I don't have photoshop.
Could someone more inclined than I shoop the GURPS logo onto the spine of the book?
>>
>>46506775
Some anon already did that with the 5e PHB. Shame I didn't save it.
>>
File: boserk_by_gil_ed.jpg (583 KB, 675x734) Image search: [Google]
boserk_by_gil_ed.jpg
583 KB, 675x734
>>
File: 021 copy.jpg (345 KB, 828x1280) Image search: [Google]
021 copy.jpg
345 KB, 828x1280
>>46506461
This is after his best friend sacrificed everyone he knew and loved to four demon lords, cementing for himself a place among them, then raping gut's girlfriend in front of him, which guts responds to by cutting off his own hand (which was trapped in the mouth of a demon) with a broken sword and trying to kill his ex-best friend
>>
File: adult attack.png (144 KB, 271x407) Image search: [Google]
adult attack.png
144 KB, 271x407
>>46504510
MODS ARE AWAKE POST ADULT ATTACK
>>
>>46505703
I feel bad for those guys.

They're not your typical Berserk medieval douchebags, they were just fathers and brothers who have lost their dear ones to an insane bastard.

They didn't deserve that
Thread replies: 235
Thread images: 94

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.