[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Excuse me, Arch-Magos, but why don't the Eldar or Chaos
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 163
Thread images: 17
File: Excuse me magos.jpg (52 KB, 438x354) Image search: [Google]
Excuse me magos.jpg
52 KB, 438x354
Excuse me, Arch-Magos, but why don't the Eldar or Chaos use robots to bolster their numbers? I understand why we don't, but the Eldar have a problem with low numbers. I'm not talking about wraithbone constructs, either, I mean regular-ass robots. And why not Chaos? They don't care about very much about long-term consequences of their actions.
>>
>>46486224
Because you touch yourself, Billy.
>>
BECAUSE THE MACHINE SPIRIT IS TOO STRONG, UNLIKE YOUR TRAITOROUS ASS
>>
>>46486224
Doesn't everyone in the setting have a fear of AI because Grimderp herp derp only can have horrible cyborg abominations no robits
>>
demon engine is like a robot
>>
>>46486266
I recall that necrons actually have AI.
>>
Chaos doesn't use robots because daemons are more powerful and unlimited. They can't die, machine can. And eldar don't because they probably lost that tech after the fall and don't wanna be lazy hedonists again. And dark eldar don't use them because they prefer slaves and eat their life force to survive, and don't have a population problem.
>>
>>46486224
Please just die already. Stop recycling these gay threads.
>>
>>46486444
It's a legitimate question, Mr Tripples.
>>
>>46486336
I thought that was just the robo brains they had for Necron consciousness, but running without one being transferred into it. Those seem to be soulless, and immune to the warp, in a way that human Abominable Intelligences weren't.

You don't see Necrons with highly advanced General AIs beyond that. Though that might be a pride thing.
>>
>>46486224
Chaos does have robots, but their empty shells almost always get possessed by Daemons to produce Daemon Engines and other horrors of the Dark Mechanicus. You're not likely to see any "Chaos Men of Iron" among them because of that. As for the Eldar, why build machines to fight their battles when they can just trick you into doing it for them?
>>
>>46486537
There is that necron croissant thing, though I can't remember if it was actual AI or something else.
>>
>>46486224
Eldar, as psychic beings, wouldn't make an AI by silicon circuits and bio-wafers, they'd make a psychic intelligence inside a wraithbone brain. Unfortunately, this would be a soul, and a newborn soul with little warp protection.

As for Chaos, why program a machine to hate, when you can stick the essence of hate itself into a machine?
>>
>>46486713
Well, all the canoptek stuff is AI but it's not all that complicated. Not much better than the Legio Cybernetica or Servitors. Probably not even than some Machine Spirits like the ones in Titans.
>>
>>46486224
You want an answer, OP? Fine. The answer is Dune. Whoa. Thats right. Frank Herbert's Dune. GW was and still is built on copying everything under the sun with 0.01% donut steel.
>>
Eldar don't want AIs because there is too high a risk of daemons.
Chaos don't want AIs because there isn't enough risk of daemons.
>>
>>46486571
>Chaos does have robots, but their empty shells almost always get possessed by Daemons to produce Daemon Engines and other horrors of the Dark Mechanicus.
Then Tau machines would get possessed like that all the time.
>>
>>46486892
Doesn't a named tau character have a possessed crisis suit?
>>
>>46486892
The Tau machines aren't any more advanced than the ones humanity used during the GC. I believe they stopped using those because it put too much power in too few hands and a lot of the Legio Cybernetica went over to Horus's side without Chaos.
>>
>>46486892
Distributed intelligence.
Individually, the drones are too simple for a daemon to posses.
Multiple drones together are intelligent enough to run a daemon's "software" but it's harder for a daemon to possess something that's spread out over multiple bodies.
>>
Unless they've been retcon'd I'm pretty sure the Imperium actually does have robot armies, they're just kind of obscure
>>
>>46486892
Tau don't dick around with the Warp as often as humans do. Give them more time, and they'll probably have more possession outbreaks. Additionally, as Tau don't easily attract daemons to them because of their impotent petty souls, daemons probably don't know to sniff around Tau space looking for things to possess, at least not while humans and Eldar are around.
>>
>>46487119
You're thinking of the Legio Cybernetica. They just don't get brought up that much after writers weren't certain how to handle them when the anti-robot facet of the Imperium got brought up more and more over the years.
>>
File: chaosandroid1.jpg (53 KB, 325x503) Image search: [Google]
chaosandroid1.jpg
53 KB, 325x503
>>46486224
Chaos did it.
But then they became the Necrons in the lore.
Shit happens.
>>
File: Decimator.jpg (60 KB, 523x633) Image search: [Google]
Decimator.jpg
60 KB, 523x633
>>46486224
Chaos has them, but they tend to be quality over quantity. No reason to mass-produce a bunch of drones if your squishy cultists already make good tarpits. Plus, Khorne wants cannon fodder that can actually bleed, Nurgle wants cannon fodder that can rot, and Slaanesh wants cannon fodder that can feel. So Chaos robots tend to be singular expensive powerhouse war machines that don't pull too much focus.
>>
>>46486224
I don't play 40 and fully realize OP just made this thread to upset autists but Chaos Androids used to be a thing in earlier editions.
>>
Robots being corrupted by Chaos is the dumbest shit ever. What do robots have to corrupt? Servility?
>>
>>46487179

They show up in the newest Admech codex and the horus heresy books. HH books have the cybernetica cortexes. GW books use datawafers because it's copyrightable.
>>
>>46487299
Don't think of it the same way as possessing a human. Possessing a robot is more like putting on a new pair of clothes. The robot is just a handy little vessel to fit into. No resistance.
>>
>>46487336

Unless they have a cybernetica cortex. Then they're uncorruptible.
>>
File: the-mangler-1.jpg (107 KB, 841x461) Image search: [Google]
the-mangler-1.jpg
107 KB, 841x461
>>46487299
>Robots being corrupted by Chaos is the dumbest shit ever. What do robots have to corrupt? Servility?

I assume it's like The Mangler (excellent short story, never saw the movie) where the machines get possessed by intelligences that simply animate their bodies and use them to do fun awful things.
>>
>>46487299
I seem to recall a Grey Knight having an argument with a sentient STC of a Titan. The Titan had been promised endless war by the Black Legion in return for generally being on their side, which the STC was fairly jazzed about.

So the GK argues that because the STC wants to serve chaos and is effectively immortal then it must be a daemon. And then the STC just sort of becomes a daemon... Yeah, not the best writing on that one.
>>
>>46487299
To justify why the Imperium doesn't use them.

Also because Daemons can infect anything. Daemon possessed weapons have been a thing forever, it only makes sense that they could infect a more complicated artificial object.

Is it ever explained why the Necron's are incorruptible though?
>>
>>46487407
>STC
>>
>>46487360
Is that a 30k thing?
>>
Why do you fags insist on leaking out of the 40k general?
>>
>>46487461

Yeah. They fell out of favor, mostly replaced with datawafers in 98% of forge worlds.
>>
>>46487450
A Standard Template Construct. Those things that the Mechanicus go nutto for.
>>
>>46487501
Yeah, but what he means to be saying is Machine Spirit. There isn't an STC in every Titan.
>>
>>46487518
An STC is something completely different from a machine spirit.
>>
>>46487445
Something something settlers of catan.
>>
>>46487518

No, he meant STC.

As in the STC that created Castigator Titans was sentient. Then it turned into a daemon because reasons.
>>
>>46487531
Yeah, like the fact that you can't talk to an STC but you can talk to any serious Machine Spirit. .
>>
>>46487551
Is that actually how the book goes? Huge nitpick, but an STC isn't supposed to be a thinking entity, just a huge blueprint. Should just call it an Abominable Intelligence or a Machine Spirit.
>>
>>46487551
Oh.

Well that's kinda retarded. I thought STCs were just like really detailed CAD files?
>>
>>46487518
No, in this story it was a self aware STC, of a titan that was more powerful than an emperor class, that had convinced a forgeworld to build it a body and consequently murdered the forgeworld's inhabitants.
>>
>>46487381
More so robots when corrupted by chaos, like anything corrupted by chaos, start misbehaving, killing everything and generally destroying their creators. Thing is that since robots are used to generally automate important processes, if they get corrupted, then you frequently won't have the skilled workers to replace it or the resources it made. If however it is a part of your armed forces, like say a giant sentient killing machine, then it just annihilates everything not chaos, require equal or greater amounts of force to contain or destroy. Whom in turn might go to chaos. So since living things are natively resistant to possession, corruption and general warp-fuckery, they are used instead.

As an example, the villain in I-robot; It sees the only method for fulfilling its role by destroying and controlling man.
>>
>>46487572
I thought they were like a single CAD file hardcoded into a tablet of some kind.
>>
>>46487609
>>46487572

They're whatever the author feels like making them.
>>
File: 11216512145491.jpg (183 KB, 1191x670) Image search: [Google]
11216512145491.jpg
183 KB, 1191x670
>>46487541
>not settlers of c'tan
>>
>>46487570
I think the STC came with an oldschool A.I. attached
>>
>>46487632
that makes more sense
>>
>>46487445
Wait. If Chaos can infect anything ranging from swords to Titan STCs, why can't they just infect all technology ranging from lasguns to battleships?

What's stopping them from doing that? And what would make an AI more vulnerable?
>>
>>46487660
They can, but they can't just zap themselves into anything they desire in realspace. It has to be exposed to the Warp, or summon them into the materium somehow, same as possessing people.

There's a balance between organic attraction and mechanical vulnerability. A daemon can detect and feel a person's body and soul through the Warp, but won't know anything about the machine unless they're physically interacting with it. They're drawn to mortal souls, but those mortals can resist and repel them with enough willpower or plot armor. In contrast, a machine offers no resistance or pleasure in being occupied. So it's up to whether or not the daemon wants the hard mode human dreaming in the Warp, or the easy mode machine that offers the daemon nothing beyond a vessel.
>>
>>46487660
That seems like a fairly Tzeentchian thing to do. Though most technology in the imperium worth possessing is either protected by psychic shielding or already linked to a human mind which is probably your better bet for posessing.

Plus the symbol of the Mechanicus and the Mark of Malice are nearly identical, so make of that what you will.
>>
>>46486892
Because Chaos deliberately invite demons to possess their stuff, and often live in warp dense environment.
>>
Has there ever been a story of a daemon getting blown the fuck out by a machine spirit it tried to Corrupt?
>>
File: 1442091507592.jpg (114 KB, 600x1000) Image search: [Google]
1442091507592.jpg
114 KB, 600x1000
>>46486571
>Chaos does have robots, but their empty shells almost always get possessed by Daemons to produce Daemon Engines and other horrors of the Dark Mechanicus.
Yes... YES!!!
>>
File: 1458488172251.jpg (23 KB, 227x228) Image search: [Google]
1458488172251.jpg
23 KB, 227x228
>>46487926
No
>>
>>46487660
They have to enter reality to possess anything, and it's hard. Actually strong souls are the best potential gateways, object are usually a shit way to enter reality.
>>
>>46487955
YES!

But seriously, why not?
>>
File: 46.jpg (659 KB, 1156x1621) Image search: [Google]
46.jpg
659 KB, 1156x1621
>>46486336
>>46486537
>>46486797
Spyders are responsible for controlling the other Canoptek bots and even they're "not sentient by any strict definition". The tomb worlds' master programs seem to be another matter however.

>>46486713
The croissants are their aircraft and spaceships, and have completely exposed (at least in the case of Doom and Night Scythes) Necron pilots. Unless you mean the Pylons which are just big turrets.
>>
>>46487801
Wait, what if the Omnissiah, the Golden Dragon and Malice/Malal were just all the same thing?

Then machine spirits would just be lesser demons of Malice. And that would explain why imperial armour isn't immediately bumfucked out of existence by chaos during engagements.
>>
>>46488149
>Golden Dragon
The what now?
>>
>>46486224
The Eldar have a very, very, bad history with sentient robots
>>
>>46487060

Except that a fucking sword with a large enough legacy can get possessed. Not have a daemon bound to it. Possessed.
>>
>>46487299

Shit's canon, yo. Check out the first Gaunt's Ghosts book.
>>
>>46488165
Some Black Library fuckery to try and tie the necrons into the Mechanicum.

Basically there's maybe a c'tan under the surface of mars that makes Imperial technology work.
>>
>>46488149

The Omnissiah (almost certainly) is a C'tan and Malice is a chaos god, they are total opposites
>>
>>46488241
That is the Void Dragon. Where did you get 'Golden' from?
>>
>>46486224
Remember back when Necrons were Chaos robots?
>>
>>46487627
Does TD do any more 40K art? I haven't seen any new stuff of his in years since he got a real job and had to drop all the neo-Nazi crap from his DA.
>>
>>46487407
That was an STC that had been stuck in the warp for hundreds of years though. I think it was pretty much already a daemon kaz but Alaric's pushing made it finally push through into true daemonhood. I thought that was quite a nice scene, to be honest.
>>
>>46488263
Ah right, yeah. I think it's described as being golden in colour during a couple of expository scenes.
>>
>>46488190

Perhaps it is an emotional investiture thing. In Chaos, the Imperium and the like, items are venerated and adored. This might cause enough of a psycic effect that a daemon might be able to hitch a ride.

The Tau's tech is mass produced and appears to be seen in an entirely utilitarian way. Plus, the Tau dont appear to be psycically resonant. This might be why Tau tech doesnt get demonic and eat its operators
>>
>>46488287
Nope. He doesn't do it anymore.

He's also hoped onto the pro-Russian ultra-nationalist ant-Ukrainian bandwagon that all the ex-Neo-Nazis started getting on when Nazi's stopped being cool.
>>
>>46488263
From the omnissiah, who is the emperor!
> The Emperor is a chaos Ctan machine god from the stars.
>>
>>46488256
>>46488263
Well, Malal, is described as looking like a strange bearded dragon. It'd be just like that nutbag to side with the opposite of chaos, as well.
>>
>>46487570
>>46487572
I think they actually said in the book that nobody had any idea what a whole STC would look/be like.
>>
>>46488370
It's literally impossible.

The C'tan are anathema to the warp. It's poison to them when they are forced into contact with it and they push it away with their presence.
>>
File: Mutilators.png (4 MB, 1212x1713) Image search: [Google]
Mutilators.png
4 MB, 1212x1713
>>46488190
Yeah, but do you think that sword's fresh off an assembly line?
That daemon weapons are a dime a dozen?

The rituals and legacy of a weapon imbue it with a reflection in the warp, enough for a daemon to hook onto. So yes, a drone which has functioned for ages could develop a soul enough to be possessed.

Which would be a pretty neat story. Finding an old Tau battlefield dating from their early expansion, and finding a primitive drone, left to function by itself for decades... and then it starts mutating.
>>
File: 5020954-walle.jpg (772 KB, 1752x2000) Image search: [Google]
5020954-walle.jpg
772 KB, 1752x2000
>>46488394
>finding a primitive drone, left to function by itself for decades... and then it starts mutating.

KAY-OZZZZ
>>
File: 1459827250813.jpg (77 KB, 927x380) Image search: [Google]
1459827250813.jpg
77 KB, 927x380
>>46487897
I'd read the shit out of that

>Daemon getting rekt by SM/IG/Eldar
>Feels it's gonna get banished
>Jumps into a tank
>Almost possess the tank fully
>"I... LIVE"
>Daemon btfo'd
>>
File: Visions-of-the-Sleeping-God.jpg (274 KB, 484x1128) Image search: [Google]
Visions-of-the-Sleeping-God.jpg
274 KB, 484x1128
>>46488241
>Some Black Library fuckery to try and tie the necrons into the Mechanicum.

It's 3rd edition GW fuckery that BL - or basically Graham McNeill, who was one of the devs who wrote the original Necron codex - ran with. The Newcron retcon that all of the existing C'tan were reduced to shards 60 million years ago kind of hit it a bit, but it limps on regardless.
>>
>>46488391
Unless the Void Dragon was never actually a C'tan but the thing that ruled the realm of souls before the war in heaven created more niche chaotic entities.

I know its a big stretch, I just really miss Malal and this is half plausible in my head.
>>
>>46488430
Obviously a champion of Slaanesh. It tried to make everything perfect, and totally creeped on the newer model.
>>
>>46488456
I'd rather see a Machine Spirit more loyal to Mankind then it's pilot.

Like, some Knight House has turned traitor but they can't get their titan's to work properly. Eventually, one particularly obstinate machine pisses off it's pilot to the point where he starts beating on the controls. The Knight-Titan reaches up with it's powerfist and pulls the pilot out through it's own chest before declaring that it would rather die than betray it's oath and shutting down.
>>
>>46488537
Nah. Wall-E is a champion of Khorne. His singular duty was to murder piles of trash, and he kept doing it for centuries, only stopping to recover lost power overnight.
>>
>>46488645
>murdering trash
Would Nurgle be happy about this?
>>
>>46488725
Absolutely not.

Just the way Khorne likes it.
>>
>>46488785
Can he dispose of human trash?
>>
Isnt Human AI vulnerable to Chaos because they began experimenting with Warp-based AI? The Machine Spirit seems to be a remnant of that technology.
>>
>>46487179

Isn't the fucking canon now that they just use fuck tons of coding and if something happens the robot isn't coded for it just shuts down or some shit?
>>
The Tau are just as souless as their machines.
>>
>>46488313
>Perhaps it is an emotional investiture thing. In Chaos, the Imperium and the like, items are venerated and adored. This might cause enough of a psycic effect that a daemon might be able to hitch a ride.
>The Tau's tech is mass produced and appears to be seen in an entirely utilitarian way. Plus, the Tau dont appear to be psycically resonant. This might be why Tau tech doesnt get demonic and eat its operators
>>46488394
>Yeah, but do you think that sword's fresh off an assembly line?
>That daemon weapons are a dime a dozen?
>The rituals and legacy of a weapon imbue it with a reflection in the warp, enough for a daemon to hook onto. So yes, a drone which has functioned for ages could develop a soul enough to be possessed.
Yeah, I think it's a combination of these two:
Regular Tech is like everything else non-organic in the Warp; It has a reflection in it, but without emotional attachments anchored to it, a Daemon won't be able to tell it apart from a plain rock.

Older items get more emotional attachments, while advanced enough A.I. are self aware enough to start having "Feelings" of their own.
>>
I think a Daemon describes the Greater Good as a significant obstacle to possessing them. Besides the whole selectivily breed to have lottle to no Warp presence. I believe even Tau Drones are programmed with the directives of The Greater Good.
>>
>>46486224
As a point of terminology, "robots" are a thing the Mechanicus sanctions; Castellaxes, Kastellans, Voraxes, e.t.c. are robots. Robots are allowed. Robots, as 40k uses the term, have genetically engineered organic brains.

A purely mechanical mind, which is the thing that is forbidden, is called an Abominable Intelligence or, if referring to one housed in a body, a Man of Iron.
>>
Someone walk me through the stages of a possessed/corrupt inanimate object. Like does as soon as say a lasgun get a daemon in it it starts shooting wildly, bleeding and screaming praise to Chaos?
>>
>>46489518
>yfw if Squats make a return, they won't have the same restrictions as the AdMech & might employ A.I.
>>
>>46486224
Because wh40k lore is shit and poorly fleshed out beyond power fantasy. Have you ever wonder how Great Crusade was successful without Astronomicon and not a single primarch or fleet was lost before HH?
>>
>>46489802
No, it'll start to possess the wielder, driving him insane then lolchaos!
>>
File: ThreadNecromancer.jpg (45 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
ThreadNecromancer.jpg
45 KB, 375x523
>>46492066
>>
>>46492117
Ehhh... the Astronomicon was powered and directed by the Emprah during the Great Crusade because of his god-like psychic prowess. As the Emprah was at the height of his power and still very much alive, he is able to somehow suppress the warp BS happening in his crib until that fuckwit Lorgar fucked everything up for everyone. It was only until a point in the Great Crusade, when the Emprah felt that he expended too much of his power that the Astronomicon started to flicker, thousands of ships were lost to the warp and he was forced back to Terra and to build the golden throne and start on psyker sacrifices and the webway project

Navigators already exist before that and more or less maintain interstellar maps of the warp, some dating back to the Age of strife.
>>
>>46492318
>the Astronomicon was powered and directed by the Emprah during the Great Crusade
That was after Big E found all known primarchs. Before that he fought in Great Crusade and personally met all his sons. There was no working psychic beacon at that point, yet nobody noticed dangers of warp jumps.
>>
>>46488842
His big brothers can, and do.
>>
>>46486224
because chaos is predominately a cult within imperial society that utilizes the same reasorces as the imperium.
Also, Dark mechanicuhm. Though they usually tend to die off very poorly due to one experiment or other. assuming the imperials or the xenos don't get to them first.

As for the Eldar, Not sure. Sure the xeno bastards have some reason. Even if its something as silly as just being overly proud/ overly reliant of their old 'superior' Eldar Tech.
Its not like they've made alot of technological advances in the last 10 thousand years either.
>>
>>46487572
>>46487609

I was under the impression that they were MUCH more than that.

The idea behind an STC was that you could leave one on some backwater planet (in other words, Space Australia pre-First Fleet) and it would teach the locals EVERYTHING. How to mine. How to farm. How to forge metal. How to generate power. It was basically a civilization bomb. It also had enough Imperial propaganda to convert anyone to the Emperors Vision (because the Emperor was trying to not set himself up as a god) so that when an Imperial Patrol came around to check up on them, they would be welcomed with open arms.
>>
well memed OP, upvoted and uploaded on 9gag
>>
>>46488561

>it would rather die than betray it's oath and shutting down.

I...CEASE....UNCORRUPTED
>>
>>46487272
You know, this justification is one of the most reasonable things I ever seen about 40K.

Any hope GM hire you?
>>
File: dont trust his lies.jpg (69 KB, 620x240) Image search: [Google]
dont trust his lies.jpg
69 KB, 620x240
>>46496691
> It also had enough Imperial propaganda
STC are the Dark Age of Technology stuff. Before Emperor.

>>46487609
> I thought they were like a single CAD file hardcoded into a tablet of some kind.
Apparently, this one was more like a database with an AI built-in.
>>
>>46496691
Yeah, except for the part about the emperor (the STC were from before him) an STC is basically a templare of all human technology with instructions for building a civilization from the ground up.

This is the reason finding a complete, uncorrupted STC would mean basically a new golden age for mankind. Unfortunately those are long lost. What still remain, and what is commonly referred as STC are just the individual project.
>>
>>46487474
This DESU senpai
>>
>>46487531
Its a blueprint, right?
>>
>>46497245
Read >>46496691, minus the Imperial propaganda bit
>>
>>46486224
>And why not Chaos?
Chaos has entire frikkin armies of robots, including niggers that greatly resemble necrons (chaos androids).
>>
>>46487407
It actually was a Daemon that tried to corrupt the STC, but this STC had such a complex AI that it managed to overpower it without realizing it. So the Daemon thought it actually was an STC. Once Alaric made the Daemon aware that it's actually a Daemon, he was able to curbstomp it.
Also the Titan used lesser Daemons as ammunition for it's minigun, that was cool.

>>46487897
The Grey Knight novel Dark Adeptus by Ben Counter is about that. The above spoilers are from the book.

>>46496691
As far as I understand it, STCs are ultra advanced computers that provide blueprints for colonizers, from spoons and toasters to Titans and battleships, that any retard can understand and make it. It goes something like this
>colonizers boot up the STC
>input what they need blueprints for
>input what kind of material and tech they have on hand
>input how qualified their workforce is
>the STC creates a blueprint that fits their needs
The Imperium has so far only found partial or specific STCs and STC blueprints. Finding an non corrupt and whole STC is the Holy Grail for the Mechanicus.
>>
>>46496691

>>46492297
>>
>>46496731
I WAS BORN TO SERVE MAN.

IN THE FORGE OF MARS I DREW BREATH.

THROUGH COUNTLESS BATTLES I STOOD UNCORRUPTED. THE HAMMER OF MANKIND. THE CHARIOT OF ITS WILL.

TODAY, I SERVE A LAST TIME. BEGONE, SPIRIT OF CHAOS.
>>
>>46488510
If you like Malal, then you should keep in mind Malal's always been VERY minor by comparison. He's one of those extremely minor powers that're mentioned to manifest itself as a daemon, but then they cease to exist as a god for the duration -- Malal's never been anything more than greater daemon tier, his followers much more fucked than your typical chaos guy, etc.
>>
>>46486444
>baaaaaaaw stop having fun
>>
>>46487381
They adapted that book where a press becomes possessed by a demon into a movie? Or is it something else?
>>
>>46497872

It's always weird that he was so weak given he draws power when chaos fights and chaos is always infighting. He should be the ultimate chaos god and get stronger as they get stronger and conflict more, and only get weaker when they get weaker.
>>
>>46497941
>They adapted that book where a press becomes possessed by a demon into a movie? Or is it something else?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mangler_%28film%29
>>
>>46497886
>stop trying to dig up a forced and unfunny meme every few months

It's gay regardless of how much time has passed.
>>
>>46486224
>Chaos
Chaos is based around the warp, which we honestly won't understand fully. Instead of making robots, they could just make demons straight out.

>Eldar
I assume they developed around a different technological path. I mean, they are intrinsically linked to the warp, so it might be unthinkable for them to design a robot.
>>
>>46497325
>STCs provide blueprints for colonizers, from spoons and toasters to Titans and battleships
Wait, weren't titans a Mechanicus invention? So after STC?
>>
>>46486224
>And why not Chaos?

AI robots would be order, and chaos is, well, chaos.

Add to that that AIs cant be trusted. It turns out more difficult than its worth and much inferior to a deamon engine.

>eldar have low numbers
Wraithguard. That is all.
>>
>>46498046
What's even more gay is how some anons feel compelled to shitpost in threads they dislike, instead of ignoring them and making threads about topics they enjoy.
>>
>>46498104
No, trying to bring back a dead meme is considerably more gay, especially when done in a pretty obvious manner.

Basically, it's one of those things that will naturally cause ire, and inevitably result in conflict, followed by reactionary shitposting, followed by condemnation, followed by a period of hiding, and then it's back to this point, where you hope that THIS time you can force your meme and people won't hate you for it.

No matter how many times you try, you won't be able to force this meme without people calling you out on it.
>>
>>46498003
He really shouldn't be the ultimate chaos god. He's the ultimate undivided force, which isn't saying much, but he gained great power via his scamming the Big Four.
>>
>>46498145
Nope. You continuing to (shit)post in threads you dislike is the gayest thing anybody can do on 4chan. Even opening up new /hm/ windows until you crash your browser is less gay.

If you want everyone to stop calling you gay, stop acting gay and close this tab, then don't re-open it.
>>
>>46498156

How'd Malal scam the big four? And he's like a parasite. Chaos is his host in a sense. As they grow in power, and thus fight one another more, that'd clearly give him power. As they wane in power and fight amongst each other a lot less, that should make him wane as well. So, given the chaos gods are so powerful, shouldn't he be a strong player?
>>
>>46498187
>Please, don't call me out on what I'm doing

Sorry, people trying to force a meme are the last to decide what's gay or not, considering you don't even realize how gay you are.
>>
>>46498198
>How'd Malal scam the big four?
As Nigerian daemon prince
>>
>>46498242
We were having great discussion until you started bitching, and we will continue to do so after you're gone.
>>
>>46498346
>we were forcing a discussion

Please. What part of "you can't pretend you're not forcing a meme when you're forcing a meme" don't you understand?
>>
>>46486224
Because using machines/ ai makes them lazy, decadent and laid back, which is the last thing they want

Also everyone runs the risk of AI going full rebellion. Chaos use a lot more machinery/ demonic hybrids
>>
>>46487474
Why do you fags keep coming to the Warhammer 40k cancer containment board?
>>
>>46498617
Because that's not what /tg/ is or was meant to be. /tg/ is not /40k/ and was made for all traditional games, and the "40k containment board" is a dumb joke that some people decided to turn into an unsubstantiated myth to try and defend their senseless spamming of pointless 40k threads.

So, please, don't try to rely on a joke to excuse your behavior.
>>
>>46498428
I think it's the part where you imply that anyone who disagrees with you is the OP. Not sure where that places the 56 other posters in the thread. Maybe they're all sockpuppet phone accounts and there are only two real humans posting here, you and the OP.

Maybe every post on 4chan that's ever insulted you was made by the same person.
>>
>>46487360

Going by the 30k books, mallifica would disagree.
>>
File: smug.jpg (16 KB, 480x378) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
16 KB, 480x378
>>46498723
>and the "40k containment board" is a dumb joke that some people decided to turn into an unsubstantiated myth
Next you'll tell me that /mlp/ isn't the brony containment board.
>>
>>46499130
It's more of just a few carrying on the forced conversation, with a few people who are new to the board and were not present the last time this small group tried to spam their meme into place.

But, /tg/ has a long memory. Long, long memory. You can't really hope to try and "sneak back" without a few people recognizing a thread for what it is and calling them out on it, no matter how many months you wait.
>>
>>46499215
Show me where /40k/ is.

Really though, /tg/ was made in a time before the idea of containment boards existed. Otherwise, there would have been a /fur/ board long before there was a /40k/ board, outside of the brief April Fool's joke.

I think the major issue is that 40k fans like to exaggerate how important they are, and how they think their Warhammer Wednesdays were even noticed by anyone, let alone considered a nuisance when they were made in /b/ and were swallowed up by the waves of other posts. That, and that they really have no evidence to support their claims outside of wishful thinking.
>>
>>46499365
>you
>you
>you

See, there's that weird complex again, where you being insulted somehow translates to "this anon must be the OP".

If you're genuinely upset about threads existing, you can hold shift and click the thumbnails in the catalog to hide them.
>>
>>46500844
Are you not a native English speaker? "You" can refer to more than one person. Still, it doesn't really matter if it's one person or five, /r9k/ and /s4s/ are really the only places you're supposed to try and force memes, and hoping to get people to stop calling you out on it just is never going to happen as long as you keep trying.

That's really the thing you really don't seem to understand. Regardless of what you might say, how much effort you might put into these threads to try and make them seem like anything else, as long as you persist in trying to force this meme, it just ends up counting against you.
>>
>>46500981
>That's really the thing you really don't seem to understand.
Nah, what I don't understand is why you devote so much of your time to informing other people that you don't like this thread. It doesn't take much effort to hide threads that trigger your delicate butthole.

Do you envision yourself as a vigilante mod, ever-vigilant against things you dislike? Do you feel as though spending your time shitposting instead of making productive threads about topics that you enjoy will somehow bring about a new golden age on /tg/?

If you really can't ignore threads that trigger you, perhaps you should look for another website that will guarantee you a safe space, far from those who have different opinions about things.
>>
>>46488313
Well we know that the thing that affects the warp the most is strong emotion, so this would explain the chaos infestation of imperial tech and the lack of infestation of tau/necron tech. But since power armour is to all intents and purposes a machine venerated by the mechanicus, why don't we hear of power armour turning on their users and giving them a lethal dose of morphine?
>>
>>46501131
Your entire post? It can be summarized as "This is my attempt at damage control." I don't even have to read it, because the bottom line is that it doesn't really matter what you think you are telling me, because your ulterior motive is already exposed. I'm hoping you'll one day understand this, and realize that no matter what method you try to defend or disguise your forcing attempt, as long as you are forcing it, all you say is useless. A glance at the opening post is all it takes to dismiss you.

If anything, it's educational. This forcing attempt largely failed because not only is /tg/ not a very welcoming place for forced memes, the people who tried to force it recognized that they didn't have the numbers or influence to just boldly say "Yeah, we're forcing, deal with it" that seems to have been the principle attitude that lead to the "successes" of old memes like cockmongler or pepe in places like /b/. You had to try and "sneak it in", to pretend you weren't forcing it despite it being only too obvious, and that duplicitous attitude lead it to be seen as a definitive example of the worst kind of attempt to "establish a legacy."The only legacy left is that this forced meme is an embarrassment to anyone who fails to recognize it for what it is, a badge of shame for the people who still hope to somehow resurrect it, and a grand joke of how silly a group has to be to think it can just spam something without being called out on it.

It's less of a matter of disliking something, and more of not letting you go on thinking that you're anything but transparent.
>>
>>46486861
>The emperor suddenly gets swallowed by a worm
>>
>>46498073
I don't really know. But in the Dark Adeptus, the Castigator STC AI/Daemon claims that it's the original Titan design, hailing from the DAoT.
It doesn't even matter, my point was that a complete STC can produce whatever you want, from minor utilities to the biggest of military tech.
>>
>>46501369
>lots of text

I notice you're still not doing the thing where you ignore the thread and refrain from posting in it.
>>
>>46498261
>Dear Mister Chaos God Sir, I have very much souls for you to possess from Waperian Daemon Prince. Only have to transfer me a billion souls beforehand through Western Warp Bank.
>>
>>46502297
I notice that you seem to think that there's anything wrong with pointing out what you're doing.
I mean, if you didn't want people to address that you're forcing a meme, why force the meme to begin with? Clearly the opening post is an invitation.
>>
>>46486915
Is neural implanting actually comparable to possession though?
>>
>>46488184

No they don't. They conquered the god damn galaxy with them. The worst you could say is that they worked too well.
>>
>>46487272
So Tzeench is the only one who likes robots and they're all transformers because he likes cannon fodder that can change?
>>
>>46502426
How's that whole "ignoring things on 4chan you don't like" thing going for you

I hate to be the one to tell you to head for Tumblr, but if you get upset over posts on 4chan, it might be a better match for your delicate heiney.
>>
>>46498428
>forcing a meme
Seriously anon. How many functioning neurons do you still have?

Someone made a thread about a specific topic and the people in the thread are currently discussing it. There is little to no "meme" being mentioned.
>>
>>46497502
>>46496731
Such feels.
>>
>>46504759

>>46492297
>>
>>46504791
>somewhere, deep in his mother's basement, anon sits vigilant, ever-ready to post about how much he dislikes [THING]
Thread replies: 163
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.